ORAS OU Gothitelle, I am going for you (#2 Peak 1931 GXE: 89.5)

Introduction:

The forgotten Shadow Tag bearer strikes back! This team wouldn't be remarkable had it not been for my friend Will of Fire , who climbed the ladder. Without him I wouldn't be writing this RMT either. To summarize the team strategy: this is an hyper offense team based on a core of Wobbuffet and setup sweepers. These sweepers are often Weavile and Breelom, two remarkably ravenous Pokémon in the physical side, which are very hard to stop after a Swords Dance. The team has evolved progressively, and it turned out as a "monoblue" team, composed of both Physical and Special monsters, which will be developed in this RMT.
Proof Of Peak

Teambuilding Process

The team started with Wobbuffet as the Pokemon to build around.

After i need a pokemon that can put the rocks without a problem so i think to put an Azelf.

I decided to add two physical pokemon that can increase their stats and that covered what primarily destroys the target such as Breloom and Weavile.

I saw that the team was not primarily a mega nor a pokemon that could withstand the electric type attacks so I decided to add the best volt-switch user of OU metagame

And finally decided to add the pokemon that destroys most teams and well-type water.

After the ladder pretty game completely restructure the Pokemon that were on the team and decided to change it completely leaving only the pokemon for which the equipment is made early, lord manaphy and staying with the same rocker and the team finish like this:

The Team

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

To start with: Azelf, one of the best leads and rock setters in the metagame -its only "counter" being a fast-taunter-, is able to easily setup rocks against Sableye-Mega aided with Skill Swap. While many will probably wonder the reasons of the peculiar EV spread, it's tailored to withstand a Fake Out + Frustration combo from Lopunny, and still be able to set up Rocks. Explosion allows it to prevent hazards clearing both with Defog and Rapid Spin. That's all for this Pokémon.

Move Analysis:

Stealh Rock
Team without this move is useless
Taunt
Preven the Hazards in your side
Explosion
Ka-booom
Skill Swap
Sableye-M fuck u

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 228 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Wobbuffet is the star of the team, which turns it from total garbage to a team ranking 2nd in the ladder. Its fundamental role is to bring life upon the team. Being the third Pokémon with the Shadow Tag ability (excluding NFE), and the second allowed in OU, it traps any foe Pokémon, resisting any attack -even supereffective except for a few exceptions such as Banded Hoopa-U-, and afterwards Encoring the opponent, either in order to gain momentum for a setup sweeper, or to achieve a Double K.O. with Destiny Bond. Custap Berry will often be very helpful here.

Move Analysis:(Not To much to explain here lol)

Encore
Seize and take momentum or avoid a prolonged boost
Destiny Bond
U come with me bitch
Counter
physical mons
Mirror Coat
specials mons

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

Lucario is a very powerful Pokémon, which despite having shamefully dropped to UU, still has a great potential and very few counters: after a Swords Dance, no foe can stand against him due to its very rare Steel / Fighting type. Its ability, Inner Focus, happens that in OR/AS isnt really like in BW for the main reason that the steel dont have anymore resistence to the dark type, so its better to avoid the flinch spam of jirachi. It has two priority moves: Extreme Speed with Priority +2 and Bullet Punch -with a Base Power of only 40 but STAB-boosted. Its move poll is very wide and it has access to powerful Fighting attacks such as Close Combat and High Jump Miss, as well as a powerful Steel STAB, Iron Tail, with a Base Power of 100.

Move Analysis:

Iron Tail
100 base power Stab, miss but whatever
Close Combat
Stab and better than High Jump Miss
Sword Dance
Get +2 always is better :]
Extreme Speed
Priority Needs To be somewhere

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus, the Storm kami, is a versatile Pokémon that can have movesets oriented as either Physical, Special or Mixed. Its excellent movepool has enough coverage for most of the metagame. It has a respectable speed of 111 and an extraordinary potential, having no 100% sure counter not even Chansey which falls defeated by Nasty Plot + Life Orb + Focus Blast-. Prankster allows it to use Thunder-Wave and turn the odd and morale against the opponent (enraging parahax), specially when they rely on 50/50 moves such as Sucker Punch.

Move Analysis:

Thunder Wave
Prevent Zard X sweep
Thunderbolt
Not at rain
HP Ice
Landorus-T and bulk chomp are done
Superpower
I dont like focus miss

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Now it's the turn of one of the main threads of every team: Manaphy, a Pokémon with devastating power from the Physical side due to its boosting move Tail Glow, which multiplies its Sp. Atk. by 2.5. Its movepool covers all the current metagame, and its ability (Hydration) allows it to quickly heal from any status ailment under Rain. The attack Psychic allows it to get rid of one of the common threats in the metagame, which is Mega Venusaur, and which is also one of the main threats of this team. Finally, honoring the many Gothi-stall teams spammed in the ladder, it wields Shed Sheel to avoid being trapped and getting Choice items tricked to it, a tactic known to wreck stall and bulky balance teams altogether.

