Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? Its design is a bull. It has hooves and horns. And it's named Tapu Bulu. I'm not sure how that's "all over the place".
I I'm fully aware of what it is supposed to be, however, when I look at the other Tapu's designs, Bulu's is clearly lacking in execution to me. Look at Fini for example, if you close its shell it'll all come together and it'll look just like the head of a marlin fish--this is what I meant with "defining characterestic" . It just seems like they grabbed a bunch of elements that seemed to fit and glued them to it, but when I try to piece everything together it just doesn't work.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Give credit to where it's due - even with people totally dedicated to getting every piece of info on SuMo ever, they have consistently managed to surprise us at every single turn. Even the leaked moves from the demo didn't include these ones, which leaves me to believe there was other information they left out, possibly including new Pokemon.

Tapus are great. You may have missed it, but under Tapu Bulu when it's describing Grassy Terrain it also says it halves the damage of Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze. So basically, Tapu Bulu is 4x resistant to Ground attacks save oddities like Drill Run, "Mud" moves, and Highhorse Power. I believe this is a new effect fot Grassy Terrain.

My initial reaction to Decidueye's name was difficulty in pronouncing it, since "Deciduous" is not a common word. The name might grow on me later.
Spirit Shackle is awesome though. It's basically Thousand Waves with a less common immunity, which means Decidueye will be an amazing pivot solely for the reason anything that switches into it will not be able to switch-out (that and its typing gives it many, many switch opportunities even with the middling bulk "frail" starters tend to get.)

Love Incineroar. Its animations and sounds are fantastic. Love that it also competes with Houndoom for typing, since Fire/Dark is relatively unexplored. I imagine Darkest Lariat is just a Sacred Sword clone, but there's nothing bad about 90 BP STAB. I don't see people using it over Crunch though because of Crunch's potential def drops.

Primarina is very cool and elegant. Sparkling Aria seems to have an overly-specific effect though, and seems like it will only by useful in doubles. If I were to speculate on it's hidden Ability, it'd be Pixilate so it could use Pixilate Hyper Voice.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The Tapus' Z move is actually quite underwhelming, when you think about it. Not that 75 % guaranteed damage isn't tremendously powerful, but Tapu Koko already knows Nature's Madness, which cuts the foe's HP in half. 25 percentage points of additional damage for one use of that move might not be worth giving up your item slot for. Especially when that single shot can be absorbed by Ghost types or possibly blocked by Protect.

That being said, the Z move has the benefit of being based on the foe's maximum HP, rather than the current HP which Nature's Madness uses. So it's an OHKO move after three layers of Spikes, resisting it doesn't help, and its power won't decline even if the foe switches in an injured 'mon. But time will tell if it's really worth the opportunity cost.

Also, when seeing Decidueye's name, all I can think of is this little ditty. Not a bad theme song to have for a Pokémon, though.

Last edited:
That being said, the Z move has the benefit of being based on the foe's maximum HP, rather than the current HP which Nature's Madness uses. So it's an OHKO move after three layers of Spikes, resisting it doesn't help, and its power won't decline even if the foe switches in an injured 'mon. But time will tell if it's really worth the opportunity cost.
"When using this Z-Move, the tapu close their shells and a huge avatar appears from the ground to attack the opposing Pokémon, dealing damage equal to 75 percent of the target’s remaining HP."

Nope.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"When using this Z-Move, the tapu close their shells and a huge avatar appears from the ground to attack the opposing Pokémon, dealing damage equal to 75 percent of the target’s remaining HP."

Nope.
Aha. Definitely not worth the opportunity cost, then. I guess it could be a cool move to use on the first turn to quarter your foe's HP, but halving it with Nature's Madness and still having a useable item afterwards would probably be even better.

This seems like it'd be a bit -too- much. But you never know, all that space in the game can't have just gone to overworld graphics and music...
Well it says "famous trainers from around the world" ... that would be famous trainers to me. I mean, so far we saw Cynthia (Champion) and Wally (Rival), so who knows who will be present. That list would basically be a best result kind of deal.

