Gods and Followers

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Last edited:
Hi, I am a MMX team and wanted to know if its was "Decent" enough to make the sample teams
and if its missing something so make sure you tell me:D

http://pastebin.com/xZ2NEru2

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1546 Here's a replay for Zekrom vs MMX
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1559 Mega Selamence vs MMX
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1564 Volcanion vs MMX
Why is M-Ray Unbanned?
If you add a description of the team and how it works I'll add it to the archive. Also Breloom should always be running Bullet Seed on Technician sets over Seed Bomb -- for two hits, you only have 5 less power, and 3-5 hits is objectively more powerful. Plus, it breaks Sturdy, etc.

I'll add the replays to the OP, thanks.

My reasoning for keeping the unban is in the last post. As a Pokemon, it's completely broken. But as a God? It definitely has some downsides that I'd like to see tested before I auto-ban it. I've only seen one replay, and the Mega-Ray team only won because of last-second hax on the enemy team.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1600 P-don vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1599 M ray vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1613 XErneas vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1636 Dialga vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1634 volcanion vs MMX

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
MMX is to ake out Dark,steel,flying types.Jirachi is a setter.Latias my deffoger and prob solver to dragon teams.Slowbro helps to status my enemy (toxic or Sclad burn) .Breloom helps me with Spore and then i can easily try to set with SD(Sword dance) and finally Keldeo my powerfull special attacker

And i saw Reptile's team getting in the archive without a explaination.I wonder how....

My reasoning for keeping the unban is in the last post. As a Pokemon, it's completely broken. But as a God? It definitely has some downsides that I'd like to see tested before I auto-ban it. I've only seen one replay, and the Mega-Ray team only won because of last-second hax on the enemy team.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me in the above replay

One more Thing!!! i have MMX as my God so how can i use Soul dew Latias as my follower???

Last edited:
Huh, that's odd. I tested the banlist on the on the old version. I'll try to get it updated so the five followers use the OU banlist. Until then...enjoy Gods and...Gods? (Gods and Followers Ubers Edition?)

Tagging: xfix, Snaquaza

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1600 P-don vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1599 M ray vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1613 XErneas vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1636 Dialga vs MMX

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1634 volcanion vs MMX
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
MMX is to ake out Dark,steel,flying types.Jirachi is a setter.Latias my deffoger and prob solver to dragon teams.Slowbro helps to status my enemy (toxic or Sclad burn) .Breloom helps me with Spore and then i can easily try to set with SD(Sword dance) and finally Keldeo my powerfull special attacker

And i saw Reptile's team getting in the archive without a explaination.I wonder how....

The same thing happened to me in the above replay

One more Thing!!! i have MMX as my God so how can i use Soul dew Latias as my follower???
I forgot anyone but me had teams in there. In any case, I'd prefer if everyone from now on has descriptions. The Reptile can add one now if he has one. Adding to the OP, along with the replays.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Huh, that's odd. I tested the banlist on the on the old version. I'll try to get it updated so the five followers use the OU banlist. Until then...enjoy Gods and...Gods? (Gods and Followers Ubers Edition?)

Tagging: xfix, Snaquaza

I forgot anyone but me had teams in there. In any case, I'd prefer if everyone from now on has descriptions. The Reptile can add one now if he has one. Adding to the OP, along with the replays.
Just 1 Thing Life Orb in place of Soul dew."Cause i cant have both MMX and Soul dew latias together right?

I played two times against M ray.......
I first replay was m ray vs my mmx team(it 5-0ed me)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1686 4-0 ed me

Just askin' How do some1 takes M ray teams?cause once m ray sets up its very very hard to save yourself
Uh. Why would your Yveltal stay in against Thundurus?

As for your question, it's very hard to answer because I have to breakdown teams a la Monotype (except for gods).

But because you use MMX and Yveltal, I'll cover both. These are what I thought, so it might not be complete.

