ORAS Ubers GeoPass Primal Groudon. BBQ Time!! (peaked top 10, 1680)

rmt.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Summer is coming back. Today it's hot & sunny. I have everything to prepare a delicious Barbecue!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEYYYY WHAT'S UP EVERYONE!! Antacool back with a whole new RMT!

First of all thank you a lot for the likes on my previous RMT PU team! I appreciate that a lot and makes me so happy to create for you a new RMT.

I'm pleased to present you an original strategy in Ubers based on a move that not a lot of players like to face, Baton Pass.
No don’t worry, Evasion clause is now present in Ubers and Evasion pass is a strategy that I won’t use at all ever. "thank you Antacool"

Anyway, this is a successful GeoPass team: Geomancy + Baton Pass strategy (peaked top 10 twice)
That makes remind to some of you on the SmashPass strategy, the only difference is that the boosting move is Shell Smash instead of Geomancy. The receiver was usually White Herb Dialga back in BW. Liepard used Thunder Wave. GG Dialga. Ahh good'ol memories...

Geomancy. The signature move from Xerneas offers a faraminal +2 boost in Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense in 2 turns, or 1 turn with the Power Herb. One day, I’m thinking, well, who could be the best abuser of this move? Is it really Xerneas?

And... I just see the S+ rank Uber, Primal Groudon. A Pokemon who is nearly always used Physical when Offensive.
Special Groudon. Ladies and Gentlemen. This beast has 150 base Special Attack and hopes so much to have more Speed and Special Defense, the other Stats are already so OP.
This beast isn’t affected by Prankster Thunder Wave, and doesn’t care of Intimidate.
This beast has a great specially offensive movepool, plus a sun boosted STAB Eruption.

So, imagine a moment a Geomancy boosted Primal Groudon. Just a moment. Don’t cry, this is utterly a Monster who is nearly impossible to counter.

SMEARGLEEEE??? I need you some help… You’re the only Pokemon in the game to learn Geomancy and Baton Pass. Here we go! Teambuilding!

Bread and Butter core for the GeoPass team. The Geomancy user and the receiver. I hope you like my intro picture btw :]

To improve the chance of making an Epic Groudon-Primal Sweep, you need hazards to break Focus Sashes and keep Pressure (not the ability) on the opponent with Taunt. Who is better than Deoxys-Speed in this role?

To help Smeargle taking a Ubers hit during the turn of Geomancy, and to help Primal-Groudon to sweep, I decided to use the Screens. Light Clay Latios is my first choice as it provides both Screens and Memento support, which make Smeargle's job easier.

HEHE, Him Again. My name is Antacool. So I use Liepard.
Seriously, I needed a reliable way to get rid off opposing Deoxys, or at least force them to switch. A Sash Deoxys-A or a less common Magic Coat Deoxys + Taunt variant can destroy my entire team. Fake Out + Prankster Taunt + STAB Dark move means you are scouted against these leads and you can improve your chance to success your strategy. He also helps against Mega-Gengar who can threaten to Perish Song or Destiny Bond my Groudon-Primal.

I admit that to rely on an alone Sweeper is a bit shaky. So, I choose another Sweeper who also greatly appreciate Screens support. A physical one with priority. YES, Extreme Killer !

SO. The problems begin. Magic Bouncers and Choice Scarf Ditto. FUUUUU
I just forgot at this moment that the not so rare Choice Scarf Ditto can copy my Primal-Groudon. That means if my Screens disappear it Revenge Kills my Pdon and sweep my whole team. So I choose a Sashed Dugtrio over Tios to trap the Ditto and hit him with Earthquake and Sucker Punch, and also the annoying Mega-Diancie. Dugtrio has also the Memento but I was forced to run the Screens on Deoxys S at this moment.

