Gotta Stay Focused: TheGr8's VGC Philly 2012 Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGr8’s Philadelphia Warstory!

Me before Round 1

First off, I’m going to introduce myself, I’m TheGr8, TrainerTheGr8, or just Gr8 whatever you prefer is fine by me lol, and I have been in the smogon community for just about a year now. I have honestly met some of the best people through VGC and smogon, it’s incredible. I’ve been to 3 events which Philly was my 3rd and by far it was the greatest experience of my VGC events. I’ve already done 2 real life intros in my past warstories so I’m going to save those, all you need to know is I love hockey, and video games (: The reasoning for the title is when I was playing, everytime I talked to Cybertron, I said, gotta stay focused! Let’s get this war story started!

This adventure picks right back up from after Providence, which for many know how poorly I did there (2-4) and I was truly motivated by myself and others to do much better at Philly. About 2 months ago, I started to get back into playing mainly because I needed a break with school and my new job. I started to think about what I was going to do, and ya know asked for some advice along the way and I was truly happy with my team until Friday, when I made 1 complete poke change and a whole different change to one mon which you will see. Those changes happened to be key for a few of my matches, and after the day was over I was really glad I made them. Once I had my team pretty much all set, I went straight to practicing, every chance I could sit down at a computer or via wifi I was playing with my team testing leads, etc. It honestly has been quite the adventure this year with VGC, and I am going to TRY to go to Nats if I can get the time off from work! I would really like to thank my parents who love to travel and watch these events, for taking the time to bring me down there seeing as how I hate driving near cities. The whole weekend was really great and I possibly couldn’t have been there without them.

Saturday: April 14th, 2012
Warning: All of it is a long read!

I had woken up at 6 on that Saturday mainly because my dad asked me to come in to help his work out and I went in until 12 that day, knowing that I would be leaving for Philly in less than a few hours. I was more than pumped especially because I just wanted to see everyone again from Smogon. Surprisingly the day went by so fast in the morning because I just wanted to leave for Philly already! I had pretty much packed everything the night before, most of my games and my VGC 11 bag that I always lose once at every regional, almost couldn’t find my pokeball dog tag but it was in my bag already lolol. By the team everything was done, we had left around 2:30 from Connecticut for the drive down to Philadelphia.

We were so ready

During the drive down, I was listening to my VGC Philly Playlist, checking the score for the Capitals game which drained my phone, and updated twitter. We had stopped in New Jersey at a rest stop, and they had Cinnabon, my day was MADE, that was so delicious I wanted more. There was a ton of traffic as we started to get closer to Philly. I loved being near cities because I had 4g LTE on my phone and I was pretty pumped about that also since where I live in CT is well a small town.

Philly Sign!

We have finally arrived in Philly, there was still about 20-30 more minutes of driving to our hotel mainly because we stayed a bit outside of Philly which wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. When we arrived at our hotel it was about 7:20 and I was really anxious to go out and see things because I have never been to Philly before. We sat our stuff down in our room, and hurried out the door seeing as how usually in CT malls close at 9-10 o’clock and it was already 7:30. We headed out to the King of Prussia Mall, which was so big, is had a walk way separating two parts of the mall. We walked around for a while, went to a few stores, got my Pikachu plushie that was clipped onto my shirt Sunday. It was about 830 by this time, and we sat down and had dinner.

Philly Cheesesteak <3

It wasn’t right to be near Philly and NOT have one of these. It was honestly the best one I had ever eaten; too bad I couldn’t have one right in Philly. After we ate we headed back to the hotel, and I got onto IRC, played my game a little and was watching some hockey on tv till I passed out at 11.