Yveltal (Dark and Flying)
Burn it with Sableye (It's immune to Extremespeed and has Prankster)
Paralyze it with Thundurus, then wear it down with other pokes
Scarf Salamence with Intimidate (which helps it take an Extremespeed) then Outrage it
If it's the non-Fire Blast variants, Skarmory walls it.
If you can keep your field off from Stealth Rock, there's Weavile with Focus Sash.

Mega Mewtwo X (Psychic and Fighting)
Umm, I don't really know about this because both types have fewer answers.
Air Balloon Jirachi can beat the non Fire Blast variants by Paralyze it, then flinch it with Iron Head to death.
Sash the Lati@s then Draco Meteor it

Those are how to wear down Mega Rayquaza itself, not including teammates. In terms of the team (NOT the poke itself) I'd say Pdon teams are harder to beat than Mega Ray teams because Pdon teams have crazy strong followers (Hippo + Sand Rush Excadrill, Mega Charizard X/Y, mainly X poses more problems, priority master in Talonflame (which Mega Ray also have access to) and Pdon itself, which covers the entire Water weakness of its followers).

Anyway, if anyone curious, here's my Mray team.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Safeguard

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The purpose of my team is basically "how to sweep with Mega Ray as fast and as safe as possible." Latias is the main role of this. It has Safeguard to prevent Mega Rayquaza from getting Paralyzed/Burned while setting up, then Healing Wish for second chance sweeping. Mega Ray set is the standard Swords Dance sweeper. Kyurem-Black and Talonflame is the revenge killer and it destroys Zapdos, Thundurus and possibly Skarmory that resist Dragon Ascent. Thundurus is to prevent opposing god from sweeping and it can serve as a Special Sweeper. Skarmory is for Stealth Rock support and the only user of Toxic while walling opposing physical attackers. If you can keep Stealth Rock off the field, you'll have an easier time to sweep.

Added your team to the archive.

I have to ask, though, how often do you find yourself using Safeguard and how effective is it? That's a very uncommon option in any tier, but I think it might have unexpected value in this OM.

Last edited:
Added your team to the archive.

I have to ask, though, how often do you find yourself using Safeguard and how effective is it? That's a very uncommon option in any tier, but I think it might have unexpected value in this OM.
I only use Safeguard when you use a near-unstoppable sweeper (Mega Rayquaza in this case) AND status is the primary stopper of your sweeper. Another case where I used Safeguard is to support Lucario Mega Medicham in Inheritance (in the team I posted as both RMT and as a sample team). It's also a near-unstoppable sweeper and burning it with Doublade or Unaware Suicune are both common ways to stop Mega Medicham. That's where Safeguard plays a role in supporting it.

Edit: Also Life Orb-less Mega Rayquaza misses out some 1HKOs, so I think it's better to use Life Orb Mega Rayquaza with Safeguard support than just slapping a Lum Berry on Rayquaza.

Other pokes that appreciate Safeguard support is Geomancy Xerneas, Extremespeeding Arceus and Mega Salamence, though Mega Salamence with Refresh doesn't need Safeguard support.

Last edited:

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
<Approved by Joim and The Immortal, repost approved by Eevee General>

[Source]

We've all built a team where one of our Pokemon is clearly a cut above the rest, a god among 'mon. The rest of your team your team then follows in service of this deity, even making the ultimate sacrifice and becoming death fodd--err...honorable martyrs, if the need arises. This metagame takes that dynamic to the next level, with a little bit of Monotype-esque fun thrown in.

In this metagame, the Pokemon in your first slot becomes your "god," gaining no extra power but a whole lot of responsibility. This slot ignores the OU banlist and the unreleased status of your Pokemon, pretty much allowing you to use whatever you want, from FU to Ubers.

The remainder of your team is comprised of "followers," the faithful servants of your god. These Pokemon are limited by the OU banlist, and additionally must share at least one type with their god, as they were created in its image.

