Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKIII *Official Media Only*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time actual gameplay elements in Pokémon have been patched? I mean, illegal movesets in the battle facilities and a move learning mechanic, that's bigger than the Berry patch of Gen III or the Lumiose City bugfix in XY. This intrigues me a little.

Now, if only they'd take some other fan complaints to heart too. It's still not too late to make Gumshoos much less common...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time actual gameplay elements in Pokémon have been patched? I mean, illegal movesets in the battle facilities and a move learning mechanic, that's bigger than the Berry patch of Gen III or the Lumiose City bugfix in XY. This intrigues me a little.

Now, if only they'd take some other fan complaints to heart too. It's still not too late to make Gumshoos much less common...
Kadabra's thing was definitely a bug, though. I don't think any other pokemon had this issue at all so unless they went in and changed others (like changing shadow bone to an evolution move) that probably shouldn't be seen as changing an entire mechanic.

Fixing the illegal movesets is new, but it also wasn't relevant in XYORAS because the battle maison pokemon were all technically legal iirc (bulbapedia seems to back me up here).

I doubt there will be any other patches that change the game in a similar way, sadly. God knows they need to swap Woobat's HP change to Swoobat....

Woobat got +10 HP this generation. It used to have base 55 HP, now it has base 65 HP.

Swoobat didn't get that +10 HP. It has 67 base HP...
And it was the only unevolved pokemon to get a stat boost this generation. Last generation the only unevolved pokemon to get a boost was Pikachu who is always Special~ (raichu also got a boost).

I think the current theory is, well,
Woobat コロモリ
Swoobat ココロモリ

someone made a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)