Sunday: April 15th, 2012

The big day had finally arrived. I had woken up at 6:30 because I had to be at the convention center between 8-9 for Cybertron lol. We went down stairs into the lobby of our hotel, and had breakfast. I never eat a lot before events, but I had 2 donuts, and some turkey sausage lol. I legit broke a fork trying to cut the sausage, it kinda sucked. Some lady also came up to me and was like I love your Hartford Whalers hat it was cool to see people knew what it was down there. Anyway, we went back up into the room, packed all of my stuff to get ready for the day.

Aweee yeah Pikachu but my eyes closed?

We left our hotel at 7:45, and it takes us about 25-30 minutes to get the convention center, we parked out car in the garage and I get outta the car and the first smogoner I see was LudiImpact which I didn’t know who that was at first. We get out of the elevator and head over to the entrance of the convention center, I walk in the lady asks me if I am here for pokemon? I was like of course, and proceeded to head up the escalator. When I got up there I met Griff, a member of Pokecommunity while waiting for more smogoners to show up. I see iss walk in and I go over to talk to him and hang out for a while too. Cybertron and Babbytron finally had gotten there, so we went into that right lobby and hung out with TDS,iss, EnFuego and a few other people.

Picture with Zheng! First picture of the day!

It was about 9:15 at this point and the seniors and juniors had to get in line for registration. By this time a few other smogoners had joined us such as Wolfey,Kinderlew/Kinderbro,Stormfront,dtrain,human. The seniors went in for registration and we all hung out for a while, the staff finally came over with registration cards for masters.

BABBYTRON could be a master?

We all filled out our cards and sat down near the escalators, and some of us battled and some of us talked and what not. Then Sapphire Birch and his friends came and sat with us as well, so it was a fun little Smogon masters group. I watched Wolfey vs dtrain battle which was quite awesome to see. We legit sat around forever, some ;left to get drinks and what not, and then the line finally moved up, we were close to actually registering when I saw Jio,Solace, EE, and Shinkou. Solace and Jio came over to our group while we were in line and InfiniteParalysis came and found me with his huge slowpoke necklace which was quite awesome! After our little group registered we went downstairs to the food court after we wondered around a bit and I had eaten some burger king around 11:30 which we had to be back for 12 for the comp to start for us. Well we get back up there and a staff member comes out and tells us that masters is going to be delayed till 2 PM, we kinda figured that because the juniors and seniors were moving really slow. So we chilled outside of the hall that the seniors and juniors were playing at, I kinda walked back and forth checking on people were doing. In side the hall I met a few new and old people like biffster, pungentfruit, hitmonrocker.sp67, and a few other random people who came up to me and asked me if I was TheGr8 :P. After that the smogon masters group went back down to the food court to get food and we chilled down there till around 1:30 I would say, and we head back up to check on the seniors and juniors. We get back and are there by two o'clock, and the seniors and juniors are still going on, it's like round 4 or 5 and we are like well we aren't starting at 2 lol. From here on out I stayed inside the play area to watch and see how people were doing and to figure out what was going to happen with the masters since we would be starting about 3 hours late. Anyway I hung around with Solace, NatGeo between his arounds for a while trying to figure out what was going to happen for masters and then the news hit. 2 Flights 7 rounds of swiss and topcut. It was an amazing idea and we were all excitied until......we saw how the flights were divided. It was pretty much Smogon=Pink Randoms + Few smogoners= Green. Pink was the toughest flight with players such as Wolfey,EnFuego,Jive,Solace,EE,Human,Storm, pretty much everyone that I was hanging out with. It's finally time after waiting 3 hours for masters to start! In between rounds I met some new people who weren't from smogon like the girl dressed as Dawn, she was awesome! Everyone loved my Electivire and Growlithe plushies as well <3

Now onto the team, but first I would like to say thank you so much to Biosci and Cassie, who gave me my entire team because I didn’t really have the time this regional to RNG my team myself. I really appreciate what you guys did for me, and even the entire community as a whole. Honestly, I wish I could have thanked you guys in person but Bio you are all the way in Hawaii and Cassie you couldn’t attend but it’s alright, I’m just showing my love and support for what you guys and others do for our VGC and Smogon community as a whole You guys rock<3

My team <3

Not listing everything I might be going to Nats.
Pretty much, If I felt comfortable I ran the same thing each time, and it was quite effective for me so why change that's not broken? I’m going to apologize early for this because I didn’t take amazing notes so it may be hard to follow and I’m sorry for that I did my best.

