Gliscor (QC 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Gliscor is one of the best and most common Pokemon to find in the tier due to its bulk, typing and utility allowing it to have key immunities and resistances to Spikes, Electric-type moves, Fighting-types moves and status thanks to Poison Heal. Sand teams will usually need a bulky backbone to their frailer offensive weapons, and Gliscor is able to meet the needs of those sorts of teams. Utility Stealth Rock sets are able to reliably keep hazards up against users of Rapid Spin while being an excellent pivot or generally annoying with Knock Off and U-turn while consistently finding a way onto the field by entering against Tyranitar, defensive Heatran and Jirachi. Swords Dance makes Gliscor an incredibly bulky wallbreaker which can break down opposing defensive cores while still remaining an important defensive piece of a team. However, Gliscor’s general passivity, especially without U-turn means that strong or bulky wallbreakers like Garchomp, Dragonite, Reuniclus and Cloyster will find free entry to pressure Gliscor and its team. Its attacks also bounce off of anything with decent bulk. Being bait for Taunt from Jellicent and Custap Skarmory also isn’t good. Both of Gliscor’s sets share similar checks, so counterplay is pretty straight up against it. Landorus-T also is direct competition as it shares the same typing as Gliscor, while having a better Speed tier thanks to different EV spreads in tandem with the ability to directly fight Skarmory thanks to a sky high Attack stat, Swords Dance and a Fighting Gem-boosted Superpower.

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Protect
move 4: Knock Off / U-turn
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish
evs: 244 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Gliscor makes for an exceptional user of Stealth Rock as it's able to repeatedly set up the move over the course of a game thanks to its bulk and favorable matchup against two of the three common spinners in the metagame, Tentacruel and Excadrill. It also does well against opposing Stealth Rock users like Ferrothorn and Jirachi since everything aforementioned is pressured by its powerful STAB. Protect allows Gliscor to scout for which moves choice users will lock themselves into, but more importantly, it freely lets Gliscor heal an eighth of its health via Poison Heal. It also allows Gliscor to check for more uncommon moves such as Ice Beam from a Tyranitar with Choice Scarf, or Hidden Power Ice from Alakazam or Reuniclus. If the Toxic Orb hasn't been activated yet, Protect also allows it to trigger safely at the end of the turn.

The fourth moveslot is a bit more open to change. Knock Off, is useful in a longer game, where the chip from Stealth Rock adds up. Its ability to remove the items of its opponents is felt the most when those reliant on Leftovers for recovery, like Landorus-T or Ferrothorn are now unable to check Gliscor or a teammate of its, like Latios, when hazards are on the field. U-turn is a viable alternative, as pivoting out is very important in a fast paced metagame. Chipping Latios, Reuniclus and Alakazam is very important, and being able to follow it up with Pursuit from its common teammate Tyranitar is another major boon, especially since Alakazam's Focus Sash will be useless if it's hit by U-turn. It also takes advantage of switches, allowing Gliscor to send in something that can sit on or threaten out whatever switches in.

Set Details
========
This set offers security against physical attackers like Excadrill, Scizor and Garchomp. Most notably, it is not 2HKO'd by Adamant Sand Force Excadrill's Iron Head after Stealth Rock and is overwhelmingly likely to not be knocked out by two Outrages from Garchomp.

A specially defensive set using the same moves with a spread of 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD with a Careful nature offers better security against some special attackers in the tier. With the Careful set, Gliscor will always survive Alakazam's Hidden Power Ice and Choice Specs Latios's Surf from full health. U-turn is best used on this, as pivoting out into a user of Pursuit after taking a hit is much more preferred than removing an item, especially since Alakazam’s Focus Sash will be broken if it’s hit.

