Ultra Space Guide - Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ultra Space in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
By CloudyNatu, ExTopaz7, and Pants

(note: please note that the tables/charts in this article are not to scale, and are much larger than they will actually appear once HTML'd.)

Upon its introduction in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Space only granted the player access to Nihilego's world. However, with the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Ultra Space greatly expanded, and many new worlds and features became available. In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about Ultra Space, from the legendary Pokemon available to the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon.

1528604764547.png

Where to Start
The portal that allows the player to enter Ultra Space can be found at the Altar of the Sunne (Ultra Sun) or the Altar of the Moone (Ultra Moon), which can be directly accessed through the Ride Pager by flying to the northern area of Ancient Poni Path. All areas that will be discussed in this guide can only be accessed through this portal. Before you begin, it is recommended you consider the following:
  • You can encounter numerous legendary Pokemon, shiny Pokemon, and even Ultra Beasts, so being prepared is important.
  • The Pokemon you encounter and its shiny value are determined from the moment you step into a wormhole, so soft resetting for a different Pokemon or for a shiny Pokemon will not work.
    • This does not apply to legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, which are normal stationary encounters, so you are able to soft reset your game to find shinies. The odds for these Pokemon to be shiny are the same as the base shiny odds in the games: 1/4096. If you have the Shiny Charm, your odds become 3/4096.
  • All other aspects of the Pokemon are determined upon encounter and thus can be soft reset for. This includes nature, IVs, and whether or not the Pokemon will drop an item after battle.
    • The item itself is predetermined, so you cannot soft reset for a different item.
    • The item drop mechanic does not apply to legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
  • Every Pokemon captured in Ultra Space will have at least three perfect IVs of 31 in random stats.
Changing Controls
The default method for traveling through the Ultra Wormhole is with tilt controls, but this can be changed to D-pad controls after the first run by talking to the Aether Foundation Employee in the Game Freak office in Heahea City. It is generally recommended to use the D-pad for controls, as it eases overall control.

Ultra Warp Ride
Once you've entered the portal on either Solgaleo or Lunala, you will begin to see many orange energy orbs appear in the wormhole. The more of these orbs you collect, the faster your legendary will travel. However, hitting any of the blue energy orbs will cause your legendary to slow down and be more susceptible to being pulled into a wormhole. You can change whether you ride on Solgaleo or Lunala by going to Ultra Megalopolis and talking to Soliera (Ultra Sun) or Zossie (Ultra Moon). If you're going for distance, Solgaleo is preferred over Lunala, as Lunala's wings can obstruct visibility and increase susceptibility to hitting blue energy orbs.

Wormholes
Soon, you may begin to notice the many different colors of wormholes in Ultra Space. Each one leads to a different location depending on its color. As you travel farther, you may discover some wormholes with light rings around them, which raise your chances of encountering legendaries and shinies within them. Collect the orange energy orbs while avoiding as many blue energy orbs as possible to accumulate speed over time, reach much farther distances, and find rare Pokemon.

Wormhole Types
The chances of finding different wormhole types in Ultra Space can be found in the chart below. Distance is the only factor used to determine the odds of each type of wormhole appearing. The wormhole type affects the odds of encountering a shiny within that wormhole, and also determines which Ultra Beast’s world will appear within a white wormhole. In this guide, each wormhole type will be numbered.

Type 1 = No rings.
Type 2 = One ring.
Type 3 = Two rings.
Type 4 = Two rings and a vivid flower-like pattern. They will always contain a legendary Pokemon unless the player has captured or defeated all legendaries found in the color of the wormhole.

1521823443664.png

1529440008655.png

Shiny Pokemon

grumpig_50.png

The chart below shows the probability of shiny Pokemon appearing in each type of wormhole, except for Type 1. In Type 1 wormholes, the chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon is always 1%, regardless of the distance traveled. Type 4 wormholes will normally contain legendary Pokemon, for which the odds do not apply, but if the player has defeated legendary Pokemon in the color of wormhole, they are able to find non-legendary Pokemon, for which these odds do apply.