My next change. I forgot Everything. EVERYTHING. Those Fighting moves and Mega Khangaskan.
I had a too big weakness to Fighting without Latios. So I went back to my original Deoxys S set, and replaced Dug with Screens Self Destruct Mewtwo. The last one was chosen thanks to my great friends Desch and hyw. To reduce the Ditto Weakness? Air Balloon on E-Killer. Fuck Yeah.

No, the problems are still not solved. Mewtwo suffers from a 4-moveslot Syndrom. He needs Taunt and Screens, so must choose between Self Destruct to place the Smeargle (lose to Gengar), and Psystrike to deal with the mentionned threats (breaks completely the rhythm and lets the opponent waiting for the Screens finish with a psychic Resistance Pokemon, then KO Mewtwo just after that. Mewtwo is too bulky for a Screener .-.) Plus, Deoxys can't place more than one Entry Hazard as it is mendatory to place more of them with this version of GeoPass team.

My Final Version!! Finally I found after 3 weeks the response of my problem. I DON'T HAVE ANY MEGAS!!!
Mega-Aerodactyl is just priceless. Fast Taunt SR setter, Taunt E-Killer EZ PZ, 2HKOes Mega-Khanga, (almost) 2HKOes annoying Defensive Phazer Pdons who forgot Stone Edge, OHKO and outspeeds Mega-Gengar, Emergency Ditto, Ho-Oh, MMence check,... *o*

So maybe you guess why I took a lot of time to create this RMT. I changed my team like 10 times...

Presentation of the Team!!

images.jpg

Gas Lighter (Smeargle) @ Power Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Def / 32 SpD / 176 Spe
or
EVs: 136 HP / 136 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Baton Pass

Geomancy Passer with Antacool's based EVs Spread :p
Alright! Smeargle is my Geomancy passer as I said. The set is pretty simple. Put Smeargle under Screens (or on a slower Pokemon) and place a 1-turn Geomancy thanks to the Power Herb. Thanks to the gained Speed, you can outspeed everything up to Timid base 90 Speed Scarfers. Spore to makes the opponent asleep then Baton Pass safely the boosts to Groudon-Primal. And let's the fun and trolling begin ^^
Ingrain is for me the best filler, but some good moves such as Cotton Guard, or Substitute are mentionned from my laddering friends. Ingrain provides Recovery which can help a lot Groudon-Primal if it gets Toxiced by Klefki or if it takes a critical hit. But it is mostly here to ripost against Phazer! Some of them are Defensive Sleep Talkers and will have a very bad surprise that Smeargle anchors itself with its Roots when they use Dragon Tail or Roar. Also, Dragon Tail ignores Taunt so without Roots, thats basically GG for the opponent.
AH now, the spreads.
- The first one outspeeds Defensive Groudon-Primal at +0 and Choice Scarf 90's at +2.
Smeargle takes a powerful move up to Adamant Pdon's Precipice Blades on the physical side, and Life Orb Yveltal's Dark Pulse on the special side thanks to Screens, even after Stealth Rock damage.
- The second one outspeeds Defensive Yveltal at +0, before it can Taunt. With Screens, Smeargle can still take a Precipice Blades even after Rocks, but takes LO Yveltal's Dark Pulse only if SR are not on the field. This is the spread I suggest, because you normally manage to not let the opponent to setup any hazards with the Taunters.

Gas Lighter, because you need it to light on a very hot Barbecue.

BARBECUE (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Ancient Power
- Thunder
- Earth Power

OH MY LORD!!!
OH MY LORD ARCEUS!!!
BARBECUE IS SOOO TASTY!!!

This Groudon-Primal maybe already 6-0 you, one time. Yes, this is an absolutely disgusting Monster once it gets Geomancy from Smeargle.
+2 Modest Pdon has got a total of 876 in Special Attack. So imagine the Power of an healthy STAB Eruption under Desolate Land. OH MY LORD!! Just check these calcs!!

