move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Dynamic Punch
item: Assault Vest
ability: No Guard
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk’s above average Attack and good defensive typing mean that with Assault Vest it has the ability to take on Noivern and Heliolisk. Dynamic Punch and Ice Punch are the best coverage options in conjunction with Golurk’s STAB moves, hitting Dark-types like Zarude and Obstagoon. Dynamic Punch can be also used to cheese past potential counters like Quagsire with confusion, and Ice Punch additionally predictions against cores that contain a resist to both of Golurk’s STAB moves like Noivern + Krookodile. Heavy Slam can also be ran to hit Defensive Weezing and Sylveon for more damage instead of Dynamic Punch, which can be useful if Golurk has teammates that appreciate them chipped down like Mienshao. No Guard is the preferred ability, as it guarantees hits on Poltergeist and Dynamic Punch. However, if using Heavy Slam, Iron Fist can be run instead to boost the power of Ice Punch to maximize damage on the likes of Rotom-C or Krookodile. A spread with 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe can be used to just creep Marowak-A and give Golurk slightly more bulk overall.

Golurk fits best on bulky offense teams that can abuse its good matchups against threats like Terrakion but also get Golurk in safely on slower defensive threats. As such, pivots like Noivern, Slowbro, and Heliolisk make amazing partners, as they can give Golurk safe opportunities to throw off strong attacks on the slower threats like Rhyperior or Copperajah. Stealth Rock setters like Cobalion and Rhyperior are also good teammates, as they can help secure KOs on common defensive threats such as Weezing-G. Cobalion in particular is good, as it can check common Dark-types like Obstagoon and take on Lycanroc-D if it’s running Chople Berry. Rhyperior can additionally run Megahorn to lure out Grass-types like Celebi and Zarude. Cleaners such as Choice Scarf Keldeo can take advantage of the likes of how effectively Golurk can force chip onto walls like Slowbro and Doublade. Grass and Dragon-types like Celebi or Noivern pair well, as they can take on two of Golurk’s biggest weaknesses in opposing Grass- and Water-type attacks, while appreciating how well Golurk can take advantage Steel-types like Escavalier and a Klefki that often switch into them. Roserade is especially good as a teammate, as it can do this while also setting Spikes, which can help Golurk pressure opposing defensive cores.

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Poltergeist
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Colbur Berry
ability: Iron Fist

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk sets itself apart from other Ground-type Stealth Rock setters in the tier and most notably, Pallosand by combining a solid defensive typing that can check the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D with an ability to pressure common threats such as Slowbro and Cobalion with its great coverage. Ice Punch is Golurk’s best move to hit Noivern, Krookodile, and Virizion. Colbur Berry allows Golurk to always beat Incineroar and Lycanroc in a one-on-one from full.

Golurk’s mix of ability to pressure most removal options and good defensive utility against the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D allow it to be a functional hazard setter. Due to how well Golurk can keep Stealth Rock up, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Terrakion make excellent partners, as they appreciate the extra damage on walls hazards provide. Slowking is an especially good partner, as it can take hits from the likes of Keldeo and Starmie, effectively stack chip on top of Stealth Rock with Future Sight, and get in Golurk safely to throw off a strong attack, and in return, Golurk can deter Electric-type attacks, although it must be wary of coverage moves like Surf on Heliolisk or Leaf Storm from Rotom-C. Wish support from Sylveon can also pair well to keep Golurk healthy and keep up hazards over the course of longer games, while also being a solid check to Noivern and Kyurem. Grass-types such as Roserade and Rotom-C appreciate how well Golurk can pressure Steel-types such as Cobalion and can switch into Water-type attacks that threaten Golurk from the likes of Keldeo. Roserade especially is potent, as together they can stack hazards to rack up chip on walls for teammates. Lastly, checks to stronger Dark-types like Obstagoon and Choice Band Zarude such as Galarian Weezing pair well as Golurk cannot take their Dark-type attacks, even through Colbur Berry. Cobalion especially works well, as it can get Golurk in with Volt Switch and help to overwhelm common defensive threats like Rotom-W and Umbreon.

