SM OU Goat Users (USUM Balance Offense)

Certain goat user propellants gave me the idea to build a team around Suicune and Grassy Seed Reuniclus.
suicune.gif
reuniclus.gif
tapubulu.gif
scizor-mega.gif
heatran.gif
landorus-therian.gif

Ye this is the first team that I have ever passed 1.6k with, so go me!

IMPORTABLE

Teambuilding Process

suicune.gif
Suicune is a very underrated threat in the USUM Metagame, having good mono-Water typing, good defensive stats (100/115/115), and a great ability in Pressure.
This is the mon that I started out with originally, but I wanted to use something cool and unexpected, which led to the following Pokemon:
Suicune.png
reuniclus.gif
tapubulu.gif
Grassy Seed CM Reuniclus and SD SpDef Tapu Bulu. It's able to run the old CM + 2 Attacks set since Grassy Seed provides it with +1 Defense.
Reuniclus and Suicune are both Calm Mind sweepers, Suicune struggling to set up against Pokemon such as Toxapex and Grass and Electric-type Pokemon;
and Reuniclus having trouble with Dark and Ghost-types. They weaken each other's checks for each other.
Suicune + Reuniclus has trouble with Zygarde, Ash-Greninja, Electric-types and Dark-types in general, and Tapu Bulu does the job just very well.
I've been spamming this set on a lot of my teams, and it's been pretty efficient at what it does, so I'm not complaining. Grassy Terrain also allows passive recovery for Reuniclus or Suicune while they set up, and having them to deal with Heatran, Charizards, and Steel-types allow these 3 Pokemon to fit well together.
Suicune.png
RReuniclus.png
Tapu_Bulu.png
zapdos.gif
heatran.gif

I really got sick and tired of Bulu + Torn + Tran, which I have unintentionally added in on all of my teams.
The original 3 Pokemon has trouble with SD Kartana and Mega Mawile, therefore these 2 Pokemon were invited to be a part of the team.
Zapdos mostly laughs at Kartana (+2 252 Atk Kartana Bloom Doom (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos in Grassy Terrain: 445-524 (116.1 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery), and Heatran is a great secondary check to Kartana and can check Mega Mawile (without Brick Break) offensively.
Aside from the aforementioned threats, Pokemon such as Mega Pinsir and Tornadus-T easily deal with Suicune/Reuniclus/Bulu, and Zapdos can also keep these Pokemon in check. On that point, I figured that Fairy-types blew the team away, so Heatran was the obvious choice, as it also helps Suicune with Grass-types.

Suicune.png
RReuniclus.png
Tapu_Bulu.png
zapdos.png
heatran.png
gliscor.gif

Gliscor is a good rocker and a pretty good check to Heatran. It helps with the Electric-type weakness and provides a secondary check to Zygarde.
Having reliable recovery and being able to set up rocks is a pretty big thing in this meta, as Defoggers are common and a sustainable Stealth Rocker aside from Heatran, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, and is the main reason why Gliscor was ever on the team. It's also able to provide momentum with U-turn, and eases prediction.

Suicune.png
RReuniclus.png
Tapu_Bulu.png
zapdos.png
heatran.gif
landorus-therian.gif

It was at this point in time when I realized the team was as slow as watching grass grow (no offense Tangrowth) (Thanks A and prop).
I changed Gliscor out for Offensive Scarf LandoT (Thanks Eternam) and gave Stealth Rock to Heatran. Offensive Scarf LandoT provides speed control, Intimidate, and the ability to check SD Kartana and Zygarde more easily. It is still able to provide momentum to U-turn just like Gliscor, and able to surprise Charizard or Volcarona with Stone Edge, as Zapdos already helps with Defogging.

Suicune.png
RReuniclus.png
Tapu_Bulu.png
scizor-mega.gif
heatran.png
landorus-t.png

Both propellants and moondazing strongly recommended priority, so I swapped out Zapdos and brought in Mega Scizor.
Although Defog Mega Scizor has fallen, I think it's still a pretty solid option, and provides me a secondary Steel-type, still being able to check Kartana fairly well,
and has priority in Bullet Punch. Its access to U-turn also allows it to generate momentum for the team as well.

