Gendermons [Landorus-Therian Suspect]

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Announcement: Landorus and Kangaskhanite have been unbanned.

Feel free to talk about this change.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Changed stats in Bold

89/150/108/92/64/101

Yeah Landorus-I is really not that good in this meta. It's no longer got its signature power behind its attacks and is pretty much outclassed by Landorus-T for the most part, it does have a niche of being a powerful sweeper on a sand team, but other than that I would rather use Landorus-T, like I already said

105/76/64/48/96/90 --> 105/100/80/72/120/100

I'm not sure how i feel on this one, while it has received a power nerf, 100 base attack is still very powerful when combined with Parental Bond, and it is still a pretty powerful wallbreaker with its ability to get a +2 power up punch and its ability to spam return. Its also a bit hard to say what if its really been affected much on its bulk. It has some really good bulk on the special side at 105/120 which is comparable to some walls, and not to mention that Mega Kangaskhan can run a defensive set as well, although it is weaker to priority now, although 105/80 isn't that bad.

The formula is here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats#In_Generation_III_onward. The short is that Lv. 100 stats are not linear in base stats (that is, a pokemon with base 120 attack will not have twice the Lv. 100 attack as a pokemon with base 60 attack). However, especially for large base stats, the difference is small, so you can just use a multiplier on the base stat to get an idea of the effects. For pokemon with small base stats, the Lv. 100 stat becomes more determined by IVs/EVs, so putting the multiplier on the base stat becomes less accurate.

The formula is here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats#In_Generation_III_onward. The short is that Lv. 100 stats are not linear in base stats (that is, a pokemon with base 120 attack will not have twice the Lv. 100 attack as a pokemon with base 60 attack). However, especially for large base stats, the difference is small, so you can just use a multiplier on the base stat to get an idea of the effects. For pokemon with small base stats, the Lv. 100 stat becomes more determined by IVs/EVs, so putting the multiplier on the base stat becomes less accurate.
Small nitpick but it bugs me: Lv. 100 stats do in fact hold a linear relationship with base stats, just not a direct proportionality. A Pokemon with base 0 Attack does not end up with 0 Attack at Lv. 100, but a Pokemon with all other factors constant and a neutral nature will gain a constant 2 Lv. 100 Attack points for each base stat point added, while a positive-natured one will gain 2.2 for each base stat point added and a negative-natured one will gain 1.8 for each base stat point added.

Regardless, though, the assertion still holds that the target of a 10% shift must be specified, as the lack of direct proportionality means that you will end up with unequal outputs.

As a feminist, I find this metagame downright offensive!

On a more serious note, why must Landorus have a gender, it's even crazier than it ever has to be!

Small nitpick but it bugs me: Lv. 100 stats do in fact hold a linear relationship with base stats, just not a direct proportionality. A Pokemon with base 0 Attack does not end up with 0 Attack at Lv. 100, but a Pokemon with all other factors constant and a neutral nature will gain a constant 2 Lv. 100 Attack points for each base stat point added, while a positive-natured one will gain 2.2 for each base stat point added and a negative-natured one will gain 1.8 for each base stat point added.

Regardless, though, the assertion still holds that the target of a 10% shift must be specified, as the lack of direct proportionality means that you will end up with unequal outputs.
Sorry, I'm using linear as its used in my physics courses, where its generally restricted to direct proportionality.

As for the question at hand, going by the OP:
Male Pokemon get a 1.2x boost to physical moves and their defenses, and get their special moves lowered to .8x, as well as their special defences, while female Pokemon are vice versa.
I would apply the boost to a move's BP, or, equivalently, to the appropriate offensive stat.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
In order to breathe life into a dead metagame, I've decided to make 2 major announcements:

• The boost has been raised once again from 1.2x boost and .8x decrease to 1.3x and .75x decrease.
This decision was made to both shake up the meta a bit more, while at the same time keeping true to the original idea of the meta.

• Because of this boost, Landorus-Therian will be suspected.
Unlike most legendaries, Landorus is male, which means that its attack stat is raised from an already extremely high 145 stat. Because of the decreased viability of defense, not many Pokemon can tank a hit from Lando-T and kill it themselves. The decision on Lando-T will be made on June 1st based on discussion about its unhealthiness.

Well, since defenses are effected, that means Landorus-Therian's already mediocre Special Defense score is even worse, making it even easier to smack it there. Frankly, percentile boosts means that Landorus-Therian is also unaltered (Or only very slightly altered by rounding) against opposing males -Skarmory is still its bane, for instance, since it's most likely always running male itself.

Unless the meta concept has changed to only affecting offenses, I don't see Landorus-Therian as being broken. It's not like the staple physical walls of OU are all genderless. Hurts Mew's utility as a Physical wall, I guess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)