SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So first episode of the Ultra Guardians arc begun. My thoughts looking through Serebii's images of the episode:

1. So, apparently Kukui, Samson, Lusamine, Wicke, and Burnet just spring this Ultra Guardian stuff onto Ash & co.. Samson tells them there's trouble, Kukui activates the secret entrance to the underground lab in the school (when did they have time to install that without anyone noticing...), Ash & co. get suited up, and than I'm assuming Lusamine appears and tells them that's up. Okay, sure, they all probably know Ash & co. well enough that they would accept this responsibility... but still maybe some advance warning so they could prepare and train before going up against a super dangerous Pokemon (the last one which we saw possessing Lusamine and her Pokemon to do its bidding)?

They're underage...

2. Getting some Sonic Adventure flashback with the setting out scene.

3. Wait, what are Buzzwole's eyes? I always assumed it was the red compound eyes-like dome on the top of its head, but I think the anime is suggesting its eyes are the black balls connected to its antenna. I can't unsee it now... Buzzwole has two beady little eyes...

Also looks like Dr. Eggman if he got caught up in a Human Fly scenario.

4. Sweet Arceus...

NO! IT'S DEAD. It had so much blood drained it deflated. No amount of potions or berries is going to replenish its massive amounts of loss blood.

5. I do like how they end up catching it though. After a fierce battle with Pikachu being unsuccessful (kind of wish everyone else got to battle it too, gang up on it to show they can't beat it through sheer force), what ends up defeating it... is them flexing to one another (aka, using the Pokemon's actual dex entry as a plot point). Sadly they don't get to keep it, they send it back immediately (so also no gathering Ultra Beasts together, though curious if they'll travel through Ultra Space again to visit their worlds; would be a good way to pay off them helping these Ultra Beasts by having them able to return the favor (maybe to battle Ultra Necrozma?)).

Also new episode titles:

Episode 1007: Ash and Passimian! A Touchdown of Friendship!!
Episode 1008: Ilima and Eevee Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!

Oh, NOW you're introducing Ilima? Now that we're WAY past his trial and Ash's next step on the Island Challenge is Akala Island? "Ilimage", well I guess we just figured out Ilima's anime quirk, adding "Ili-" in front of things (otherwise I don't know why the title is like that, maybe a Japense pun that didn't translate?). Also, Eevee, so guessing we'll be seeing Eevee's Z-Move?

Well, I guess this does mean there's hope for Hau yet... also still waiting for Team Skull to come back in so we get Plumeria and Guzma. Who in the world knows what they'll do about the Ultra Recon Squad...

Last edited:
Well, for a start to how they go morphin' time, it's pretty good. Funny gags are good, it went to flexing contest.
And now I learnt how Hakuryuu/Dragonair? can fly.

Lusamine decides to immediately send it back home. This means she should be completely good this time.

Also, don't forget that little mon Poipole. It has Ultra Recon's music, so I think it could be that Ultra Recon will make appearance. And based on the new opening and its fondness to light, this Poipole has to be the one from Ultra Megapolis, so surely Ultra Megapolitan and U-Necrozma would play a part here soon.

Also, actually, Ash has done two Grand Trial, including Akala's. I still hope they don't abandon the Island Trials, although I don't know how they'll introduce Ilima. Completely unrelated to trials? Soffy is already outed since here Ash only need to do one trial before Grand Trial in each island and Acerola will fill that role. (Now that I think it again, why can't they expand it to more trials?... well, at least so far only Kiawe's is skipped while Lana's trial is taken by her (anime) self).

I don't know how they can introduce Hau though... it's way too far, and he have to share spotlight time with Gladio unless he doesn't become rival or have barely time like XY rival trios.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
And now I learnt how Hakuryuu/Dragonair? can fly.

Also, actually, Ash has done two Grand Trial, including Akala's. I still hope they don't abandon the Island Trials, although I don't know how they'll introduce Ilima. Completely unrelated to trials? Soffy is already outed since here Ash only need to do one trial before Grand Trial in each island and Acerola will fill that role. (Now that I think it again, why can't they expand it to more trials?... well, at least so far only Kiawe's is skipped while Lana's trial is taken by her (anime) self).

I don't know how they can introduce Hau though... it's way too far, and he have to share spotlight time with Gladio unless he doesn't become rival or have barely time like XY rival trios.
If I recall the first Pikachu Short showed Dragonair flying with its ear wings too.

