[Gen8] JPN Dittos + VGC mons + Useful Items Giveaway [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dynite Ore might be a good addition, as going through another max raid adventure when you only need 1-3 candies to get something is really inconvienent.
I would argue that trying to find Anubot 1-3 times + respective amount of nicknamed Wooloo sounds even more inconvenient. No doubt people would also try to abuse this to obtain the Ability Patch. The addition of Dynamax Adventures doesn't remove normal raid dens from the Wild Area, IoA, or CT overworlds either. Winning a single 5-star raid is enough to get you many XP candies of both L and XL sizes, and takes a shorter time than finding Anubot available several times if you're raiding correctly (when raiding in CT dens, you can obtain Dynite Ore as well). Anubis also stated earlier in this thread that the reason Pearl Strings and other money items are not going to be added are because there are easy enough "get-rich-quick" schemes to obtain money and I would argue the same logic applies to getting candies. I cannot and will not speak for Anubis; this isn't my thread nor am I the one putting the time and effort into botting every entry in the OP, after all. However, I don't personally see the logic of adding Dynite Ore to the thread.

Last edited:
Okay, here's a novel request:

Protective Pads.

They are a useful item because of the preponderance of Rocky Helmet in many formats. To my dismay, there is also no convenient way to obtain them in SwSh—rather than being nestled in the Battle Tower lobby with the rest of the competitive items, the Protective Pads got lumped into the Stow-on-Side market with the teapots and other niche evolution junk. These items rotate at random with only one being the day's "bargain" at any given time.

Personally, I'm looking for Pads to top off a gimmicky Reversal Blaziken set. The item also benefits multi-hit attackers like Melmetal and offensive pivots like Zeraora and Pheromosa, who all desire longevity in the face of common contact damage.

As for VGC? I don't think Pads has a real presence, but with things like Leek and Light Ball on the table, I sense that it's reasonable to ask. Please consider adding Protective Pads to the giveaway.

Last edited:
I would argue that trying to find Anubot 1-3 times + respective amount of nicknamed Wooloo sounds even more inconvenient. No doubt people would also try to abuse this to obtain the Ability Patch. The addition of Dynamax Adventures doesn't remove normal raid dens from the Wild Area, IoA, or CT overworlds either. Winning a single 5-star raid is enough to get you many XP candies of both L and XL sizes, and takes a shorter time than finding Anubot available several times if you're raiding correctly (when raiding in CT dens, you can obtain Dynite Ore as well). Anubis also stated earlier in this thread that the reason Pearl Strings and other money items are not going to be added are because there are easy enough "get-rich-quick" schemes to obtain money and I would argue the same logic applies to getting candies. I cannot and will not speak for Anubis; this isn't my thread nor am I the one putting the time and effort into botting every entry in the OP, after all. However, I don't personally see the logic of adding Dynite Ore to the thread.
Well said Conic. Not much logic to adding Dynite ore.

As per above, here are some examples of sets for the horses (At the time of writing, 8.82% and 21.1% usage)

Spectrier
Spectrier is generally seen with one of 2 different types of sets: Support or Offensive. This should cover most of the bases

Spectrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Grim Neigh
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Hyper Beam
- Protect

Additional Moves:
- Dark Pulse
- Snarl
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp

Some support ones use a complex EVs, or just sash it. The LO one is pretty common when seen offensively, as it is a devastating DMax target. HH Max Phantasm has a chance to OHKO max spdef amoonguss and fini...

Glastrier
Glastrier is nearly always some sort of TR build

Glastrier @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Crash
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Protect

Additional Moves:
- Heavy Slam
- Smart Strike

Is sometimes also seen with a life orb or an AV.

I wasnt gonna request this since i didnt wanna pester you about the legendaries, but since you are now taking set suggestions for the genies, i have a good set for thundurus-I, which is currently at 11.56 usage at the time of this comment being written.

Thundurus-Incarnate @ life orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Wild Charge
-Superpower
-Fly
-Protect

Additonal but uncommon moves
- Lash out
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave (this one isnt listed in Pikalytics but I've encountered it a few times so i thought it would be worth mentioning).

This set is pretty simple and is what most people use, and thundurus is a speedy physical attacker it doesnt need any 0 ivs, so it should be pretty easy to obtain once you catch thundurus. The EV's are also pretty simple.

You mentioned getting legends is a pain so i dont wanna put in a request that is too much work. Thundurus is good and the best set is easy to get, so i figured it was a good choice for a legend request.

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I went back to gen 5 and gen 7 to get some old legends. Incidentally, I had saved in front of Kartana a year ago, so I picked that up too. I added Metagross and Mamoswine since those are still popular; the rest of the mons suggested over the last few pages are under 5% usage now.