Team Options
========
Stealth Rock Gliscor is best used on sand balance teams where chip damage is most important for its offensive teammates to wallbreak and/or clean up in games. As such, sand and Spikes are necessary partners defensively for Gliscor. In the case of Spikes, either Ferrothorn or Skarmory serve as excellent users of the move. Ferrothorn freely comes in on many common Pokemon found on rain teams, like Politoed, Tentacruel and Latios while also carrying Knock Off to play the long game with Gliscor. Skarmory is able to come in freely against Alakazam and Latios and offers more security against physical wallbreakers like Garchomp and Dragonite thanks to its great defensive typing, Whirlwind and instant reliable recovery with Roost. Skarmory can also add potential chip damage for physical attackers by using the Rocky Helmet.

Jellicent serves as an excellent partner for Gliscor when used with Skarmory since it can block Rapid Spin and spread burns and chip damage with Will-o-Wisp and Night Shade. An outright immunity to Water-type moves is the biggest boon, as this makes it a perfect switch in to users of Scald and offensive Water-types like Keldeo and Gyarados. It also annoying opposing utility pieces thanks to Taunt is incredibly helpful for the team as a whole.

Tyranitar is preferred as a sand setter since it serves as another switch-in to Alakazam and Latios and is better pivoted in than Hippowdon. It’s a more active support Pokemon than Gliscor thanks to its mammoth Attack stat and arguably better support movepool which includes Fire Blast to force damage on Skarmory and Ferrothorn and Thunder Wave to cripple anything fast that tries to come in. Pursuit is the most important of its utility movepool since Tyranitar can easily dispose of Latios and Alakazam thanks to the move.

[SET]
name: Bulky Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Protect
move 4: Ice Fang / Facade
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Careful
evs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Swords Dance allows Gliscor to become an incredibly bulky wallbreaker for teams that need one. Protect, like mentioned before lets Gliscor freely heal itself, set up the Toxic Orb or scout for moves. Earthquake is Gliscor’s main STAB move which becomes incredibly powerful when repeatedly boosted. Ice Fang lets Gliscor hit Earthquake immunities, primarily Flying-types very hard, while Facade is an incredibly powerful move when boosted by status and Swords Dance.

Set Details
========
Maximum Special Defense investment allows it to come in on weak or resisted special attacks, like Tyranitar’s Fire Blast, or the many Focus Blasts in the tier. As this set intends to remain on the battlefield for a longer time, heavier defensive investment compared to the Stealth Rock set is needed to survive more attacks. Poison Heal recovery is optimized fully, as Gliscor’s HP stat is divisible by eight.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A much more offensive Swords Dance set with Hyper Cutter, Flying Gem, Acrobatics and max Attack and Speed, better known as the AcroBat may seem like a good idea, however Landorus-T’s much higher Attack stat makes up for the Speed loss. Gliscor’s defensive utility is also too important to give up for this role. Giving a threatening teammate, like Latios or Scizor an Attack or Speed boost via Baton Pass might seem like a strategy, but like the AcroBat, the loss of utility is not worth it. Plus, due to BW OU’s Baton Pass clause, using your only Baton Pass slot on Gliscor when a teammate like Celebi may need it isn’t too good. Substitute + Protect sets, often paired with Toxic have heavily fallen out of favor due to the metagame shifting to Magic Guard offense with Alakazam, Reuniclus and Latios, the former two nullifying Toxic and the latter nullifying Earthquake. Rock-type moves to hit Thundurus-T and Volcarona may seem viable at first, since it can pair with Earthquake to create the EdgeQuake combination, resisted only by Breloom and some lower tier Pokemon. However, it doesn’t exactly do anything outside of hit Flying-types and Volcarona, and the most common Flying-types (Gliscor, Landorus-T and Skarmory) are neutral to Rock. The former two are chunked by Ice Fang.

