ORAS OU Goon Squad - Mega Diancie HO (Peaked somewhere on the OU Ladder)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to my newest RMT! This time I'm featuring a Mega Diancie hyper offense team that I built for the OU teambuilders workshop. I believe this team was quite powerful several months back, but isn't that good now. I've gotten tired of using it so I'm officially retiring it.

The original core for this team was Mega Diancie + Breloom. Guess the basic idea is that Diancie checks Torn/Lati/Talon and Breloom can threaten some of its Steel-type checks and add priority.

Needed a rocker and a switch-in to stuff like Mega Lopunny and so on. I went with Landorus-T because it provides a nice ground immunity and has Intimidate to soften blows from physical attackers.

Next I wanted a general revenge killer and setup sweeper. Bisharp fit the bill as it provides something of a Lati switchin and defeats a lot of bulky Psychic-types which can bother this team. It also spanks Clefable which is always an annoyance.

We out here, weak to Weavile and the team's kinda slow in general. Bisharp is a neat revenge killer and all but I needed some actual speed, so Scarf Keldeo was added. It has some nice defensive properties as well, and is the only Scizor switch-in so far.

Lastly I added Torn-T. This adds some more speed and a real stallbreaker. Helpful too since the team was pretty weak to bulky Grass-types and just needed a way to break down a lot of fat cores.

Squad Overview

So before I get into breaking down each member I wanted to give a brief overview of the team outside of the building process. This is hyper offense so there is no expectation to have switch-ins for everything, sacrifices must be made. The goal is to win as fast as possible because this team is designed to just blast things to bits, you can forget longevity. So with that in mind realize that this team has a lot of weaknesses, but the key is having counterplay to everything it's weak to and trying to outplay the opponent. Lots of double switches and predictions are required to make it work, otherwise once you fall behind you won't be able to catch up. Bit of a double edged sword and why hyper offense kinda blows since you have little to no margin for error, but it's fun nonetheless.

Goons.

Member Breakdown

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Diancie has been an absolute beast for the past 6 months. It applies a ton of offensive pressure and has a limited number of really solid switch-ins. Magic Bounce is a truly dumb ability which always has to be in the back of an opponent's mind when they want to get up hazards. Anyway this Diancie is max Attack because nothing on this team really switches into Clefable so it's best to lure it. This also deals a considerable amount of damage to Amoonguss on the switch and just makes Diamond Storm really difficult to switch into. Protect does what it always does, lets you Mega safely and scout Choice users and so on. Moonblast is STAB nothing to talk about there. HP Fire is the coverage option of choice, honestly Earth Power kinda blows since most of the mons it hits aren't considered good switch-ins to Diancie anyway. Really kinda need HP Fire if you aren't running Magnezone anyway, so you can actually bop Scizor (a big threat to this team) and Ferrothorn.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Breloom is a pretty cool mon but it was a lot stronger at the time this team was built. Adamant Life Orb Loom is seriously powerful and not a lot of things switch into it well. Spore, Bullet Seed and Mach Punch are all mandatory moves on Breloom to do the usual tasks. I chose Focus Punch in the last slot since it's ridiculously strong and lets Breloom lure in some annoying mons. For example Focus Punch + Stealth Rock + Mach Punch will always KO Latios and Tornadus-T switch-ins. Focus Punch can also be spammed against mons such as Mega Venusaur to prevent them from healing up all the way meaning they can't safely switch-in to other team members like Mega Diancie.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

