Multifaction/FFA Genius Game - Grand Final - Main Match 3 (Draft Mafia)

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1. If I buy extra pokemon how is my final score calculated?
2. If I buy extra pokemon are they all out at once or do I send the next one out after the first one faints(and if so can I switch?)
3. Can I stack the same item, and if so does say Choice Band stack multiplicatively or additively, in addition how does say Choice Band stack with Life Orb?
4. Who do hit everyone around you attacks like Surf, and hit people in front of you attacks like Heat Wave function?
5. If I equip Charizard with both a X and Y stones, can I switch between the forms or do I only get to choose which form to enter when I do mega evolve?
6. Can I pick Agumon?
7. If the target of Future Sight dies, does Future Sight hit someone else?
8. If multiple users die to the same move, how are tied placements resolved?(UBER kills two NUs at once, being the last one standing, obviously the NUs have a lower score than the UBER, which one gets immunity?)

UncleSam

Leading this village
Pokemon are out at once, once you've mega evolved you can't do so again, everything stacks multiplicatively, everything works how it does in doubles except for multi target moves, which I'm going to say can only target one person. Therefore no one can KO two mons at once.

If you pick two mons your score is calculated based on the highest tier and best finish of the two mons.

UncleSam

Leading this village
It has been pointed out to me that if you recognize BL tiers then there are more tiers than placements. I will not be recognizing BL tiers when considering tiers. I will place Pokemon in the lowest tier in which they are eligible to be used (so, if in BL, I will consider them OU, etc.).

UncleSam

Leading this village
how does the scoring work if someone buys an extra pokemon
Pokemon are out at once, once you've mega evolved you can't do so again, everything stacks multiplicatively, everything works how it does in doubles except for multi target moves, which I'm going to say can only target one person. Therefore no one can KO two mons at once.

If you pick two mons your score is calculated based on the highest tier and best finish of the two mons.
I guess this wasn't clear but if you pick an Ubers mon and a PU mon and the last mon you have in finishes 6th, you get 6 points - 1 for the Ubers = 5 total. In other words, you take the best finish between the two mons but the 'worst' tier for your own scoring purposes.

In other words, you have zero incentive to pick a second mon that is in a lower tier as your first one, unless there is some sort of synergy between the two.

UncleSam

Leading this village
You all have a Pokemon. You all pick one attack just like in the games targeting one other players' Pokemon. Whoever's Pokenon falls over last is the winner (with some caveats for tiering).

Do you not know how Pokemon works?

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'm missing a few Pokemon so I'll give everyone one more day to finalize shit. If you haven't sent in by then then I will randomly select an OU Doubles Mon's primary set for you with no bells or whistles.

Also a reminder to send ALL Pokemon to me on the forum PMs. I may well see it if you send me a Discord PM but I just can't guarantee I won't miss something so make sure to send via the forums as well.

UncleSam

Leading this village
The Pokemon selections are here.

You have 24 hours to select a move and a target. I'll make rolls tomorrow night or the day after, depending on how tired I am. Please KO some mons soon lmao

Also given that literally 100% of you took Protect I'm going to say that everyone's Protect has 5 PP because I don't wanna deal with people spamming that shit. Everything else has the same PP it has in the regular games.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
abilities arent listed on the sheet, most should be obvious but i figure it should help
my salamence intimidated everyone right
also shouldnt the cloyster cost 8 garnets not 7 (6 for extra mon + 2 for extra item)

You have 24 hours to select a move and a target. I'll make rolls tomorrow night or the day after, depending on how tired I am. Please KO some mons soon lmao

Also given that literally 100% of you took Protect I'm going to say that everyone's Protect has 5 PP because I don't wanna deal with people spamming that shit. Everything else has the same PP it has in the regular games.
unsure if this is relevant, but subsequent uses of protect have a (1/3)^x chance to succeed, where x is the number of times protect was used in a row successfully. This means everyone can't just spam protect continuously because should it fail they just wasted a move. There is a minimum chance of (1/3)^6, though.

Asek

Banned deucer.

a) my item is not on the sheet despite it being on my submission
b) can we please have a dl extension? this is the last day of my vacation and id rather have a day to hash things out tomorrow and spend today relaxing rather than negotiating a forum game

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'll extend deadline by 24 hours so Asek can enjoy his vacation

Asek's Starmie has a Focus Sash, I just forgot to add it in transcription. Please double check the sheet for all of your mons since I had a lot of shit to input.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Well after almost everyone sent in a move, two mons are finally down for the count! No player is out yet though.

24 hours. 8 PM PST tomorrow. I will be updating with or without your moves again this round cough LightWolf cough

Let me know if anyone sees any mistakes on the sheet.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
you didnt roll to see if the double protects would work or fail

also as i said on discord, i think salamence gains 1/16th hp from the terrain because i used roost to ground it but im not 100% sure on this one

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'll figure out Salemence later, if the HP on mence matters for anyone's moves lmk

I am not rolling for protects because that would be very time consuming. I am assuming that all protects succeed up until the point at which someone attacks them, at which point I'll check how many straight protects they have used and raise 1/3 to that power minus 1. In other words, if you use protect, understand that you are lowering your chances of success on subsequent turns if someone does in fact attack you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)