Should you fail to protect your god in battle, your entire team will be saddled with an unbreakable Curse, losing a huge chunk of your HP each turn. Because of this divine punishment, consider it wise to sacrifice a lowly follower over letting your god collapse.

To sum it up...

Rules:

[Party Slot #1]
Bans:
Ubers banlist
Unbans: Floette (Eternal Flower), Volcanion, Mega Rayquaza
Mechanic: Applies Curse effect to the player's team upon fainting

[Party Slots #2-6]
Bans:
OU banlist
Restrictions: Must share at least one type with Party Slot #1

[Overall]
Clauses:
OU clauses

~

Possible Gods (Ubers):

Remember -- you aren't limited to Ubers Pokemon. There's a whole world of type pairings out there to use! But just for ease of reference, here are all of the Pokemon currently banned from OU and legal in Ubers. Generally, one of these will be your best bet when picking a god.

Aegislash (Steel + Ghost)
Arceus (Any Type)
Blaziken (Fire + Fighting)
Blaziken-Mega (Fire + Fighting)
Darkrai (Dark)
Deoxys (Psychic)
Deoxys-Attack (Psychic)
Deoxys-Defense (Psychic)
Deoxys-Speed (Psychic)
Dialga (Steel + Dragon)
Floette-Eternal-Flower (Fairy)
Genesect (Bug + Steel)
Gengar-Mega (Ghost + Poison)
Giratina (Ghost + Dragon)
Giratina-Origin (Ghost + Dragon)
Greninja (Water + Dark)
Groudon (Ground)
Groudon-Primal (Ground + Fire)
Ho-oh (Fire + Flying)
Kangaskhan-Mega (Normal)
Kyogre (Water)
Kyogre-Primal (Water)
Kyurem-White (Dragon + Ice)
Landorus (Ground + Flying)
Latias w/ Soul Dew (Dragon + Psychic)
Latios w/ Soul Dew (Dragon + Psychic)
Lucario-Mega (Fighting + Steel)
Lugia (Psychic + Flying)
Mawile-Mega (Steel + Fairy)
Mewtwo (Psychic)
Mewtwo-Mega-X (Psychic + Fighting)
Mewtwo-Mega-Y (Psychic)
Palkia (Water + Dragon)
Rayquaza (Dragon + Flying)
Rayquaza-Mega (Dragon + Flying)
Reshiram (Dragon + Fire)
Salamence-Mega (Dragon + Flying)
Shaymin-Sky (Grass + Flying)
Volcanion (Fire + Water)
Xerneas (Fairy)
Yveltal (Dark + Flying)
Zekrom (Dragon + Electric)
~

Q&A:

Q: If my god has to be in the first slot, does that mean I have to lead with it?
A: No, you can choose your lead as usual.

Q: Then how do I know which Pokemon is my opponent's god?
A: The god of either team is always the farthest on the left in team preview.

Q: How can I disguise Zoroark as my god?
A: During team preview, move your god to the sixth slot.

Q: How is this different from Monotype with a weird banlist?
A: Aside from the fainting mechanic, you are not necessarily limited to one type. For example, if I put Ho-Oh in my first slot, the rest of my Pokemon can be any type combination that includes either Fire or Flying: Darmanitan and Honchkrow can be on the same team, in this scenario. However, if Kyogre is my god, only Water type Pokemon can be used.

Q: How do Pokemon that change type work?
A: The code detects a Mega Stone, Plate or Orb on its appropriate Pokemon and changes your type requirements accordingly. For instance, if Charizard occupies your god slot, you will be restricted to only Fire and Flying OR Fire and Dragon types, depending on whether you hold Charizardite Y or Charizardite X.

Q: Do I have to use an Ubers Pokemon as my god?
A: Nope! While players that do so do have an inherent advantage, brave players can use an entirely OU legal team. There are perks to going this route: maybe you want to create a Water + Fairy or Fire + Steel team. No Ubers Pokemon have both these types, so you can use the perfectly viable Azumaril or Heatran as gods instead. Note that the Curse effect applies no matter what tier your god is.

