move 4: Defog / Stealth Rock
item: Eviolite
ability: Hyper Cutter / Immunity
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake punishes Pokemon Gligar checks like Cobalion and Infernape, preventing them from freely setting up. U-turn allows Gligar to be an effective pivot, especially after switching into Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Celebi, bringing in a teammate capable of capitalizing on the free switch. Roost allows Gligar to consistently check the variety of threats in the tier. Gligar is an effective user of Defog, especially when dealing with opposing Spikes and Toxic Spikes by virtue of its Flying typing making it immune to them. Stealth Rock is another utility move Gligar can use if no other teammate is able to fit it into their kit.

Set Details
========

Eviolite is vital on Gligar to give it the boosted defense stats required to check Pokemon like Hydreigon and Cobalion effectively. The Special Defense investment allows it to switch into special attackers such as Hydreigon and avoid the OHKO from non-Life Orb or Meadow Plate Celebi's +2 Leaf Storm after Stealth Rock then proceed to switch out with its slow U-turn. An Impish nature allows Gligar to avoid the 2HKO from +2 Cobalion's Iron Head after Stealth Rock damage. Hyper Cutter is used alongside Defog, as Immunity is incompatible with it. If running Stealth Rock, Immunity is the preferred ability, as it allows Gligar to be a Toxic absorber in certain instances. A Careful nature with an EV spread of 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD can be used to help Gligar take on Choice Specs Hydreigon better without being detrimental to its matchup against Cobalion, as it can almost always avoid the 2HKO from both of them after Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

Gligar's primary role should be to serve as a slow bulky pivot capable of bringing a teammate into a favorable position. This should be achieved on a predicted switch or against threats like Hydreigon and Fighting-types like Cobalion and Infernape, which it can safely switch into. Gligar's ability to check these threats is heavily improved by its Eviolite making it bulkier. However, Gligar's over reliance on Eviolite means it must be wary of Knock Off users. While it can comfortably switch into most Fighting-types, a few like Mienshao and Heracross have access to Knock Off, making it so it must fear losing its item when pivoting into them. Krookodile is a Stealth Rock user with access to Knock Off to punish Gligar while also shutting it down with Taunt to prevent it from using Roost or removing or setting hazards. However, these Knock Off user tend to run Choice items, making them difficult to pivot into, so you should not fear switching Gligar in against these threats. Gligar will then be able to take advantage of them by using Defog or Stealth Rock to assist its teammates. Gligar should be kept healthy with Roost if it is necessary to keep multiple threats in check; otherwise, using U-turn to generate momentum or its utility moves should be favored.

Team Options
========

Mega Aerodactyl is a fantastic partner alongside Gligar, as it is able to revenge kill Celebi with Pursuit following a slow U-turn. Mega Aerodactyl also appreciates the free switch against many offensive teams, allowing it to fire off a strong attack. Water-types like Mega Blastoise, Empoleon, and Suicune work well in covering Gligar's weaknesses to Ice and Water; in return, Gligar can pivot into the Electric-type moves aimed at them. Slowking is another Water-type that checks threats like Entei and Mamoswine, which threaten Gligar, as well as helping pivot around Nidoqueen, which can threaten both of them with its coverage options. Slowking also provides a secondary Fighting-resistant Pokemon, taking pressure off Gligar and stopping it from being overwhelmed by them and the special threats it wants to check. Cobalion appreciates Gligar covering the Fighting- and Ground-types that threaten Cobalion and having the ability to be brought in safely against Pokemon like Hydreigon. Wallbreakers such as Entei, Hydreigon, and Mega Abomasnow are great partners that appreciate the breaking opportunities Gligar gives them after a slow U-turn. Mega Abomasnow can also check Gligar's weaknesses and pressure Pokemon like Suicune, Mega Swampert, and Mamoswine, which can all take advantage of Gligar. VoltTurn partners like Mega Beedrill and Rotom-C work well with Gligar on offensive teams, as they value the utility Gligar provides and the momentum core it creates with them. Rotom-C also appreciates Gligar luring in Water-types like Tentacruel and Gyarados to get it into a favorable position to fire off its strong STAB moves. Toxic Spikes absorbers pair nicely with Gligar, as the most common user in Tentacruel can punish it with Scald or Knock Off. Roserade, Toxicroak, and the previously mentioned Mega Beedrill can fulfill this role, and the former two can also pressure Water-types like Suicune and Mega Swampert for Gligar.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Twilight, 344575]]
- Quality checked by: [[Ark, 268102], [Eyan, 226777], [Kreme, 224453]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Eyan, 226777], [Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:
Eyan asked me to check, so let's get to it.

