Genmons [Playable on rom!]

So Topsy-Turvy Klefki is the one-stop shop counter for anything that tries to set up. Power-Herb Geomancy becomes a debilitating -2 to Spa, Spd, and Spe. Shell Smash Swoobat just gets turned from a sweeper to a wall, though.

With all of the Gen 2 spore monkeys running around, Safety Goggles become a sound investment.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Nature: Careful
-Softboiled
-Subsitute
-Leech Seed
-Confuse Ray

Feast your eyes on wall of the year. Probably should replace Confuse Ray, but I feel like those three moves are enough.

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Nature: Careful
-Softboiled
-Subsitute
-Leech Seed
-Confuse Ray

Feast your eyes on wall of the year. Probably should replace Confuse Ray, but I feel like those three moves are enough.
probably best to replace Confuse Ray with Seismic Toss/Night Shade to prevent Chansey from being Taunt bait if it's not behind a Substitute or Toxic for a second source of passive damage. your pick as to what you use, though

also, shift the HP EVs into Defense and use a Bold nature instead of Careful so you'll be able to take physical hits better if the Eviolite isn't removed

Char-Y gets recover and so will never have to touch the ground (U Mad Excadrill?)
Serp gets V-Create (OH SH!!T!)
Salamence loses much of its moveset, it keeps Dragon Claw but that's pm it
Weavile gets Punishment (not sure if it had this) to take on boosters
All of gen 5 get Shell smash

Magmortar, Blissey, Porygon Z and Electivire deserve mentions for getting 3 gens worth of moves... 1, 2 and 4
Blissey gets Spider Web and Perish Song... add a healing move and serene grace Octazooka and you have a lock and ko mon

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Flamethrower
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
291 speed and coverage to take on anything... Seed Flare can be swapped with Giga Drain for more longevity. Lava Plume/Sacred Fire for better burn rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Shadow Punch
- Aromatherapy/Will-o-Wisp
- Cosmic Power/Will-o-Wisp/Knock Off

Stall to your heart's content. Cosmic Power is phazing bait though.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Judgment
- Extreme Speed/Vacuum Wave
- Coverage/Nasty Plot
- Coverage

Porygon-Z's movepool is massive, it has amazing coverage, a more powerful stab move and a stab priority move coming off a usable 80 base attack, or a weaker priority move but gets affected by NP if you decide to run it.

MAMP

MAMP!
Wow, it's really great to see all this recent activity in this thread! This is a meta with a lot of untapped potential imo, so I decided to try and revive it a bit :0

I've completely revamped the OP so it looks a lot nicer now, and I've also added a guide to the viable moves from each generation, which will hopefully be a helpful resource for anyone trying to build a team. As well, I've made some changes to the banlist:
  • Wobbufett has been unbanned. Shadow Tag was banned in OU and thus also in Genmons, and without Shadow Tag Wobb isn't broken in the slightest.
  • Belly Drum, Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, and Shell Smash have been banned. Previously, this metagame was just an offense-fest, completely dominated by powerful set-up sweepers using these moves, with only Topsy-Turvy Klefki to stop them. This is not a healthy state for the meta to be in, so I've banned the most abusable set-up moves in an effort to stop this.
  • Spore and Dark Void have been banned. Widely distributed reliable sleep-inducing moves is just unhealthy for any metagame, as anyone with experience in STABmons or Sketchmons will tell you. The fact that those sleep moves are in the two most powerful, versatile generations just exacerbates this. There are very few Gen I and Gen IV sets that don't benefit from just slapping on Spore/Dark Void, and forcing teams to basically sleep fodder a Pokemon every game just doesn't make for a healthy, fun metagame.
  • Unreleased moves are no longer allowed. It was a dumb idea to allow them in the first place, changing it back makes Genmons more consistent with other OMs.
If anyone disagrees with any of these changes, feel free to make a case in this thread! My judgment is not infallible of course and if you feel I've made an error please let me know.

Shedinga was introduced in gen 3 was it? hello endeavor shedinja lol
And how about assist? B Drum Mega-Mawile lol
Gen 3 is pure destruction

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Shedinga was introduced in gen 3 was it? hello endeavor shedinja lol
And how about assist? B Drum Mega-Mawile lol
Gen 3 is pure destruction
Belly Drum was banned literally the post before yours
Oh look serperior just got v-create
Oh look a useless one-liner commenting on something that has already been noted 4 posts above this one. I understand how uc got frustrated enough to post in the ANDFOM thread.