Lowering Gliscor's Speed stat is viable on the Stealth Rock set for a slower U-turn, however it is very risky, as some Pokemon, like Rotom-W and Sassy Jirachi can now outspeed and heavily dent Gliscor before it can attack. Roost is another option, as Black and White 2 has made Roost and Poison Heal compatible on Gliscor, meaning that you can recover about 62% of your health in one turn. However, Protect has much more utility outside of healing. It scouts for moves while healing Gliscor up but at a much slower rate.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Skarmory**: Skarmory counters Gliscor. All of its moves bounce off of it, and it can punish Gliscor for staying in by laying down Spikes and/or crippling it with Taunt.

**Mamoswine**: Mamoswine also counters Gliscor, but unlike Skarmory, it outright threatens it out with its quad-effective STAB Icicle Crash.

**Landorus-T**: Landorus-T can find entry on Gliscor and proceed to 2HKO it with Hidden Power Ice. However, Ice Fang or a boosted Facade can chunk Landorus-T.

**Ice-type Moves**: Hidden Power Ice and Ice Beam will heavily chunk Gliscor to the point where it may not be able to switch in anymore. Lure sets, such as on Hidden Power Ice Volcarona or Ice Beam Tyranitar, can remove Gliscor's utility for the rest of a match.

**Water-type Pokemon**: Gliscor will not be able to handle Water-types over the course of a game. While it can duel with bulky Scald users to some extent, like Politoed and Tentacruel, offensive waters can simply KO it with their STAB right out of the gate, such as Keldeo with Surf and Gyarados with Waterfall.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Most Dragon-type Pokemon can shrug off Earthquake and/or Ice Fang and set up Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. A boosted Dragon-type STAB move will likely OHKO Gliscor.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sagdiyev, 548404]]
- Quality checked by: [[Zokuru, 263906], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:
I don't think facade on non-SD Gliscor really accomplishes anything, if you are worried about Dragonite just run ice fang or Breloom wing attack. Facade is an awkward in between option that isn't very strong unboosted. Facade's extra damage against rotom just isn't all that relevant from a defensive set. Knock off is really good because you can cripple basically everything. I'd probably make the defensive set Earthquake, Protect, Stealth Rock, Knock Off/U-Turn/Ice Fang/Wing Attack. I don't think Toxic does a lot either, knock and U-Turn can at least annoy Reuniclus quite a bit. There's not a whole lot to actually toxic stall either, and most of the stuff that you can is severely crippled by knock anyways and the combinaton of knock, sand, and hazards is enough to wear them down pretty quickly (Landorus, Rotom, etc.) U-Turn is momentum, Ice Fang or Wing Attack are checks for Dragonite/Garchomp/Landorus and Breloom respectively. Wing attack does marginally more to Volc too, which is something. This is definitely the first set in my opinion, but swords dance is also pretty good with Earthquake, Protect, Swords Dance, Facade or Ice Fang (or wing attack even). There might be a niche for a full on stall set with substitute or taunt or whatever, and acrobat is sort of usable if you believe but I'd imagine they don't deserve full sets.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, not QC but a few things I thought were worth mentioning.

Like you said, Gliscor can switch into Volt Switch (and WoW), but I'm not sure how I feel about listing Rotom-W as a counter because a lot of PsySpikes teams (especially ones with Jellicent) use Gliscor as a buffer against Rotom-W to pivot around. Rotom-W also has a tendency to die quickly so getting its Leftovers knocked is not ideal.

In addition, I wouldn't consider Politoed a real counter either. Like yeah it can come in on Gliscor to get rain up, but the name of the game with Politoed is staying alive so I wouldn't really consider it as part of my counterplay against Gliscor if that makes sense because it's usually just coming in to get rain up and going right back out as it would generally prefer not to take Earthquake (especially as Politoed are becoming more specially defensive) or Knock Off. In addition, while rain makes other Water-type moves stronger, sand isn't exactly one of the things that allows Gliscor to function how it does, so I don't think the way you phrase it is right, as getting rain up is more critical to the opponents game plan against Gliscor than removing sand is.

edit: might just be worth making Water-types a single section that also includes stuff like Keldeo that can smoke it out of the gate

Hi, not QC but a few things I thought were worth mentioning.

