goodbye

I'm not one to get over attached to people or things, but I can't help but feel a special bond with you galbia. I talked to you for a little in PM earlier this afternoon, but I feel a public standing ovation is a more fitting tribute to one of the all time greatest tier leaders on smogon (dare i say, the *best* tier leader on smogon of all time?).
How you handled yourself, how you worked, how you made a community of nobodies and somebodies alike feel cohesive, happy and fun, in my opinion, is unmatched by any tier leader on smogon that ive ever seen from my experiences on this platform.
How you brought PU from a stage of shitty OM to competitive alongside core metas in a matter of 1-2 generations served as an exemplery achievement, and in many ways has set the foundations for this tier going forward into the future. Needless to say, this was a miraculous journey; and with yourself at the helm, I've loved every second of it.

Onwards and upwards PU; its how galbia wanted it, and its how we'll do it.
Peace buddy, good luck with you're irl ventures, you'll always have a special place here :blobheart:

galbia. g. my dude. this is sad. truly sad. but im happy. im happy for you because you know whats best for you and if you say this isnt in your best interest so be it and im happy you took this decision. it also shows your good judgement even during your last breath as putl. i wasnt around when this tier was even more of an untier than it is now (om levels or some shit) but ive been here for years now and you were always here for me and for everyone. the big g you could always turn to in case you needed anything and the voice of reason during even the most heated arguments. i think ive known you more than most people here and i have to say it was a damn good time. building mono letter teams in oras. trying the most innovative sets and laddering with them only to lose to even more innovative garbage, or when u built me hot teams at a moments notice for god knows what bitch sas tournament. the nights on togethertube with leru anty raiza and whoever. conopizza, all the good music we listened to, good times, i legit had plenty of fun. i wish you good luck g! and i hope to see u around soon

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I've been on smogon, playing different tiers and reading analyses since gen 3, but I never really felt like I could join any of those communities for how cliquish they were. So, I basically just stayed on the ladder, using various sims like shoddy battle until I stumbled upon PU's room on PS. If it had not been for the close-knit community that you helped create, I'd probably just be killing time in Hawaii, playing random games without having become this invested. I'm thankful for your presence, as it's been a real pleasure watching you help lead the tier from some OM with a ladder toward it becoming official. Not only that, you offered a unique perspective on the meta that I really valued - you didn't just use the same cookie cutter builds with the same 12 Pokemon, nor did you chide others for not using standard builds. At the same time, I don't think you ever really made a team so irredeemably bad that it could only be passed off as a meme. It was always refreshing seeing some of the squads you built in action, knowing that these new configurations were possible and viable.
You also helped cultivate a number of talents in your time here, which to me is a hallmark of a great tier leader - there are some people on smogon who kind of just spam that like button, and you can't really tell if they're clicking it because they like the person posting, because they happened to click like on the post above and so now they have to like the person's below, or simply because they're enthusiastic about the tier in general. For you though, I felt like there was always more meaning when you'd click it; a like from you almost always indicated high quality (or maybe you were being ironic, who knows), and so when a team or set I posted got that like from you, it made writing those phat walls of text that much more reinforcing. You had a hand in every promotion or badge I received here, so I'm still really grateful to have had your support over these last 4 years (has it been that long already?). And even if it was infrequent, I enjoyed getting to know you when we'd talk about something other than PU, whether it was about film, music, language or whatever.
Hopefully this read less like a eulogy, but I really am sad to see you go, even if it's the best choice for you in doing well at university and starting that new chapter of your life without distractions taking away from that experience.

galbia, stay well mate. You were not only the first user I've spoken to in the PU community, but I greatly appreciate the potential you've seen in me up to this point, and how you've pretty much have been the first person to have encouraged me to be the contributor in this community that I am today. Also, seeing the type of teams that you put out to Squad Dump have encouraged me to innovate and think outside the box with my teambuilding tendencies more than anything else, another thing that I'm forever grateful towards. I honestly don't know to what extent the impact that I've made here with the small time that I've been around (if at all, really, I'm just some newish guy still, I feel), but regardless, I know that my enjoyment to this tier and community wouldn't have reached to the level that's even remotely close to what it currently is today if it weren't for you.

Best of luck to you and your future endeavors! :afrostar:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
You were one of the fairest leaders on Smogon and welcoming to newbies. I remember you were willing to hear me out when I posted about Wailord before in the PU forums, when most people just thought I was trolling. Thank you for all your hard work and even more for your great character.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
I didn't establish much of a connection with you, but I still enjoyed having you around and having you as Tier Leader. Thank you for everything and best wishes for whatever comes your way in life.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
not sure if you remember g, but you were one of the main reasons i even joined the community. I know that we haven't always seen eye-to-eye but you sticking to your guns is one of the many reasons why I respect you. Thanks for giving so much to the tier for so long.

I have to thank u for getting me into playing PU properly. I remember our first battle very well, where I asked u if u would put Furret on the room intro if I beat u in a battle, for only a day I think, to which u surprisingly agreed to but more than likely wouldn't have done if i had won. After losing that battle, I decided to use the resources in the room intro to help me in hope that u would accept a rematch, and while I have forgotten many of our battles since then, I know that if it wasn't for u I mightn't be here playing PU for as long as I have. I definitely wouldn't be as good as I am either.
You've also been an incredible TL, listening to even the dumbest posts and dealing with disputes appropriately.
Thank you for being as amazing as u have been and for being there for us for so long. Best of luck with whatever the future throws at u, and we'll always appreciate the hard work u put into making PU as enjoyable as possible for all of us!

So this is a like farming thread

I didn’t have a public goodbye but I’m also dead

I’m not too much for fanfare

I’m just here to get my fair share

Might seem like I’m acting a little crazy

Early morning head a little hazy

Smash that motherfuckin like button

May seem greedy but I promise I ain’t no glutton

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mad respect for everything you have done with this tier. All your hard work has paid off a ton putting PU in the map and being so close of having official tournament representation is an incredible leap that is admirable on its own, through hard dedication is simply phenomenal. I may not be involved into PU much but doing all of that and keeping such a wonderful and wholesome community all working for the same goal of improvement without drama or anything is phenomenal being able to see all that from the distance. Almost enviable.

May have not been able to interact with you much but the few times it has been a great experience, and have an excellent impression of your persona. I tip my proverbial hat to you and wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)