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Choice Band Assault Vest
move 4: Heavy Slam Dynamic Punch
item: Choice Band Assault Vest
ability: Iron Fist No Gaurd

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk’s above average Attack, perfect neutral coverage, and high powered moves mean it can serve as a fearsome wallbreaker when equipped with a Choice Band. Remove this last part. Add another line to say how AV gives it some defensive utility to tank a hit from foes like Noivern and Snarl Toxtricity etc. Heavy Slam and Ice Punch are the best coverage options in conjunction with Golurk’s STAB moves, hitting defensive Fairy-types Weezing-G and Sylveon and Noivern, respectively. Mention the Heavy Slam point after you talk about Dynamic Punch. Also specify that it hits Defensive Weezing because offensive variants are 2HKO'd by Poltergeist. However, Golurk’s expansive movepool contains moves such as Close Combat, Stone Edge, Toxic, and even Self-Destruct that may be more useful in some situations or on certain teams, but not as reliable in their usefulness overall. This is very broad and most of them it doesn't need to consider running. Remove this whole point.

Give a mention to No Gaurd when you talk about Dynamic Punch, you can also say it helps avoid missing Poltergeist. When you talk about Heavy Slam mention that the user should use Iron Fist instead to boost the power of Ice Punch to do more to foes like Krook and Rotom-C.

Mention a spread with 52 Speed to creep uninvested Tyranitar if the user wants more bulk, it also makes it easier to potentially catch Skarmory with EQ on a Roost.

Golurk fits best on bulky offense teams that can abuse its good matchups against threats like Terrakion and Toxtricity but also get Golurk in safely on slower defensive threats. As such, pivots like Noivern, Slowking, and Heliolisk make amazing partners, as they can give Golurk safe opportunities to throw off strong attacks. Stealth Rock setters like Cobalion and Tyranitar are also good teammates, as they can help secure KOs on common defensive staples such as Rotom-Wash and Weezing. I'd also mention how Tyranitar does ease the ability to pivot into Noivern and Snarl variants of Toxtricity. I'd expand on Cobalion's ability to check Mimikyu, Lycanroc-D (If Chople), and Dark-types like Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Obstagoon that threaten to revenge Golurk. Water-resists like Celebi and Kyurem can help offset Golurk’s weaknesses to common attackers like Starmie and Keldeo. If you look at the pivots you listed, they are all Water resists. You could just expand on this there. If you want to keep these mentions then you could say how they also check Rotom-C. I would move this point straight after the pivot comment and further mention how they all help overwhelm Skarmory and defensive Weezing for Golurk. Roserade in particular pairs well, as it can combine both hazard setting and coverage of Golurk’s most common weaknesses in Grass- and Water-type attacks. You shouldn't need this part with the start of this sentence inferring that it helps offset said Water issue. Also move this point for the same reason I mentioned above. Lastly, cleaners such as Lycanroc and Choice Scarf Keldeo can take advantage of holes busted by Golurk, and thus should always be considered. filler. Just list some defensive walls it removes/weakens for them to clean like Slowking, Noivern, and Galarian Weezing.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk sets itself apart from other Ground-type Stealth Rock setters in the tier and most notably, Pallosand by combining a solid defensive typing that can check the likes of Terrakion and Toxtricity with an ability to pressure common threats such as Slowking and Cobalion with its great coverage. Ice Punch OHKOes Noivern on the switch, which can be crucial to keeping Stealth Rock on the field. Noivern isn't really using Defog anymore unless it is forced to. I'd remove that part and just say it does more to stuff like Rotom-C, Virizion, and Krookodile. Colbur Berry allows Golurk to always beat Incineroar and Lycanroc in a one-on-one from full.

Golurk’s mix of ability to pressure most removal options and good defensive utility against the likes of Terrakion and Toxtricity allow it to be a functional hazard setter. Due to how well Golurk can keep Stealth Rock up, wallbreakers such as Obstagoon and Life Orb Mienshao make excellent partners, as they appreciate the extra damage on walls hazards provide. My issue with these examples is that they are both common users that want to spam Knock Off to weaken the checks they can struggle with like Galarian Weezing, Palossand, and Skarmory so there is going to be an issue with how Poltergeist interacts. I would just change them to other wallbreakers like Lycanroc-D or Keldeo to avoid the issue of Knock w/ Poltergeist. Slowking is an especially good partner, as it can take Water-type attacks, effectively stack chip on top of Stealth Rock with Future Sight, and get in Golurk safely to throw off a strong attack, and in return, Golurk can deter Electric-type attacks. I'd rather examples were used here such as taking hits from Water-types/foes like Keldeo and Starmie etc. Wish support from Sylveon or Jirachi can also pair well to keep Golurk healthy and keep up hazards over the course of longer games. You can also expand on how they help check Noivern and Kyurem. Lastly, Grass-types such as Celebi and Rotom-C appreciate how well Golurk can pressure Steel-types Again examples and can switch into Water-type attacks that threaten Golurk.