+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. +1 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias in Harsh Sunshine: 238-281 (74.6 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Harsh Sunshine: 459-540 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence in Harsh Sunshine: 489-576 (124.4 - 146.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Giratina-O in Harsh Sunshine: 444-522 (100.6 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD MULTISCALE Lugia in Harsh Sunshine: 306-360 (73.5 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lunatone in Harsh Sunshine: 359-423 (104.3 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Myself I was chocked that it just OHKOed a Soul Dew Latios :o
I took the best of the best walls to check Special Groudon-Primal, and THERE'S PRACTICALLY NO COUNTER!! Wait, Air Balloon Metal Burst Heatran The only few Pokemon who survive can't retaliate effectively especially with Roots up, but of course you need to keep Groudon-Primal healthy.

"But WAIT !!
+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time"

Good try buddy :] Did you forgot that Groudon can learn Thunder ?

+2 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 388-458 (96.2 - 113.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The surprise move itself. Geomancied Groudon Primal is able to OHKO its biggest potential check with Thunder, Primal-Kyogre. And this is the reason why Groudon is so disgusting.
Ancient Power assures you to OHKO another potential check, Ho-Oh, even without Stealth Rock. It also hits Mega-Salamence, Rayquaza, and Yveltal if Groudon-Primal doesn't have enough HP to abuse Eruption. Also, you can use this move to make a rage quit thanks to the 10% chance of boosting all your stats. Earth Power is finally the needed other STAB to hit Arceus-Rock and other Groudon-Primal. It also hits consistently compared with Eruption. It's also the cause of my lost matches VS Ditto teams ><

152 in Speed to outspeed Deoxys-S at +2 in case he uses anything like Light Screen before I hit.
252 in SpAttack obviously, put the maximum power on your grill.
The rest in HP for Bulk.

upload_2015-6-13_22-14-28.jpeg

Fried Wings (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The Underrated beast! This is my first Taunt user. Mega-Aerodactyl has a very good niche in Ubers as a Stealth Rock setter.
Standard Smogon set, you place the Rocks and you prevent opposing Hazard, Defog, or any boosting moves thanks to an Extremely fast Taunt (150 base Speed). It is also unique at Taunting and outspeed Arceus Extreme Killer without any fear to be 2HKO (bar Stone Edge versions). It has a so high Speed (150 BS) as it can get a speed tie with Deoxys-A and lose only to Deoxys-S, as both of them hate facing Liepard.
Suicide Lead role, nothing to say much. I opted for the Mega Stone for extra Speed and Bulk for hits like Extreme Speeds and Aerilate moves, and also a bit more Attack. The two hits form basically a QuakeEdge combo who permit to deal with the biggest threats of my team.

- Earthquake hits Groudon-Primal, Mega-Diancie, Rapid Spin Excadrill, Mega-Gengar, Geomancied Groudon-Primal locked on Earth Power (Ditto), Dialga and Tyranitar (hello Shuca Berry users I'm a beasty Aerodactyl and I have Unnerve ;)

- Stone Edge has a nice chance to 2HKO Mega-Khangaskhan. It also hits the Uber Birds. Ho-Oh who hits hard the rest of my team, Mega-Salamence (hits hard too), Yveltal (can greatly annoy Smeargle) and Lugia (for Ekiller I guess ^^)

252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 168-198 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 252-296 (55.3 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Salamence: 270-318 (81.5 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 150-178 (40.2 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

upload_2015-6-13_22-36-36.jpeg

Sausages (Deoxys-Speed) @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Grilled sausages and merguezes. Yumm
Standard Screens Deoxys-S, that I usually place after Liepard and Mega-Aerodactyl. Spikes instead of Stealth Rock, that I already use on Mega Aero. Its role, put the Light Clayed Screens for Smeargle and Groudon-Primal, and die. Or Arceus if I see a possible placement and want to keep Deoxys-S for later. Taunt to prevent as always Defog or anything that I described on Mega-Aero set, and to force the opponent to kill the Deoxys. If the opponent refuses to do that and switches out so I put even more Hazards, those pesky Spikes (hard to say lol)
Spikes doesn't really help too much Groudon-Primal, however help immensely Arceus to get more OHKOs.