In-Depth Details
water.gif
suicune.gif

Suicune.png
@
leftovers.png

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- psychic.gifCalm Mind
- water.gifScald
- normal.gifProtect
- normal.gifSubstitute
Standard Vincune set, CM Scald SubTect. Calm Mind allows Suicune to turn into a bulky setup sweeper, Scald is a great move, having a chance to Burn foes. Protect and Substitute helps Suicune regain health from Leftovers as well as Pressure Stall foes and prevents flinch and status respectively.
The EV spread allows Suicune's Substitute to eat 1 Volt Switch from Rotom-W at +1.

psychic.gif
reuniclus.gif

RReuniclus.png
@
grassy-seed.png

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- psychic.gifCalm Mind
- psychic.gifPsyshock
- ghost.gifShadow Ball
- normal.gifRecover
Grassy Seed allows Reuniclus to gain +1 Defense when Grassy Terrain is active and Magic Guard allows Reuniclus to set up comfortably without having to fear passive damage such as Toxic or Leech Seed. Max HP EVs maximizes Reuniclus' bulk, 44 Speed EVs allows it to outpace Toxapex and Slowbro, and the rest are put into Defense to allow Reuniclus to be as physically bulky as possible. Calm Mind boosts Reuniclus' Special Attack and Special Defense, allowing it to serve as a secondary setup sweeper. Psyshock hits specially defensive Pokemon such as Chansey or other Calm Mind users such as Clefable. Shadow Ball hits most resists to Psyshock for neutral or super effective damage, such as Heatran and Mega Latios. Recover improves Reuniclus' longevity.

grass.gif
fairy.gif

tapubulu.gif

Tapu_Bulu.png
@leftovers.png
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- grass.gifHorn Leech
- normal.gifSwords Dance
- fighting.gifSuperpower
- grass.gifSynthesis
Bulu is the main Water resist. Leftovers provides it with passive recovery alongside Grassy Terrain. The given EV spread allows Tapu Bulu to take Offensive Heatran's Magma Storm, Max Special Attack Tornadus-T's Hurricane, and gets 4HKOed by Choice Specs Ash-Greninja's Hydro Pump from max HP. Horn Leech is a powerful STAB under Grassy Terrain and provides offensive recovery, further improving Tapu Bulu's longevity, Swords Dance allows Tapu Bulu to break through passive Pokemon and helps Suicune break through bulky Water-type Pokemon, especially those which are immune to Water-type attacks, such as Gastrodon. Superpower hits Steel-types such as Heatran and Ferrothorn for super-effective damage, and helps Reuniclus with the former and Suicune with the latter. Synthesis helps Tapu Bulu regain health if at too low of HP to Horn Leech or on a predicted Explosion from Landorus-T.

bug.gifsteel.gif
scizor-mega.gif

scizor-m.png @
scizorite.png

Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- steel.gifBullet Punch
- bug.gifU-turn
- flying.gifRoost
- flying.gifDefog
Mega Scizor is our Defogger here. The given EV spread allows Mega Scizor to be as physically bulky as possible, helping against Zygarde, Kartana and Tapu Bulu. Bullet Punch is a form of priority on the team and can pick off weakened Tapu Kokos or Greninja for the team. U-turn allows Mega Scizor to generate momentum for the team and eases prediction. Roost improves Mega Scizor's longevity and Defog is our only choice of hazard removal on the team, which is very important for Suicune to set up without worrying about Toxic Spikes.

fire.gif
steel.gif
heatran.gif

heatran.png
@
firium-z.png

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-
fire.gif
Magma Storm
-
ground.gif
Earth Power
-
poison.gif
Toxic
-
rock.gif
Stealth Rock
Heatran traps Toxapex, lures in and weakens Water-types and threatens Grass-types for Suicune. The given EV spread allows Heatran to hit as hard as possible while maintaining the highest speed. Firium Z allows Heatran to use Inferno Overdrive, which is a one-time nuke for Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus-T. Magma Storm traps Pokemon and deals 12% of damage at the end of every turn until the Pokemon is freed, Earth Power hits trapped Toxapex and opposing Heatrans, as well as a more reliable method of KOing other Pokemon than Magma Storm. Toxic cripples common switch-ins such as Zygarde and Gastrodon. Stealth Rock is mandatory on any teams and helps against Pokemon such as Charizard and Volcarona, and discourages bulky teams to switch around freely or force them to remove the hazards, which loses quite some momentum.

flying.gif
ground.gif

landorus-therian.gif

landorus-t.png
@
choice-scarf.png

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-
ground.gif
Earthquake
- bug.gifU-turn
-
fire.gif
Hidden Power [Fire]
-
rock.gif
Stone Edge
The man LandoT is here, and I doubt anyone with basic knowledge of OU doesn't know what this doggo does.
Choice Scarf provides speed control on the team, and an EV spread of 252 Atk and 252 Spe allows Landorus-T to be as offensive and fast as possible. A Jolly nature allows Landorus to hit max speed, although since we are running Hidden Power Fire, we will be at 30 Speed IVs. Earthquake does decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it, U-turn generates momentum, Hidden Power Fire surprises Swords Dance Kartana, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor, and Stone Edge catches Tornadus-T, Charizard and Volcarona on the switch.

