Genuine Authentic Happiness: Possible?

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Winning tight sports games (the more prestigious the better) have got to be up there for me. I've had a football (soccer) semi-final where we were 2-0 down at half time and end up winning 3-2 with ya boi getting a last minute winner. I played a futsal game last Saturday - last game of the season where if we win we get promoted - and came back from 8-4 down with 12 minutes to go to a 9-8 victory. Unreal.

Unexpected, free food is always great. In the summer it was Krispy Kreme's 80th anniversary and I got given a massive box of free doughnuts!

"Anyone up for a Domino's/KFC/etc?"

Picnics with loved ones or cracking cold ones open with the bois on a hot summer afternoon are great feelings

I think "genuine authentic happiness," as it is, has room for sadness. Everyone has bad days. I've been down since Friday, but I know exactly why--a friend canceled on me for a concert I was really excited about, I'm stressed to hell and back over work, and my girlfriend and I haven't had time to see each other in nearly a week.

But I've been depressed, and in my experience, depression comes from within. It's that persistent voice that tells you you aren't good enough. Happiness is accepting your faults and recognizing your strengths while also recognizing the weaknesses and strengths of the people you love.

As far as mood-boosters, hiking is the best possible medicine. A consistent all-day workout in nature with beautiful views and the quiet you can only get on top of a mountain. As a teacher, I also feel GREAT whenever a lesson really sticks, and I manage to engage my students who might not pay attention or are otherwise struggling. Getting that crucial scald burn is great, too. :)

When you finally get your dirty mitts on that shiny you've been after for months or years.

... Seriously, I'm still walking on clouds over my shiny Kartana and I've had him long enough to win a local competition with him.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When you finally get your dirty mitts on that shiny you've been after for months or years.

... Seriously, I'm still walking on clouds over my shiny Kartana and I've had him long enough to win a local competition with him.
Coming across a shiny by accident is waaaay more satisfying than getting one through shiny hunting imo

I'm happy when I dig up my books from when I was a kid and read them again. Examples include Frog & Toad, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and especially Dragon's Halloween (I dig this up during the fall and it puts me in the right mood everytime).

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Yesterday I got an invitation to a pretty well known new coming CSGO team. It was pretty exciting until a few hours later when I was contacted by one of my favorite CSGO Pro-Players about a Smurf team he's putting together and how he wanted me to be their 5/6th (sub) player. I took the Smurf Team offer. It's going to be a (somewhat) of a huge deal when it's announced who's behind it.

The only bad thing to come out of this is our first "Practice" is today against a fairly well known team and they purposely picked a 1st map no one likes.

Going into the AC on a very hot day
Playing a new video game and getting sucked into it for hours
Having a genuine connection with a good friend
Kissing
Doing something great in a sport/music/hobby after practicing it for hours just for that moment, and then having it lock into your muscle memory so that you can recall it and do it again without as much difficulty
Having a good hard laugh
Listening to good music
Watching a sporting event and seeing the team or person you want to win, win
Owning something rare

-Eating pizza when you're really hungry
-When you finish making a team on PS after like three days
-Having a fun conversation with friends and not caring about anything else
-Not being like me

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When i pick my kids up from daycare and their faces light up when they see me come through the door. Few moments better than that.

Reactions: BKC
That wonderful moment when I'm fast asleep with my door closed and some spaghetti with meatballs are being cooked downstairs. The smell of the spices being cooked with the meat fills the house and seeps through to my room, waking me up. So far in my life, that has been the happiest I've ever been woken up out of a sound sleep.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
met my attractive TA from last year twice in one day--and since he was a furniture major he was able to cut down some cubes I needed for a class project as well! Plus: free "barbecue" being held by the school that afternoon, so I got to have three meals! Lucky!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)