Oops, sorry, meant to say Ash was now heading for Ula'ula.

They seem really loose with the whole Trial thing. You're probably right that Ash's Ula'Ula Trial will probably be him going through the Abandoned Site and battling probably the Shiny Mimikyu she had with her (though what Z-Crystal will Ash get as he has no need for the Ghostium-Z (unless he fully evolved Rowlet, though then we'd wonder when he'd get Decidium-Z), maybe he'll get the normal Pikanium-Z? Maybe Grassium-Z for Rowlet via Tapu Bulu interference (though honestly Mallow should have gotten that)?). That said, Ash & co. will probably still take a trip to the observatory (and also hopefully meet Molayne and get Steelium-Z for Pikachu's Iron Tail, or Sophocles could get it for Togedemaru) so Sophocles trial would be more alluded to. Kiawe's trial also was alluded to as they went to the volcano, had the Hikers, and Kiawe caught a dancing Marowak.

While talking about Z-Crystals, curious if Ash will get Lycanium-Z. He also has nothing for Litten, unless it fully evolves and gets Incinium-Z (or at least that Darkium-Z which Team Rocket has). Not to mention Ash still has to get two more Pokemon...

Hmm, well maybe as the final Island Challenge battle? Ash had got to do something after beating the Island Challenge, maybe have a final festival where all trainers who completed the Island Challenge compete to see who'll be given the title of Alola Champion. They can introduce Hau as the sort of the "League rival" Ash gets before each Pokemon League who eventually ends up knocking him out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Who wants to hear Veronica Taylor as Ash again?

ProZD's got ya covered.

1,200 P, huh? So, according to the money calculations...

Gen I - II & RSE: Ash has 2,400 P on him.
FRLG & Gen IV - VI:
  • 0 Badges: Ash's highest level Pokemon is 150.
  • 1: 75.
  • 2: 50.
  • 4: 25.
  • 5: 20 for FRLG. Not possible for Gen IV - VI.
  • 6: 16
  • 7: 12
  • 8: 10
Gen VII:
  • 0 Stamps: Ash's highest level Pokemon is 150.
  • Melemele: 75.
  • Island Challenge: 10.
Also, since P is based on the Yen, it's more like Ash owes 11 dollars. :P

I have to say, I really enjoyed the alolan Meowth episode. It was one of the things I was looking forward to see in the SM anime and I was disappointed Meowth never got to interact with an Alolan Persian. Speaking of Persian, I bet Alolan Meowth will be heavily disappointed if he expects to replace Giovanni's Persian especially once it evolves.
We will probably never get to see such an episode I am afraid.

Oh look... looks like for the next episode... we get a good view on the Royal Mask. Come to think about it, we don't know everything about Kukui we know in the games. This should be good, whenever they play on the game's features (featured on the way of the game story).

Anyway, poor Meowth had been had repeatedly. Fun episode, too bad this Alolan Meowth is too competent to be their mon. This gets me thinking that the trio is now degraded from their competences back in Unova to be easily had by one mon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
We probably all know this now, but Masked Royal next episode:
And since Kukui gave Ash his Rockruff he now uses an Incineroar, which might be a reference to USUM.

Also, Litten evolution (You know, just like how Tepig evolved into Pignite against an Emboar)?

Man... Kukui's voice actor is impressive, Royal Mask sounded quite different than him. Actually pretty good episode.

What gets me now is how he effortlessly OHKO everyone in the opening battle, despite you know... Primarina standing there, when she would almost completely block Incineroar. Then again, it seems like it's not level set and his Incineroar is just that overleveled against inexperienced trainers (seriously, who has the right mind to Bullet Punch on Incineroar over Fighting moves? Even if you don't know it's part Dark type, at least you should obviously know it's Fire.)

Maybe it is just because of anime time limit, since, it could at least be more dramatic. Junaiper/Deciduye? can indeed be owned easily by the ending Hyper Dark Crusher, Machamp's trainer is dumb, and at least he could Throat Chop on Primarina first to make an actual battle scene, instead of just OHKOing everyone in one move.

