Glalie Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODAN

Banned deucer.

Glalie may not be the best pokemon, but it is.... uh average!

HP 80
Atk 80
Def 80
SpA 80
SpD 80
Spe 80

Learnable Moves

So feel free to discuss the most bland pokemon ever!

This probably should of been saved for Dragonspiral Tower > NU...

Its a good pokemon in NU tier but im speaking from a 4th gen. aspect. As far as 5th gen I dont own a b/w but if abomasnow goes NU then it will fair well because some pokes with d/W abilities might be too advanced battling glalie. I prefer choice band Glalie personaly because it has more coverage and can hit harder then life orb but with its 5th gen ability moody I think life orb is more needed.
First of all I can guarantee you Abomasnow will see enough usage to stay UU for a very long time, and I wouldn't even be surprised if someone nominated it for suspect in the near future. In 4th Gen NU Glalie was by all means a solid lead, 80 base speed was a good place to be for a Taunt lead, and Inner Focus atleast allowed it to resist the full effects of Fake Out, most notably from Persian and Purugly. Even in what will eventually be BW NU, I don't think it will get much of a chance to shine, though. Explosion's nerf really screwed things up for Glalie, outside of setting up Spikes suicide was all he was good for. When it comes to Spikes users there are several currently UU Pokémon that see minimal usage and are very likely to end up NU. They're altogether superior options to Glalie in terms of bulk, utillity, or both. These Pokémon include, but are not limited to: Accelgor, Qwilfish, Omantye, Garbodor, Roselia, Ferroseed, and hell, maybe in some cases Eviolite Whirlipede.

Its a good pokemon in NU tier but im speaking from a 4th gen. aspect. As far as 5th gen I dont own a b/w but if abomasnow goes NU then it will fair well because some pokes with d/W abilities might be too advanced battling glalie. I prefer choice band Glalie personaly because it has more coverage and can hit harder then life orb but with its 5th gen ability moody I think life orb is more needed.

Moody is banned. Abomasnow, Kyurem and Froslass are UU threats actually, so there is no real need to use Glalie since all of those outclass him entirely.

Moody is banned. Abomasnow, Kyurem and Froslass are UU threats actually, so there is no real need to use Glalie since all of those outclass him entirely.
Im talking from a strict NU battling scene not UU but I agree and moody will eventually be released for play

This probably should of been saved for Dragonspiral Tower > NU...

First of all I can guarantee you Abomasnow will see enough usage to stay UU for a very long time, and I wouldn't even be surprised if someone nominated it for suspect in the near future. In 4th Gen NU Glalie was by all means a solid lead, 80 base speed was a good place to be for a Taunt lead, and Inner Focus atleast allowed it to resist the full effects of Fake Out, most notably from Persian and Purugly. Even in what will eventually be BW NU, I don't think it will get much of a chance to shine, though. Explosion's nerf really screwed things up for Glalie, outside of setting up Spikes suicide was all he was good for. When it comes to Spikes users there are several currently UU Pokémon that see minimal usage and are very likely to end up NU. They're altogether superior options to Glalie in terms of bulk, utillity, or both. These Pokémon include, but are not limited to: Accelgor, Qwilfish, Omantye, Garbodor, Roselia, Ferroseed, and hell, maybe in some cases Eviolite Whirlipede.
Haha you're rooting for abomasnow aww thats cute but no he will not be suspect and most people agree that abomasnow is a horrible pokemon and if you havent got the news hail has been rated the worst weather condition in the game thanks to smogon. So I seriously doubt that he will be suspect and im strictly speaking from a NU battling stance when it comes to glalie. But I will agree with you on the fact that glalie makes a great lead and yes explosion nerfed screawed the whole damn meta game up

