Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Recover​

During my tutoring with Harpp he asked me to make a Golisopod team, and I think it left a cool team.

Golisopod, the main star helps greatly with MU with Psychic and Dark. It has Choice Band for some immediate power and double STAB to hit as harder as possible. Works pretty well in the right hands. You can change it over a Crawdaunt that works well too, giving him SD Z Waterium and Black Sludge for Toxapex

Pelliper, standart defensive one. Our defogger and rain setter, we all know already him. You can use it with Choice Specs and have a Keldeo Sub CM but you lose to Mantine, and personally I like having a reliable defogger

Keldeo, Choice Specs Keldeo. It was CM Sub in a start ( a set that personally a love), but then you have literally 0 for Mantine, with this set you have a good wallbreaker able to 2HKO Mantine. It helps greatly with the MU with Dark, Steel and Normal.

Greninja, another standart set. Choice Scarf makes it more faster than the 90% of the meta, helps very much vs Dragon and Fairy and support the team with Spikes. You can use Dark Pulse or Grass Knot over Spikes but Spikes helps wearing down teams like Bug or Water lacking defensive Pelippert or Rotom-W.

Swampert, the king of rain. Mega Swampert as our rain sweeper, it has rocks and can make a lot of damage with his powerful STABs. You can run Superpower over Stealth Rock but you will be lacking a rocker

Toxapex, uh. Toxapex can live a Psychic from Jirachi +1, it has sludge bomb for Tapu Bulu and our anti setup sweepers with Z Haze, recovering 100% of your HP, helping pretty mutch vs one boost setup sweepers aka Kommo-o, Jirachi or Porygon Z. A nightmare for many people.

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Liquidation

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Recover
Well, thanks for reading this. Any recommendations are welcome. Excuse me couse of my bad English, its not my first language
Shotouts to Harpp

Last edited:
Hi DeadYouAre solid team you made here building around Golispod but i have some suggestions for you:

Change(s)

:greninja:
Greninja

I feel as though this team struggles to break Poison teams in general, with Toxapex and Mega Venusaur being able to sponge hits easily from Keldeo and Mega Swampert respectively, and Golispod being hard walled by Toxapex. I suggest that a Poison killer Greninja would be very effective here. Ice beam is of course necessary here for the same matchups, Extrasensory to hit Venusaur and Toxapex hard, Tectonic Rage from Dig allows you to catch and OHKO Alolan Muk, as well as Klefki and Heatran in other matchups. For the last slot Hidden Power Electric can work if you would like to help against the opposing Water matchup and catch Mantine without being locked into it much like Keldeo. However if you still appreciate Spikes support for the team then you can opt to use that as the last slot.

:pelipper:
Pelipper

Not much to say here, U-Turn is very much necessary on Pelipper over Hurricane to give you a slow pivot out to any of your other rain abusers such as Mega Swampert or Specs Keldeo and since we now have Poison killer Greninja, Hurricane isnt as needed. Secondly since Pelipper is not running an offensive set, the utility of a rain boosted Scald or the utility option of Knock Off is far more reliable than Hydro Pump.

:Toxapex:
Toxapex

Regarding Toxapex, the EV spread and nature may allow you to live +1 Psychic after Stealth Rock from Jirachi, but you get cleanly OHKOed by +2 Life Orb Horn Leech from Tapu Bulu and its a roll otherwise. With priority support from Golisopod and the fact that Mega Swampert can eat one Psychic hit with ease, that is enough to revenge kill Z-Jirachi therefore the the SpD investment is not worth it as you lose your potential way to deal with Tapu Bulu. So opting for the traditional 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD is far more optimal here.

:Keldeo:
Keldeo
Lastly if you decide to use Hidden Power Electric as the last slot on Greninja, you should in-turn drop that for either Icy Wind for Dragon types such as Latios, or Hidden Power Poison to catch Tapu Bulu and OHKO it.

:Golisopod:
Golisopod

The only change here is the amount of Speed you need to run. Having 159 speed allows you to outspeed uninvested base 61's such as Celesteela and below. The rest of the EVs get dumped into HP for added bulk

Thats all I have as for recommendations, if you have any more questions feel free to message me on Smogon or contact me via Discord at Splash#0896

(click on sprites for an import of the new team)
:Golisopod: :Pelipper: :Keldeo: :Greninja: :Swampert-Mega: :Toxapex:

Last edited:

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Splashbrutha Thanks for your recommendations! I love the new Greninja set, lastly I will run Icy Wind in Keldeo, as I think that with Toxapex Sludge Bomb is enough.

Hey! Don't have much to add to Splashbrutha's rate, he did a good job.

First, it's okay if you want to keep Hurricane on Pelipper to help with stuff like Mega Venusaur, I strongly recommend dropping Hydro Pump for U-turn. U-turn transforms Pelipper's poor Speed into an advantage, since you can do a slow pivot into one of your many powerful wallbreakers. That brings them into play with as many turns of rain as possible while taking as little damage as possible. The problem with Hydro Pump is that Pelipper really just doesn't do much damage. Any turn you're attacking with Pelipper is a turn your wallbreakers are not attacking in rain. With that mindset, that highlights just how good U-turn is in Monotype because you can't use Damp Rock to extend your turns of rain.

Second, you don't have Toxic Spikes. Sludge Bomb Toxapex is honestly pretty pointless if you lack Toxic Spikes because you're just going to lose to Fairy anyway. As weird as it may feel to have no Haze, Toxic Spikes is far more valuable and worth replacing Haze.. It lets you pressure a lot of Water's bad matchups, including Fairy, opposing Water, Dragon, and others. Putting up a Toxic Spikes layer against Fairy pretty much gives you a victory, since Fairy will eventually get chipped down from the poison damage. I'd be more worried about the threats you mentioned wanting Z-Haze for if this wasn't a rain team. Because you're rain, you have Mega Swampert to outspeed and revenge kill Porygon-Z, Kommo-o, and Jirachi fairly easily. Z-Haze simply isn't needed on this team.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Hey! Don't have much to add to Splashbrutha's rate, he did a good job.

First, it's okay if you want to keep Hurricane on Pelipper to help with stuff like Mega Venusaur, I strongly recommend dropping Hydro Pump for U-turn. U-turn transforms Pelipper's poor Speed into an advantage, since you can do a slow pivot into one of your many powerful wallbreakers. That brings them into play with as many turns of rain as possible while taking as little damage as possible. The problem with Hydro Pump is that Pelipper really just doesn't do much damage. Any turn you're attacking with Pelipper is a turn your wallbreakers are not attacking in rain. With that mindset, that highlights just how good U-turn is in Monotype because you can't use Damp Rock to extend your turns of rain.

Second, you don't have Toxic Spikes. Sludge Bomb Toxapex is honestly pretty pointless if you lack Toxic Spikes because you're just going to lose to Fairy anyway. As weird as it may feel to have no Haze, Toxic Spikes is far more valuable and worth replacing Haze.. It lets you pressure a lot of Water's bad matchups, including Fairy, opposing Water, Dragon, and others. Putting up a Toxic Spikes layer against Fairy pretty much gives you a victory, since Fairy will eventually get chipped down from the poison damage. I'd be more worried about the threats you mentioned wanting Z-Haze for if this wasn't a rain team. Because you're rain, you have Mega Swampert to outspeed and revenge kill Porygon-Z, Kommo-o, and Jirachi fairly easily. Z-Haze simply isn't needed on this team.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
Thanks for your recommendations Eien! I will try them right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)