All I want is to team up with either Cheren, N or Iris (Champion/GymLeader).. GameFreak pls.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Tapus are great. You may have missed it, but under Tapu Bulu when it's describing Grassy Terrain it also says it halves the damage of Earthquake, Magnitude, and Bulldoze. So basically, Tapu Bulu is 4x resistant to Ground attacks save oddities like Drill Run, "Mud" moves, and Highhorse Power. I believe this is a new effect for Grassy Terrain.
It's not; Grassy Terrain has always done this.

Edit: Ninja'd ;_;

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
... I think it might be easier to do this just by watching through the trailer and commenting as I go along:

0:15: I would say its odd they decided to reveal the Starter's Final Evo instead of letting players discover them in the games... BUT everyone knows what the final evos are now so I guess they decided to use them to hype us up.
Decidueye: Was not expecting a type change, especially not to Grass/Ghost. But there's enough reasoning to it (super stealthy, based on extinct Stilt Owl, it prevo was an emo with access to blades...) even if its not a direct answer, plus its a better typing than Grass/Flying so that's a plus. Out of all their designs I like this one of the best, it just feels like its a proper conclusion with no twist to it (and doesn't look like it was designed by a kid).
They really focused on it being a stealthy arrow sniper: isn't heard even among a crowd, fast at picking arrow/drawing/aiming/shooting, can shoot far & bend trajectory, and is a sitting duck if spotted/taken by surprise. Once again, natural conclusion to a Pokemon who started with throwing razor leafs that then became quill blades.
Spirit Shackle sounds interesting, I don't think we've ever had a damaging permanent trapping move (Bind, Wrap, and their variants only partially trap). Even if the move doesn't have that much Power it still more than Mean Look and its variants do. But what about Laser Focus, wasn't that speculated to be its Signature Move? Well Starters have had two Signature Moves before and I can see these two working together. First you trap the opponent with Spirit Shackle, next use Laser Focus while they're planning on what to do now, and finally launch your guaranteed Critical Hit attack. I think Decidueye would be good picking off specific targets than being able to come in at any time.

Incineroar: YEAH! Fire/Dark confirmed! And to hammer in the point its even called the "Heel Pokemon", lol. I'll admit I lightened up to Incineroar since its leak (and the first possibility it was real) though I still wished it didn't look like it's still going to learn a few Fighting-type moves.
There seems to be some sort of duality going on with it. At first it doesn't care about what happens to its opponents, it'll even strike the opposing trainer with its attack. However it feels at its most happiest when there's an excited crowd watching and is being given admiration, will fight shoddily if the crowd isn't into it, and won't fight a weakened opponent which allows it to get taken advantage of at times. I'm going to guess a lot of these traits come from the Tiger Mask-inspiration if not a heel wrestler just in general.
Darkest Lariat is a (hopefully stronger) Chip Away clone, alright. Throat Chop would be the more interesting Signature Move to show but it seems like all the leaked Signature Moves are being kept either for later or to be "discovered" in the games. The two moves don't really work with one another as well as Decidueye's does, Throat Chop pretty much meant for stopping Pixilate Hyper Voices and Popplio's final evo's revealed Signature Move. In that case maybe Throat Chop has low power but it used for utility purposes while Darkest Lariat is the main attacking STAB move without worrying what stats the opponent increased.

Primarina: Water/Fairy confirmed though still the one I'm the most "meh" too. It's feminine appearance is now very up front even though Starters are mostly male. Other than that there's nothing wrong with it, I was just expecting something a little more from the sea lion Pokemon (that started out as a sea lion).
So it's now a singer who uses (F***ING) BUBBLES! It control the bubbles with its voice, some it can bounce on while others it hurls into the opponent which explode that it likes to chain together (so it can use Hellzone Grenade?), different ones know different songs that effect their bubbles in different ways, and if they injure their throat they're in grave danger thus don't like arid areas or over-using their voice. Well they stuck with the bubble theme throughout its evolution line and having it adapt to using its bubbles in several ways so I got to give them credit for that.
Sparkling Aria sounds like a Burn version of Smelling Salts and probably meant to be combo'd with Scald, though depending on your opponent you may want them to remained burned (which is why Smelling Salts doesn't see much play, you normally want your opponent to be Paralyzed). But hey, its at least using its voice here unlike its other speculated Signature Move which has to do with auroras.