You don't need to do an Overview if you're only doing a set analysis, so I'll skip that.

Defog should definitely be the first slash; I'm not sure if SR should be a slash to begin with since Gligar is really busy doing things other than set up rocks, and has a hard time keeping them up to begin with. I never find myself using SR on Gligar due to this. Even as a defogger, it's honestly not that good but it can clear spikes (and tspikes if you don't have a grounded poison to do that) when you need it to. Its main role is to function as a U-turn pivot into actual threats, and the description should reflect that. I would even move U-turn up to second slot. Gligar is going to switch into Pokemon like Hydreigon and Celebi, as you mentioned, and U-turn into Pokemon that threaten them. ORAS UU is overloaded with threats, particularly these special attackers whose checks are mostly offensive to the point they cannot switch in directly. and Gligar is one of the best ways in the tier around them, which is why we use it. Either way, if the ORAS Overlord Pak wants Rocks on this, keep it, but idt it's particularly good at using them. Also, remember to switch ability orders when putting Defog first.

I don't think I've seen a Yanmega in ORAS UU since 2016, but it shouldn't be mentioned regardless. People would run Specs Tinted Lens, which 2HKOs Gligar if SR are up. Since Gligar is a horrible defogger, that's likely. The Immunity/Hyper Cutter thing needs to be rewritten obviously since it's mainly gonna be Defog. While the part about a specially defensive set allowing it to U-turn is correct, it needs to mention that this specific spread allows it to tank +2 Leaf Storm from non-LO/Meadow Plate Celebi after SR. While it's not a common set, it is sometimes encountered, and it's why we went specifically to this number.

+2 252 SpA Celebi Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 246-291 (73.6 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

At that, I need to mention we mostly just used 248 HP on everything back when we made this spread, because we didn't really care about checking whether something was truly divisible by 4 or not, we just avoided even numbers. with 252 HP, technically, 236 SpD would be enough to live this guaranteed. With the 248 HP we used to use, 240 was necessary. Maybe we should adjust the spread but I don't think the 4 extra defense would do much.

You should mention that the Impish nature allows Gligar to avoid the 2HKO from Cobalion after SR, whereas Careful has a a small chance to get 2HKOed (+2 252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Eviolite Gligar: 127-151 (38 - 45.2%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock). I would still offer Careful as an alternative at the end, though, as it avoids the 2HKO from Specs Hydreigon's Dark Pulse after SR, while this is a 47.7% chance to 2HKO with SR up vs the Impish spread. Scarf Hydra also has 51.3% chance to 3HKO Impish Gligar after SR with Dark Pulse, whereas it's a 4HKO with a Careful nature, giving you better odds vs flinch fishing. Also, remove all mentions of Entei here; you're never switching Gligar into that mon because Sacred Fire + burn is a straight up 2HKO, and so is Flare Blitz.

Don't say LO Hydreigon in the Usage Tips part, just say Hydreigon. It also doesn't really maintain momentum as much as it generates it, which is a lot more valuable. Definitely mention Cobalion again amongst the Fighting-types it checks; while it's prone to getting flinched down, Cobalion is definitely the most common and most important Fighting-type it checks. Gotta revamp the part about Immunity sadly, since it's mainly gonna run Defog; the most common Toxic users right now are the stall mons like Alo, and balance staples - like Slowking and Swampert - anyhow, so I don't think it's a great status absorber to begin with. Gligar staying healthy is important in the early game but a lot of matches come down to a chipped Gligar not caring and just U-turning out instead of giving up a turn to click Roost, so stating that Gligar can do this if it is not necessary anymore to check anything should definitely be done. Krookodile needs to be mentioned amongst Knock Off users; not only is it one of the many Rockers that screw Gligar (since it runs Taunt Knock), but there are also many times where Gligar will switch in to U-turn on this mon since CB Variants lack a good switch-in on the kinds of teams Gligar is run. That said, if Gligar is important for beating other mons, alternatives may have to be found.