heatEV (if you want EVs)
heatNO (if you want NO EVs)
Heatran (F) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Burning Jealousy
OT: 2018 Legends
TID: 030118
Cherish Ball
Minted from Hardy base nature
Hyper-Trained from 31/0/30/6/31/5
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Flamethrower
kartEV (if you want EVs)
kartNO (if you want NO EVs)
Kartana @ Assault Vest
IVs: 0 SpA
EVs: 4 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Def / 166 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Aerial Ace
OT: N
TID: 444444
Beast Ball
Minted from Serious base nature
Hyper-Trained from 31/31/31/0/31/23
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
landEV (if you want EVs)
landNO (if you want NO EVs)
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
IVs: 2 SpA
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fly
OT: Isaac
TID: 24942
Ultra Ball
Minted from Hardy base nature
Hyper-Trained from 12/29/7/2/31/1
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Superpower, Swords Dance
mamoEV (if you want EVs)
mamoNO (if you want NO EVs)
Mamoswine (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- High Horsepower
- Icicle Crash
- Protect
OT: Anubis
TID: 069958
Safari Ball
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Superpower, Iron Head, Freeze Dry
metaEV (if you want EVs)
metaNO (if you want NO EVs)
Metagross @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
Heavy Ball
Minted from Docile base nature
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Earthquake
metrEV (if you want EVs)
metrNO (if you want NO EVs)
Metagross @ Weakness Policy
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
Ability: Clear Body
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
Heavy Ball
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Earthquake
thunEV (if you want EVs)
thunNO (if you want NO EVs)
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Lash Out
Note: Incarnate Thundurus
TID: 070618
Cherish Ball
Hyper-Trained from 31/0/14/6/31/31
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Taunt
tornEV (if you want EVs)
tornNO (if you want NO EVs)
Tornadus (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Heat Wave
Note: Incarnate Tornadus
TID: 070618
Cherish Ball
Minted from Quirky base nature
Hyper-Trained from 31/0/14/29/31/31
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10

Tree: Due to popular request from people hunting for mons, I bred a copy of my Harvest/Leppa catcher. If you run into a shiny legendary and you're afraid of it struggling to death, you can Trick Leppa Berry and Skill Swap Harvest onto it with this Trevenant.
Nickname for your WoolooSetNature
treePhantump (F) @ Leppa Berry
IVs: 1 SpA
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe
Ability: Harvest
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Skill Swap
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb
Note: Evolves on trade
Fast Ball
Dynamax Level 10

I added these items:
ppadsProtective Pads
wreathGalarica Wreath

Last edited:

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I played some more in Ultra Moon so I could RNG abuse a Stakataka. I provided both the Lonely and Brave spreads:

takbEV (if you want EVs)
takbNO (if you want NO EVs)
Stakataka @ Weakness Policy
IVs: 17 SpA / 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Body Press
- Trick Room
TID: 735269
Beast Ball
17 Def has been Hyper-Trained
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns High Horsepower
takLEV (if you want EVs)
takLNO (if you want NO EVs)
Stakataka @ Weakness Policy
IVs: 17 Def / 17 SpA / 0 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Body Press
- Trick Room
TID: 735269
Beast Ball
Battle Ready
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns High Horsepower

I added Shuca Berry with the nickname "Shuca" as well if you prefer that instead of Weakness Policy.

Thanks a million! Some of these are incredibly difficult/effectively impossible to come by because of the guaranteed 4 perfect ivs in the max adventure. It’s always exciting to see the giveaway grow.

Anubis

HONK
Do you ever plan on making a list for pokemon sets that aren't for VGC?
When I say I am only taking requests for VGC Pokemon in the first post and request people to please read it, that is not an invitation for the multiple people who post in this thread to ask "What about BSS? What about Restricted Sparring? Can you make lists for everything else that's not VGC?"

You don't go into other people's giveaway threads and ask them to give out stuff they have clearly not offered to give away. Please do not ask here either.

Last edited:
Hi Anubis, thanks for setting up this bot, its super helpful for the community! I was wondering if you had plans on adding celesteela to the list? At the time of writing this it has 8% usage on showdown and I've listed a common set below.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Hope you can add this! And again huge thanks for setting this up!

Anubis

HONK
Hi Anubis, thanks for setting up this bot, its super helpful for the community! I was wondering if you had plans on adding celesteela to the list? At the time of writing this it has 8% usage on showdown and I've listed a common set below.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Hope you can add this! And again huge thanks for setting this up!
Celesteela is included under the Legendaries that take too much effort for me to want to hunt for 0's for.

Celesteela is included under the Legendaries that take too much effort for me to want to hunt for 0's for.
Thanks for the response, that's unfortunate. Any chance it can be added with a non-zero attack stat? Technically someone could run physical lol

Anubis

HONK
Thanks for the response, that's unfortunate. Any chance it can be added with a non-zero attack stat? Technically someone could run physical lol
I've updated the first post and also included the other posts where this was already discussed.
Pokemon that currently have at least 5% usage in VGC that are NOT Legendary, Sub-Legendary, or UB. Use Pikalytics or Babiri as references. If you are requesting a VGC Pokemon, post a common set and list any other TRs, EMs, or tutor moves that would be important to have.
I will not be taking requests for legendary Pokemon for now. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to obtain them in gen 8 with correct IVs due to the 4 IV limit, and I am only allowed to get one of each per save file, which I would be expected to give away here. I currently do not have the time/interest to work on those requests and would rather continue playing the game, especially when legendaries from this thread are already being used as trade fodder by greedy users.
Are ultre beasts treated as legendaries?
Yes.

I made an account on here just to say thank you a ton for putting in the work to help people out like this, and thank you for putting up some CT legendaries as well ❤ SW/SH was my introduction to VGC and this has been an invaluable resource.

Are all the Pokemon in this giveaway allowed in official tournaments?
JacobyVGC, all cloning does is create an identical copy of an already existing pokemon caught in game. it is not hacking, which is creating a pokemon from nothing using third party tools. Clones are perfectly fine to use in tourneys :)

Hey Anubis, would you be able to add electrolizer and magmortizer? They are rather hard to come by in CT, and I have a few Magmar's/Electabuzz's that I would like to evolve that came from PoGo.

Could you possibly adjust Charizard-Gmax to where it runs Scorching Sands? Most Charizard sets opt to run Scorching Sands over Solar Beam these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)