0:19: That's interesting, it tucks the "hands" part of its wings under its shoulder, so its now always at the very ends its wings which are sort of like sleeves.
0:26: LOL, well I guess we know those strings do serve a function other than being a bow string.
0:41: Of course Incineroar would be in the Battle Royal stage. :P
0:59: I'M A PRETTY BALLERINA!
1:17: And of course they'd make it like being touched there...
1:21: It can stand using its tail like feet? Also the bubbles in its hair fly away when attacking and letting its hair loose, a nice touch.
1:33: They're showing all the Island Guardians already? You'd think they keep some of them a surprise. Could the Demo leak might have made them decide to show off some of this stuff early?
Tapu Lele: Guardian of Akele Island (who Olivia is Kahuna of), its shell takes a form of that of an insect. So Bug-type, right? Nope, Psychic (to be fair, Tapu Koko is based on a chicken but is Electric and not Flying). Out of them all it has the most simplistic design, which isn't until now that we got what its shell is suppose to be (confirmed by the Japanese trailer).
Before we go into a description there was an odd omission on the English side. Its scales are able to heal and calm whoever they fall upon, legend saying it did so on two warring tribes to stop them from fighting. However its also said too much of these scales will have an adverse affect on the body, the Japanese site noting that the scales actually caused the warring tribes to keep on fighting until the killed one another. It's an odd omission as they didn't really change Tapu Lele's personality, it's still presented as being naive and/or vindictive for spreading so much of its scales for its own enjoyment. Even though it likes spreading its scaled all over the place it doesn't have a lot of energy in its shell (maybe you would if you didn't spray your scales around willy-nilly) so focuses on afflicting status ailments than outright fighting.
This leads us to Psychic Terrain and Psychic Surge. Yes, they made a new terrain move as predicted and its affect is anyone touching the ground can't use priority moves (my Arceus, they REALLY hate priority moves this gen don't they? Was Talonflame that good? And they just released Accelerock too this gen too). It also gets Nature's Madness, all the Guardian Deities do.

Tapu Bulu: Guardian of Ula'Ula Island (the one with the icy mountain which we'll get to), its shell resembles a bull. What type is it? Grass. "Huh? That's not one of Oricorio's types". And thus that theory is proven wrong, I guess GF doesn't like being predictable. It looks okay but a bit silly with its shell sticking out like that, having those two muscular hoof-hand arms, and a cowbell tail.
It can control plantlife which includes its wooden horns, but its lazy. It doesn't like to battling or frightening others so it rings the bell on its tail to warn others its coming. But if you do something, like say break into its ruins to steal stuff, it won't hesitate to swing tree trunks at you. Rather calm for a bull.
Grass-type means Grassy Surge and take a wild guess what terrain that summons. Yup, Misty Terrain. No, its Grassy Terrain but hey, we got one more Island Guardian to get to!

Tapu Fini: Guardian of Poni Island (desert island), its shell resembles a sea creature (fish? Marine mammal?). It's Water/Fairy so another non-Oricorio type but at least that means a new terrain, right? As someone else noted, it's design reminds me of the pictures of Aphrodite in a clam shell. I actually like its design, even if its seemingly another mermaid-based one but this feels subtle about it.
Creates purifying water (what Legendary Water-type doesn't) but doesn't like people so creates a fog that put those in it into a trance. Apparently it either exhausts itself doing so or doesn't care, no one can tell as it doesn't change its expression.
So, what does Water Terrian do? Huh? It's not called Water Terrain? Then what its terrain move called? Misty Terrain? Well makes sense but that's name is already taken by the Fairy-type terrain move... Ooh. So yeah, seems like there's only one new Terrain move as Tapu Fini instead gets the Fairy terrain summoning Ability: Misty Surge. Odd its the only guardian to have a terrain move not of its primary type but I guess they wanted to use all the terrain moves. And its still part Fairy-type so its able to perfectly use it.