Like you said, Gliscor can switch into Volt Switch (and WoW), but I'm not sure how I feel about listing Rotom-W as a counter because a lot of PsySpikes teams (especially ones with Jellicent) use Gliscor as a buffer against Rotom-W to pivot around. Rotom-W also has a tendency to die quickly so getting its Leftovers knocked is not ideal.

In addition, I wouldn't consider Politoed a real counter either. Like yeah it can come in on Gliscor to get rain up, but the name of the game with Politoed is staying alive so I wouldn't really consider it as part of my counterplay against Gliscor if that makes sense because it's usually just coming in to get rain up and going right back out as it would generally prefer not to take Earthquake (especially as Politoed are becoming more specially defensive) or Knock Off. In addition, while rain makes other Water-type moves stronger, sand isn't exactly one of the things that allows Gliscor to function how it does, so I don't think the way you phrase it is right, as getting rain up is more critical to the opponents game plan against Gliscor than removing sand is.

edit: might just be worth making Water-types a single section that also includes stuff like Keldeo that can smoke it out of the gate
will get to this when homework is done

I'm gonna post for QC stuff but we on the QC team feel this will need a 3rd QC check since this analysis even after this QC check will likely need yet another look. Thanks for understanding.

Spikes, Earthquake and Volt Switch makes it one of the most important parts of a team
What kinds of teams? (usually fat Sand / PsySpam stuff).

Poison Heal essentially giving a status immunity means that it can go head on with users of one of the most dangerous moves in the game: Scald.
I'd prefer you mention Toxic since the Scald users of the tier will often be under rain or are just too strong for Gliscor to handle. Toxic is a much cleaner mention on the whole. I guess you can add Wisp from Jellicent or Heatran but Rotom's the best Wisp user and beats Gliscor so idk I'll leave that up to a QC 3.

Starmie (and rarely Latios) carry Ice Beam,
Latios doesn't really use Ice Beam ever. Remove it as an Ice Beam user.

Hidden Power Ice (or in Rotom-W’s case, Hydro Pump)
Rotom doesn't need to be in paranthesees and it itself can run HP Ice pretty viably.

It also faces competition from Landorus-T, who has a higher Attack stat and Intimidate, which bolsters the bulk of Landorus-T and its teammates. Even though Gliscor has a higher Speed stat than Landorus-T, Landorus-T will still outspeed Gliscor due to it running speed and Gliscor using bulk.
realistically u could just say much higher atk and ability to beat skarmory with fight gem spower, which is more relevant than the speed tier.

as it will usually take out 12.5% of anything that comes in, meaning that attacks from itself or teammates which might not be enough to KO from full will be.
Don't spit out dex info. Just say "Gliscor is a great Stealth Rock user as a result of its great bulk, sustainability, and ability to beat the best Rapid Spin users in Excadrill and Tentacruel. It also lets Gliscor support its more offensive teammates and accure more passive damage on to the opponent." It also doesn't help that the MGuard Psychics don't take any damage and there are several good mons in the tier that take less than the normal damage from Stealth Rock.

Earthquake, even while uninvested does at least 85% to standard offensive Excadrill which runs 0 HP and 4 Defense EVs.
You don't need to explain Earthquake. You don't need to explain STABs in general and it's just dex filler. Also, putting such specific calcs like this feels wrong to me, especially for mons like Exca and Tenta that can be quite varied in viable spreads so yeah. Same principle as speed creeping.

It also allows Poison Heal to be set up,
I know what you mean here but say "set up safely". The statement currently implies Toxic Orb can't proc unless you Protect.

The fourth moveslot is a bit more open to change. U-turn is the standard, allowing it to safely bring in a teammate to work against whatever came in to check Gliscor. It also chunks the Psychic-types Alakazam, Latios and Reuniclus for supereffective damage.
I do not like U-Turn as the first slot. It's a good move but not better than Knock imo. You should also add in particular that it brings in Suit Tar to trap those previously mentioned Psychic-types and that Zam's sash breaks.