Haha you're rooting for abomasnow aww thats cute but no he will not be suspect and most people agree that abomasnow is a horrible pokemon and if you havent got the news hail has been rated the worst weather condition in the game thanks to smogon. So I seriously doubt that he will be suspect and im strictly speaking from a NU battling stance when it comes to glalie. But I will agree with you on the fact that glalie makes a great lead and yes explosion nerfed screawed the whole damn meta game up
You clearly haven't been playing BW UU long enough to see the impact Hail has. A lot of the top ladder-ers have been using Abomasnow to success. The Pokémon itself may not over-centralize anything, but BW UU is chock full of stall-oriented and offensively-minded Pokémon that can use Hail to their advantage.

breh

強いだね
how is this better than frosslass? while one is in the tier, the other is useless.

The only use I can see is blizzspam (which is better done by a variety of pokes) and super fang (which is also done better by walrein).

You clearly haven't been playing BW UU long enough to see the impact Hail has. A lot of the top ladder-ers have been using Abomasnow to success. The Pokémon itself may not over-centralize anything, but BW UU is chock full of stall-oriented and offensively-minded Pokémon that can use Hail to their advantage.
that is corret I havent been playing in BW UU that long and I said that in the 1st comment I posted and I guess ive been getting the wrong feedback because ive heard nothing but horrible things about hail including it being the worst weather condition in the game

that is corret I havent been playing in BW UU that long and I said that in the 1st comment I posted and I guess ive been getting the wrong feedback because ive heard nothing but horrible things about hail including it being the worst weather condition in the game
In OU it is the worst form of weather. In UU however, there is no presence of perma-rain, and Sandstream and Drought are only brought to the table by arguably frail NFEs.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Even in NU, Glalie was pretty terrible last gen. It's only useful for Spikes, and even Roselia does a better job at setting them up. With Explosion's nerf and the general power creep, there is really no reason to think he'll be useful in any tier this gen.

My spider senses are tingling...a troll?

In all seriousness; Hail is a really powerful weather condition in UU. As much as Abomasnow is a massively underwhelming Pokemon, Vulpix is even worse and Hippopotas is arguably no better. Also, even from an OU standpoint, it's a bit of a stretch to say that Kyurem is a "bad Pokemon". It may not be too well suited for OU but that doesn't change the fact that it can rip through all kinds of OU threats due to its power.

As far as Glalie goes, there are plenty of good things with which to abuse Hail in UU. Glalie isn't exactly one of them. Between Kyurem, Froslass, Weavile, Walrein, and even Regice, there's really no reason to run Glalie when it does some job worse than any of these.

lolwut? Glaile disscussion. Seriously??? he is out-shined by just about everything. He was a gimmicky spikes suicide lead in NU in gen 4 and that was it, there's no way in hell he's viable in the current UU metagame. Sure Hail plays a big role in it, but really there are waaaay better ice types. In fact almost all ice types are better. Spikes is his only saving grace, but even then there are better spikers.

Please do not post a thread for the sake of posting. *facepalm*
Individual Pokemon Discussion - Unlike the main DT forum in which there are discussion topics on mostly every individual Pokemon, here at the UU subforum, individual topics are reserved for major threats in the metagame. If you plan to post one, it has to be a quality topic of a Pokemon that is actually relevant to the metagame (sorry guys, no plusle discussion). Last gen these topics required approval, but that's just a waste of time for everyone. Just use common sense when posting these topics.
^The rules of the forum posted by Jabba.

Glalie is pathetic, useless and has absolutely nothing over anyone. Froslass has the same+spinblock utility, Abomasnow can beat bulky waters and auto-hails, Walrein is virtually unbreakable and Kyurem lols at you. He doesn't have a particular niche to fit in, especially with Explosion's nerf. Froslass' return just sends him out.

tldr: Glalie sucks and still sucks. Out.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah don't be a dick when pointing out the rules and don't be a dick when someone points out the rules to you.

And don't post clearly meaningless discussion threads. If your entire OP is "yeah this mon is pretty average" that should be a giveaway that you shouldn't be posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)