You need some mention of Pokemon like Galarian Weezing, Cobalion, Skarmory, or w/e it is that help check Dark-types like Krookodile and Obstagoon. While the Colbur Berry helps you still don't beat these ones that well. All three of these examples can also be tied into helping against Mimikyu and Mamoswine.

-1 252+ Atk Golurk Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 140-166 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[faded love, 241308]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
tag me on discord or here when this is done, so I can give it another glance over

Last edited:
[SET]
name: Assault Vest

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk’s above average Attack and good defensive typing mean that with Assault Vest give it the ability to take on Noivern and Snarl Toxtricity. Dynamic Punch and Ice Punch are the best coverage options in conjunction with Golurk’s STAB moves, hitting defensive Dark-types like Krookodile and Noivern, respectively. Ice Punch would hit both so this argument is void. The Fighting coverage helps with stuff like Balloon/Shuca Terrakion/Cobalion and Obstagoon. Heavy Slam can also be ran to hit Defensive Weezing and Sylveon for more damage instead of Dynamic Punch. No Guard is the preferred ability, as it guarantees hits on Poltergeist and Dynamic Punch. However, if using Heavy Slam, Iron Fist can be run instead to boost the power of Ice Punch to maximize damage on the likes of Rotom-C or Chople Berry What need is there to specify chople Krook Krookodile. A spread with 200 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe , max Attack, and 52 Speed can be used to just creep defensive Tyranitar and give Golurk more bulk overall. This also helps Golurk beat Skarmory more easily because this Golurk underspeeds it and can KO threaten it with Earthquake as it Roosts. You don't KO it, per se. It just prevents Skarmory from Roosting on Golurk safely.

Golurk fits best on bulky offense teams that can abuse its good matchups against threats like Terrakion and Toxtricity but also get Golurk in safely on slower defensive threats. As such, pivots like Noivern, Slowking, and Heliolisk make amazing partners, as they can give Golurk safe opportunities to throw off strong attacks. Stealth Rock setters like Cobalion and Tyranitar are also good teammates, as they can help secure KOs on common defensive threats such as Weezing-G. Cobalion in particular is good, as it can check common Dark-types like Obstagoon and take on Lycanroc-D if it’s running Chople Betr. Lastly, cleaners such as Lycanroc and Choice Scarf Keldeo can take advantage of the likes of how effectively Golurk can pressure the likes of Slowking and Noivern.

You have implemented one thing from what I mentioned in my last check regarding team options. Instead of fixing it you just nuked the examples I commented on instead? The point about you pivots handling Water-type attacks aimed at it was ignored. I asked you to elaborate on that, then you could easily follow up about your Kyurem and Celebi point. Another point I gave you things to talk about like checking Rotom-C etc. As to why you removed the Roserade mention I do not know.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk sets itself apart from other Ground-type Stealth Rock setters in the tier and most notably, Pallosand by combining a solid defensive typing that can check the likes of Terrakion and Toxtricity with an ability to pressure common threats such as Slowking and Cobalion with its great coverage. Ice Punch is Golurk’s best move to hit Krookodile and Virizion. There was nothing wrong with the Noivern example, I just wanted you to remove the part about it being crucial to keeping hazards up, so add it back in. Colbur Berry allows Golurk to always beat Incineroar and Lycanroc in a one-on-one from full.