For Team Options, the first mon that needs to be mentioned is definitely Mega Aerodactyl. U-turning on Celebi into Pursuiting it is one of the easiest ways of removing it, and Gligar is a good way of setting MAero into motion vs offense. I think you're overselling the EmpGar core a lot, too; while it looks super nice on paper, it's really pressured hard in practice because the more offensive mons that screw with Emp (Mamoswine, Nidos, Krookodile) all screw with Gligar, too. It does help Emp with Coba, but that's about it. They also have a lot of overlap in the things they do take on. While Emp can actually be a decently good Rocker, right now, it is mainly used with defog as its main use is to enable Conk (particularly with Roar, which is why Sylveon has somewhat fallen out of grace), and Gligar doesn't really go well with it as you'll want a more offensive Ground Rocker usually. In short, EmpGar's annoying to build with.

Cobalion appreciates Gligar a lot, so it should be mentioned. Gligar can absorb many things that threatens Cobalion and bring it in safely. With Gligar being the defogger and the main Toxic Spikes user being Tentacruel, a grounded poison is also oftentimes appreciated. This can be the Beedrill you mentioned in the VoltTurn section, but it could also be something like Toxicroak or Roserade. They all benefit from having a sturdier fighting resist with them, too, since they're all kinda frail. Croak and Rose in particular are nice because they can deal with Suicune, although Slowking and Swampert are still annoying for them. Speaking of Slowking, that's another great partner; they also overlap a lot in the stuff they check (e.g. Cobalion), but Slowking helps in dealing with Entei and can soft check Nidoqueen and Mamoswine. Granted, these last two can 2HKO the standard physically defensive spread, but it can switch in on some moves at least. It also takes pressure of Gligar from needing to check Fighting-types, so it can focus on pivoting on the things it's actually meant to pivot on. There's more good partners, like Hydreigon (gets in for free and can fire off a hit), Celebi (deals with waters in exchange for getting a reliable exit from Hydra and a potential X-Scissor Coba), and Florges (status removal, good lategame wincon, actual Conk answer), but I think I'll leave it at this.

This may seem a bit overwhelming, but don't fret it. I understand this is your first UU analysis and ORAS isn't your forte, so keep at it!

Hey Ark thanks for going so in depth with this, sorry for all the work I gave you with me not being fully aware of the ORAS metagame enough yet. I have implemented almost everything you mentioned, apart from the 248 HP stat thing. But if there is a more optimal spread other than the one I was provided I can adjust this where needed.

If this counted as the first QC then it should be ready for another.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

I get the gist of taking a hit and then pivoting out with U-turn, but I'd put more emphasis with your wording on the fact that it's a slow U-turn against most offensive threats. In the Roost line: it helps to take on threats as a whole even with little Defense investment, such as Cobalion, not just special threats. Same deal with the line about the Eviolite in Set Details; it's not just about taking on Fighting-types.

A more specially defencive Gligar set allows it to take hits from special attackers such as Hydreigon and Celebi then proceed to slow pivot out with U-turn.
This line seems pretty redundant. When talking about the given Special Defense investment in the next point, you could just compress this into that and say how it takes on that hit from Celebi as well as being able to tank hits from most variants of Hydreigon.

My issue with the Usage Tips is that it doesn't feel like I'm getting taught on how to use the Pokemon in some points, and some of the points just seem to jump about. Even in bullet points, the flow should make sense. This might be just how it is because you write it into paragraphs, but to give examples of what I mean:

Even without defence investment Gligar is capable of checking some of the premier Fighting-types in the tier like Cobalion and Mienshao.
Yes, this is true, but don't I already have this information from the set details? You have to relate this fact to how one uses it, such as saying how you should feel safe switching Gligar into them for the most part. At the same time, you can do something like first using Cobalion and Infernape as examples and then make Knock Off the next point before linking the entire thing together, where the player would have to be more careful about ones like Mienshao and Heracross because they tend to carry Knock Off.