Threats
Greninja and Ash-Greninja
greninja.gifAsh_Greninja.gif
These two beasts are dangerous. While I have Tapu Bulu for Ash-Greninja, they may bring Ice Beam and take @60% of its health.
Protean Greninja is also a huge threat, Ice Beam KOs Landorus, Hydro Pump/Low Kick/Dig threatens Heatran, HP Fire KOs Mega Scizor, Gunk Shot KOs Tapu Bulu and U-turns on Suicune and Reuniclus. I have to play aggressively in order to keep these 2 Pokemon in check.

Mega Mawile
mawile-mega.gif

Like most Balanced Offense teams, Mega Mawile is a huge threat. Since a lot of Mawiles seem to be running Fire Fang, Mega Scizor dies to that easily.
Although I have both Heatran and Landorus-T, rare Sub Focus Punch Mega Mawiles and Brick Break + Ice Punch threaten them, while Suicune never wants to take a Thunder Punch or Knock Off from Mega Mawile.

Magearna
magearna.gif

Those Magearnas with Trick Room + Z or Double Dance + Z are extremely dangerous to a majority of teams, and I got to say it's the same to this team.
Z-Moves deal a lot of damage to Heatran, and with Magearna's wide movepool, it's rather hard to play around it. Those with Shift Gear + Fightinium Z are exceptionally threatening, as Heatran dies to All Out Pummeling.

hoopa-unbound.gif
kyurem-black.gif

Because what isn't?

victini.gif

Z-Celebrate versions are able to sweep once they connect Focus Blast on Heatran (which always happens) and a little prior damage on Reuni.
Your only option is either to lose to it or play against it really offensively.

RAIN
Rain is big gay seriously.

I'm not sure what else that's all I've lost against tbh.

Shoutouts:
curiosity Thanks for being a nice friend all the time :]

propellants for giving me the idea for Suicune + Grassy Seed Reuni

@A ShinyUnown Fuck I can't tag A. But thanks for helping out with the team in the OU room :]

Eternam for telling me to use Max Attack Max Speed LandoT lol

I almost forgot replays again:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806273263
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806278201
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806344151
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806345612
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806348974
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806498467
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-807256166
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-807260860

P.S. THE HIDE TAG THINGY KEEPS BREAKING[/hide]

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey really cool team, but I would recommend a few changes. First, I would change the Reuni set to this

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
Calm Mind | Psychic| Acid Armor | Recover
This basically allows you to win against anything that isnt a dark type (not that simple, but you get the point). I changed it to psychic as it can still 1v1 chansey even with psychic and psychic hits harder anyway. It also allows u to to deal with threats to like Medi and basically wall any physical attacker w/o a super effective move. Then I also would replace leftys with grassy seed as next, I will be replacing Bulu with tang
Spr_6x_465_m.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
Giga Drain | Knock Off | Hidden Power Fire| Earthquake
This is cause ur team is pretty weak to scarf Kart. This deals with Kartana better while still dealing with the checks that bulu deals with.

Timid Nature
Magma Storm | Earth Power | Taunt | Stealth Rock
This one is a minor change, but change toxic to taunt. Helps deal with stall better.

Then Finally, this is just a preference, but I would like to change the defogger. I would change the defogger to Lando-T and drop edge while curse/SD scizor could be a win con

Hopefully these changes will help out.

Hey really cool team, but I would recommend a few changes. First, I would change the Reuni set to this

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
Calm Mind | Psychic| Acid Armor | Recover
This basically allows you to win against anything that isnt a dark type (not that simple, but you get the point). I changed it to psychic as it can still 1v1 chansey even with psychic and psychic hits harder anyway. It also allows u to to deal with threats to like Medi and basically wall any physical attacker w/o a super effective move. Then I also would replace leftys with grassy seed as next, I will be replacing Bulu with tang
View attachment 138417
Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
Giga Drain | Knock Off | Hidden Power Fire| Earthquake
This is cause ur team is pretty weak to scarf Kart. This deals with Kartana better while still dealing with the checks that bulu deals with.

Timid Nature
Magma Storm | Earth Power | Taunt | Stealth Rock
This one is a minor change, but change toxic to taunt. Helps deal with stall better.

Then Finally, this is just a preference, but I would like to change the defogger. I would change the defogger to Lando-T and drop edge while curse/SD scizor could be a win con

Hopefully these changes will help out.
Thanks a lot for the changes, I'll be testing them out and replying asap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)