Golurk’s mix of ability to pressure most removal options and good defensive utility against the likes of Terrakion and Toxtricity allow it to be a functional hazard setter. Due to how well Golurk can keep Stealth Rock up, wallbreakers such as Keldeo and Lycanorc-D make excellent partners, as they appreciate the extra damage on walls hazards provide. Slowking is an especially good partner, as it can take Water-type attacks, effectively stack chip on top of Stealth Rock with Future Sight, and get in Golurk safely to throw off a strong attack, and in return, Golurk can deter Electric-type attacks. I'd rather examples were used here such as taking hits from Water-types/foes like Keldeo and Starmie etc. You've left in my comment and didn't implement it, I even gave you the examples Wish support from Sylveon or Jirachi can also pair well to keep Golurk healthy and keep up hazards over the course of longer games. These two also check Kyurem and Noivern well, threats that Golurk struggles with mightily. It doesn't 'mightily' struggle with either, it's about how they can revenge kill it. In Noivern's case, it requires some additional chip damage on Golurk and can switch into a predicted EQ. You need to specify this because it comes off as if they can just hard into Golurk every time. Lastly, Grass-types such as Celebi and Rotom-C appreciate how well Golurk can pressure Steel-types such as Cobalion and can switch into Water-type attacks that threaten Golurk. Lastly, checks to stronger Dark-types like Obstagoon such as Skarmory and Weezing-G This doesn't read off correctly, you should probably rewrite this sentence. You've also said lastly when it isn't the last point. pair well as Golurk cannot take Knock Off, even through Colbur Berry. Skarmory is especially a great fit, as it can also check other problematic threats to Golurk such as Mamoswine and Mimikyu, while also forming a hazard stacking core with Golurk if it uses Spikes.
Purple comments, red remove, green add

For future reference implement everything you are asked to do. If there is something you disagree with then message the person checking it, in this case me. Consider this 1/2 when you implement everything + the team options you didn't include in my first check. I'm setting the title back to 0/2 till this is done. Failure to implement the check fully will result in me reassigning this. Again message me if there is something you disagree with.

faded love implement your check for this and Rotom-C by Sunday. Also, remove all mentions of Pokemon that rose to OU and update this with more recent metagame knowledge were applicable.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk’s above average Attack and good defensive typing mean that with Assault Vest give it the ability to take on Noivern and Heliolisk. fix this sentence before you send it to GP. You should also comment on how it’s typing can force out terrakion too! Dynamic Punch and Ice Punch are the best coverage options in conjunction with Golurk’s STAB moves, hitting Dark-types like Zarude and Obstagoon. mention the midground applications of ice punch, tends to be your best option to click vs noivern + krook for instance. Can mention how the confusion on dynamic punch is useful versus counters like quag and umbreon too if you like, can let you fish to actually break through quag. Heavy Slam can also be ran to hit Defensive Weezing and Sylveon for more damage instead of Dynamic Punch. an important facet of this is if you are running pokemon with knock that tend to invite weezing in like Mienshao. No Guard is the preferred ability, as it guarantees hits on Poltergeist and Dynamic Punch. However, if using Heavy Slam, Iron Fist can be run instead to boost the power of Ice Punch to maximize damage on the likes of Rotom-C or Krookodile.can also mention that it’s nice to have noivern actually miss hurricanes vs u too if you want lol A spread with 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe can be used to just creep defensive Sylveon and give Golurk more bulk overall. run some calcs and see if it effects rolls Or turns 2hkos into 3hkos etc on anything like noivern heliolisk. Mention how this leaves you slower than weezing too, which can be kinda woat. Feel free to suggest another spread that isn’t in analysis channel on discord and change this later if you want if you also find that woat, but bare in mind that you can only creep 0 speed or max speed things, which makes this annoying unless you use something like mantine as your benchmark.