God knows what this Landorus-T spread does exactly, you can ask Nedor but it's still kinda arbitrary. That said I like it since it's powerful and decently fast (speed creeps +Spe 70s and a lil more) but still retains some bulk for whenever you need to actually switch into something. Swords Dance Landorus-T is an absurd wallbreaker that sets up on a lot of mons and can wreak havoc on defensive teams provided they lack an Unaware mon. Rocks are requisite on any team and STAB EQ is self explanatory. Stone Edge just to round off the coverage and provide a secondary check to fliers. Yache Berry is crucial since the team has no real switch-in to Electric-types, so it's best to lead Lando against stuff like Thundurus or Manectric and hit them off as the berry lures them.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I guess a lot of people would potentially want Pursuit Bisharp here to help Keldeo and remove annoying mons like Latios. Unfortunately this just makes the matchup with other offense and bulky teams worse since Bisharp is a crucial breaker / win condition and needs to get a Swords Dance under its belt to be the threat that its meant to be. Adamant Nature just to maximize damage and Lum Berry is to help setup against bulky teams and provides a buffer against the super annoying Rotom-Wash.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Not much to say about Keldeo that isn't common knowledge. Icy Wind is in the last slot to prevent certain setup sweepers from rampaging the team. Often times against offense, either this or Breloom can become the cleaner with their Fighting-type STAB, usually all it takes is a bit of overload. Keldeo is the real speed control on this team and helps apply offensive pressure so you don't get overrun by opposing Mega Diancies and other absurd mons like Mega Alakazam which are difficult to deal with. As a general rule of thumb if Keldeo can't handle it then Bisharp probably can which is why this has been such a potent duo for such a long time.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Taunt
- Superpower

Tornadus-T is a really difficult pokemon for many teams to deal with because of its great coverage and high speed tier. Taunt is needed here to prevent some fat mons from getting back to full HP and helps with stuff like TWave Clef as well. Heat Wave lets you beat Skarmory which is quite a nuisance and Superpower deals nice damage to Chansey and Tyranitar. Heat Wave + Superpower is kinda redundant coverage since both are aimed primarily at Steel-types, but when used together it breaks common defensive cores like Skarmory + Tyranitar and whatnot. Torn-T of course helps the team by adding another fast mon and a way to threaten stuff like Serperior and Amoonguss big time. Torn-T is the team's best way to beat stall too. Unfortunately stall has adapted to it since and that's part of the reason this team isn't as effective any more, but it's still a handful for defensive teams in general.

Threatlist
Mega Scizor - Yeah at +2 this is a major problem. Banded sets can sweep late game too so be careful. Scarf Keldeo is quite honestly a shit Scizor check since it relies totally on burns and Scald does absolutely nothing to bulky sets. The team relies mainly on keeping up offensive presence to prevent Scizor from setting up - HP Fire on Diancie, Heat Wave on Torn-T, SD Lando-T and Spore on Breloom all help to some degree.

Bulky Waters - The Scald switch-in is Keldeo. Let that sink in for a moment. So yeah pretty much all bulky waters are annoying, Suicune is one of the worse ones since Bisharp doesn't break it unlike Slowbro. Need Breloom or to SD with Lando as they switch-in, Torn-T does an ok job too. Manaphy is actually probably the biggest threat of them all since it outspeeds Breloom and if you miss Hurricane with Torn-T you can quite easily lose 2 pokemon. Rotom is pretty annoying too.

Bulky Grasses - Torn-T pls. Burn with Keldeo, SD up with Bish/Lando, do what you have to do fam.

Offensive Electrics - This team relies on Yache Lando-T in large part to deal with these. To be honest Thundurus is the biggest threat since Breloom + Bisharp + Keldeo are all capable of chipping down Manectric or Raikou into range of one of the others.

Mega Diancie / Mega Gardevoir - Show me a switch-in. Play offensive for the love of god and don't let these monsters destroy you.

Mega Charizard Y / Gengar / Kyurem-Black / any wallbreaker with a decent speed tier - I repeat, we do not have switch-ins. Kill shit, sac and make doubles as you have to.

Weavile - Keldeo is the switch-in and loses its Scarf which means its just worn down for Weav. Often times I would actually just stay in on this monster and bring in Keld afterwards to retain the scarf. Keep Diancie healthy if possible.