However, Knock Off is a viable alternative which can remove Choice items, Leftovers, and other potential items. It also means that Pokemon not immune to sand which have had their leftovers removed will be losing an extra 6% of its health.
Say how knocking Pokemon immune to sand and removing their Lefties makes it much easier to pressure them with offensive pressure (especially good to mention for stuff like Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Lando).

Ice Fang, while having a measly base power of 65, heavily dents Ice weak threats, like Landorus-T, opposing Gliscor and Latios.
I'd add Garchomp and Dragonite here. Also, remove the base power thing and just say "Ice Fang, while having low base power..." because base power numbers are dex filler.

This set runs enough Special Defense EVs to survive Hidden Power Ice from Alakazam.
What do the Defense EVs do then? I know they're probs not for something super specific but just say what 2HKOs you can avoid or something.

Switch Gliscor into predicted Thunderbolts, Earthquakes and opposing Pokemon that can’t hurt it too much, such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory or choice-locked Latios at -2.
I'd add TTar lacking Ice Beam as well as saying Ferrothorn lacking Leech Seed. I'd also add to not hard Ferrothorn until the Toxic Orb procs since Ferro runs Knock so consistently. Also add Fighting moves maybe.

Be sure to scout for moves from Choice users like Salamence, Keldeo or Latios with Protect.
Why is Salamence the first Choiced user mentioned here? The best order for this would probably be Latios, Tyranitar (since Scarf runs Beam a lot), Keldeo, and Garchomp.

Beware of the fact that these opponents may take advantage of this set’s passivity and choose to set up with Dragon Dance and Calm Mind respectively.
What is respectively in this context? You don't even mention things that can set up on Gliscor.

Tyranitar sets up Sandstorm, which removes Rain and chips every non Ground, Steel or Rock type for 6% of its health. It also can check most of the Pokemon which threaten out Gliscor, like Alakazam and Latios.
You need to say how Tyranitar Pursuit traps these and add Reuniclus to this list. Reuniclus is one of the best Gliscor answers. Remove this sand dex info too, it's unneeded. Say it "provides more passive damage for Gliscor" or something like that.

Ferrothorn can set up Spikes and pivot against Latios, Alakazam and Landorus-T.
Say how it can at least pivot into some Waters and how Gliscor can absorb burns from stuff like Jellicent and check Heatran lacking HP Ice and pivot into Fighting-type moves.

Also since there's not a better place to put this, you should add a thing about Skarmory being a Spiker since it's super popular as a partner and acts a full-sale Lando, Dnite, and Loom counter as well as relieving Gliscor of pressure as a Ground resist. Also say how Gliscor keeps up hazards well thanks to beating the best spinners. Beyond all that, you have absolutely 0 mention of Alakazam, Latios, or Reuniclus as partners whatsoever in this section, which is baffling. Also, I'd add Gastro as a partner since it counters Thund-T lacking GKnot or NP, which Gliscor cannot do, and is pretty important on many teams Gliscor fits on. Even add Heatran, Rotom-W, Magnezone, and Breloom and Jirachi. I'm not gonna explain every single thing these mons do that make them work well with Gliscor but these are mons you can see with Gliscor a lot and it works well with for a number of reasons.

Earthquake is the STAB of choice as it dents anything which isn’t immune.
This is dex filler, cut it.

Ice Fang is the primary choice, as it will likely hit immunities to Earthquake for super-effective damage. Even with its low base power of 65, a Swords Dance boosted Ice Fang will dent its targets for heavy damage, while being a great coverage move alongside Earthquake.
Remove all this filler dex stuff and say what specific targets Ice Fang hits and how it works as such a great coverage move.