Round 1: Paul Livering

From the team preview I wasn't really worried about anything except whims because I thought it would be a tailwind team so If he had used that I needed to feel ready for that so I picked what I felt was good. He was wicked chill though we talked for a while before we started to play and he was new to the VGC scene but he said he has enjoyed what he had so far.

TheGr8:

Paul:

Turn One: I faked out his Whimsicott with Hitmontop and then used tailwind with Zapdos right after. He used shadow ball on Hitmontop and did about half.

Turn Two:
Used HP Ice on Whimsicott, brought it down to low red. Hitmontop uses Close Combat---Fighting Gem increases Close Combats Power on Rotom-W. He tried setting up sub with Whimsicott but he was too low health, and then he used Volt Switch on Hitmontop and he switched in his Volcarona.

Turn Three: I thunderbolt with Zapdos on Volcarona, Volc goes to half HP and paralyze. I Close Combat Whims to finish it off. He sends out Landorus

Turn Four: I use Sucker Punch with Hitmontop on Volc it k/o's but I get burned and have low red health. Then Zapdos uses HP Ice on Landorus and it Ohko's it. Hitmontop dies due to burn. I send in Latios and he sends in his low health Rotom-W

Turn Five: I use Dragon Pulse with Latios to finish off his Rotom-W.

3-0

Record: 1-0

Round 2: Michael Mitchem

From the Preview: I saw a strong sand team, I was worried if his Garchomp was carrying BrightPowder, and I needed to figure out what to do fast, I honestly felt like alright with leading and using the same team as R1 esp Scizor.

TheGr8:

Michael:

Turn One: I fake out Garchomp, and then use HP Ice on ttar for some reason that was a bad play on my part, he uses rock slide, and it does to sitrus to Zapdos and nothing on Htop really. Both my mons take sand damage

Turn Two: I use Wide Guard with Hitmontop predicting the EQ. He uses EQ and hits his own ttar. Hitmontop is still at high green, and I use HP ice with Zapdos on Garchomp it ko's. He went for Rock Slide with Ttar as well and Wide Guard protected my team. He sends in Gastrodon for his fallen Garchomp. Both my mons take sand damage

Turn Three:
He uses protect on Ttar, I had used Tbolt on ttar but he was protected. CC FG to Gastrodon which brought it down to low yellow. He used scald on Zapdos and burned Zapdos. Both my mons take sand damage

Turn Four:
At this point I was thinking he was going to try again for that spread attack so I used Wide Guard on Hitmontop, Zapdos used Tbolt on ttar and brought it to low red. He uses Scald on Hitmontop and gets the burn. So now both of my mons are in high yellow and taking burn and sandstorm damage.

Turn Five:
I'm like oh great he got two burns and I'm taking sand damage, I really need to get going quickly. I was predicting him to try and save ttar. He protects with Ttar, I use Heat Wave with Zapdos, should have done HP Ice, CC on Gastro, is low red now, and Scald finishes off my Zapdos. Send in Scizor.

Turn Six:
Exaclty what I wanted him to do was to protect with Ttar so I could bring in Scizor and clean up. I use Bullet Punch with Scizor to finish off his Ttar and then use CC on Gastro to take that out as well. Hitmontop feints from burn and sand damage. I send in Latios and he sends in Exca

Turn Seven: I protected with Latios, Exca rock slides, doesn’t do much to Scizor, I bug Bite him, seeing if he had a berry and not much else I could do.