Anyway,
I was sure that Litten would be the one evolving. Personally, speculating Ash's Litten would be the one who fully evolves, I think, and the other starters (Ash's Rowlet and Lana's Popplio) are one evolved, another doomed to stay, if the leaked sheet on the starter's final evo before SuMn's release is taken into account (that one with Mallow and Incineroar heating kettle), with one extra evo to midstage. I certainly hope they'd all evolve though, but... Rowlet is seemingly relegated to comic relief and Lana seems to not hold enough spotlight to deserve it. Certainly love Lana to have at least Brionne.
... actually, maybe Lana will. Mallow had hers evolved.

Also, TIL apparently Alolan Marowak has a weakpoint in the head tattoo.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So new trailer and info for the next Pokemon movie was released.

TITLE: Pokemon: Everybody's Story
BLURB: Once a year, a "wind festival" is held in Fura City, the city where people live together with the wind. While the ancient belief that the legendary Pokemon Lugia will appear and bring about the blessed wind on the final day of the festival still exists, the people that gather in the city participate in the festival while wrapped in their own thoughts...

Lisa, the highschooler and Pokemon rookie. Pokemon: Eevee​
Kagachi, the braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales. Pokemon: Sudowoodo​
Trito, the timid researcher that lacks confidence. Pokemon: Chansey​
Hisui, the old eccentric that hates Pokemon. "Pokemon": Totodile, Marill, Togepi, & Smoochum​
Largo, the mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.​

These are the people that Ash and Pikachu meet. That meeting makes everyone's story start moving forward.

THOUGHTS:
So sounds like they're going to cram 5 episodes worth of filler into one movie. :P
Well right now the main mystery is on Largo, she's obviously protecting a rare Pokemon she befriended and plays with in the forest. Going to guess Celeb... WAIT, I forgot USUM added a new Mythical, so I'm guessing it's Zeraora.
Of course after that don't know what the plot will be or how all these characters figure into it. Like Lisa seems to be gearing up to just be a companion character, Ash helping her become a better trainer (curious if they'll have her Eevee evolve or not, it it does probably will be Espeon, Umbreon, or Sylveon (or they'll surprise us with a Gen VIII Eeveelution. Still need that Dragon-type to complete the Special Type side). Not sure about everyone else, sounds like they all are going to have their own stories going on that Ash (and Lisa) will occasionally get involved in while trying to figure out the bigger mystery which probably have to do with Largo and Lugia. Trito's and Hisui's story arcs seem obvious, though not sure about Kagachi (either it'll be helping him stop telling tall tales for whatever reason he does or discover that his tall tales have some truth to them).

Oh, BTW, Pokemon: I Choose You is now available for free on the Pokemon TV App.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The animation looks nice I guess, but I'm not digging any of these character designs.

I can't see the large number of important characters being a good thing. Many previous movies have had major focus issues with smaller casts, and that will only be exasperated by having 6 protags. You also have pacing to worry about.

That one scene in the trailer where Lisa trips and falls over trying to get Eevee back in its pokeball makes it seem like she'll probably be a ditzy character. I'm surprised they confirmed she was a teenager, she definitely looks like a typical fanservice character. I just hope they don't try to include any romance between her and Ash in the movie, I'm tired of that. Every female character has constant blushes in their designs, making it look like they're going for a shoujo-anime vibe with this art style.

The little girl character is also giving me Bonnie vibes, she'll probably be the typical little kid character who bonds or has a connection with the legendary in the movie. No idea what the other characters will do in the movie.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, I'm catching up on missed episodes (last one I saw was the Oranguru debut episode so I was a bit behind). I'm on the third episode of the Ultra Adventures and I just had to stop and write down my thoughts on some of the stuff that I watched:

First off, great to see Misty and Brock again. Honestly a lot about these episodes have already been said. Why are Misty & Brock dressed in their Gen I clothes, missed opportunities to include more of Ash's Pokemon, the Ash vs Misty and Brock vs. Kiawe battle being awesome and full of references, etc.. However here's something that caught me off guard a bit when watching the dub: Misty's voice. Michele Knotz now voices her and she doesn't even try to mimic Rachael Lillis' Misty voice. Not a major deal, just took some getting used to.
And small complaint, but writers, did you forget that Misty kisses Gyarados's Poke Ball before sending it out?