Facade, on the other hand is a very powerful move, having a base power of 140 after Gliscor is poisoned by its Toxic Orb. Although it is a Normal-type move, and as such is resisted by the many Steel and Rock-types of the tier, being backed up by Earthquake allows Facade to hit the metagame for heavy damage.
Same issues as the Ice Fang section, stop inserting unnecessary dex info and put more pertinant information.

Maximum Special Defense investment allows it to come in on weak or resisted special attacks, like Tyranitar’s Fire Blast, or the many Focus Blasts in the tier.
I'd rather you add stuff like Scalds from stuff like Gastro / Jelli, Scarf Latios Dpulse, and elaborate Focus Blasts from what. Also add a mention for Heatran lacking HP Ice here.

As this set intends to remain on the battlefield for a longer time, heavier defensive investment compared to the Stealth Rock set is needed to survive more attacks.
You have less Defense investment than the Stealth Rock set. Fix this cause I can tell this isn't what you meant and it was a writing oversight.

Like the Stealth Rock set, enter on attacks which Gliscor can shrug off,
What attacks?

instead of pivoting out or getting up hazards, set up Swords Dance to threaten out what’s in front of you.
This is bad advice. You don't always want to SD on what's in front of you. Obviously you have no hazards but you can still act as a pivot or even attack on the switch.

Do not expect to immediately sweep at +2, as this set has no Attack investment. It is easy to attain multiple boosts due to its bulk though
Good point but I'd add what you should set up on in particular (stuff like Leechless Ferro, HP Iceless Reuni, Jellicent, etc).

so do not be afraid to stay in on a strong attacker. As an example, this set can even take a Choice Specs Latios's Draco Meteor, or Landorus-T's uninvested Hidden Power Ice.
Say you can do these things in a pinch. The way it's phrased right now makes it sound like everyone should do this every time. Also mention a physical attack like Terrakions Stone Edge or some others.

and the myriad of threats in the tier
What is a myriad of threats? This is so nondescriptive.

The most important is Tyranitar; even if it can eat a Draco Meteor from Latios, Tyranitar can outright KO Latios with Crunch or Pursuit while Gliscor can only try to PP stall with Protect.
This phrasing is confusing. "even if it can eat a Draco Meteor from Latios" makes it give the impression that Tyranitar loses to Latios, which is not true. Why not copy paste what you had for the rocks section but remove any moves not on sd set and say how the sand residual helps Gliscor keep up pressure to sweep.

Ferrothorn and Celebi can pivot into Keldeo's Water-type moves, but only Celebi can come in on Fighting-type attacks from Keldeo as well. They both can set up Stealth Rock, but only Ferrothorn can set up Spikes too. Jellicent also stuffs Keldeo, while being able to spread burn and block Rapid Spin for a team.
This writing feels so slap-dash and rushed with how short it is and how it jumps around so often in so few sentences. Why are we making celebi so much of a focused on teammate that it goes over other stuff like Heatran, Rotom, Skarmory, etc. And why is the blocking of spin relevant here? For a first-time reader, since no rocks are on this set, it's confusing what the importance is. I want you to reword these entries in particular since they're so rushed (you can copy paste and tweak the Ferrothorn entry accordingly).

In general, both team sections need all the things I mentioned added / changed and have new teammates and such added to them (within reason, you don't need to go digging around in the B- and C ranks of the BW VR or whatever). Also mentioned it i nthe Rocks section but for this one, mention Zone as a partner for sure.

Giving a threatening teammate, like Latios or Scizor an Attack or Speed boost via Baton Pass might seem like a strategy, but like the AcroBat, the loss of utility is not worth it. Plus, due to BW OU’s Baton Pass clause, using your only Baton Pass slot on Gliscor when a teammate like Celebi may need it isn’t too good.
take this with a grain of salt since im not super familar with bw bp but feel like this isnt a fair reason to say not to use the bp glisc. You usually see it on fishy bp teams so utility loss overall means nothing. I'll leave is part to Finch if he can do a QC 3 though since I don't feel quite qualified to give you a full critique for this point.

resisted only by Breloom and some lower tier Pokemon.
Just say "only resisted in OU by Breloom." No one cares about Virizion or whatever and it's not relevant here.

