Generation SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Welp, time to demonstrate some samples. I'm not an expert of teambuilding but I do try to take what is very good in Doubles in mind.

Pokémon that have buffed base stats and gained new moves.

Raichu @ Choice Band
Ability: Quick Flash
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Tackle
- Submission / Brick Break
- Hardlight Punch / Radiant Fall
Description: Effective revenge killer or snowball sweeper with Radiant Fall. Remember that Raichu is still frail and can be stopped by Ferrothorn or other Pokemon immune to Light and can resist Electric as well if Raichu is using a wrong move. However, it can use its own Extreme Speed to mess up with the priority-based Revenge Killers if this one is crippled enough, or Quick Flash Hardlight Punch/Radiant Fall shall the target is a Ghost-type. Intimidate will only soften the blow if Raichu managed to knock an opponent out with Radiant Fall.

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer / Quick Flash / Lightning Rod
EVs: 232 SpA / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Radiant Shift / Light Break / Burning Beam / Focus Blast
Description: Practically the Special Variant, but Alolan Raichu have more useful Abilities which allows it to either use Quick Flash as making its Light coverage to take down Dark threats before they could even react, Lightning Rod to boost its Special Attack in addition to Choice Specs boost, or Surge Surfer, which is buffed to enabled to all Terrains, allowing it to combat the Terrains that plagued the Doubles format and make it a dangerous counter to Tapu Fini (or a reliable Doubles partner).

Focus Blast is lesser good does to Light-type being able to cover both Ghost and Dark, but if there are Pokemon that will stop all Psychic, Electric and Light coverage, then opt for Focus Blast and use a strong Light-type partner if needed, or take risk.

Light Ball can also be used for the upper two as it now boost both their Attack and Special Attack by 33%, making them mixed sweepers if necessary. Raichu got the benefit of being immune to Dark-type which means Knock Off will not remove Light Ball.

Wigglytuff @ Heavy Bracelet / Leftover
Ability: Competitive / Cacophony
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA
Modest / Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast / Draining Kiss
- Nasty Plot / Calm Mind
- Filler (Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Stealth Rock, etc)
Description: Competitive can be used to punish Intimidate and Sticky Web, or Cacophony to boost Hyper Voice to stronger level. The Heavy Bracelet is useful on slower Pokemon as it act like Analytic, allowing to strike 33% harder, thus making some slightly weaker moves with an utility like Draining Kiss to hit a bit harder. A Heavy Bracelet + Cacophony Wigglytuff will hit to painful level with Hyper Voice if moved last, but it have to take a hit. Nasty Plot or Calm Mind will help give it stronger power if running Cacophony or to stack up with Competitive.

Ledian @ Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 224 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hardlight Punch / Radiance Fall
- U-Turn
- Focus Punch / Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Drain Punch
- Substitute / Swords Dance
Description: Ledian can be an effective SubPunch Pokemon, with Hardlight Punch or Radiance Fall being effective ways to increase Ledian's Attack without sacrificing a move slot for Swords Dance, and allows it to opt for the combo. Only useful Bug STAB is U-Turn, which is only used for safe switch or to take out the threat and let in the replacement without too much danger. If you cannot pull the SubPunch combo well, abandon Substitute and Focus Punch and replace them with other coverage moves such as Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Drain Punch (useful if you give it Life Orb) and the boosting move Swords Dance, making it a more of a set-up sweeper instead.

Last edited:
May I suggest a more fast-wall-oriented stat spread on Chimecho? It looks more like a support Pokémon and now it has almost the same stat spread as Jynx.

My suggestion is:

Pokemon: Chimecho
Type:

Old Stats: 75 / 50 / 80 / 95 / 90 / 65 | BST 455
New Stats: 85 / 40 / 80 / 95 / 100 / 115 | BST 515
New Moves: Foul Note, Swift Note, Opera Sing, Power Split, Power Swap, Power Trick, Weather Ball, Draining Kiss

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
May I suggest a more fast-wall-oriented stat spread on Chimecho? It looks more like a support Pokémon and now it has almost the same stat spread as Jynx.

