Multifaction/FFA Genius Game - Grand Final - Main Match 3 (Draft Mafia)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I am stuck at work until a code finishes, which may be another hour or longer. Try to get a replacement host if you guys can - I should be back by 9 if not.

UncleSam

Leading this village
zzz I see from IRC that zorbees was going to host but IFM never showed up

idiotfrommars this one was at least partially on me but show up tomorrow, assuming Blazade is ok with that

Let's hope I don't get dragged into another gd 14 hour work day but I'll see if I can get someone to be a backup in case.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Deathmatch: Blazade beats Ifm in Anaments, gg

UncleSum
-Today at 8:35 PM

ok

so both send me

a two-character

element

privately

youre clear that you cant

re-submit vowels?

err

elements*

ok both submit an element for round 1 please

remember that your word

must be 4 letters long

ok

Blazade: Te Ifm: Zr, letters: T E Z R A

Blazade-Today at 8:38 PM

rate

HODOR-Today at 8:38 PM

Taze

UncleSum-Today at 8:38 PM

rate was first

and is definitely valid

so blazade wins round 1

round 2 uses E

HODOR-Today at 8:38 PM

Ok

Mind if i get on my computer

UncleSum-Today at 8:38 PM

uh go for it

Blazade-Today at 8:38 PM

sure

UncleSum-Today at 8:39 PM

how long orughly

HODOR-Today at 8:39 PM

Phone keyboard is not a good idea for this lol

3 min

UncleSum-Today at 8:39 PM

kk

Acklow-Today at 8:40 PM

how's it chillin' fam?

HODOR-Today at 8:41 PM

k

UncleSum-Today at 8:41 PM

kk submit elements now please

Blazade: Rb IFM: Hg, letters: R B H G E

Blazade-Today at 8:42 PM

herb

UncleSum-Today at 8:42 PM

herb is a valid word

blazade leads 2-0

round 3 submit now please

Blazade: Ac Ifm: Am, letters: A C A M I

Blazade-Today at 8:44 PM

mica

HODOR-Today at 8:44 PM

none

UncleSum-Today at 8:44 PM

uh

let me check

if mica is a word lol

http://www.scrabblewordsolver.com/word-checker/mica/

Scrabble Word Solver
Is mica a scrabble word? Can I use mica in Scrabble or Words with ...
Scrabble Word Checker tool to see if your word is acceptable in Scrabble and other dictionaries like Words With friends.

looks like it is

HODOR-Today at 8:44 PM

the fuck is a mica

Former-Today at 8:45 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mica fun times

Mica
The mica group of sheet silicate (phyllosilicate) minerals includes several closely related materials having nearly perfect basal cleavage. All are monoclinic, with a tendency towards pseudohexagonal crystals, and are similar in chemical composit...

UncleSum-Today at 8:45 PM

Blazade leads 3-0

round 4 submit now

Blazade: Re Ifm: Lr, letters: R E L R O

Blazade-Today at 8:46 PM

lore

HODOR-Today at 8:46 PM

lore

gg

UncleSum-Today at 8:46 PM

blazade first

gg

Blazade-Today at 8:46 PM

gg

HODOR-Today at 8:46 PM

good luck in the rest of the game

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey guys, sorry, crafting this task was a bit more involved then I anticipated and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post it tonight. I'll finish it tomorrow if not.

UncleSam

Leading this village
- 8 Players Remaining -

This main match will be called The Circus Games.