The former two are chunked by Ice Fang.
This doesn't relate to anything, remove it.

A physically defensive set with an EV spread of 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 SpD with an Impish nature is viable; it lives two Stone Edges from Choice Band Terrakion, while the rest of the EVs are put into special defense. It uses the same set as the specially defensive Stealth Rock one. While it is perfectly fine, being able to survive some of the most brutal special attacks in the tier is more important in the current metagame.
Why is this in OO? Put this as an alternative spread in the SR section at the very least.

Roost is another option, as Black and White 2 has made Roost and Poison Heal compatible on Gliscor, meaning that you can recover about 62% of your health in one turn.
Why are we talking about Black and White 2? This isn't 2011, it's useless information.

Beyond that, I'd also like to ask why Taunt isn't mentioned at all on Gliscor's moves. Personally I wouldn't give it a slash on the rocks set but I'd put it as a move in the moveset section itself. And if you don't want that, put it as around a top OO.

**Skarmory**: Skarmory counters Gliscor. All of its moves bounce off of it, and it can punish Gliscor for staying in by laying down Spikes and/or crippling it with Taunt.
Say how Skarmory can get stopped if Gliscor is running Taunt and that Skarmory can phase Gliscor out to rack up hazards damage or Roost off any damage.

**Mamoswine**: Mamoswine also counters Gliscor, but unlike Skarmory, it outright threatens it out with its quad-effective STAB Icicle Crash.
It's a good offensive answer but it cant take a ton of eqs especially with hazards cause this makes it seem as if mamo is just better at beating tauntless glisc than skarm always. Plus, this isn't really the definition of a counter anyway. Also say how the forced switch lets Mamo get a free Sub.

**Landorus-T**: Landorus-T can find entry on Gliscor and proceed to 2HKO it with Hidden Power Ice. However, Ice Fang or a boosted Facade can chunk Landorus-T.
Add that it can also set up Stealth Rock.

**Ice-type Moves**: Hidden Power Ice and Ice Beam will heavily chunk Gliscor to the point where it may not be able to switch in anymore. Lure sets, such as on Hidden Power Ice Volcarona or Ice Beam Tyranitar, can remove Gliscor's utility for the rest of a match.
Add that Electric-types, Alakazam, and Volcarona (pokemon Gliscor would very reasonably check) also run HP Ice and make it unable to take them on reliably.

**Water-type Pokemon**: Gliscor will not be able to handle Water-types over the course of a game. While it can duel with bulky Scald users to some extent, like Politoed and Tentacruel, offensive waters can simply KO it with their STAB right out of the gate, such as Keldeo with Surf and Gyarados with Waterfall.
I don't think Toed is a good mention for stuff Gliscor can take on since it's bringing rain. I'd mention like Jelli or Beamless Gastro or something like that. Also Gyara is a really weird mention imo since it isn't really common. I'd put like Starmie maybe. Also, Surf isn't the only Water move Keldeo can KO with. You don't even mention Rotom-W here whatsoever so add that too.

**Dragon-type Pokemon**: Most Dragon-type Pokemon can shrug off Earthquake and/or Ice Fang and set up Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. A boosted Dragon-type STAB move will likely OHKO Gliscor.
Where are the examples of Pokemon that do this? Where's Latios and such?

Beyond these things, add a section for Reuniclus, Dragonite (if you lack IFang on the rocks set), Breloom (if you lack WAtk on the rocks set),

Let me know when you add all these things. I know it's a busy time of your right now in particular. After all of that, this will be a 2/3. Edit the title of the thread accordingly, please.

Last edited:
I have to qc reject this. Upon looking further into this, since it has taken a long time to QC and the QC team is already doing much more than it already should be expected of them to help someone else's analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)