Announcement Goodbye and Good Riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Hello,

This is a post from the NU Moderation Team (poh, Finchinator, Roxiee, and myself) informing the community that we have removed shiloh from his spot as NU Tier Leader effective immediately. We have lost complete confidence in his ability to run a tier. Ever since eternally stepped down, we have seen that shiloh really has no clue what he is doing and are even shocked at how he can function on a day-to-day basis in real life. While lax was here, he at least could be looked towards so shiloh's incompetence was not on full display, but once again once lax stepped down (no doubt due to shiloh's behavior); we are now in a state where we cannot go on like this any longer. After lengthy discussions with Senior Staff, shiloh has finally been demoted. The last straw for both us and them was when he said that anyone that would send him their stimulus checks would be promoted to tier leader. Luckily, the moderation team removed this post before anyone else saw it, but we could not let him continue to be leader after this.

Now for where we go from here, I think it is fairly obvious. We will now we ruling as a moderation team but each taking turns holding the crown as "NU Tier Leader" to prevent any infighting amongst us. Every week we shall have a different moderator rotated in, and they will move forward with tiering for that week. We are also going to be moving to a new system based on a more democratic method, using strawpolls and room polls in order to decide the results of any suspect tests or unbans. This means we can be more liberal with our testing and can even ban multiple aspects of the metagame in a day, or bring down multiple in order to test out new metagames. This week. I will be taking the title of NU Tier Leader, and as such I will be holding my first test by putting up a poll on Ninjask. I believe it to be a completely useless and unviable mon in the tier and do not want people bringing it up anymore, so my solution is to just ban it. This poll will close soon, so please get your vote in ASAP!
https://www.strawpoll.me/42884318

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Excellent news, everyone! As the poll indicates, we will be banning Ice-types from NU effective immediately. Thanks to all who participated!

Now, we had tier shifts today. Unfortunately for us, we lost a few key cogs in the tier---Golisopod and Gastrodon in specific. However, PU didn't even gain anything AND lost multiple important utility Pokemon. I find this unjust, and because I'm a man of the people, I'd like for us to force drop two Pokemon into PUBL (whether the PU TLs choose to free them is up to them). Therefore, I have included a poll link with some Pokemon I think would be very fun additions to their metagame, so make sure to vote!

https://www.strawpoll.me/42886982

Rabia

GP & NU Leader
In an astonishing turn of events, Entei will be dropping yet another tier, and joining it will be Tyrantrum! Sure hope you enjoy your new tier, gum :)

The last poll for today is upon us, and I was thinking about just how many Pokemon we have in NUBL. Like, SURELY not all of these are broken, right? I mean shit, we banned Tornadus back when Drizzle was around; that might just be up there in top 10 dumbest decisions under the shitloh leadership lol. Anyhow, we're gonna free five of these, so here's the poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/42888114

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)