upload_2015-6-13_22-46-32.jpeg

Meat Stealer (Liepard) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Charm

Alright, now the mascott.
Liepard has a crucial Role: Support the setters. He prevents the strategy be ruined by other dangerous leads:
- Sash Deoxys-A: has access to very powerful moves like Psycho Boost to destroy Aerodactyl and Groudon, Knock Off + Extreme Speed to annihilate Deoxys-S, and Superpower to send back Smeargle in its Pokeball. Fake out and Pursuit! Take this!!!
- Other Deoxys: Use Fake Out to break the Sash, then Prankster Taunt. Dark move to hit hard.
- Smeargle: Unpredictable so can win its matchup against Deoxys or Aerodactyl (for example Nuzzle + Sticky Web). Fake Out and Knock Off KOes it no matter what he does! Unless it uses Technician Mach Punch.
Otherwise, use Charm to reduce greatly the attack of the opponents. Liepard attires physical Sweepers like Groudon or Arceus Extreme Killer, just Taunt them and Charm until Liepard die. You can also make Deoxys-S or Mega-Aero's job easier because the opponent is already taunted and won't hit hard, or it will simply switch on this turn.
Knock Off is the best Liepard move and hits hard Deoxys. However Pursuit helped me greatly in some mind games against opposing Mega-Gengar and Deoxys-A.

God of Beer (Arceus) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

The most known SD sweeper in Ubers, with the worst item and EVs ever. BALLOON EKILLER, MOTHER OF GOD.
Nah I'm joking, specific choices once again. I choose Arceus Extreme Killer as my physically offensive Sweeper, who brings either a second chance after Groudon-Primal dies (so this is why the Air Balloon is chosen, for Ditto locked into Earth Power); or try an early sweep under Deoxys-S Screens. Max Attack for Max Power and Max def to make it's defense absurdely high with Reflect up, reaching 678 combined with 381HP. So Arceus can take way better moves such as Foul Play and opposing Priority Extreme Speed. He can also attempt a placement on a Primal-Groudon lacking a phazing move or Lava Plume, which is not bad because he's extremely common.
Extreme Speed because it's always great to have Priority in an Ubers team, and it's OP when used by SD Arceus. Shadow Force for fatty Giratina's, and Earthquake for steels and Primal-Groudon. I don't invested too much on speed because of the Screens and fast Steel and Rock types being rare, and Mega-Gengar outspeeds him with Protect anyway. EKiller always showed me utility.

What is BBQ without any Beer??

Threatlist:

- Threat Number 1, Choiced Scarf Ditto. Can ruin the Epic Groudon Sweep with a choice scarfed SE Earth Power, or at best severely weaken Groudon-Primal if I still have the Light Screen. Locked Earth Power means I can place again Mega-Aerodactyl or Arceus but it's still very annoying.
- Mega-Banette (yes someone uses it in Ubers)
- Mega-Gengar, who can use Focus Blast or Taunt on Smeargle, use Destiny Bond, or use a Perish Song on planted Roots Groudon-Primal. It needs to be forced to switch to not cause severe problem on the GeoPass strategy.
- Mega-Kangaskhan: he's able to boost its attack through Taunt with Power Up Punch. It's a big threat that caused me some losses and several team rebuilding .-.
- Genesect: Helps its teammate to avoid Taunt and ruins completely the Liepard strategy when used with Ekiller for example. He also has Iron Head to outspeed and KO Mega-Aerodactyl. You must be careful at the beginning of the game.
- Toxic Klefki: he's one of the Pokemon that can do something against boosted BARBECUE, priority Toxic, especially when its teammates have Fake Out or Protect. Can use Priority Light Screen too.
- Fast Taunt Yveltal
- Magic Coat EKiller. No true response to it bar placing Reflect, and even...
- Mega-Sableye: If it uses Toxic that's a hard time do deal with it.
- Phazers if you don't correctly predict what they do.