My suggestion is:

Pokemon: Chimecho
Type:

Old Stats: 75 / 50 / 80 / 95 / 90 / 65 | BST 455
New Stats: 85 / 40 / 80 / 95 / 100 / 115 | BST 515
New Moves: Foul Note, Swift Note, Opera Sing, Power Split, Power Swap, Power Trick, Weather Ball, Draining Kiss
Changed Chimecho to match your suggestion. I forgot the distribution for Swift Note, but I will take Chimecho into consideration.

I feel like there’s no real Hail abuser in the actual double meta, since Alolan Sandslash is not very used and we don’t have many Slush Rush Mons, so I tried a regional form for Arcanine.

Pokémon: Sinnohese Arcanine
New Typing:

New Abilities: Intimidate / Slush Rush | HA: Justified
New Stats: 90 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 90 / 75 (+0, +0, +0 , +10, +10 , -20)
New/Removed Moves:
Removed Moves (1): Morning Sun
Added Moves (11): Ice Shard, Icicle Crush, Ice Fang, Aurora Veil, Hail, Aurora Beam, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Icy Wind, Scald, Moonlight
Flavor/Design: It pairs very well with its counterpart Alolan-Ninetales (WIP)

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I feel like there’s no real Hail abuser in the actual double meta, since Alolan Sandslash is not very used and we don’t have many Slush Rush Mons, so I tried a regional form for Arcanine.

Pokémon: Sinnohese Arcanine
New Typing:

New Abilities: Intimidate / Slush Rush | HA: Justified
New Stats: 90 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 90 / 75 (+0, +0, +0 , +10, +10 , -20)
New/Removed Moves:
Removed Moves (1): Morning Sun
Added Moves (11): Ice Shard, Icicle Crush, Ice Fang, Aurora Veil, Hail, Aurora Beam, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Freeze-Dry, Icy Wind, Scald, Moonlight
Flavor/Design: It pairs very well with its counterpart Alolan-Ninetales (WIP)
I didn't know about the lack of any genuine Hail Abusers except the setters themselves, so Sinnohese Arcanine might help shake things up for a Hail Team, especially with the buffed Icicle Crush to be as strong and accurate as the likes of Fire Blast, helping physical Ice-type that have this move.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Just a thought, but

1539209863145.png
1539209868308.png

1 - Reduces the absurd ammount of Bug / Flying
2 - Look at their Lvl Up moveset. Sonic Boom, Supersonic, Uproar, Screech, Bug Buzz... All sound based moves.

Could gain a stat boost too. Maybe something like 86 / 76 / 86 / 120 / 56 / 110 (Change anything you want to tho)

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
if you want to reduce the bug/flying make it a dragon tbh
Making it a Bug/Dragon makes more sense than Bug/Sound imo, plus I already got a Bug/Sound Pokémon in the name of Kricketune line. The stat boost in addition to the type change will come in handy though.

Making it a Bug/Dragon makes more sense than Bug/Sound imo, plus I already got a Bug/Sound Pokémon in the name of Kricketune line. The stat boost in addition to the type change will come in handy though.
Making it a part Dragon-type isn't a good choice with Tapu Fini being one of the biggest threat in Double and its Misty Terrain reduces the power of Dragon-type by 50%. Dragon-types that do shine in Generation 7 DOU typically don't rely on Dragon-type attacks (Zygarde and Kyurem Black) or have a way to boosts stats (Kommo-O).

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Making it a part Dragon-type isn't a good choice with Tapu Fini being one of the biggest threat in Double and its Misty Terrain reduces the power of Dragon-type by 50%. Dragon-types that do shine in Generation 7 DOU typically don't rely on Dragon-type attacks (Zygarde and Kyurem Black) or have a way to boosts stats (Kommo-O).
There is a new move in this Pet Mod called Terrain Shield which is Protect but with lower PPs, but able to absorb the Terrain and convert it into stat boost (Attack with Grass Terrain, Speed with Electric Terrain, Special Attack with Psychic Terrain and Special Defense with Misty Terrain), which can be useful for teams that do not rely on Terrains.

