VGC Getting ready for doubles VGC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Many thanks for having a look at my team in advance. I'd appreciate any and all comments. Skarmory and Chansey are here because this team is for the new season where Isle of Armor Pokemon are allowed.

As you can tell from the line-up I enjoy stall... v.happy to have advice about changes. Happy to change Dragapult and Mimikyu if advised. For the others I enjoy playing them so they are likely to stay.. (yes I know this will limit the team but this is a game).

At a glance...
pokemon.png

In some detail...

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Shed Shell?
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Body Press / Counter?
- Whirlwind

I lead with Skarmory to set up spikes. I am debating between counter and body press but I have a fighting move on Chansey so might keep Counter. Roost is for heal and whirlwind to take advantage of hazards.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Ded / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Nice synergy with Skarmory when opening together. Aromatherapy is useful when Milotic's flame orb becomes activated. Should I include teleport? Not sure how I can get access to this move..

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Yawn

Yawn is really useful to deal with dynamaxing. Protect helps with yawn and getting wish off. Finally foul play is really useful for them heavily attackers.

Milotic @ Flame Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Breath
- Recover
- Haze

Flame orb to activate marvel scale for additional defence. Both scald and dragon breath are present for their secondary effects. Would Muddy waters be better here? Haze is useful for dynamaxed stats boosts.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Tend to dynamax Dragapult. Effective sweeper and normally gets off a move before anyone else. Choice specs doesn't limit me much because I use dynamax a lot.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

If not Dragapult then Mimikyu can be dynamaxed. Good wall breaker and can clean up nicely. Often don't get the opportunity to use sword dance but can do when enemy is a sleep or paralazed.

I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)