Turn Eight: He uses EQ with Excadrill, doesn’t hit Latios and does nothing really to Scizor, and I use HP Ground to ko Exca.
2-0

Record: 2-0

Round 3: Jivetime

Right from seeing him, I knew this would be tough mainly because I know he’s a great player and it showed. I was so nervous to play a smogoner this early :/ From the team preview I had a bit of an idea what to expect but it was quite difficult. I picked what has been working well for me because I shouldn’t have had a too big of problem so I thought…

TheGr8:

Jivetime:
??

Turn One: I really wanted to get a good start so I faked out Cress, and got tailwind up with Zapdos, He uses Ice beam with Gastro and he freezes Zapdos ):

Turn Two:
Zapdos was frozen solid, I CC’d Gastro to med yellow, and he psychic’d me and it brought Hitmontop down to low red and he used ice beam on zapdos sitting at yellow because of sitrus berry.

Turn Three: I figured Htop was going to die so I Sucker Punched Cress and it did quite a bit and he finished me off with a Psy. He then used recover with Gastrodon. Here I was like oh crap this really is rough.

Turn Four:
I sent in Scizor to deal with Cress. He made a great play switched out Cress for Sala and I used Bug Bite on it didn’t do much. Idk what Gastro did I forgot to write it down.

Turn Five:
I honestly had no idea what to do after Zapdos getting frozen esp 1st turn it was rough so I switched Scizor for Latios, and he switched in Cress, and my notes got really confusing so if he could remember what happened. He knocked Zapdos out with a Gastrodon Ice Beam
All I can remember from there was Latios-Scizor, me k/oing Cress with a flying gem acro crit and then dying to HW crit on Scizor. It was a good game I wish Zapdos wasn’t frozen ): good game Jive!

0-3

Record: 2-1
Round 4: Rob(ZOMG)

Well I didn’t take notes for this one because I lost all my pens. I remember the team preview though and I was curious to see what his strat was.

TheGr8:

Him:

He was trying a sheer cold mimic strat put it took Articuno out in one shot, and then his plan kinda went down from there I believe it was either 2-0 or something, I remember also him sporing both Latios and Scizor at the end with Breloom, he literally couldn't touch me and he was just trying to do whatever he could. This is why I took notes on every battle so I could remember .___. Sorry man!
2-0

Record: 3-1

Round 5: Tristan Macek

This photo was taken by Cybertron!

One of Birch’s friends I had met earlier, it was quite cool to play another good player I had just met a bit earlier. From the team preview I was a bit hesitant on what to choose but I was really pumped up at this point due to doing already better than RI. You can see in the picture how hard I was thinking lol. I saw Volc and I knew I had to bring Ttar I was trying to predict that well, let’s see how it goes.

TheGr8:

Tristan:

Turn One:
He used Fake out on my hit which showed he was faster obviously. Thundurus used Tbolt on zapdos it did about half, I think sitrus kicked in? then I got TW up with Zapdos

Turn Two: I really wanted to get Thundurus out and have some damage and CC was a safer play for me. He switches out Hitmontop for Gastrodon, He Twaves Zapdos, I use HP Ice on Thundurus which does quite a bit medium yellow, and go for CC on Gastro again down Med yellow.

Turn Three: I was pretty much thinking I was toast so I wanted to get some damage in on Gastro. I Sucker Punch his Gastro with Htop. He tbolts Zapdos which brings him down again to yellow. Following that I used HP Ice on Thundurus which ko’d it. He uses Icy wind which slows both of my pokemon. He sends in Volcarona

Turn Four:
He starts off by using Quiver Dance to try to outspeed me in tailwind. Hitmontop uses CC on Gastro, he lives with red health, and he uses scald on Zapdos which is able to KO it. I send in TTar now.

Turn Five: Now it was time to really play smart in the next few turns because I knew tailwind was going to run out soon. He protects with Volcarona I sucker punched gastro, then rock slided it and it was ko’d. He sends in Hitmontop which Intimidates TTar and Hit.