Golurk fits best on bulky offense teams that can abuse its good matchups against threats like Terrakion but also get Golurk in safely on slower defensive threats. As such, pivots like Noivern, Slowking,slowbro , and Heliolisk make amazing partners, as they can give Golurk safe opportunities to throw off strong attacks. give examples of what they actually bring in, eg rhyp for noiv and helio for king. Tbh godlurk doesn’t have a fantastic matchup versus most heliolisk switch ins, like grasses or umbreon. Pressures Sylveon if that’s their best switch in I guess. Stealth Rock setters like Cobalion and Rhyperior are also good teammates, as they can help secure KOs on common defensive threats such as Weezing-G. Cobalion in particular is good, as it can check common Dark-types like Obstagoon and take on Lycanroc-D if it’s running Chople Berry. rhyp has megahorn so I’d like you to mention how useful it being able to take out a zarude, celebi or mowtom can be for golurk here. Cleaners such as Lycanroc-D and Choice Scarf Keldeo can take advantage of the likes of how effectively Golurk can pressure the likes of Slowking and Noivern. this sentence is so odd. Lycanroc also doesn’t care about either of these so give an example like weezing instead. Grass and Dragon-types like Celebi or Kyurem pair well, as they can take on two of Golurk’s biggest weaknesses in opposing Grass- and Water-type attacks, while appreciating how well Golurk can take advantage Steel-types that switch into them. give actual examples instead of just naming types. Replace kyurem mention with like noivern or just restructure this. Focus especially on how celebi actually switches into Keldeo too. Roserade is especially good as a teammate, as it can do this while also setting Spikes, which can help Golurk pressure opposing defensive cores.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk sets itself apart from other Ground-type Stealth Rock setters in the tier and most notably, Pallosand by combining a solid defensive typing that can check the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D with an ability to pressure common threats such as Slowking change to bro and Cobalion with its great coverage. Ice Punch is Golurk’s best move to hit Noivern, Krookodile, and Virizion. Colbur Berry allows Golurk to always beat Incineroar and Lycanroc in a one-on-one from full.

Golurk’s mix of ability to pressure most removal options and good defensive utility against the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D allow it to be a functional hazard setter. Due to how well Golurk can keep Stealth Rock up, wallbreakers such as Keldeo make excellent partners, as they appreciate the extra damage on walls hazards provide. you can definitely go into a bit more synergy here. For instance comment on how Keldeo can bring in bro/king with flip turn, and check some stuff like krook/bish. Slowking is an especially good partner, as it can take hits from the likes of Keldeo and Starmie, effectively stack chip on top of Stealth Rock with Future Sight, and get in Golurk safely to throw off a strong attack, and in return, Golurk can deter Electric-type attacks.future sight King is kinda meh and this combo just goes ‘-‘ vs umbreon or zarude but keep the mention if you like. Big problem with the deterring electric attacks is scarf mowtom can just lead storm anyway Vs king, washtom can just hydro u after And helio without av On golurk takes much less chip to just do it to u if u switch in. Be a bit more specific about this here to reflect this imo, this feels a lot more of a relic of when toxtricity was around this point. Wish support from Sylveon can also pair well to keep Golurk healthy and keep up hazards over the course of longer games, while also being a solid check to Noivern and Kyurem. replace this with something or just keep it at noivern, Grass-types such as Celebi and Rotom-C appreciate how well Golurk can pressure Steel-types such as Cobalion honestly mowtom doesn’t rly care about steels unless it’s NP, which isn’t even a common set outside of HO/offense? Rather you just mentioned Roserade and how it forms a hazard stack core. Coba mention is fine but offer another steel type like copperajah here Too because non megahorn sets don’t even pressure recover celebi that well, and can switch into Water-type attacks that threaten Golurk from the likes of Keldeo . Lastly, checks to stronger Dark-types like Obstagoon and Choice Band Krookodile zarude (Cb krook is absurdly rare) such as Galarian Weezing and Cobalion pair well as Golurk cannot take their Dark-type attacks, even through Colbur Berry. mention cobas volt support and/or ability to help weaken or pressure Answers like washtom And umby w
Tag me /msg me on disc when implemented For stamp. Any typos are cause I did this on phone, feel free to message on discord if you have any questions (or suggestions on the spread comment I made)

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk’s above average Attack and good defensive typing mean that with Assault Vest it has the ability to take on Noivern and Heliolisk. Dynamic Punch and Ice Punch are the best coverage options in conjunction with Golurk’s STAB moves, hitting Dark-types like Zarude and Obstagoon. ice punch bit reads a little odd though I get what you mean obv, but with the goon mention it’s a bit weird. Dynamic Punch can be also used to cheese past potential counters like Quagsire would mention umbreon too probably here, bit more relevant than quag and runs phys def which can just wall u otherwise Easily with confusion, and Ice Punch additionally eases? Dno you are missing something here predictions against cores that contain a resist to both of Golurk’s STAB moves like Noivern + Krookodile. Heavy Slam can also be ran to hit Defensive Weezing and Sylveon for more damage instead of Dynamic Punch, which can be useful if Golurk has teammates that appreciate them chipped down like Mienshao would specifically mention it allows you to run knock off On stuff like shao without screwing your self over against weezing . No Guard is the preferred ability, as it guarantees hits on Poltergeist and Dynamic Punch. However, if using Heavy Slam, Iron Fist can be run instead to boost the power of Ice Punch to maximize damage on the likes of Rotom-C or Krookodile. A spread with 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe can be used to just creep Marowak-A and give Golurk slightly more bulk overall.