Move Analysis:

Scald
burn for everyone
Tail Glow
+2.5 pfff broken
Psychic

Bye Saur-M :)
Rain Dance
Not status problem

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Mega-Swampert is a Pokémon long thought to only work in a core with Politoed. However, it turns out that this monster is able to set up Rain by itself and sweep full teams with its atrocious attack power, being one of the main counters to Electric Pokémon due to its exceptional bulk and its outstanding Attack base stat of 150. Its typing is great and its only weakness is the 4x against Grass. There is not much more to say about this underrated Pokémon, except that if it's used well it can absolutely devastate enemy teams.

Move Analysis:

Waterfall
Stab and Flinch
Ice Punch
Chomp, physical check, HAHAHA
Rain Dance

Get speed bitch
Earthquake
EQ Spam

Threats:
-

-

-
Only if is specs.
-

-
not to much teams can handdle this monster lol.
-
Ban me pls.
-
Needs to play very good the mindgames.

Shoutouts:
First for Will of Fire for obvius reasons cause he put this team in the top of the ladder and for my friend and admin Slayer95 for the translate help and for us cleanmates from EG and IK.

Importable
V1 of the team and being Honest, i prefer this version than other one
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
V2 of the Team
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
Replays:
-http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-292621683 vs. bc wish killer
-Other Replays will be updated soon.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Nice Wobb squad! I have a small number of comments for you, but on the whole it is a really solid team :)

On Wobbuffet, your spread is outdated/slightly inefficient. A spread of 12 HP / 248 Def / 228 SpD / 20 Spe is better suited to the metagame because it allows Wobbuffet to outpace neutral natured Quagsire, lettting you choose when to encore it with complete freedom (its sweet to lure an EQ w/ Luke only to trap it with Wobb and lock it before it can Toxic), while meeting the same defensive benchmark and giving you near-identical special bulk with less investment.
Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
Finally, you have Shed Shell on Mana without a Pursuit trapper. The main draw of Shed Shell Mana is that it is able to escape from Goth and have a teammate proceed to Pursuit trap it. On V1, you have an SD Weavile. Have you considered switching it out for Pursuit, as it allows Mana to lure and eliminate Goth with much more ease. On V2, have you considered using Scarf Krookodile over M-Swampert? Krookodile gives this team a way of Pursuit trapping Gothitelle while also acting as a cleaner much like Swampert does courtesy of Moxie being broken sweet for cleaners, while also acting as an electric check (strong emphasis on check because the rise of GK Thundy doesn't really help Swampert's cause in the role of electric stop) much like Swampert did.
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Iron Tail

Other than that, this team looks very solid. Nice work!

Hey gamer boy thanks for the tips i have added the EVS spread wobbu to post it I find it very useful as you say so to beat Quagsire the main reason for what you say to beat Quagsire speed and take advantage of a turn and pulling power encore and you prune have waited a further momentum the battle.

Is True that in the Mono Blue Version i dont have a trapper but happens that the idea is that the manaphy dont get trapper so the idea of dont have a trapper is cause u can safely put the Mega Swampert and dont lose anything cause for his natural bulk the psychic wont do to much, and put the rain, like i said in my post i prefered the first version and i dont use pursuit>SD cause the idea of the team if that one get momentum and set up with the Weavile that if he gets +2 nothing cant take the hits, and your idea i think is better T-tar Scarf in the case but i prefer really much the team that is in this moment.

Hey Znain, really nice team u got there with very few weaknesses at all. Im gonna use it j4f on the ladder tho.

But one of the things thats really good against u is a Basic slowbro/heatran/ferrothorn core.
And u cant even safely trap em with wob ( slowbro has got the nice move aka twave, heatran has taunt and toxic, ferro has leech seed)
just 4 example, ur luc gets walled by bro, thundi gets walled by ferro and defensiv heatrans, manaphy gets walled by ferro and bro to an extent, and Pert gets walled by bro and ferro.
So id suggest you two things.
Either a Nasty Plot hp flying FB thundurus and a tailglow eball, scald, ibeam salac Berry manaphy.
Salac Berry manaphy destroys offense if salac Berry activates and its just slightly weaker against fat squads. ( ill add some ev spreads later )

And the last thing,

Bisharp
LO sucker punch just destroys ur team already but a +2 one sweeps easily. Pert needs to be weakened just a little little bit iirc and if u dont win 50/50s with ur lucario, sucker punch is an OHKO.
So id suggest you a machpunch user who does the same role as Luc. Im thinking about Infernape (band or mixnape is actually reslly good )rn but ill test this a lil bit out.

Well then i hope i helped fren^^

Erz hello thanks you very much good to say that the team is pretty good, and if it covers the basics and destroys the main cores used in the current metagame OU also sets can be changed and tested since neither I nor my friend who laddeo usWe offend at all, nothing to do, we would be well pleasing to know a new recommendation set and / or spread that suits more to the team, and if it is true that the team is somewhat weak Bisharp thing is to paralyze and then play well the mindgames is one of the largest threads and when this low life Lucario thanks for the tips and to other.

-And i also suggest to u to use the v1 of the team is really good too, my friend peaked the top 2 with that team before but happens that i lost the SS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)