Gligar should attempt to set Stealth Rock for its team if the utility of Defog isn't needed. In doing so it can run the ability Immunity, so in few instances it can be used as a Toxic absorber.
The Toxic absorber part is good. The earlier part, though, is a little weak. If I have Stealth Rock or Defog on this Pokemon, I'm obviously going to want to attempt to use it. The part that constitutes a Usage Tip is when and in what situations. You had a point about using U-turn on a predicted switch, so why not link it to making use of Stealth Rock / Defog here? Or same deal of how it can use it after switching into a Fighting-type's moves? Not to mention this entire section can be linked to how you have to keep an eye on how much HP you need Gligar to be at to take on the threats on the opponent's team, in which case determines how often you use Roost.

Gligar should aim to stay healthy with Roost early to check threats like Celebi
Rephrase this. It doesn't check Celebi per se. It just switches in and pivots out.

If there is nothing it can check effectively then its Health shouldn't be prioritized over using U-turn.
More so nothing it needs to switch into as a whole. There's also the whole Defog / Stealth Rock role it fulfils.

Team Options section looks good for the most part. Just some minor nitpicks. Slowking doesn't really take on Nidoqueen with the standard sets (Sludge Wave 2HKOes after rocks), and AV is ass, which is why Slowking is getting revamped as well. Slowking + Gligar together can sort of pivot around Nidoqueen, though, to switch Slowking into an expected Ice Beam. I'd just categorise Mega Beedrill and Rotom-Mow under VoltTurn users because Mega Beedrill doesn't really pivot into much per se. It generates momentum in that sense, but it's generally coming in after a KOed Pokemon, a double switch, or on the receiving end of VoltTurn.

Go ahead and write this up into paragraphs after everything is done.

QC 2/3

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nitpick but I'd switch the order of Defog / SR and Roost since Roost helps Gligar perform it's main function better. Should be reflected by their order in the Moves section as well.

While this is the case, few offensive teams lack the ability to pivot into these Choice locked Pokemon, like Choice Band Krookodile, so it should still attempt to pivot in and soft check them.
This sentence feels like it's a bit out of place since Choice-locked Pokemon haven't been mentioned prior so maybe rewording it to something like "However, these Pokemon tend to also run Choice Band or Choice Specs, making them difficult to pivot into otherwise so you shouldn't be afraid to use Gligar to do so." or something along those lines.

3/3

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GP 1/2

Be sure to use American spelling instead of British spelling in the future for analyses, as well as remembering commas in certain areas (Oxford comma, before which, before as, etc)
[SET]
name: Pivot
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Roost

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake is a strong STAB move that punishes Pokemon it checks like Cobalion and Infernape, (ac) and preventing them from freely setting up. U-turn allows Gligar to be an effective pivot, (ac) especially after switching into Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Celebi, to get bringing in a teammate capable of capitalizing on the free switch. Roost provides Gligar with reliable recovery which allows it Gligar to consistently check the variety of threats in the tier. Gligar is an effective user of Defog to remove hazards for its team, especially when dealing with opposing Spikes and Toxic Spikes by virtue of its Flying-typing (remove hyphen) making it immune to them their residual damage. Stealth Rock is another utility move Gligar can use if no other teammate it is able to compress it onto their kit (maybe change this to "fit it into theire moveset"; sounds a little odd rn).

Set Details
========

Eviolite is vital on Gligar to give it the boosted defence defense stats required to check Pokemon like Hydreigon and Cobalion effectively. The Special Defence Defense investment allows it to switch into special attackers such as Hydreigon and avoid the OHKO from non-Life Orb or Meadow Plate Celebi's +2 Leaf Storm from a non-Life Orb or Meadow Plate Celebi after Stealth Rock, then proceed to switch out with its slow U-turn out. An Impish nature allows Gligar to avoid the 2HKO from +2 Cobalion's Iron Head after Stealth Rock damage. Hyper Cutter is used alongside Defog, (ac) as the ability Immunity is incompatible with it. If running Stealth Rock, (ac) then Immunity is the preferred ability, as it allows Gligar to be a Toxic absorber in certain instances. A Careful nature with an the given (you're giving it now) EV spread of 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD can be used to help it take on Choice Specs Hydreigon better without detrimenting being detrimental to (deteriment isn't a verb; it's a noun) its matchup against Cobalion, (ac) as it can almost always avoid the 2HKO from both of them after Stealth Rock. (add period)

