Media 2023 Music Obsessions

Straight up Djent-y Post-Hardcore / Melodic Metalcore in Sonic; it pleases my emo heart so

The Sonic Frontiers soundtrack not getting at least a nomination at the Game Awards is ridiculous; it absolutely rules
Best game soundtrack I've heard in a LONG time, and one of my top favorite soundtracks ever

what’s y’all’s favs from the new SZA? i created a separate playlist because I just can’t with 23 tracks lol it’s so unwieldy

first and last quarters of the album are absolute fire, “Kill Bill” is giving Eminem’s “Stan” energy, except it’s not a white dude killing his wife
I've probably replayed Smoking on my ex pack the most out of that whole album. Idk like the vibe

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In terms of music, I have found as I have gotten older, I am more drawn toward classical music and country music. I wanted to share a few songs that I enjoyed.

Some classical favorites
Gnossienne No. 1. I love the piano; it is good music if I want to work on something and do not want to get distracted.
Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 6 in A minor. I was introduced to this symphony through Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and this is one of my favorite works by Mahler. The symphony conveys a sense of adventure and mystique. Honestly, Mahler was the composer who made me a fan of classical music.
Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Winter). The tension in this song is excellent, as if something ominous is about to happen.

Country
Maren Morris - I Could Use a Love Song
Miranda Lambert - Gerladine

For country, it's a genre I listen to sparingly, but I still like it. I can listen to it when I'm doing something that isn't interesting, such as driving.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
MASSIVE VOLUME WARNING

Welp, I've officially reached the point where I can listen to and love white noise. Unlike a lot of abrasive albums (see Death Grips and Midori), Gray Data isnt really trying to be super weird and experimental with the songwriting, it's really just a Machine Girl-esque breakbeat record turned up wayyyy past 11 with a super tight flow. Incredibly fun stuff

Anyways, have y'all heard the new Lil Yachty? Will probably make a post later since I've got a lot to say, but I've been really digging it, it's quite telling that it's still on my mind even almost 2 days later

Been listening to a lot of Earth Wind & Fire recently. Specifically Love's Holiday - Probably because I have a nostalgic value for this song but it's just one of those songs I can easily come back to and listen to, and usually doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in.

New August Burns Red is so good; the added proggy elements really help their brand of melodic metalcore hit like a truck. The whole new album is incredible and it's tied for my favorite album of 2023 so far

The new Linkin Park demos from the Meteora 20th anniversary release have been phenomenal, and I'm sad some of these songs didn't make the album's final cut two decades ago. At least we get to hear them now!

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Oh boy, the UK has spat out another post-punk band that appeals exactly to my tastes?! Don't mind if I do!
For real though, I just stumbled upon Maruja and they seem to be phenomenal with only a few loose singles and 1 EP under their belt and more to come. From the live recordings I found on YouTube, I can tell that they're a gem. Do give them a listen!

The Devil Wears Prada never disappoints; their music was awesome back in the scemo days and it's still awesome now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)