Q: If a move or ability is banned from OU but legal in Ubers, can I use it for my god?
A: Nice try, but no. At the time of writing, there is no Evasion Clause in Ubers, but that doesn't mean you can start spamming Double Team, even if you are a god. I'm pretty sure this ruling doesn't effect much else, as truly broken moves and abilities like Swagger and Moody are even banned in Ubers.

Q: What happens after my god faints?
A: For failing to defend your deity, your entire team will suffer an eternal curse. If you forgot how Curse worked, as it is a fairly uncommon status effect, you will lose ¼ of your max HP at the end of each turn. As this isn't a primary status effect, you can still be effected by Burn, Poison and everything else. While this definitely puts you at a disadvantage, there's still the chance of pulling off a last-ditch sweep provided the enemy team is softened enough.

Q: Can I provide you with cool artwork to use as your banner rather that image you stole from the internet?
A: Please do! I'd prefer you send me a PM, but you can also just post it in this thread. If you find something that you didn't make but seems more fitting than my current banner, you can send me that too.

Q: How can I apply to be on the GAF council? What does that entail?
A: Just to promote activity and make decisions easier if this OM ever gains legitimacy, I'd like to have 2-4 more people join a newly-assembled council. Mostly you'll be discussing bans, rule changes and viability rankings via PM discussions when the need arises. If you'd like to join, I'm imposing the following restrictions on applications: 1) you must have an approved OM thread posted on this subforum regardless of activity or status, and 2) you must have a minimum of 100 posts on Smogon. If you fit this criteria and are interested in joining, send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can.

~

Strategies:

Bulky Gods:
While you can still effectively use offensive threats as gods, it may be worth finding one that can tank hits without fear of death. Lugia, Giratina and Groudon are all bulky as sin and can provide utility to your team without inducing the Curse debuff.

Sweeper Gods
: Alternatively, you can build your team around eliminating threats and allowing your god to set up and sweep. Memento and Dual Screens work well for this, allowing Geo-Xern or E-Killer to obliterate the enemy with godly wrath.

Type-setting Gods
: Picking a god with a good typing may be more important than the god itself, in some cases. Dialga can provide 2/3 of a Dragon-Fairy-Steel core with its type, or you could even opt for Mega Altaria and its unique Dragon/Fairy typing.

Phasing:
Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Roar, Whirlwind and Red Card can not only check setup sweepers, but they may randomly force your opponent into their god before they're ready to use it, allowing you a free turn as they run away.

Cleric Support:
Wish, Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, Healing Wish and Lunar Dance can keep your god healthy, although sometimes at the cost of a follower's life.

Impostor Gods
: Capturing the power of a god with none of the burden, the grand heretic Ditto may be just the god-slayer you need. Of course, using it requires your god to be at least part Normal type, so expect to see it pop up on Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan teams. Mew with Transform could also be a clutch option for Psychic-based teams.

Monotype+
: Those struggling to come up with a team can use any team legal in Monotype modes, or you can take a Monotype team and replace a member with the appropriate Arceus form. You can also upgrade rain teams by replacing Politoed with Kyogre, give Soul Dew to a team with Latias or revive that Steel type team you had when Aegislash, Mega Mawile and Mega Lucario were legal. Note that going this route neglects the use of a Pokemon's second type, so you may want to rebuild it around that fact.

~

Council:

Jajoken
InfernapeTropius11

~

Replays:

vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs. [1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]

The replay of mawile mega and groudon inst of them.It is showing a replay of arceus vs yveltal.. and also MMx vs salamence is showing ray vs MMX PLz fix it:D
And also if i run a Charizard mega x.Can i have fire flying and dragons types in my team?Cause Charizard got fire/flying And when it evovles it get dragon typing.....

