Lower Tiers Good Cores in ORAS NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello as I see no-one has posted this core I guess I can post it.

+

Standard offensive core with Specs Mesprit breaking tons of walls and then Tauros sweeps the remaining part of the team. Tauros can also switch in-to ghost attacks which trouble Mesprit while esprit beats Fighting types which is the only trouble of Tauros.

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish / U-Turn

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail / Zen Headbutt

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Been messing around with TR lately, and almost all of the teams I make for it inevitably end up with the following core on them, simply due to how stupidly threatening it can be:

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish

Heavy credit to wonderful user Dat Aggron for the inspiration, and Aggron/Maudino sets. Basically, eggy can get a surprising amount of space these days to set up TR, and really appreciates Aggron, which can take on almost every dark type that threatens Eggy, while appreciating Eggy's ability to take on pretty much every ground type in the tier with virtually no risk. Maudino is a suicide TR setter, and basically can get up TR, and optionally bring one of the two main sweepers back to full health. Just pair it with another sweeper/abuser such as kecleon, and a few wildcards, and you can have a very effective team, that can really work well against many team styles, just beware of hitmonchan, which can heavily threaten aggron.

May end up adding in some replays

twinkay

la bella vita
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wow this thread is dead
+

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- Roost

So this core is essential to basically any team that has Scyth/Zard/Viv and even fits on teams without those mons as well. The idea is the ultimate hazard prevention: Xatu bounces back hazards so they don't get on the field and Chan spins them away if they do. Chan also beats Rocks + Ices for Xatu while Xatu beats Poisons and stuff like Mawile and Quag for Chan. Both sets are both very customizable to your team and personal interests: Chan can run AOA /AV and Xatu can run Pivot/CM/Offensive. Fast ghosts like Haunter and Rotom can give this core trouble but overall this is probably one of the most solid and widespread out there. Hope you like it!

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
+
+

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall / Ice Punch
- Recover
- Curse

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Here's a fun defensive core I've been using on stall, though I could see it working decently on balance teams too. Essentially this was designed to protect against most setup sweepers, which are a huge threat to heavily defensive teams. Magmortar checks Vivillon, Lilligant, and Nasty Plot Jynx (assuming no Psyshock). Meanwhile Quagsire checks nearly every other setup sweeper, including Gurdurr, Malamar, Calm Mind Xatu, and Swords Dance Samurott, while also acting as a cool stallbreaker. Quagsire's running Waterfall over Scald to win the matchup against Xatu, which would otherwise be a slog, though Ice Punch could be used instead to hit grass types that think they can switch in for free and to deal more immediate damage against Xatu. Mega Audino checks Nasty Plot Liepard and Swords Dance Shiftry, Wish support helps keep Magmortar from dying from repeatedly coming in from Stealth Rock, and cures Quagsire of Toxic and burns since that would completely shut down its sweep.

Threats to this core include wallbreakers, such as Haunter, Zangoose, mixed Samurott, and Magmortar, but that's to be expected given what the core was designed for. As for setup sweepers, the only ones that look to be a huge threat are Swords Dance grass types like Abomasnow or the rare Sawsbuck, though they can't switch in on Magmortar, and Nasty Plot Ninetales.

The spreads are pretty standard. If anyone has ideas for alternate EV spreads, particularly for Quagsire, I'd love to hear them.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
This thread is starting to reach the end. ORAS is over, and we patiently await Sun and Moon. This thread is going to be locked, but expect a SM cores thread in the future! Thanks to all that made this thread as sucessful as it was!!!!

Reactions: nv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)