The basics:
  • 8 players, you die if you run out of health. You win if you are the last to survive.
  • Survival:
    • You must consume food at least ⅔ turns to survive. If you do not consume food on a turn, you will have -2 effective combat strength and carrying capacity the following day due to your weakness, and will take 5 HP of damage. Therefore, it is best to consume food every day, even if you will not starve. You start the game with 3 days’ worth of food in your inventory.
    • You will automatically be able to survive in temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees without taking damage. This resistant to temperature changes will improve based on your survival skills stat.
  • Movement and Capacity:
    • You may move a certain number of squares, as determined by your Speed stat and inventory (see below) - this may be impacted by terrain as well. You may not move diagonally.
    • You may carry only as much in food, tools, and weapons as you have capacity for in your inventory. One days’ food weighs one pound of capacity. You may trade anything in your inventory with another player at 1-range, but you must specify where you will meet them. Unlike attacking, you must actually provide your final location as the trade location rather than initial location.
  • Attacking:
    • You may attack someone based on their position at the end of the last turn. You must be in range while holding a weapon to attack them. The damage you deal will be equal to the difference between your attacking strength and their strength, minus any armor etc. they may have. If you attack someone within a range where they could counterattack you, they will do so automatically.
  • The map is here.
  • Guide to the map:
    • Berries / * on the map are free food. Just move there to get two days’ worth of food.
    • Animals / ** on the map are huntable food. You need 15 in strength + survival skills, and may use any weapons you possess, in hunting. Worth 4 days’ worth of food.
    • Lvl. 1 Cache / *** on the map are basic caches. You may pick one of two days’ food, a basic weapon, a basic armor item, or a tool from these.
    • Lvl. 2 Cache / **** on the map are legendary caches. These contain specialized weapons from specific regions and multiple tools. You may pick two tools and apply the area bonus to a weapon of your choice.
    • The basic weapons are:
      • Sword: 8 combat power, 4 capacity, 1 range. Bonus 2 damage to unarmed or bow wielders.
      • Lance: 8 combat power, 4 capacity, 1 range. Ignores armor when attacking.
      • Axe: 8 combat power, 4 capacity, 1 range. Bonus 2 damage to anyone on movement-reducing terrain.
      • Bow: 6 combat power, 4 capacity, 6 range. Uses speed as a substitute for strength, and cannot be used within 3 range.
    • The basic defensive options are (capacity 4 for all):
      • Helm: Reduces damage from bows by 2.
      • Chain Mail: Reduces damage from swords by 2.
      • Shield: Reduces damage from axes by 2.
    • The special terrain bonuses available are (all provide +2 damage from a typical weapon):
      • Desert: Sand in the eyes: Cannot be counterattacked while using this weapon.
      • Rainforest: Ambush: Deal 4 bonus damage if you have higher speed than your target.
      • Tundra: Freeze: Your target will be immobilized next turn, and take bonus damage equal to being exposed to a temperature of 45 degrees. Cannot be applied to the same target twice, ever.
      • Island: On an island: Only your target may attack you during this turn. May be applied to each target once, ever.
      • Mountain: Strength of the mountain: Your resistance to temperature and all non-direct damage sources increases by five (applies to bonus damage on attacks but not base strength + base weapon power). Additionally, you will take no strength penalty if you did not eat the last turn (does not protect from dying of starvation, however).
  • There are several types of terrain / areas, with the basic characteristics being:
  • Areas:
    • 1. Desert: An arid region with few resources but a smattering of caches. Base Temperature: 105 Degrees.
    • 2. Tundra: A frozen wasteland maze with no food but plenty of caches. Base temperature: 35 Degrees.
    • 3. Rainforest: A heavy rainforest with lots of food, both berries and animals. Base temperature: 85 Degrees.
    • 4. Mountain: A steep and treacherous mountainside. Little food but caches of weapons and tools saved by rangers over the years. Base temperature: 55 Degrees.
    • 5. Island: A tropical island beyond a lake at the edge of the map. A little slice of paradise in hell. Base temperature: 70 degrees.
    • 6. Plains: The great plains. Plenty of food and easy to survive on, but few weapons little cover. Base temperature: 70 degrees.
    • 7. Cornucopia. The center of the map, with a massive collection of caches with plenty of resources for the dominant few willing to fight for them. Generally the best place to be when disasters strike.
  • Terrain:
    • Water: Impassable by those with survival skills lower than 5. Halves movement unless you have survival skills of 10 or possess the swimming goggles.
    • Mountainside: Impassable by those with survival skills lower than 5. Halves movement unless you have survival skills of 10 or possess the carabiner.
    • Rainforest: Halves movement.
    • Tundra: Impassable by those with survival skills lower than 5. Halves movement unless you have survival skills of 10 or possess the snowshoes.
  • Tools (2 pounds a piece of capacity, can use no more than 5 ever):
    • Swimming Goggles: Lets you move through water with no penalty.
    • Carabiner: Lets you move through mountainside with no penalty.
    • Snowshoes: Lets you move through tundra with no penalty.
    • Flint: Lets you ignore up to 15 degrees’ worth of temperature fluctuation below your typical threshold by making a fire. Anyone standing on the same square as you will also benefit from this.
    • Canteen: Lets you ignore up to 15 degrees’ worth of temperature fluctuation above your typical threshold by storing water. Anyone standing on the same square as you will also benefit from this.
    • Boots: +2 to movement
    • Camouflage: Lets you hide your location twice during the game, revealing only your area rather than your specific location. Your opponents’ eyes will adjust after this, however.
    • Hunters’ Knife: You may always hunt and may attack and hunt simultaneously.
    • Medical Kit: Heals 20 HP worth of damage.
    • Adrenaline: Heals 5 HP worth of damage and increases your strength and speed by 5 for this turn and the next.
  • Stats:
    • Strength: Influences your direct combat, your carrying capacity, your hunting ability, and your HP.
    • Speed: Influences how many squares you can move, as well as certain weapons’ attacking power.
    • Survival skills: Influences ability to resist temperature fluctuations, travel across terrain, utilize resources, and hunt.
  • Secondary Stats:
    • HP: Calculated as 10 + Strength + 2*Survival Skills
    • Movement: Calculated as 2 + Speed
    • Capacity: Calculated as 10 + 2*Strength
    • Hunting Capability: Calculated as Strength + Survival Skills. Must be equal to 10 to hunt every third turn, 15 to hunt every other turn, or 20 to hunt every turn.
You will have 18 stat points to distribute as you see fit. You must spend at least 1 on each stat. You may not hit 10 in two stats, even with boosts you can buy (see bonuses, later). If you do hit 10 in a stat, you will gain a special bonus:
Strength Bonus: +2 effective strength when attacking, and +5 capacity.
Speed Bonus: Gain +2 movement, +5 to hunting capability, and allows you to use your remaining movement after performing an attack.
Survival Bonus: May travel across all terrain freely, and can use one turns’ worth of food over two days.