Other options:

Mewtwo @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Psystrike

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

I tried also offensive Arceus Ghost (helps against Mega-Kan but lets the team even more weak to Ditto) and Skuntank (Taunt, Defog and Memento, but not fast enough).
The threatlist is quite long so if you have any suggests, please tell me in comments :)

EPIC Replays:

With the final Team (Mega Aerodactyl):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-240010248
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239969275 // against Prankster Thundy + prove of Peek
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239968493 // against Mega-Kangaskhan

With Mewtwo:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-237252948 // a great match vs Pillow using Stall, the turn 17 was something I thought I could never do in my life o.o
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239248919 // If you like Marshmallows :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239518527
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239569186
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239512980 // against Whimsicott
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239515742 // against SD Mega-Blaze
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239525094
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239252559
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239274390 // against U-turn + Espeed and Def Yveltal
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239296157 // against Mega-Diancie
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239235324 // against Mega-Kanga again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239522044 // against my friend Henri using a strong Stall team, was a great intense match gg :]

With Dugtrio:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-237468296 // against Mega-Kanga
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-237501956 // against Soul Dew Latias and Toxic Klefki
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-237810814
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-237808613 // against Sticky Outrage team, see what Liepard can do :]

This RMT is now finished! I hope this strategy pleased you and also won't make Baton Pass or Groudon-Primal banned to AG, that would be a shame :/
Thank you a lot for reading this RMT and see ya on the ladder, maybe :]

Last edited:
Pastebin:

Gas Lighter (Smeargle) @ Power Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 136 HP / 136 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Baton Pass

Fried Wings (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Sausages (Deoxys-Speed) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Charm

God of Beer (Arceus) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

BARBECUE (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Ancient Power
- Thunder
- Earth Power

Hi Antacool and cool team!
I think you said everything in your threat list but for me the combo lugia+sableye is almost unplayable for you because sableye wont allow you to get rocks up nd it also walls 5 out of 6 mons if played well and then Lugia can toxic the don or phaze it out depending on if you had the time to ingrain or not so yeah this is the biggest issue I can see.
Kangaskhan 2 is very dangerous and mega diancie same with ditto...
I think your team struggles againt the the common threats of this strategy so It's not really awesome but still it's fun to use and that's what matters.
Besides I don't know how to help you fix it since I just made one pass team in oras and I don't want to reveal it while fixing yours so I want to just let you know that your team actually struggles vs common bp threats so you could maybe try to improve it or maybe another person can help you more than I .

Last edited:
Thanks Lord Outrage!
To deal with Mega-Sableye / Lugia (stall team core) my strat is to place at least 2 geomancies with Smeargle who prevent to be phazed with Roots and gain a Recovery to take better the Toxic damage. You need to well predict with Spore and if you BP at the good moment, Pdon sweeps easily this core at +4 even without rocks.
Basically that happends in the replay against Pillow :)
And yes Mega-Kanga is a huge problem, Skill Swap Deoxys-S can help a bit against the bouncers and Mega Kanga by giving it Pressure instead of Parental Bond.
I'm sure there are better ways to deal with it...

hyw

Banned deucer.
Je vais te dire un petit secret quand j'essaye gagner avec une equipe avec SmashPass, ou un autre equipe comme da avec le Geomancy superieur: utiliser SD GHOSTCEUS avec SD, Shadow Force, Brick Break, et ESpeed. C'est parce que maintenant, si je dois bataille avec un adversaire avec Scarf Ditto, au lieu de essayer sweep avec PDon, je peux essayer sweep avec SD Ghostceus qui n'est pas peur de Ditto. Si tu ne sais pas, vs Ditto, ton adversaire doit utiliser Shadow Force...mais parce que le Ditto est plus vit, turn un: adversaire utiliser Shadow Force, puis tu l'utilise; turn deux...LE DITTO L'UTILISE MAIS IL NE PEUT PAS TE HEURTE, ET APRES CA, BOOM, LE GHOSTCEUS DE TON ADVERSAIRE EST MORT!