I do like how they give each guardian their own faults instead of making them all goodie-goodie. Koko is curious but fickle and may not help if called, Lele can heal but also just as easily hurt and doesn't care eitherway, Bulu can make plants grow and non-confrontational but is lazy and can get REALLY aggressive, and Fini can create purifying water but doesn't like people so makes a mystifying fog. They have both good and bad traits which helps make them three dimensional with some coming off more kinder and others more cruel.

1:57 & 2:18: And the two other islands names have been revealed: Ula'Ula Island and Poni Island. And yes, they're named after the Hawaiian words for colors. Melemele is yellow, Akele is pink, Ula'Ula is red, and Poni is purple. Yellow, pink, red, purple. Not exactly your standard colors, but they are the colors of the Island Challenge charm the player character has.
2:41: Oh my Arceus, it's not only Alolan Version/Kanto Pokemon getting Signature Z-Moves! :O
Yes, the Island Guardian are getting their won shared Z-Move: Guardian of Alola! They summon a body made of energy, fold up into their shells (which looks like a head of an animal), and attach themselves as the head of the body as they crush the opponent with their fist (their trainer gleefully mimicking the action to give the command).
Kind of wished each body was the color of their respective Guardian/Island, seems odd all of them are yellow which only matches Tapu Koko. Also wished the symbol was the face of the Strange Souvenir to bring a close what purpose that had (if any).

Sorry I got to cut things short. Will continue the rest with two other Pokemon (yet another I wasn't expecting them to reveal), our possible Battle Facility of the region (don't worry, it's not the Maison), and some familiar faces. ;)

Looking at the new announcement with the typings, I was kind of suprised that Rowlet's final evo is grass/ghost, I thought it would be grass/flying. Now I cannot choose between this one and Inceneroar. Older Red looks really wierd and annoying, I can't get over how different he looks.

... I think it might be easier to do this just by watching through the trailer and commenting as I go along:

0:15: I would say its odd they decided to reveal the Starter's Final Evo instead of letting players discover them in the games... BUT everyone knows what the final evos are now so I guess they decided to use them to hype us up.
Decidueye: Was not expecting a type change, especially not to Grass/Ghost. But there's enough reasoning to it (super stealthy, based on extinct Stilt Owl, it prevo was an emo with access to blades...) even if its not a direct answer, plus its a better typing than Grass/Flying so that's a plus. Out of all their designs I like this one of the best, it just feels like its a proper conclusion with no twist to it (and doesn't look like it was designed by a kid).
They really focused on it being a stealthy arrow sniper: isn't heard even among a crowd, fast at picking arrow/drawing/aiming/shooting, can shoot far & bend trajectory, and is a sitting duck if spotted/taken by surprise. Once again, natural conclusion to a Pokemon who started with throwing razor leafs that then became quill blades.
Spirit Shackle sounds interesting, I don't think we've ever had a damaging permanent trapping move (Bind, Wrap, and their variants only partially trap). Even if the move doesn't have that much Power it still more than Mean Look and its variants do. But what about Laser Focus, wasn't that speculated to be its Signature Move? Well Starters have had two Signature Moves before and I can see these two working together. First you trap the opponent with Spirit Shackle, next use Laser Focus while they're planning on what to do now, and finally launch your guaranteed Critical Hit attack. I think Decidueye would be good picking off specific targets than being able to come in at any time.