Turn Six: This is where kinda of a prediction plus misclick can cost the game. I switched out Hitmontop for Latios because I was fearing the bug buzz on ttar so I couldn’t switch with him and I wanted top for later. He misclicks and fakes out Latios, ttar gets the rock slide off OHKO’s Volcarona and does little to Htop. I knew when he said oh crap that he misclicked. Tailwind had gone out.

Turn Seven: I kinda forgot what happened to Latios but hitmontop came in and Faked out his hitmontop and ttar used brick break, he was low red.

Turn Eight: SP with my hitmontop on his.

It really stunk how a misclick completely changed the game, he woulda had it. Did not play as well as I was earlier, got lucky. Sorry bud ):

2-0

Record: 4-1

Round 6: Jesse Spinelli

This guy was pretty sweet to talk to, he was really impressed by a lot of the smogoners he was surrounded by. Anyway from the team preview I really didn’t see a whole lot of chemistry or flow with his team, so I kinda just kept doing the same thing. I legit have turns 1 and two then the final turn mainly because it was actually a great battle and IO wanted to focus.

TheGr8:

Jesse:
??

Turn one: I was thinking of fake out hax and ill be fine well I faked out Hax and tbolted volc which brought it to low yellow and he hit hurricane on hitmontop which A. Brought me to low red, and B. confused me. I explained to him how rain can help hurricane for a future reference (:

Turn two: Outrage hit on hitmontop and ko’d then I took out Volc with another tbolt.
From here on it was pretty intense.

It came down to Latios vs Metagross. He was about a little under half I was low green. Basically if my attack didn’t ko I would have lost potentially. I used HP ground and it was enough to take down his meta. This was a really tough matchup that I had to stop taking notes. I gave him my youtube/twitter name and how to look me up on smogon and kinda pointed him to that direction. He really wanted to beat me, but if he sees this I know he saved the battle! PM it to me!

1-0

Record: 5-1

Round 7: Sapphire Birch

When I went over to the match ups I was like oh my god, Angel…. I was so worried about this match because Birch is a very solid player and had helped me a bit earlier in the week figure out some stuff for my team last minute. So he knew my team essentially and I knew a little about his. We both wished each other good luck and the video will do the talking.

Battle shown here:

3-0

Record 6-1

In pink flight I was 7th, and I missed top cut ): but still I was very happy about how well I did seeing as how RI wasn’t good to me D: It was an amazing day and I am very glad I got to go to philly!

Pink Flight Standings

There I am number 7 in Pink Flight. It looks like all the practicing and everything has paid off in the end.

Pictures <3
Getting Hack Checked!

Round 7 lol at me and Stormfront!

Me vs Tristan again

Sarah and I the girl dressed as Dawn!

I don't know what this picture of Cybertron and I is?

With Solace and Griff!

Yo Birch! You got the Bye?

First Round again

Cybertron,Pungent, and Drifblim!

Jio, me and our Shellos' we got in RI

lololo Ditto,Myself and EE in the back

dtrain and I

Sarah and I again :p this time it wasn't candid lol.

Let's get my Hitmontop in there with Kinderlew

Tournament info on my DS

Shoutouts: May add some more after

Aaron/Cybertron: Your motivation was really appreciated to me, you supported me before and throughout the day, and seeing how excited you got after I was doing so well was awesome. If anyone kept me positive from Providence till Philly it was you telling me that, when I needed it! Your help with my team at certain times when I had questions is greatly appreciated! I just thank you for your support and confidence. You're one of greatest people I'm glad I'm chill with on Smogon and oh yeah Best text ever. I loveeeee youuuuuuuuuu lololol.