So new season means new opener, this one "Under the Alolan Moon" which is a calming and soothing song compared to the upbeat and fast paced "Under the Alolan Sun". I like that, the songs are REALLY simple but I'll give the dub points for having the Sun and Moon theme and the two themes being opposites of each other. Though took me a while to figure out the first few words was them saying the names of the Island Guardians.
So not only is Lillie not Nebby's caretaker, Ash was specifically chosen to take care of Nebby. Just makes them scene where they recreate Lillie hugging Solgaleo!Nebby seem less and less special. NO, I don't care if Lillie was the one to name Nebby, especially since she can't even touch Nebby.
THAT'S Faba's voice? I always imagined it was more weaselly. Everyone else is fine. Lusamine's a bit grating when she's smothering Lillie but that's the point so I'll let that slide... still annoying though.
Really, Lillie? Like, I thought she was angry Lusamine evolved Clefairy without her watching, hence Lusamine only thinking of herself. But she's angry because he wanted to keep it as a Clefairy... because it was cuter that way. You know, an also totally selfish thing. Is that's suppose to be a thing, as much as Lillie is angry at her mother being selfish she also acts selfish when around her so it more projecting her anger on Lusamine?
Also, no one seems to know what a Cosmog is. So does that mean they never say "Cosmog"? But how will we ever know if its suppose to be pronounced Cos-Mog or Cos-Smog (and if you can't pick up the sarcasm, I don't actually care).

ASH, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT TELEPORT IS?! That battle with Sabrina should have scarred you for life! Not to mention all the other times you experienced Teleport.
Though this is a funny episode with Nebby teleporting everyone, some of the jokes they make with the clay sculptures, and James thinking Nebby is a Proto-Koffing.
Speaking of Team Rocket, I did like their plan. It's simple but clever, Jessie tricking Ash to walk so that he and Pikachu get blinded by the setting sun. Though Ash was asking Nebby to be kidnapped when he put it down instead of keeping hold of it, not that Meowth probably wouldn't have been able to snatch it anyway.
Speaking of Nebby, why does it drag itself with its arms at times when it can float?
Also, Jigglypuff has its own place? And Ash, shouldn't you be surprised that Jigglypuff is in Alola?

Episode I'm on now. Wow, everyone in this episode is stupid.
A Ditto gets out, they look for a while, but when they gather together they think Ditto may have transformed. Gee, ya think?! And then when they see a second Rotom Dex, instead of immediately thinking its Ditto, they wonder for a few seconds if they have a mirror hanging in the sky. Worse, this Ditto keeps the Ditto face so no excuse for them to think that (we'll also just ignore the Ditto face thing was a problem only Duplica's Ditto had... I guess we can assume other Ditto have it too...).
That said, the Quagsire joke was funny (though wouldn't the Ditto!Quagsire not have nostrils)? Though they never resolved that, it just jump cuts to Ditto being a Psyduck.

Huh, so Gladion already calls Type: Null as Silvally. I guess that makes sense.
YOU called Lycanroc's new form Dusk Forme? Wasn't that Kukui?
OMG! Gladion shows competence by realizing it's very odd that Ash of all people had been entrusted with Nebby and has a rare Lycanroc. Hey Ash, why don't you tell Gladion all the other Legendaries you met or how you also had a special Greninja. :P

Ash is so bad at training that Lycanroc and Litten train on their own. :P
Has Lillie never seen the inside of Lusamine's office she doesn't know she has pictures of her and Gladion?
So much for the plot point Ash not telling Lillie about Gladion and Silvally... what was the point if the very next episode they were going to have Lillie see Silvally and become unable to touch Pokemon again?

How does Miracle Eye nullify a Ghost-type move?
Wouldn't Pikachu making a fierce face remind Lillie of her bad experience since that's how she remembers Silvally?
So, Lusamine has a picture of Lillie as a baby but not Gladion. Can you guess who Lusamine's favorite child is?
... Gladion, did you NEVER tell Lusamine about what happened to you and Lillie all those years ago?
So Faba, if you can erase people's memories with Hypno, why didn't you do it with Gladion?
"Become the Dark Beast that brings chaos"... not really that heroic of a title.
Become the:
Fighting Beast that brings war
Flying Beast that brings storms
Poison Beast that brings illness
Ground Beast that brings earthquakes
Rock Beast that brings rock slides
Bug Beast that brings swarms
Ghost Beast that brings death
Steel Beast that brings blades
Fire Beast that brings incineration
Water Beast that brings tidal waves
Grass Beast that brings thorns
Electric Beast that brings electrocution
Psychic Beast that brings coma
Ice Beast that brings hypothermia
Dragon Beast that brings destruction
Fairy Beast that brings misfortune

Silvally: ... Master, we need to talk about some of these nicknames.