If that doesn't work regardless, then I will use the Bug/Sound combination instead after playtesting.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Gathering information by Spooktune and here are the changes and a fun fact;
  • Removed Belch changes, as it have a server-wide code and thus it should not be touched.
  • Power-Up Punch and Charge Beam can give another boost if the user have methods that allows it to hit more than once. The only way to do so so far is Parental Bond anyways.
  • Tentacruel would be an interesting counter to Blaziken thanks to the buffed Constrict always reducing Speed of the target by one stage and dealing much more damage than Icy Wind and the likes, and Tentacruel can also resist both of Blaziken's STABs. Constrict in general will comes in handy to slow down a specific fast target for reasonable to large damage (if not resisted) as well, especially those who are holding a Choice Scarf or have boosted Speed in any way. It becomes weaker on slower Pokémon and those with already decreased Speed though.
Tentacruel @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Mild/Modest Nature
- Constrict / Icy Wind
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Protect

Last edited:
Gathering information by Spooktune and here are the changes and a fun fact;
  • Removed Belch changes, as it have a server-wide code and thus it should not be touched.
  • Power-Up Punch and Charge Beam can give another boost if the user have methods that allows it to hit more than once. The only way to do so so far is Parental Bond anyways.
  • Tentacruel would be an interesting counter to Blaziken thanks to the buffed Constrict always reducing Speed of the target by one stage and dealing much more damage than Icy Wind and the likes, and Tentacruel can also resist both of Blaziken's STABs. Constrict in general will comes in handy to slow down a specific fast target for reasonable to large damage (if not resisted) as well, especially those who are holding a Choice Scarf or have boosted Speed in any way. It becomes weaker on slower Pokémon and those with already decreased Speed though.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Constrict
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
I have a few stuff to point out.
  • Don't hold Black Sludge or Leftovers unless they have Leech Seed since doubles battle is faster compared to singles. Most Pokemon would instead prefer 50% pinch berries such as Figy or Iapapa Berry over them for emergency recovery.
  • Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes are terrible for Doubles. Rapid Spin could get blocked easily by the ever common Protect. Additionally, it's hard to get two layers of Toixc Spikes in Doubles setting, due to doubles battle being faster again. I want to point out about the poison status in doubles, but... it's actually difficult to explain.
  • Speaking of Protect, why it doesn't have Protect? That is one of the most crucial moves in Doubles.
  • The EV spread looks to skewed on the defensive aspect. Generally speaking, most Pokemon go for a more balanced or full offensive (as per usual) EV spread approach. Only those that have Rage Powder or Follow Me want to have more defensive spread. Or Chansey.
  • Not really a heavy disagreement on Constrict, but the main appeal of Icy Wind and Electroweb is that it affects both foes.
  • Actually, Tentacruel isn't even ideal for Doubles at all even with the buffed Constrict. It has a high special defense stat, but that's about it.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I have a few stuff to point out.
  • Don't hold Black Sludge or Leftovers unless they have Leech Seed since doubles battle is faster compared to singles. Most Pokemon would instead prefer 50% pinch berries such as Figy or Iapapa Berry over them for emergency recovery.
  • Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes are terrible for Doubles. Rapid Spin could get blocked easily by the ever common Protect. Additionally, it's hard to get two layers of Toixc Spikes in Doubles setting, due to doubles battle being faster again. I want to point out about the poison status in doubles, but... it's actually difficult to explain.
  • Speaking of Protect, why it doesn't have Protect? That is one of the most crucial moves in Doubles.
  • The EV spread looks to skewed on the defensive aspect. Generally speaking, most Pokemon go for a more balanced or full offensive (as per usual) EV spread approach. Only those that have Rage Powder or Follow Me want to have more defensive spread. Or Chansey.
  • Not really a heavy disagreement on Constrict, but the main appeal of Icy Wind and Electroweb is that it affects both foes.
  • Actually, Tentacruel isn't even ideal for Doubles at all even with the buffed Constrict. It has a high special defense stat, but that's about it.
I quickly noticed that this set is more made for Single, though I should tell you that Spooktune made this set.