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1746 M-Ray vs itself
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1742 Zekrom vs MMX
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1723 Blaziken vs MMX
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1722 groudon v MMX

Last edited:
Okay I think it's time I say this.

I've been having fun playing this metagame for a while, but after playing some matches, one really, really big flaw of this metagame is the punishment system. I think people might disagree with this but I prefer if the punishment system is erased completely, instead of nerfing or changing it. At first I thought the punishment system makes this OM unique, but after playing some matches, it just... makes the game less fun so far. It's being a hindrance in decision making and it discourages the use of frail gods which has a lot of potential like Blaziken, Landorus I or Greninja. It makes players playing more conservatively and once your "god" dies, it's basically over, which isn't fun even for the winning side because most likely, the opponent will just forfeit instead of continuing when it's unlikely to win. I prefer if the god dies, we still have a fighting chance instead of autowin. Also this punishment system give more reward for haxy wins, especially when your god is critted and it dies because of the crit when it isn't supposed to. That's not fun and we all know that.

Losing your only Uber is already a punishment, so why give more punishment?

I'm not asking for decisions now but I want you guys to please consider erasing or just nerfing the punishment system, especially the Gods and Followers council. The punishment system is what currently hold me back to create more teams. And curse is just too gamechanging it's not funny. These are all my opinion but I think I see some people I've played against also hate this curse punishment system because of the reasons above.

Okay I think it's time I say this.

I've been having fun playing this metagame for a while, but after playing some matches, one really, really big flaw of this metagame is the punishment system. I think people might disagree with this but I prefer if the punishment system is erased completely, instead of nerfing or changing it. At first I thought the punishment system makes this OM unique, but after playing some matches, it just... makes the game less fun so far. It's being a hindrance in decision making and it discourages the use of frail gods which has a lot of potential like Blaziken, Landorus I or Greninja. It makes players playing more conservatively and once your "god" dies, it's basically over, which isn't fun even for the winning side because most likely, the opponent will just forfeit instead of continuing when it's unlikely to win. I prefer if the god dies, we still have a fighting chance instead of autowin. Also this punishment system give more reward for haxy wins, especially when your god is critted and it dies because of the crit when it isn't supposed to. That's not fun and we all know that.

Losing your only Uber is already a punishment, so why give more punishment?

I'm not asking for decisions now but I want you guys to please consider erasing or just nerfing the punishment system, especially the Gods and Followers council. The punishment system is what currently hold me back to create more teams. And curse is just too gamechanging it's not funny. These are all my opinion but I think I see some people I've played against also hate this curse punishment system because of the reasons above.
I'll consider it discussing it with the council, but think of it this way: without a punishment system, you can play gods much more recklessly. This sounds good in theory, but then, there would be no downside to setting up GeoXern or Arceus if they can take down at least 2 Pokemon before dying. Pokemon are banned for a number of reasons, but often something will be in Ubers because nothing in OU can switch into it. I originally thought of the punishment system as a a natural way of nerfing Ubers Pokemon: they're just as powerful, but they're riskier to use. In that way, it's closer to using a team of 6 OU Pokemon than 5 OU Pokemon and 1 Ubers.

I think, for that reason and for reason that the asymmetrical risk dynamic of the OM is one of the reasons I decided to submit it in the first place, the punishment system probably needs to stay in some form. I'm open for discussion on alternate punishments, though. Curse is something I decided was thematically relevant and fair to both offensive and defensive playstyles, but its not set in stone. It used to be a priority debuff and that didn't work out either.

Here's something I thought of: Torment. It's another uncommon status effect that's flavorful to the theme of the OM, but it might be more fair than Curse? It's still a definite punishment (which is what I'd prefer), but it just forces you to play a different way rather than just cause you to die faster. Yes, it discourages choice users, but it's something to consider.