Finally, there will be a number of events that will happen that will test your skills. You won’t know exactly what these are, but you have some idea.

Firstly, there’s the weather forecast. You know that the forecast for the next seven days is:
Day 1: Sunny and pleasant.
Day 2: Chilly.
Day 3: Polar Vortex.
Day 4: Cold.
Day 5: Warm.
Day 6: Heat Wave.
Day 7: Unbearably hot.

The game will end at the end of day 7, with % of maximum HP used to determine the winner if there are multiple players still alive.

Additionally, there will be various disasters that will strike certain zones. These could range from tests of survival skills, to strength, or speed. You do not know the order in which disasters will strike or where, but the disaster that will be striking that day will be known at the start of the day.

Expect to be forced back into the cornucopia at some point during the game. It would be unwise to totally neglect either fighting skills or survival skills.

Bonuses:
  • 2 Garnets per extra stat point (note that you cannot hit 10 in multiple stats this way)
  • 4 Garnets for each additional tenth stat point (thus gaining the special bonuses)
  • 3 Garnets per starting tool
  • 4 Garnets per starting basic weapon or defensive item
  • 8 Garnets per legendary weapon
Rewards:
  • Most kills: 10 garnet bounty
  • Last survivor: 2 tokens of life, 10 garnets
  • Most regions visited: 5 garnet bounty
  • Most caches collected: 5 garnet bounty
  • Most turns spent in cornucopia: 5 garnet bounty
  • 1 garnet per other player outlasted. Token of life if in top 3 survivors
Current Garnets:
Blazade: 24
Zorbees: 18
DLE: 16
Itzviper482: 15
Vigilante Vigoroth: 14
Asek: 12
LW: 9
Isa: 9

What to send me before turn 1:
  • Your 18 stats points, distributed
  • Any bonuses you’d like to buy
  • Your preferred starting locations, in order 1 - N, where N is your position in the list above. Preference will be given in order of garnets listed above (so, if you’re Blazade only send in one location and that will be your starting location, zorbees sends in two and will get one of his two, etc.).
  • Read the rules carefully and let me know what doesn't make sense / if you have any questions.

Deadline for the pre-phase before Day 1 will be Thursday at 7 PM PST. Please don't be late.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
Fixed that line, and updated the starvation line to include that you take 5 HP of damage in addition to the strength hit if you fail to eat during a given day.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
also i dont think the specifics for temperature stuff is anywhere, it says survival skills can help lessen the damage of extreme temperature but doesnt give specifics anywhere, unless i missed something

UncleSam

Leading this village
Sorry, survival skills increase the range of temperatures you can sustain by 1 in each direction. Temperature deals 1 damage per temperature outside of your allowed range; at a survival skill of 0, this range is 60 to 80 degrees (range to take 0 damage in). At 10, this would expand to 50 to 90 degrees base.

Does that make sense?

Temperature fluctuations will impact all areas equally. Disasters / events will not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)