Usage Tips
========

Gligar's primary role should be to serve as a slow bulky pivot capable of bringing a teammate into a favourable favorable position. This should be achieved on a predicted switch or against special threats like Hydreigon and Fighting-types (add hyphen) like Cobalion and Infernape, which it can safely switch into. Gligar's (add apostrophe) ability to check these threats is heavily improved by its access to Eviolite making it bulkier. However, Gligar's (add apostrophe) over-reliance (remove hyphen) on Eviolite means it must be weary wary of Knock Off users. While it can comfortably switch into most Fighting-types, a few like Mienshao and Heracross have access to Knock Off, (ac) making it so it must fear losing its item when pivoting into them. Krookodile is a Stealth Rock user with access to Knock Off to punish Gligar, (rc) while also shutting it down with Taunt to prevent it from using Roost or removing/setting removing or setting hazards. However, these Pokemon Knock Off users tend to run Choice-items (remove hyphen), making them difficult to pivot into so you shouldn't should not fear switching Gligar in against these threats. Gligar should take advantage of its ability to switch into a number of these threats will then be able to take advantage by using the utility moves it has access to, being Defog or Stealth Rock to assist its teammates. Gligar should be kept healthy with Roost if it is necessary to keep multiple threats in check,; (comma -> semicolon) otherwise, (ac) using U-turn to generate momentum or using its utility moves should be favoured favored over prioritizing its health.

Team Options
========

Mega Aerodactyl is a fantastic partner alongside Gligar, as it is able to revenge kill Celebi with Pursuit appreciates it getting following a slow U-turn off against Celebi for Mega Aerodactyl to revenge kill it with Pursuit. Mega Aerodactyl also appreciates the free switch-in against many offensive teams to help allow it to fire off a strong hit (help gives a different connotation). Water-types like Mega Blastoise, Empoleon, (ac) and Suicune work well as they in covering Gligar's (add apostrophe) weaknesses to Ice- and Water-types; in return, (ac) Gligar can pivot into the Electric-type moves aimed at them. Slowking is another Water-type which that checks threats like Entei and Mamoswine, (ac) which threaten Gligar, as well as helping (use -ing form of a verb after "as well as") pivot around Nidoqueen, (ac) which can threaten both of them with its coverage options. Slowking also provides a secondary Fighting-resistant (add hyphen) Pokemon, (ac) which takes taking pressure off Gligar and stopping it from being overwhelmed by them and the special threats it wants to check. Cobalion appreciates Gligar covering the Fighting- and Ground-types that threaten Cobalion and having the ability to bring it be brought in safely against Pokemon like Hydreigon. Wallbreakers such as Entei, Hydreigon, (ac) and Mega Abomasnow are great partners that appreciate the breaking opportunities Gligar gives them after a slow U-turn. Mega Abomasnow can also check Gligar's (add apostrophe) weaknesses and pressure Pokemon like Suicune, Mega Swampert, (ac) and Mamoswine, (ac) which can all take advantage of Gligar. VoltTurn partners like Mega Beedrill and Rotom-Mow Rotom-C (in analyses, use Rotom-H, Rotom-C, etc) work well with Gligar on offensive teams, (ac) as they value the utility Gligar provides and the momentum core it creates with them. Rotom-Mow Rotom-C also appreciates Gligar luring in Water-types like Tentacruel and Gyarados to get it into a favourable favorable position to fire off its strong STAB moves. Toxic Spikes absorbers pair nicely with Gligar, as the most common user being in Tentacruel can punish it with Scald (or Knock Off?). Roserade, Toxicroak, (ac) and the previously mentioned Mega Beedrill can fulfill this role, while the former two also pressure Water-types like Suicune and Mega Swampert for Gligar.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[SET]
name: Pivot
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Roost

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake punishes Pokemon it Gligar checks like Cobalion and Infernape, preventing them from freely setting up. U-turn allows Gligar to be an effective pivot, especially after switching into Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Celebi, bringing in a teammate capable of capitalizing on the free switch. Roost allows Gligar to consistently check the variety of threats in the tier. Gligar is an effective user of Defog, especially when dealing with opposing Spikes and Toxic Spikes by virtue of its Flying typing making it immune to them. Stealth Rock is another utility move Gligar can use if no other teammate is able to fit it into their kit.