As for Constrict and Tentacruel, I will give the former to now decrease the target's Speed by two stages so that it can reduce Speed further than Icy Wind and Electro Web, but lower Speed means that Constrict will deal even less damage the next time on the same target. Tentacruel will have buffed Attack (to around 90), Special Attack and Special Defense. Tentacruel may even run Scald, Toxic/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave, Icy Wind and/or Constrict alongside Protect to become a nuisance to the opponents.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
We got some good news! Generation SD is finally available in Dragon Heaven thanks to Scoopapa's new tools! I may not tell if it is fully completed or only buffed mons and type chart done so far, but we will make tests to see if anything work well.

If you have any chances, you can test out the Pet Mod as well, but let me check if BatterBot will have a team for Generation SD.

EDIT: Its not fully programmed yet since the buffed mons and type chart are in fact coded, but not the rest. We can still test if the Pokémon's new stats will work on their favors.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Decided to put a "behind the scene" post to tell my reasoning behind some decisions, to answer some potential questions;
  • The "new" four Types (Sound, Light, Blood and Food) and the new Regional variants are done to not make my Pet Mod being just "Making many thing more viable in DOU".
  • Terrains are extremely dominant in DOU much more than in OU, which is especially true for the Tapus themselves. This is why I had made one move and Ability that will combat the Terrains.
  • I only buff stats to the following Pokemon;
    1. Pokemon with a "new Type" but its BST will prevent it from pulling full potential of the type combination.
    2. Pokemon with an interesting type combination (Crabominable with its Fighting/Ice) but bothered with poor stat distribution.
    3. To go alongside their new tools (the whole Eeveelutions). The moves from Eevee-Partner will be nerfed if they would be proven as too powerful on the respective Eeveelution.
  • Mega Evolution is only used as a last resort if the Pokemon in question have a high BST that increasing the stats will be a no-no and if the stat distribution is still mediocre at best.
  • Intimidate (and the "new" variants) tend to be utterly spammable so I already purposed a nerf where it backfires if using against a Pokemon with already lowered Attack by reversing the decreasement. Same goes for variants for respective stat.
  • As the DOU metagame is also about more offense and faster pace, certain items are buffed to have a bit more firepower or another utility. I do not think we need anymore emergency healing or pinch items as of now.
  • Gamma Guzzord was made since Ultra Beasts are outside of the origin of the Mega Evolutions, thus making a straight up Mega Evolution for Guzzlord will never fit any flavor. An alternative is done in order to increase Guzzlord's viability without making it too powerful. Take notice that it does not take the Mega slot, which means you can run a Gamma Guzzlord and any regular Mega on one team.
I feel like it is for the best to try to gather as much attention as possible without forcing any "self-advertisements" and without breaking any rules in any place. This Pet Mod have potential but also have plenty of coding done. Here's a step-by-step as we do not really need to make it full version all at once.
  1. "Alpha" version; have all Buffed Pokemon coded and have the new Types coded and change the Type Chart. (Done!)
  2. "Beta" version; changes to existing Moves, Items and Abilities will be coded. Have the new Abilities, Moves, Items and other changes coded as well.
  3. "Beta-Mega" version; have the new forms coded excluding the Regional Forms.
  4. "Full Test" version; have everything else coded and put it into test to see if anything needs to be balanced and fixes as many bugs as possible.
  5. First Full version; the first, complete version! Everything else added after the first full version will be coded in later time for later versions, as well as changes needed for pre-existing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)