Done Give regs the option to whitelist users while using /blockpms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be a bit of an issue on PS where users can't selectively block pms, and have to choose between either unblocking pms entirely, allowing for random users to message, or blocking pms completely. It would be nice if we could selectively allow our friends to pm when we use /busy or /blockpms, I don't think I've seen this suggestion before in this thread.

awa

you lost the game
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On top of that, blocking pms completely means that bots can't pm me confirmations of rewards for winning games within a room / timer alerts.

/ignore ing a those users is a solution, but is very cumbersome when that list exceeds 8 users. Plus, remembering to take all of the users off when you're more free to talk is a hassle.

I'd propose making a /blockpms +, allowing bots/gvoices to pm on top of staff, or /pmblock [user] and /unpmblock [user], allowing a user to block pms for specific users, but still see them active in rooms (unlike the /ignore feature). The /unpmblock [user] could also work after completely blocking pms, allowing certain users to talk to you while the rest can't.

Reactions: kay

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Give regs the option to whitelist users while using /blockpms
For the record staff - to the best of my knowledge - can't selectively (user per user) block PMs either. However,
I'd propose making a /blockpms +, allowing bots/gvoices to pm on top of staff
This is already a thing, along with /blockpms ac to let only autoconfirmed users PM you.

e: @miapi's post: looks possible without much issues so great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)