There is almost definitely some other stuff, given that this is hyper offense the weaknesses are abundant. Fortunately there is counterplay to almost all of these things but as I mentioned before the margin for error is very small. Big reason why I got tired of using this team and HO in general.

Well that's all there is to it. Shoutout to my friends I'm not gonna tag you all cuz I'm lazy. Interested to see suggestions to improve this team especially after a lot of recent meta shifts.

Importable
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Taunt
- Superpower

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Shitter.
  • 52 SpDef on Bisharp from speed for +1 M-Bro and Latios HP Fire.
  • Toxic on Keldeo over Icy Wind to catch Lati and Slowbro switch ins checks outside of Amoonguss helping you bring these down easier.
  • Force Palm over Focus Punch on Loom so you're not dancing around Ferrothorn while punishing certain switch ins after Spore like Latis for potential paralysis.
  • +16 HP for M-Diancie for Zard-X Flare Blitz off attack.
  • 176 HP / 164 Atk / 168 Spe Jolly on Lando-T because your Keldeo will get overloaded as the Heatran switch in which means that if you face a secondary mon that Keldeo needs to check you want to make sure at all times you have something to keep Heatran at bay. The spread is a speed bump to outpace up to base 80s and below.
Bye

hey, this is a really cool team and it's proven itself to be quite successful, i like it quite a lot n_n. i don't think i can offer much to improve the squad, but i noticed that although you put a lot of pressure on nearly every wallbreaker to compensate for the team's lack of switchins, opposing diancie are really hard for you to switch in on like you mentioned and can force you to sack mons pretty consistently while your main counterplay is scarf keldeo or putting it in range of a mach punch w/ breloom. that can be quite a nuisance given that diancie is consistently paired w/ breloom and keldeo counterplay, and it can check bisharp w.o an sd while getting a kill at minimum if it comes in against tornadus. clefable is also kind of a nuisance if it gets in on tornadus or scarf keldeo because the moonblast s/i is landorus and bisharp; it certainly won't ever win, but it's tough to come in on mb or twave with your team.

first off i'll say i agree w/ all of AM's changes to help w/ the matchups he mentioned against slowbro, latios, ferro, zardx, and heatran; all of those mons also pose threats in some form but he explained those well so there's no need to reiterate his points.

to keep constant pressure on opposing diancie and clefable, i'd recommend trying out iron tail on tornadus-t over superpower. with your current spread, you can easily ko mega diancie that try and get off a free kill against your squad and ko standard specially defensive clefable with iron tail after a hurricane. if they happen to be bold they're not taking two canes anyway either so it's moot, and iron tail can be used to handle weakened tyranitar too i suppose. this does make the matchup against stall a bit more challenging though.

cool team!

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Taunt
- Superpower / Iron Tail

hey nice team , although I know you said that you cant have switch ins for everything but a switch in to latios and keldeo would be nice since there like the best offensive mons in the tier so I recommend making Torn-t AV and then you lack power well tbh you did in the first place so then i'd make keldeo specs and lando-t scarf not only because you lack power but imo lando-t is a much better scarfer then keldeo and missing an opportunity to run specs keldeo is a sin imo .Also what did yache berry do on lando-t the only ice types in the tier being weavile and kyrum-black and you can switch keldeo in weavile and you aernt taking LO ice beam from K-b any way the only logical thing I can think of is that it for HP ice manectric or HP ice lando-t which isnt worth imo

Summary:
keldeo -> specs
lando-t -> scarf
torn-t -> AV

I don't think you need the sets but here they are any way
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

note: HP electric can work over HP bug

also that peak is amazing!!!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
hey nice team , although I know you said that you cant have switch ins for everything but a switch in to latios and keldeo would be nice since there like the best offensive mons in the tier so I recommend making Torn-t AV and then you lack power well tbh you did in the first place so then i'd make keldeo specs and lando-t scarf not only because you lack power but imo lando-t is a much better scarfer then keldeo and missing an opportunity to run specs keldeo is a sin imo .Also what did yache berry do on lando-t the only ice types in the tier being weavile and kyrum-black and you can switch keldeo in weavile and you aernt taking LO ice beam from K-b any way the only logical thing I can think of is that it for HP ice manectric or HP ice lando-t which isnt worth imo