Incineroar: YEAH! Fire/Dark confirmed! And to hammer in the point its even called the "Heel Pokemon", lol. I'll admit I lightened up to Incineroar since its leak (and the first possibility it was real) though I still wished it didn't look like it's still going to learn a few Fighting-type moves.
There seems to be some sort of duality going on with it. At first it doesn't care about what happens to its opponents, it'll even strike the opposing trainer with its attack. However it feels at its most happiest when there's an excited crowd watching and is being given admiration, will fight shoddily if the crowd isn't into it, and won't fight a weakened opponent which allows it to get taken advantage of at times. I'm going to guess a lot of these traits come from the Tiger Mask-inspiration if not a heel wrestler just in general.
Darkest Lariat is a (hopefully stronger) Chip Away clone, alright. Throat Chop would be the more interesting Signature Move to show but it seems like all the leaked Signature Moves are being kept either for later or to be "discovered" in the games. The two moves don't really work with one another as well as Decidueye's does, Throat Chop pretty much meant for stopping Pixilate Hyper Voices and Popplio's final evo's revealed Signature Move. In that case maybe Throat Chop has low power but it used for utility purposes while Darkest Lariat is the main attacking STAB move without worrying what stats the opponent increased.

Primarina: Water/Fairy confirmed though still the one I'm the most "meh" too. It's feminine appearance is now very up front even though Starters are mostly male. Other than that there's nothing wrong with it, I was just expecting something a little more from the sea lion Pokemon (that started out as a sea lion).
So it's now a singer who uses (F***ING) BUBBLES! It control the bubbles with its voice, some it can bounce on while others it hurls into the opponent which explode that it likes to chain together (so it can use Hellzone Grenade?), different ones know different songs that effect their bubbles in different ways, and if they injure their throat they're in grave danger thus don't like arid areas or over-using their voice. Well they stuck with the bubble theme throughout its evolution line and having it adapt to using its bubbles in several ways so I got to give them credit for that.
Sparkling Aria sounds like a Burn version of Smelling Salts and probably meant to be combo'd with Scald, though depending on your opponent you may want them to remained burned (which is why Smelling Salts doesn't see much play, you normally want your opponent to be Paralyzed). But hey, its at least using its voice here unlike its other speculated Signature Move which has to do with auroras.

0:19: That's interesting, it tucks the "hands" part of its wings under its shoulder, so its now always at the very ends its wings which are sort of like sleeves.
0:26: LOL, well I guess we know those strings do serve a function other than being a bow string.
0:41: Of course Incineroar would be in the Battle Royal stage. :P
0:59: I'M A PRETTY BALLERINA!
1:17: And of course they'd make it like being touched there...
1:21: It can stand using its tail like feet? Also the bubbles in its hair fly away when attacking and letting its hair loose, a nice touch.
1:33: They're showing all the Island Guardians already? You'd think they keep some of them a surprise. Could the Demo leak might have made them decide to show off some of this stuff early?
Tapu Lele: Guardian of Akele Island (who Olivia is Kahuna of), its shell takes a form of that of an insect. So Bug-type, right? Nope, Psychic (to be fair, Tapu Koko is based on a chicken but is Electric and not Flying). Out of them all it has the most simplistic design, which isn't until now that we got what its shell is suppose to be (confirmed by the Japanese trailer).
Before we go into a description there was an odd omission on the English side. Its scales are able to heal and calm whoever they fall upon, legend saying it did so on two warring tribes to stop them from fighting. However its also said too much of these scales will have an adverse affect on the body, the Japanese site noting that the scales actually caused the warring tribes to keep on fighting until the killed one another. It's an odd omission as they didn't really change Tapu Lele's personality, it's still presented as being naive and/or vindictive for spreading so much of its scales for its own enjoyment. Even though it likes spreading its scaled all over the place it doesn't have a lot of energy in its shell (maybe you would if you didn't spray your scales around willy-nilly) so focuses on afflicting status ailments than outright fighting.
This leads us to Psychic Terrain and Psychic Surge. Yes, they made a new terrain move as predicted and its affect is anyone touching the ground can't use priority moves (my Arceus, they REALLY hate priority moves this gen don't they? Was Talonflame that good? And they just released Accelerock too this gen too). It also gets Nature's Madness, all the Guardian Deities do.