Torment definitely seems more fair than curse. Realistically, as long as the opponent has a bulky god, they can send in said god and stall for turns while the curse wears them down. The Curse really only feels fair when BOTH teams are of the same archetype. Otherwise it leads to one team stalling the other out while they take constant Curse damage.

just my two cents:

Teambuilding being restricted by the god's typing is enough for this metagame imo, having the punishment system just makes it no fun. Sure you can play your god more recklessly but it's a god, so ofc it's gonna be good. I shouldn't be scared to use the entire niche of this meta

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Hello,Here's a Yveltal Team made by my friend Angry1 (Doesnt have a smogon account and told me to post it for him)

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1854

DESCRIPTION

So the team is literally Yveltal balance
Yveltal is obviously the main one here, He has high power and great speed

I then needed a Stealth Rocker, and after looking, Skarmory has proven to be the best

And now a defogger, at first I used a Mandibuzz, but after some testing, zapdos has proven to pass Mandibuzz nicely

Hoopa-U is just the typical wall breaker, Normally, it can sweep unprepared teams, either due to not having walls, or getting surprise by scarf and getting killed!

And for the revenge killer, I choose bisharp, He helps slightly against xerneas team, when focus blast misses, that is :P
Finally, Who doesn't need a nice and good set-up sweeper in his team? Mega Altaria just fills this nicely

and as I do not have a single mon with over 100 speed, I choosed to scarf Hoopa-U and Yveltal for surprise factor

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hello,Here's a Yveltal Team made by my friend Angry1 (Doesnt have a smogon account and told me to post it for him)

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1854

DESCRIPTION

So the team is literally Yveltal balance
Yveltal is obviously the main one here, He has high power and great speed

I then needed a Stealth Rocker, and after looking, Skarmory has proven to be the best

And now a defogger, at first I used a Mandibuzz, but after some testing, zapdos has proven to pass Mandibuzz nicely

Hoopa-U is just the typical wall breaker, Normally, it can sweep unprepared teams, either due to not having walls, or getting surprise by scarf and getting killed!

And for the revenge killer, I choose bisharp, He helps slightly against xerneas team, when focus blast misses, that is :P
Finally, Who doesn't need a nice and good set-up sweeper in his team? Mega Altaria just fills this nicely

and as I do not have a single mon with over 100 speed, I choosed to scarf Hoopa-U and Yveltal for surprise factor
Bisharp really isn't a good Xern check tbh. No Xern will use Focus Blast against it when it can just OHKO with Moonblast:

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 306-360 (112.9 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And that's unboosted. As soon as Rocks are up, GeoXern literally 6-0s

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 301-355 (90.3 - 106.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 180+ SpD Zapdos: 373-441 (97.3 - 115.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Don't think I really need to calc for the Fairy-weak mons kek

I haven't had a chance to build for this yet (OMGS+school+holidays+analyses are taking up most of my time) but I don't think that the complete elimination of any sort of punishment would not be a good idea, as otherwise it is basically monotype+an uber mon. Curse does make it very unlikely for you to win tbh, and stall is basically screwed over completely, however I agree with Jajoken that Torment is a nice replacement. It nerfs Choice item users without having too big of an influence on non-Choice users, yet still offers some sort of a nerf to retain the uniqueness and idea behind the OM.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
wait if we have torment as a staus then choice items will be useless aka most sample teams in the op must be taken out too.So i was just wondering wont embargo would be better?

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
%Lcass4919:or every 3rd turn "doom desire" takes effect.
I'm not kidding this is genius. Make it of your own god's type (dual typed if possible) and of 140 power off max invested 100 spa.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
personally, i think it should be a typeless 100 base power move. just so people cant use say, dialga to get around the damage, and it wont like...destroy teams with insane base power or something.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
But if it's typed it has flavor. Your god died, and now it curses you and punishes you with its wrath.
yeah, but i mean, with a typed hit, that means god pokemon like dialga naturally would have an advantage. something that a typeless version wouldn't give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)