Sapphire Birch: Oh my little cheerleader lolol, You helped me finalize parts of my team, and you also gave me motivation mostly as a mentor. It was so tough playing you in r7 but it was one of the greatest experiences for me in VGC! Respect Csmugs<3

Aaron Traylor:
You've always wished me luck and really somehow knew I would do better at Philly than RI. Thank you!

iss: Ahh, iss. You looked over my team before, and you really helped me out and wished me the best of luck. It kinda stunk that you couldn't stay but only to read about everything on twitter!

Wolfey:
When you said "TheGr8 how do you want to do today?" I answered just better than RI. Something hit me and it made me want to be near you guys at the top and I said to myself I'm going all out. It was awesome to meet and hang out with you though man! Glad you can still go to Nats even if you came in 2nd :D

Human:
Oh my god Enosh, we had the greatest time in Philly, you are wicked funny, and it was fun going on IRC and what not. It was cool to finally chill with you for a while, sucks we didn't get a picture together good job on placing top4 :/

Biosci/Cassie:
I thanked you guys above, but once again thank you for my mons <3 I couldn't have played in Philly without you guys!

Mac: One of my good friends from Smogon and PC. You really helped me calm my nerves down the day before and that week. There were some changes I made and you know what I'm talking about. I know you're one of my bro's till the end, I really wish you could have come though and met griff and I!

PC Fam <3: How could I forget my first pokemon forum home. You guys were awesome the days prior and the days of supporting me and griff at the VGC. You guys helped me perfectly figure out my RNG back in Nov, and I'm always in irc with you guys! You guys do come here which is great too, glad to see you on Smogon. Thank you twlightblade,mia,mac,gonzo,twisted,ozzy,kiro and everyone else! I wish you guys would get into VGC!!!

Props:

• Going 6-1 7th in the hardest flight
  • 2 Flights with Top Cut
  • Hanging out with dtrain,Solace,EE,Cybertron,iss,EnFuego,Birch,TDS,Jio,Wolfey,Storm,Ditto everyone else in that huge group :D
  • Meeting new people like Pungent,TDS,Wolfey, Natgeo biff,Ludi,Stormfront, etc.
  • Meeting new people not from Smogon like Sarah, Griff from PC, Severah from PC/Smogon, Paul, Jesse.
  • ryujin jakka announcement, that was hilarious we were all dying.
  • Eating an actual Philly Cheese steak.
Slops:

• Not making top cut ):
  • Masters running 3 hours late
  • Staff wasn't expecting that turnout.
  • 5 hour car ride, but totally worth it

My experience at the Philly regional was the best by far! Mainly because I got to hang out with everyone for such a long time due to the delay in the masters division! I am really hoping I can get the time off from work to go to Nats, that'd be so awesome. I am really looking forward to what the future brings, and I will keep practicing. I also wanted to add, that I really love being a part of Smogon and it's VGC community, throughout the tournament I was writing down Smogon.com and having people who were interested to come check it out. Mainly it was people who I played that wanted to find me online sometime.

Thank you guys for reading this, I hope you enjoy this as much as I had fun writing it, which took two days pretty much on and off to finish it. It was 11 pages in Word when I finished it :P it looked alot longer on there though. I really hope I can go to Nationals!

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I had forgotten who I photobombed. Apparently it was you and Ditto.

Also, it should have been a top cut at 8 for both flights. I would have liked to have played you. Maybe at Nats, haha.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations Tom on making it as far as you did this time as the effort shows, and great to see you again. I see we had the same 2 opponents with Michael Mitchum & Sapphire Birch at least.

Congrats on doing so well! I'll want a rematch eventually where I don't misclick haha. It's Tristan if you didn't know my name on here =P though I don't go on too often

Congrats on doing well! You did WAY better than RI. It was bad funny when I saw you and was just staring cause I wasn't sure if it was you. Good Job!

sup n_n im in the corner of that photo with cybertron and pungentfruit in it, the little flash of blond is the top of my head :D

grats on your record btw! you're actually a really cool guy to talk to haha

reading this i realize why people take notes :P

A lot of fun hanging out with you. I don't understand how, but it seems like everyone who was in the vicinity when Kinderlew played What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction did well at Philly regionals. If only kinderbro and the rest of the seniors listened to this they might have done better just like the rest of us. Still, lots of great things happened in our little (big) group of like 15-25 people.