Summary:
keldeo -> specs
lando-t -> scarf
torn-t -> AV

I don't think you need the sets but here they are any way
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

note: HP electric can work over HP bug

also that peak is amazing!!!
You do realize you just removed the mans rocker right? Dont really agree with the av tornt suggestion either seeing as it decreases the offensive presence it has but think bludz will have his own thoughts which is what matters anyways.

You do realize you just removed the mans rocker right? Dont really agree with the av tornt suggestion either seeing as it decreases the offensive presence it has but think bludz will have his own thoughts which is what matters anyways.
I said specs keldeo over scarf so you don't lose to much offensive presence on the team and I think the provides move than enough offensive presence to make up for lack of LO torn yea the loss of taunt stings but specs keldeo does just as well versus balance/stall ,ye I dint realise he no longer had a rocker so I'd say change it to soft sand rocks because the team has enough speed control in double priority and natural speed of torn-t ,I really don't get how you can be ok with the lack of keldeo and latios switch

imo this team is just asking to be destroyed by a team with rotom-w keldeo and latios every time a team with latios gets momentum (A free switch) something dies or bisharp goes down to about 20-30% (20-30% left)unless there is massive out play and every time keldeo comes out it saying I have to make a double switch predicting latios or something may dies if this team had AV torn then it get free momentum of latios although draco does around 60% its still better than having nothing and with keldeo is worse nothing can take two hydro pumps keldeo it self has a 34.8 chance to get two hit and after rocks it 90% to two hit KO this team is in srys need for a keldeo and latios counter/check , O wow big deal he loses a little bit of offensive presence a posed to having a terrible match up against keldeo and latios two of the most common mons in the tier

Ok I am wrong when it comes to lando-t but I really think AV torn-t to check/counter two of the best treats in the tier if not the best is well worth the lack of offensive pressure .And please don't give me the ''HO doesn't need check/counters'' sure it doesn't check/counter to everything in the tier but a check/counter to the best offensive mons in the tier would be pretty nice

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
kek123 I appreciate the rate but I think you are overestimating Latios against this team. I have Diancie + Bisharp so any dual STAB Lati is playing 5050s at best while it's still checked by Torn and beaten by Scarf Keld if weakened. It's also lured in by Breloom so yeah. In practice I've lost to Latios a few times late game but it really has not been a massive problem like you're making it out to be.

Edit: I admit Keldeo and Rotom are issues but slightly (AV Torn is a meh Keld check) improving my matchup against them isn't worth the trade off of losing to stall and many balances when I remove LO Torn.

None of these 3 mons are as big of a threat as many of the others I mentioned like Mega Zor or Manaphy which are way bigger threats.

Specs Keld is not nearly as strong against Balance and Stall as LO TornT. Quite frankly if you want to make that suggestion then at least suggest I change to Pursuit Bisharp. Honestly if Specs Keld is my stallbreaker then I'm gonna lose most matchups vs balance/stall.

As for Lando I mentioned that Yache is for electrics like Mane and Thund so I don't just get destroyed. My Lando is already offensive, I don't see what Soft Sand is doing for me in particular that's more useful than luring electrics. Lets me live one against Lop or Medicham too

Normally I am very receptive to rates. I actually think it's kinda silly when people get mad and try to defend their choices since the whole point of a RMT is to get suggestions. I think my issue is that in this case you tried to diagnose problems that weren't the biggest and I think while your set of suggestions may help a bit with the 3 mons you mentioned they also make me a ton weaker to a lot of other stuff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)