SS NU Goosebumps (top 2 - 1626 - 84 gxe)

GOOSEBUMPS

(click on sprites for importing the team)

Hi everyone, recently I started playing and building in NU and I am really impressed about how the meta is fun and balanced (maybe we should take a look on cresselia and hail, but in general the meta is fine).
This is the first team I made and tbh I am pretty happy about how it works well, reached 2nd place in ladder with 84 gxe.
I read a lot of articles on smogon (especially viability ranking) and I saw the underrated set QuiteQuiet made: bulky braviary with sub which is imo better than offensive spower atm.

Without further ado, I present you the sets:

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost
- Brave Bird

S/O Qquiet. This set is so fucking good, if you do not play well against it, you will certainly lose. Sub is the powerful move avoiding toxic users and sweeping on them. This set is bulkier especially in spdef for taking a lot of moves like scald vaporeon, scald blastoise, scald gastrodon, hypervoice sylveon, scald mantyne and so on.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

I wanted to add a setter. Firstly I thought about mudbray (because it works well with braviary) but I did not want to copy the team QQuiet made and so I decided to put Bronzong that helps braviary against electrics, steels, rocks. Spdef set helps taking 1 hit from dpulse zoroark and gyro ball is better vs sweepers like tyrantrum and flygon.

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Poltergeist
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot

Later I put a spinner cuz braviary (with no Heavy-Duty Boots) suffers a lot about rocks. I wanted something good as also block removal and good vs cresselia. Firstly I thought about decidueye as defogger but I wanted something bulkier and so I chose dhelmise. It is av to take smash stoise, switching better vs grass like vileplume, tom-m. Ancor Shot seems too good vs comfey or sylveon (because gyro bronzong does nothing).

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flip Turn
- Toxic Spikes

After that, I thought that with a spinner, I could have put spikes and pressured a lot with braviary. I preferred tspikes (hurting rocks) than putting golisopod, so I chose dragalge which was really cool against stuff like salandit, shao, tom-m, sylveon, arcanine. Also flip turn gives a lot of momentum which is needed.

Arcanine (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Teleport

After that, I needed something good against Copperajah, bronzong, talonflame, escavalier, drapion, machamp, comfey. Arcanine was perfect, I also thought that because I had 3 physical attackers and only 1 special, I decided to make it ftrower, also cuz It is really important for switching in a lot of mons and I didnt want to spend recoil with fblitz.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Well, lastly I wasnt so convinced to what use, ofc I wanted a nice special scarfer cuz the team was a bit passive, so I put tom-m that helped me better against braviary, mantine, starmie, golisopod, kingdra, rkilling zoroark, giving a lot of momentum. I can also put nplot instead of tbolt, but in certain situation tbolt is better for making more damage and not losing momentum switching out.

Threats:
Zoroark, Drapion, koff golisopod, ddance tyrantrum: I found a bit problematic facing these mons cuz of the lack of a fight which means you need to put arcanine on drapion, leading well against zoroark (putting tspikes up could help), putting dragalge on golisopod or trying to switch constatly arcanine and bronzong vs tyrantrum or revengekilling it with tom.

Thoughts:
Braviary won most of the games and tbh I think it should be more ranked in viability. Anyway, the change I can see on this team is shao > tom-m it could help better vs dark and tyrantrum but after braviary could be a bit problematic even if I use sedge shao.

Replays:
vs xbossarux
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1288046931-8yur5kymexofgr9ywxeo9umnw2oouu5pw
vs daniYSB
Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
vs QQuiet
vs drakifeu
vs ligmadon
vs poh
vs Davon
Screenshot:
nu.JPG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)