First Round first row of tables was pretty great, seems like a lot of the people who did well were there too. Although Sarah (girl who dressed as Dawn), did seem like she was a little bit mad when we were all going undefeated or X-1 at some point.

Great job at going 6-1, huge improvement over RI, that's for sure.
When JiveTime and I took a bathroom break during round 7 of swiss we were wondering what our battle really meant, thought it was going to be your battle with SapphireBirch and my battle with him to choose who got 4th place in our flight, I was geniunely surprised when it was Ben7000 instead of you.

You're a boss Tom! You seriously saved me Saturday morning, haha. You beat a lot of tough people on your way up there, and I really wish it was Top 8 cut rather than a Top 4. Regardless, you did amazing and it was great seeing you again. Nationals now? :)

"Turn Two: Used HP Ice on Whimsicott, brought it down to low red. Hitmontop uses Close Combat---Fighting Gem increases Close Combats Power on Rotom-W. He tried setting up sub with Whimsicott but he was too low health"
Was he running Infiltrator Whimsicott? xD

Anyways, just wanted to give you props on creating an enjoyable and well detailed story (and a very solid performance!)

I had forgotten who I photobombed. Apparently it was you and Ditto.

Also, it should have been a top cut at 8 for both flights. I would have liked to have played you. Maybe at Nats, haha.
Haha you photobombed us? Where are these pictures :P I agree it would have been awesome for Top 8 in each Flight.

Great job getting #7 especially in the Pink flight, I heard that was MUCH harder than our green one D':

Hopefully see you next year!
Thank you Wario! It was nice meeting you, and yes Pink was so tough.

Congratulations Tom on making it as far as you did this time as the effort shows, and great to see you again. I see we had the same 2 opponents with Michael Mitchum & Sapphire Birch at least.
Thank you EE, that means alot. I had a rough showing in RI but yeah I'm glad the day went well. Yeah two of the same opponents and all day I was worried about pairing up with you again.

Congrats on doing so well! I'll want a rematch eventually where I don't misclick haha. It's Tristan if you didn't know my name on here =P though I don't go on too often
haha I agree! We do need as rematch, the misclick ): I knew who it was! It was nice to meet you bro!

Congrats on doing well! You did WAY better than RI. It was bad funny when I saw you and was just staring cause I wasn't sure if it was you. Good Job!
lolololol ludi you parked near me and I was like umm who is that. Thank you though and it was nice to meet you too!

sup n_n im in the corner of that photo with cybertron and pungentfruit in it, the little flash of blond is the top of my head :D

grats on your record btw! you're actually a really cool guy to talk to haha

reading this i realize why people take notes :P
Yeah taking notes deff helped this time, lol and thank you! You did well too for your first VGC! It was nice to meet you Nat!

A lot of fun hanging out with you. I don't understand how, but it seems like everyone who was in the vicinity when Kinderlew played What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction did well at Philly regionals. If only kinderbro and the rest of the seniors listened to this they might have done better just like the rest of us. Still, lots of great things happened in our little (big) group of like 15-25 people.

First Round first row of tables was pretty great, seems like a lot of the people who did well were there too. Although Sarah (girl who dressed as Dawn), did seem like she was a little bit mad when we were all going undefeated or X-1 at some point.

Great job at going 6-1, huge improvement over RI, that's for sure.
When JiveTime and I took a bathroom break during round 7 of swiss we were wondering what our battle really meant, thought it was going to be your battle with SapphireBirch and my battle with him to choose who got 4th place in our flight, I was geniunely surprised when it was Ben7000 instead of you.
Haha yeah dude it was so much fun hanging out with you guys. lolololol Kinderlew's singing must have helped us greatly. Yeah Sarah did well though as I talked to her from like Round 4 till 7. I fixed your mistake on Philly and put RI :P. That would have been awesome if I made top cut though!