On another note Machamp looks very interesting. And yes this has been mentioned before but it is more viable now that Spore and Dark Void are gone.

Machamp @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sing
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance / Substitute / Ice Punch / Drill Peck

With the banning of Spore and Dark Void, Machamp becomes the most viable sleep inducer with No Guard Sing that sleeps through subs. It can use these sleep turns to set up a Sub or SD, and High Jump Kick Miss is no more! Unfortunately Stone Edge is a gen 4 move but it does get Rock Slide, Ice Punch, and Drill Peck for coverage.

Other interesting mons:

CB ESpeed Ursaring looks like a fantastic revenge killer, particularly as it can't be crippled by burns. Volcanion could still be viable with Steam Eruption/Freeze-Dry/Boomburst/Moonblast/Oblivion Wing/Mystical Fire (primarily for the utility). Mega Diancie gets Precipice Blades/Diamond Storm for better EdgeQuake and finally gets Play Rough! Spiky Shield is also a direct upgrade over Protect for Mega evolving. Special Infernape also looks great haha. Seed Flare/Magma Storm (or Lava Plume)/Focus Blast (or Close Combat if you want to bop Chansey and go mixed)/Spacial Rend is fantastic and powerful coverage with few drawbacks apart from accuracy wide lens confirmed viable. U-Turn, Discharge, Earth Power, Power Gem, and Flash Cannon (for MAlt) are usable too.

Last edited:
A couple of interesting mons:

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Recover
- Leech Seed/Toxic/Substitute/Thunder Wave/Psychic
- Leech Seed/Toxic/Substitute/Thunder Wave/Psychic

Access to a wide array of support moves makes mega or normal Slowbro unpredictable. It also has access to strong stab moves, although it does lose Scald. You can also run some sp. def investment to take on special attackers better.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Slack Off
- Wish/Aromatherapy/Will-O-Wisp
- Wish/Aromatherapy/Will-O-Wisp

Or

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Slack Off/Extrasensory
- Heat Wave/Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

Oh look a useless one-liner commenting on something that has already been noted 4 posts above this one. I understand how uc got frustrated enough to post in the ANDFOM thread.
Well pardon me for not taking time out of my schedule to read every post of a 7 page thread. I'm sorry for attempting to people on your turf. [/sarcasm]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Well pardon me for not taking time out of my schedule to read every post of a 7 page thread. I'm sorry for attempting to people on your turf. [/sarcasm]
No, it's the fact that you made a useless post that says something extremely obvious while sharing no relevant analysis, doing nothing but clogging the thread with a wasted post. On many gaming forums, posts like yours clog every thread and make finding relevant, helpful content very difficult. We are a competitive gaming forum.
1. We are going to find V-create serperior long before 7 pages into the thread.
2. We would like our thread posts to contain somewhat relevant analysis or helpful information instead of just being random stuff with no explanation.
3. We don't like reading irrelevant 1-liners that add nothing to the thread or anybody's knowledge of the metagame.
4. We refuse to condone people who come on our threads to post a 1-liner and then get offended when somebody says they made a shitpost. What you made was a shitpost.

If you want to add relevant analysis, play the meta, or just theorymon ideas that we may have missed and describe them (multiple ideas, not 1-liners), we will welcome you with open arms. That's how all of us got here in the first place. As long as you come to shitpost, we will most certainly not welcome you. We aren't assholes because we won't help or accept new players/players we don't know, we are apparently assholes because we don't enjoy shitposts.

NO--Pardon ME.

I saw this in the running for OMotM, and thought I'd try to implement it on rom. It would probably have been easier as a full mod, but I think I've got it coded as a format. Who knows, I might even have got it right first time, or at least so that it doesn't crash.
Cool! I know what I'm bug testing now :)

As a bit of a side note, baeloetta makes a comeback with techno blast, psystrike, work up, and blue flare. It could also run a choice scarf set with, say, secret sword over work up, or a specs set... While it's weaker than stabmons poryz, it's still very powerful and has a second stab.