Aussi, merci pour les shoutouts, je t'adore beaucoup a mon avis tu est le plus grand team builder! Et mon favoeite!

Dear mods: please don't delete this, I know very well that this is meant to be a primarily English-speaking environment but give us a slide this one time since the RMT's author is a native speaker of French and I stylized my post this way specifically for it to be meant for him to understand with the greatest comprehension in mind!

Tldr: replace Ekiller with Ghostceus since Ghostceus beats Ditto, so that if you are met with Ditto, Ghostceus acts as your primary win condition! An excellent replay to illustrate my words: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239658427

Last edited:
Yo, Antacool! Awesome team!
It was really fun watching you play this team on the ladder, helping you making it better, and trying to improve it. I was even inspired to make my own version of the team that had Espeon, Ghostceus and that epic Skuntank set in it. It is a really cool team and it is really fun to mess around with this strategy. You already know what my version looks like, but I think your variant is just as good. Congratz with your peaks and thanks for the mention in your RMT. I'm looking forward to what else you'll create in the future!

------------------>

Ditto Sux (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-241377565

Thanks a lot for your help everybody :] Following your suggests, I finally decided to replace E-Killer by specially offensive Ghosty, who can receive the GeoPass boost instead of Pdon.
Judgement and Focus Blast provides perfect coverage, Thunderbolt helps against Ho-Oh and Yveltal, and Substitute if I predict Sucker Punch and to absorb Status.

-He can sweep even against opposing Ditto who can just use Thunderbolt on Him, just Kyogre and Focus Miss can sometimes annoy
-If I decide to sweep with Barbecue, Arceus Ghost can check Mega-Kangaskhan who trouble a lot this team (watch out for Crunch and Sucker Punch) and other Fighting type Pokemon
-Prevents Rapid Spin

Last change :

Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
IVs: 10 Def / 10 SpD
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Charm

I dropped Liepard Defense IVs to let PuP Mega-Kanga have -1 Attack after he KOes Liepard and I spam Charm. 10 in SpD too, as Genesect would get the boost in SpAttack in case it doesn't U-turn.

BTW hyw I really liked your team :D

Thank you again for your comments and likes :D

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw
I have seen some of these teams work, and I'm not sure how yours has been doing but the ones I have seen work have 3-4 utility pokemon (rocks taunt tailwind memento encore), a great example of these is whimsicott, and and the smeargle would run cotton guard over ingrain so you can really get set up. The idea is that you spend most of your pokemon allowing smeargle to get a geomancy or two up and a few cotton guards, and then one-shot everything with your sweeper. Instead of using ingrain I recommend changing your sweeper, I have seen espeon work in ou, and to some extent in ubers, and using cotton guard + a sweeper with taunt, something like mewtwo - mega, that has a bit of bulk and taunt/recover so that it can sweep everything even if it doesnt one shot it. Of course you can experiment with a lot of different pokemon, but I understand that you have been doing well with Groudon, and that you can't win every game with baton pass, so you don't have to take my advice if you are happy with the team. Well done tho, awesome team.

Whimsicott looks really cool! I like this suggest. Espeon + Cotton Guard Smeargle is very interesting, but it needs something against Dragon Tail (this is why I use Ingrain instead). I guess a Fairy type is needed like Sylveon but that tends to make a full Baton Päss team. So yep, Groudon is still my favourite as a receiver due to it's enormous bulk and immunity to prankster Thunder Wave, which is not the case of MMY.
Thank you byron :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)