You're a boss Tom! You seriously saved me Sunday morning, haha. You beat a lot of tough people on your way up there, and I really wish it was Top 8 cut rather than a Top 4. Regardless, you did amazing and it was great seeing you again. Nationals now? :)
Aaron! fixed your mistake first off. I really appreciate that man, as you can see from the shoutout. I wish it was too, topcut would have been fun like Human said above we thought it was their match that determined it. Thank you for your support bud. I hope so! Going to ask for my time off soon and I hope I get it!

Was he running Infiltrator Whimsicott? xD

Anyways, just wanted to give you props on creating an enjoyable and well detailed story (and a very solid performance!)
Ahh thank you very much, I worked very hard on it with all of the pictures and sprites! Not sure though I kinda would think Prankster would be the BEST ability for Whims.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this as well as I did writing it (:

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
TheGr8!! :D

Still remember the RI regionals where you needed a 4th gen mons really quick that I didn't have(iirc it was scizor) and I tried to teach you how to RNG in platinum really quick xD Luckily I learned how to 4th gen breed in these last few months !_!

Tough luck with getting your amazing record and not getting to battle any longer, but you still had fun regardless it seems! Nice work and hope you can find a way to get to worlds :o

TheGr8!! :D

Still remember the RI regionals where you needed a 4th gen mons really quick that I didn't have(iirc it was scizor) and I tried to teach you how to RNG in platinum really quick xD Luckily I learned how to 4th gen breed in these last few months !_!

Tough luck with getting your amazing record and not getting to battle any longer, but you still had fun regardless it seems! Nice work and hope you can find a way to get to worlds :o
lolololol yes Bio I remember that we were so close too! I really wish on that last one and I did better than RI so I was so happy with that! Thank you man!

It was nice meeting you man and I hope you can come to Indy! Props for the 6-1 too
Yes me too! Human and I are convinced your singing help us all do good kinderlew and your poor hitmontop and thanks it was great to hang out with you guys!

what's up tom? it's Dawn XD (i look HORRIBLE in that pic!!!!!)
i checked my name under that list you took a pic of. i got 31 out of....how many people were there? 500...600? that's not bad! =^_^=

what's up tom? it's Dawn XD (i look HORRIBLE in that pic!!!!!)
i checked my name under that list you took a pic of. i got 31 out of....how many people were there? 500...600? that's not bad! =^_^=

heyhey (: hmm well I know that was our flight standings! I think masters had 310? I don't know the exact number but it's still good! :D I know god damn people with my phone.

heyhey (: hmm well I know that was our flight standings! I think masters had 310? I don't know the exact number but it's still good! :D I know god damn people with my phone.
i heard in line that it was about 500 people per division. but anyway, its still good. those people were really tough! ...stupid trick room...

i heard in line that it was about 500 people per division. but anyway, its still good. those people were really tough! ...stupid trick room...
lololol you deff got placed in the hardest flight. all of us from Smogon were there and you managed to go 5-2 that's not bad at all! Plus your team was interesting from what you told me. :P

lololol you deff got placed in the hardest flight. all of us from Smogon were there and you managed to go 5-2 that's not bad at all! Plus your team was interesting from what you told me. :P
i think i was the only person who didnt have a smogon account at that table. i consider that an accomplishment ^^ my team worked for me only when someone did NOT use trick room. except that one guy who accidentally used it the second turn instead of the first turn =P

Congrats on making top 8 in your flight, it shows how much you've improved from you RI experience. I know I saw you earlier in the day when I first got to the convention center but we didn't chat much =/. Hopefully we'll be able to chill more at next year's NE regional! Great job on your success last sunday and I hope for all of the best for you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)