Tapu Bulu: Guardian of Ula'Ula Island (the one with the icy mountain which we'll get to), its shell resembles a bull. What type is it? Grass. "Huh? That's not one of Oricorio's types". And thus that theory is proven wrong, I guess GF doesn't like being predictable. It looks okay but a bit silly with its shell sticking out like that, having those two muscular hoof-hand arms, and a cowbell tail.
It can control plantlife which includes its wooden horns, but its lazy. It doesn't like to battling or frightening others so it rings the bell on its tail to warn others its coming. But if you do something, like say break into its ruins to steal stuff, it won't hesitate to swing tree trunks at you. Rather calm for a bull.
Grass-type means Grassy Surge and take a wild guess what terrain that summons. Yup, Misty Terrain. No, its Grassy Terrain but hey, we got one more Island Guardian to get to!

Tapu Fini: Guardian of Poni Island (desert island), its shell resembles a sea creature (fish? Marine mammal?). It's Water/Fairy so another non-Oricorio type but at least that means a new terrain, right? As someone else noted, it's design reminds me of the pictures of Aphrodite in a clam shell. I actually like its design, even if its seemingly another mermaid-based one but this feels subtle about it.
Creates purifying water (what Legendary Water-type doesn't) but doesn't like people so creates a fog that put those in it into a trance. Apparently it either exhausts itself doing so or doesn't care, no one can tell as it doesn't change its expression.
So, what does Water Terrian do? Huh? It's not called Water Terrain? Then what its terrain move called? Misty Terrain? Well makes sense but that's name is already taken by the Fairy-type terrain move... Ooh. So yeah, seems like there's only one new Terrain move as Tapu Fini instead gets the Fairy terrain summoning Ability: Misty Surge. Odd its the only guardian to have a terrain move not of its primary type but I guess they wanted to use all the terrain moves. And its still part Fairy-type so its able to perfectly use it.

I do like how they give each guardian their own faults instead of making them all goodie-goodie. Koko is curious but fickle and may not help if called, Lele can heal but also just as easily hurt and doesn't care eitherway, Bulu can make plants grow and non-confrontational but is lazy and can get REALLY aggressive, and Fini can create purifying water but doesn't like people so makes a mystifying fog. They have both good and bad traits which helps make them three dimensional with some coming off more kinder and others more cruel.

1:57 & 2:18: And the two other islands names have been revealed: Ula'Ula Island and Poni Island. And yes, they're named after the Hawaiian words for colors. Melemele is yellow, Akele is pink, Ula'Ula is red, and Poni is purple. Yellow, pink, red, purple. Not exactly your standard colors, but they are the colors of the Island Challenge charm the player character has.
2:41: Oh my Arceus, it's not only Alolan Version/Kanto Pokemon getting Signature Z-Moves! :O
Yes, the Island Guardian are getting their won shared Z-Move: Guardian of Alola! They summon a body made of energy, fold up into their shells (which looks like a head of an animal), and attach themselves as the head of the body as they crush the opponent with their fist (their trainer gleefully mimicking the action to give the command).
Kind of wished each body was the color of their respective Guardian/Island, seems odd all of them are yellow which only matches Tapu Koko. Also wished the symbol was the face of the Strange Souvenir to bring a close what purpose that had (if any).

Sorry I got to cut things short. Will continue the rest with two other Pokemon (yet another I wasn't expecting them to reveal), our possible Battle Facility of the region (don't worry, it's not the Maison), and some familiar faces. ;)
Pretty sure the Strange Souvenir's face was just a vague preview of what the tapu's would look like. It was created before they finished the design's for the Tapu's so they made it intentionally vague yet based on the same thing they're based on.

Well it says "famous trainers from around the world" ... that would be famous trainers to me. I mean, so far we saw Cynthia (Champion) and Wally (Rival), so who knows who will be present. That list would basically be a best result kind of deal.
All I want is to team up with either Cheren, N or Iris (Champion/GymLeader).. GameFreak pls.
"...a place where those Trainers who have completed their island challenge—or who are strong enough to have done so—battle one another"

So it's basically anyone who has either completed the island challenge or someone who made it to an actual league. I think that all champions are a given, and that would include N, wouldn't it? He did beat Alder after all, objectively becoming the new champion, right? Or am I missing something? Not so sure about Cheren, though. Anyway, full N 3d model would be really dope.