Strongman Ash returns, this time carrying Cosmoem which is 9,999.9 kilograms! And unlike in the games where it was floating, they showed Cosmoem landing so, no, Ash is carrying it!
Oh, and it's just not Ash, it's Pikachu too!
Huh, smart ancient civilization. They made their "puzzle" be an actual death trap. Though since Gladion knew it was a trap due to Aether Paradise's database, does that mean an Aether Foundation member or Pokemon potentially got killed or nearly killed?
Oh darn, they lost the Fairy Memory when fighting Kommo-o, guess you'll have to use Ice, Flying, or Psychic instead (yeah, Fairy is quad super effective and immune to Dragon-type moves, but they're acting like it's the only choice).
"A Dragon-type claws can't piece a Fairy-type's armor, for a Fairy-type is cloaked in light". That doesn't make a lick of sense. One, why can't a dragon piece light? Two, Fairy is light? I have some old folklore about fairies you may want to read about...
I feel sorry for Tapu Bulu and Fini. Since the writers decided to rush the story, instead of having their debut episode being either about them or building them up they're just part of the group.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Upcoming Japanese episode is Nurse Joy being sick and Ash & co. having to become nurses for the day. However I call Tauros mulch on this episode because this would have been the perfect episode to have Ash be wearing a dress. Is there no tradition you cherish, current writing staff?
Actually, why do you even have male uniforms? I thought the Joy family had that positioned locked down.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Pokemon: Everyone's Story:
More info for the next movie has been released as well as a new trailer:
Plot Synopsis said:
Once a year, a "wind festival" is held in Fura City, the city where people live together with the wind. On the final day of the festival, the legendary Pokémon Lugia will appear and give the people the blessed wind, a promise said to date back to the distant past.
Lisa, the highschooler and Pokémon rookie. Kagachi, the braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales. Trito, the timid researcher that lacks confidence. Hisui, the old eccentric that hates Pokémon. Largo, the mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.
While they're participating in the festival, Ash and Pikachu meets these five companions by pure coincidence. Each of them has their own worries on their mind, and are unable to take a step forward together with their partner Pokémon, but when they meet each other, the cogs of destiny start turning......
Will the promise with Lugia be kept? And just what is the true identity of the mythical Pokémon Zeraora??
Everyone's friendship, both people's and Pokémon's, will now cause a miracle to occur.
Characters said:
Lisa - A highschooler and Pokémon rookie. She came to the wind festival in order to get an Eevee, which she had promised her injured little brother.
Trito - A Pokémon researcher who's bad at talking to others. He's participating in the wind festival in order to make a presentation related to his research, but he lacks the confidence and ends up just sitting there getting consoled by Chansey.
Kagachi - A braggart that just can't stop telling tall tales. He visited the wind festival together with his beloved niece. It appears Sudowoodo adores him for a very particular reason. He talks about how "There's a super rare Pokémon in this city!", but...
Hisui - An old woman living in Fura City that hates Pokémon. She started avoiding Pokémon because of something that happened in the past, but for some reason a lot of Pokémon follow her around, including a Totodile.
Largo - A little girl living in Fura City, and the mayor's daughter. She's a resolute and kind little lady. It appears she has something to to with the mythical Pokémon Zeraora, but...
Riku - Lisa's younger brother. A young boy that loves Pokémon. He's hospitalized because of an injured leg.
Mayor Oliver - The mayor of Fura City and Largo's father. He is a strict man with a strong sense of responsibility. He is constantly on the move in order to ensure that the wind festival is a success.
Zeraora - A mythical Pokémon said to live in the mountain recesses of Fura City. By emitting an electric current from the pads on its arms and legs, it's able to move through the air at the speed of lightning.
So, a lot to dissect.
First the synopsis. And may I begin with how stupid "Fura City, the city where people live together with the wind" sounds. Ooh, so special! Like they mention the "blessed wind" later on so why not say "Fura City, the city where people live together with the blessed wind" to note the wind there is special? The blessed wind is some kind of ancient promise... and that's it. In other words, we learn nothing new except for a few terms that are going to be used in the story.
Next I'll go over bits from the trailer I find notable:

0:40: So, Lisa doesn't have the Eevee yet until after meeting Ash (who I guess helps her track one down?).
0:56: I would say Ash is charging at whatever is causing the disaster... though knowing Ash he could just be charging into the dust cloud of the disaster without any plan.
0:58: Get it, her brother has a broken leg and at some point the Eevee she catches for him gets one too. It's symbolic. Though she's getting very attached to that Eevee it seems.
1:06: Guessing this is at the climax. Only Zeraora can save the day and Largo has to let it go in order for it to do so.