Golurk fits best on bulky offense teams that can abuse its good matchups against threats like Terrakion but also get Golurk in safely on slower defensive threats. As such, pivots like Noivern, Slowbro, and Heliolisk make amazing partners, as they can give Golurk safe opportunities to throw off strong attacks on the slower threats like Rhyperior or Copperajah. Stealth Rock setters like Cobalion and Rhyperior remove rhyp mention, replace with like copperajah or something. are also good teammates, as they can help secure KOs on common defensive threats such as Weezing-G. Cobalion in particular is good, as it can check common Dark-types like Obstagoon and take on Lycanroc-D if it’s running Chople Berry. remove lycan mention, add a zarude mention instead, feel free to tie the Chople bit into that though it’s not at all necessary. Rhyperior can additionally run Megahorn to lure out Grass-types like Celebi and Zarude. obviously edit this to new example or just nuke this bit, eg rajah helping out with noiv or something. Cleaners such as Choice Scarf Keldeo can take advantage of the likes of how effectively Golurk can force chip onto walls like Slowbro and Doublade. Grass and Dragon-types like Celebi or Noivern pair well, as they can take on two of Golurk’s biggest weaknesses in opposing Grass- and Water-type attacks, while appreciating how well Golurk can take advantage Steel-types like Escavalier and a Klefki that often switch into them. Roserade is especially good as a teammate, as it can do this while also setting Spikes, which can help Golurk pressure opposing defensive cores.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Golurk sets itself apart from other Ground-type Stealth Rock setters in the tier and most notably, Pallosand by combining a solid defensive typing that can check the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D nuke mention of lycan, feel free to mention coba or something instead with an ability to pressure common threats such as Slowbro and Cobalion with its great coverage. Ice Punch is Golurk’s best move to hit Noivern, Krookodile, and Virizion. Colbur Berry allows Golurk to always beat Incineroar and Lycanroc remove lycan mention, if you want something to replace you can comment on how it can force out Obstagoon with it. in a one-on-one from full.

Golurk’s mix of ability to pressure most removal options and good defensive utility against the likes of Terrakion and Lycanroc-D allow it to be a functional hazard setter. Due to how well Golurk can keep Stealth Rock up, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Terrakion make excellent partners, as they appreciate the extra damage on walls hazards provide. Slowking is an especially good partner, as it can take hits from the likes of Keldeo and Starmie, effectively stack chip on top of Stealth Rock with Future Sight, and get in Golurk safely to throw off a strong attack, and in return, Golurk can deter Electric-type attacks, although it must be wary of coverage moves like Surf grass knot is definitely still more common on Heliolisk or Leaf Storm from Rotom-C. Wish support from Sylveon can also pair well to keep Golurk healthy and keep up hazards over the course of longer games, while also being a solid check to Noivern and Kyurem remove kyurem mention . Grass-types such as Roserade and Rotom-C appreciate how well Golurk can pressure Steel-types such as Cobalion and can switch into Water-type attacks that threaten Golurk from the likes of Keldeo. Roserade especially is potent, as together they can stack hazards to rack up chip on walls for teammates. Lastly, checks to stronger Dark-types like Obstagoon and Choice Band Zarude such as Galarian Weezing pair well as Golurk cannot take their Dark-type attacks, even through Colbur Berry. Cobalion especially works well, as it can get Golurk in with Volt Switchagainst pokemon like slowbro/glowbro and help to overwhelm common defensive threats like Rotom-W and Umbreon.
had an outdated mention from previous meta in kyurem Still and a bunch of lycan mentions, which I’ve nuked for you. Please be careful when implementing checks as I asked you to remove the kyurem mention previously.

QC 2/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)