"...a place where those Trainers who have completed their island challenge—or who are strong enough to have done so—battle one another"

So it's basically anyone who has either completed the island challenge or someone who made it to an actual league. I think that all champions are a given, and that would include N, wouldn't it? He did beat Alder after all, objectively becoming the new champion, right? Or am I missing something? Not so sure about Cheren, though. Anyway, full N 3d model would be really dope.
Honestly its safe to say most rivals would have completed the League even if it isn't directly mentioned (example: Wally). But yeah, I hope we at least see all the rivals, including N (let's be honest, N is a rival tbh).

So, the Tapu Z-Move is a glorified Hyper Fang that removes 75% of the enemy's current health. Just speculation here, but if Pulverizing Pancake upgrades Giga Impact, this one probably upgrades Nature's Madness, seeing they are so similar, and all Tapus can use it.
Does any one see an application for this? I couldn't see myself wasting a move slot on Nature's Madness, and this one requires a move slot, an item slot AND a Z-Move.
You mean Super Fang. I was thinking the same thing though.

Decidueye is probably going to be a fragile and fast attacker, so I doubt leech seed or will-o-wisp will be great options for it competitively. That said, it could be a fantastic pivot, since it can switch into moves that won't kill it (especially fighting type moves), you spirit shackles to trap the opponent as they switch in a new pokemon, and basically give you a free switch in
Friendly reminder that spdef Talonflame is a complete monster with just WoW and bulk up/taunt , Talonflame can tank neutral stone edge after burning a 130 base atk Pokémon .

Don't know if it's been talked about yet, as most people are still going a little gaga over the trailer, but on serebii's front page it takes about new communication features in Sun and Moon. One thing I was very excited about is not allowing legendaries and events in free battles!! Maybe we could even have something like that at smogon, I personally dislike using legends and such

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
On the other hand I'm still hyped that the option to use restricteds is there. I very much enjoyed trashing people with by commanding an army of Ubers in Gen 6, and I plan to continue doing same in Sun & Moon.

The fact that this is now an option makes this even better. There are people who wish to claim fame by destroying Ubers with some underused, puny mons. Those who willingly enter this mode in such a manner - I'll be waiting...

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been talked about yet, as most people are still going a little gaga over the trailer, but on serebii's front page it takes about new communication features in Sun and Moon. One thing I was very excited about is not allowing legendaries and events in free battles!! Maybe we could even have something like that at smogon, I personally dislike using legends and such
The question is, what to they consider "legends"? Does it include 580-BST legends like Articuno et al.?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Event Pokemon (+Phione) and cover legends (+Mewtwo, Zygarde), minus Suicune. Most legendaries aren't in that banlist.

Friendly reminder that spdef Talonflame is a complete monster with just WoW and bulk up/taunt , Talonflame can tank neutral stone edge after burning a 130 base atk Pokémon .
Incidentally, grass starters typically have around 525 bst. So our Sniper Owl will have about an extra 26 stats compared to the Bravest Bird.

so cosmog evolves into the orb, then orb will evolve into your box location??

i am guessing some limitation will be place so you can't evolve it into the other version legendary.

This was a cool trailer. Was not expecting Ghost as Decidueye's secondary typing. Glad we got some more water/fairy types in Primarina and Tapu Fini.

Returning champions is cool I like Blue's new design. I think Cynthia's 3D model looks good too.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so cosmog evolves into the orb, then orb will evolve into your box location??

i am guessing some limitation will be place so you can't evolve it into the other version legendary.
Its Pokédex page on the site mentions it "takes in light and grows" or something similar. It's pretty obvious it will evolve based on what version it is in like Rockruff (sunlight vs moonlight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)