Finally what new things we learned about the character. Honestly, not much really, at least not anything that points them to a certain story direction we haven't already predicted (I suppose the trailer may had their dialogue give more clues but it's in Japanese and Youtube's attempt at auto translating the captions came out as a muddled mess). We know know Lisa's reason for being in Fura City is, though her reason really isn't her own so her story direction is still muddy. Kagachi might play a notable role as it sounds like he has heard about Zeraora so might know more stuff about it that'll be important to the plot. Also odd how we got a quick bio for Lisa's brother and Largo's father but not one for Kagachi's niece, guessing she's not that important? And the only other maybe notable thing is Largo is the mayor's daughter, a mayor who is constantly on the move, so guessing she has a "daddy doesn't have time to spend with me, Zeraora is my only friend" story.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So recent Japanese episode involved Celesteela and of course they couldn't resist telling a sort of Princess Kaguya story... even though Alola is based on Hawaii and not Japan (anime writers at least pretend you care if you're going to keep forcing yourselves to keep writing for the show).

But the interesting thing about the episode is the inclusion of what looks like something that could pass off as a pre-evolution to Celesteela:

And when it "evolved" it became something that looked like a mid stage between the two:

Now, yes, I know this was a folktale that Sophocles was telling to Togedemaru, though still he later find a Celesteela and at the end of the episode it flies off toward the moon hinting at the story being possibly true.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Nanu and Acerola incoming:
Looks like there's a troublesome Gengar and Team Rocket gotta deal with it, and Nanu gives James a Z-Ring!

... Except I don't think any of Team Rocket's Pokemon know a Dark-type move. Would be neat if Meowth learned Night Slash.

Nanu and Acerola incoming:
Looks like there's a troublesome Gengar and Team Rocket gotta deal with it, and Nanu gives James a Z-Ring!

... Except I don't think any of Team Rocket's Pokemon know a Dark-type move. Would be neat if Meowth learned Night Slash.
But won’t be possible because meowth can’t learn any new moves.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
But won’t be possible because meowth can’t learn any new moves.
That's what he has said, though maybe he's wrong. Or rather, it's specific moves he can't learn. He may not be able to learn new move techniques (such as firing coins from his charm with Pay Day), but since he knows Scratch and Fury Swipes maybe he can upgrade those into other claw moves like Slash and Night Slash. Also what about Tutored moves? Okay, maybe Meowth spent all its experience to learn to talk, but Tutors walk around that and it can learn something like Knock Off. Since it looks like Nanu is helping Team Rocket to handle the Gengar, he's able to give Meowth advice to do a Dark-type move.

Though Mareanie and Mimikyu can learn Dark-type moves so could use one of them too. Heck, maybe Bewear would use the power in order for it to save TR from the Gengar (a Pokemon it wouldn't be able to hit with its STAB), you know, before carrying them off.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Just wondering, didn't Meowth know Bite?
Probably but it was likely an "improvised" move than an actual attack, anime has a lot of those and sometimes it can be confusing which is an actual attack and which one isn't.

BTW, on the Pokemon official channel they've been releasing a series of videos with the opening themes (no extended versions though) plus just released this fun little trivia video:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So apparently Acerola's Mimikyu is a ghost of a deceased Mimikyu...

Mimikyu, a GHOST/Fairy-type...

A ghost of a ghost...

Why? Is it because a Shiny Mimikyu's costume is faded yellow color? Just say the Mimikyu is very old if you needed an excuse (which you don't, why does his Shiny Pokemon need an explanation?).

You know, I would have more bought the story if Acerola said her Mimikyu was a ghost of a Pikachu. At least Pikachu is a living creature.

Also apparently Nanu has a connection to Giovanni, hmm.

Pokemon anime be like "I heard you like Ghost types, so we made your Ghost type a ghost."

Isn't it weird that the Ghost Mimikyu can't touch a Ghost Type but the other way around. It makes no sense to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 3)