Geomancy Hoopa-c looks like a monster- hyperspace hole, oblivion wing, and steam eruption gives it no shortage of powerful attacks, and that's coming off 150 spa. It also has the notable advantage over other gel ancients of being immune to extreme speed.

Keldeo functions mostly the same, but can now pivot with volt switch, smack the Latis with night daze/frost breath, and still keep secret sword+scald.

Geomancy Diancie might also be neat, but 100 spa isn't much to write home about. It's the only other viable user, however.

Talonflame returns, with its nigh perfect dragon ascent+precipice blades coverage, as well as other nice options like water shruiken, play rough, work up, and diamond storm. It really does miss swords dance and roost, though.

Mega Latias is still gods gift to balance/semi stall, with everything it ever dreamed of- wish, cosmic power, slack off, aromatherapy, willowisp, calm mind, magic coat, taunt- it even gets offensive moves. For that matter, every gen 3 Pokemon is a great team supporter. Yes, even shedinja :)

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
I saw this in the running for OMotM, and thought I'd try to implement it on rom. It would probably have been easier as a full mod, but I think I've got it coded as a format. Who knows, I might even have got it right first time, or at least so that it doesn't crash.
thanks so much for this urkerab!! ive added a link to this to the op.

edit: also i moved the resources to the second post

Thread is looking a little dead, so I'm going to revive it by posting a stall team I made recently.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Punch
- Aromatherapy
- Slack Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Heal Order
- Brave Bird

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Megahorn
- Spikes
- Milk Drink
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
- Moonblast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Surf
- Toxic

I wanted to see how well Dusclops does in this meta, and he puts in a lot of work as a bulky cleric, complete with willo, allowing it to check physical attackers for the rest of the team. Special defense is invested as my team is weak on that side.

Chansey is a necessity on any stall team, since it take on the majority of special attackers. Full defense to patch up its weaker side. I chose whirlwind as my team is weak to set up otherwise, and it allows for hazard damage to stack up. Toxic as a secondary form of damage. Chansey's normal typing also pairs well with Dusclop's ghost typing.

Gliscor is a tank and hazard setter wrapped up in one, with stealth rocks, U-turn when you predict that a counter is going to come out and brave bird that, while hitting very hard, has unfavorable recoil, and Gliscor has no other good stab. I decided to go with heal order over roost, as the flying typing can come in handy. Some sp. def evs allow it to take on special attackers better.

Forretress sets up spikes, which pairs well with stealth rocks and has rapid spin to get rid of hazards on its side of the field. I chose Megahorn over Iron Tail for the higher accuracy & BP.

My team is very weak to dark, particularly K-off, which Klefki offers a resistance to. Prankster allows it to spam parting shot, softening the opponent so Klefki's teammates can tank hits better. Topsy-turvy allows it to check set up sweepers. King's shield, when in combination with parting shot, allows the team to handle physical attackers much better. Full defense so Klefki can take K-offs as good as possible.

Slowbro offers helpful resistances plus another toxic user. Leech seed offers a temporary source of recovery.

Any suggestions on how to improve the team are welcome :)

Last edited:
You could always just press F3 on each page to see if there would be any similar comments, or ask if someone has already posted about the topic.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a Pokemon that can use both Transform [Gen 1] and Imprison [Gen 3]? That seems pretty cool if you can.

You could always just press F3 on each page to see if there would be any similar comments, or ask if someone has already posted about the topic.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a Pokemon that can use both Transform [Gen 1] and Imprison [Gen 3]? That seems pretty cool if you can.
Unfortunitaly, the answer to that is no. No gen 1 Pokemon has a gen 3 evolution, and no gen 3 Pokemon evolves into a gen 1 mon.

With the banning of Spore and Dark Void, Machamp becomes the most viable sleep inducer with No Guard Sing that sleeps through subs.
Why not Mega Pidgeot? Mega-Pidgeot is significantly faster (While Machamp is very slow, so I would skip the swords dance), gets 135 SpA w/Thunzard & Fire Pump to abuse, and has immunities to Ghost and Ground. The only thing Machamp really has over Pidgeot being the best Sing user is its HJK STAB, slightly better bulk, and doesn't take up a Mega Slot. But I feel like the reasons to use Pidgeot over Machamp outweigh the benefits Machamp has over Pidgeot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)