Set Details
========

Eviolite is vital on Gligar to give it the boosted defense stats required to check Pokemon like Hydreigon and Cobalion effectively. The Special Defense investment allows it to switch into special attackers such as Hydreigon and avoid the OHKO from non-Life Orb or Meadow Plate Celebi's +2 Leaf Storm after Stealth Rock, (RC) then proceed to switch out with its slow U-turn. An Impish nature allows Gligar to avoid the 2HKO from +2 Cobalion's Iron Head after Stealth Rock damage. Hyper Cutter is used alongside Defog, (AC) as the ability Immunity is incompatible with it. If running Stealth Rock, Immunity is the preferred ability, as it allows Gligar to be a Toxic absorber in certain instances. A Careful nature with an EV spread of 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD can be used to help it Gligar take on Choice Specs Hydreigon better without being detrimental too its matchup against Cobalion, as it can almost always avoid the 2HKO from both of them after Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

Gligar's primary role should be to serve as a slow bulky pivot capable of bringing a teammate into a favorable position. This should be achieved on a predicted switch or against threats like Hydreigon and Fighting-types like Cobalion and Infernape, which it can safely switch into. Gligar's ability to check these threats is heavily improved by its Eviolite making it bulkier. However, Gligar's over reliance on Eviolite means it must be wary of Knock Off users. While it can comfortably switch into most Fighting-types, a few like Mienshao and Heracross have access to Knock Off, making it so it must fear losing its item when pivoting into them. Krookodile is a Stealth Rock user with access to Knock Off to punish Gligar while also shutting it down with Taunt to prevent it from using Roost or removing or setting hazards. However, these Knock Off user tend to run Choice items, making them difficult to pivot into, (AC) so you should not fear switching Gligar in against these threats. Gligar will then be able to take advantage of them by using Defog or Stealth Rock to assist its teammates. Gligar should be kept healthy with Roost if it is necessary to keep multiple threats in check; otherwise, using U-turn to generate momentum or using its utility moves should be favored.

Team Options
========

Mega Aerodactyl is a fantastic partner alongside Gligar, as it is able to revenge kill Celebi with Pursuit following a slow U-turn. Mega Aerodactyl also appreciates the free switch against many offensive teams, (AC) allowing to allow it to fire off a strong attack. Water-types like Mega Blastoise, Empoleon, and Suicune work well in covering Gligar's weaknesses to Ice and Water; in return, Gligar can pivot into the Electric-type moves aimed at them. Slowking is another Water-type that checks threats like Entei and Mamoswine, which threaten Gligar, as well as helping pivot around Nidoqueen, which can threaten both of them with its coverage options. Slowking also provides a secondary Fighting-resistant Pokemon, taking pressure off Gligar and stopping it from being overwhelmed by them and the special threats it wants to check. Cobalion appreciates Gligar covering the Fighting- and Ground-types that threaten Cobalion and having the ability to be brought in safely against Pokemon like Hydreigon. Wallbreakers such as Entei, Hydreigon, and Mega Abomasnow are great partners that appreciate the breaking opportunities Gligar gives them after a slow U-turn. Mega Abomasnow can also check Gligar's weaknesses and pressure Pokemon like Suicune, Mega Swampert, and Mamoswine, (AC) which can all take advantage of Gligar. VoltTurn partners like Mega Beedrill and Rotom-C work well with Gligar on offensive teams, as they value the utility Gligar provides and the momentum core it creates with them. Rotom-C also appreciates Gligar luring in Water-types like Tentacruel and Gyarados to get it into a favorable position to fire off its strong STAB moves. Toxic Spikes absorbers pair nicely with Gligar, as the most common user in Tentacruel can punish it with Scald or Knock Off. Roserade, Toxicroak, and the previously mentioned Mega Beedrill can fulfill this role, while and the former two can also pressure Water-types like Suicune and Mega Swampert for Gligar.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Eyan, 226777], [, ]]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)