1529439934155.png

Pokemon in the Wormholes
Below you can find the different Pokemon that can be encountered in each color wormhole. Every Pokemon encountered in Ultra Space will be Level 60.
Blue Wormholes (Water World):
Quagsire,
Lombre,
Floatzel,
Stunfisk,
Barbaracle

Green Wormholes (Rocky World):
Nuzleaf,
Grumpig,
Drapion,
Audino,
Heliolisk

Red Wormholes (Cliff World):
Swellow,
Altaria,
Yanmega,
Sigilyph,
Swanna

Yellow Wormholes (Cave World):
Magcargo,
Medicham,
Hippowdon,
Abomasnow,
Crustle

Legendaries and Ultra Beasts
The chart below shows you every legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beast that can be encountered within the different color wormholes. Some of the Pokemon require the player using a specific game or having a certain Pokemon in their party, which can be found to the right of the Pokemon’s name. Before encountering a legendary, a silhouette of the Pokemon will appear at the far end of the Ultra Space Wilds. Like the regular Pokemon, all legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts are encountered at Level 60. Each legendary Pokemon can only be caught once, while Ultra Beasts and normal Pokemon can be caught unlimited times. The lengthy cutscene preceding a battle with each Ultra Beast can be skipped after you have defeated it or captured it once.
  • The Ho-Oh that can be obtained in Ultra Space has exclusive access to Burn Up, which it cannot get by any other means.

1529439833719.png

Ultra Beast Worlds
Once you have entered a white wormhole, you will land in one of seven different worlds, which are each home to a different Ultra Beast. The world of each beast is designed to reflect its typing and/or appearance. The chart below displays the Ultra Beasts found in Ultra Space with their respective worlds and the odds of encountering each world.

1529439758206.png

Item Drops
Each non-legendary Pokemon in the Ultra Space Wilds can potentially drop an item after being caught or defeated. You can save before the encounter and soft reset for an item drop to occur, but the item that is dropped is determined upon entry of the wormhole. This only matters for Pokemon that can drop more than 1 different item.

Blue Wormholes (Water World)
Lombre: Chesto Berry, Sitrus Berry
Barbaracle: Grip Claw
Quagsire: Rindo Berry
Stunfisk: Soft Sand
Floatzel: Wacan Berry

Green Wormholes (Rocky World)
Grumpig: Persim Berry
Drapion: Poison Barb
Nuzleaf: Sitrus Berry
Audino: Sitrus Berry
Heliolisk: Shuca Berry

Red Wormholes (Cliff World)
Swellow: Charti Berry, Wide Lens
Sigilyph: Clever Wing, Resist Wing
Altaria: Genius Wing
Swanna: Swift Wing
Yanmega: Wide Lens

Yellow Wormholes (Cave World)
Medicham: Coba Berry
Crustle: Hard Stone
Abomasnow: Occa Berry
Magcargo: Passho Berry, Sitrus Berry
Hippowdon: Soft Sand

Kantonian Form Evolutions
While in Ultra Space, any Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute that would normally evolve into the Alolan form of its evolution will now evolve into the Kantonian form of its evolution when the requirements are met.
Pikachu: Using a Thunder Stone
Cubone: Leveling up to Level 28 or higher
Exeggcute: Using a Leaf Stone

Last edited:

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is ready for QC. Quick note that the charts (Type of wormhole odds, Shiny odds, Legendary/Ultra Beasts) are screenshots of the actual charts so that I could add to this post, but if there are any other ways to implement these, it'd be helpful if they could be mentioned. For now, I'm hoping this will work prior to HTML.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Wow, nice work guys! Really thorough and clean. I have a few suggestions after reading through it, so I'll start with the more important stuff and move on to the more minor :)

All other aspects of the Pokemon are determined upon encounter, and thus can be soft-resetted for. This includes nature, IVs, and whether or not the Pokemon will drop an item after battle.
  • The item itself is predetermined, so you cannot soft-reset for a different item.
  • This also does not apply to Legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
I believe the bold text is referring to the item drops, but it reads as though you can't SR for natures/IVs/etc on legendaries/UBs. As a suggestion, you could either split up the main point into 2 (one about IVs etc, one about the item), or just explicitly say in the bold point "the item drop does not apply..." rather than "this".

I'd encourage you guys to come up with your own descriptions of the UB worlds, or just nix them entirely and have a table or something. Admittedly, it's not just c/p from Bulbapedia, but it's clear where you got the info ;)

Yeah, there's not really a good way to post tables here, so pictures are great for now! If you want it to be a table ultimately, then anything you can do to make it easier to copy/paste the info would be huge. For example, you could leave the images, but attach the excel file or add a download link to it for the html'ers.

As for the more minor (nitpicking) stuff:
  • Wormhole types: Perhaps you could add a sentence just summing up the difference between the types. Something like, "the different wormhole types determine the shiny odds and which Ultra Beasts you can find". I was able to determine why the different types matter from the later sections, but I had to decipher the later tables a bit.
Type 4 wormholes will normally contain a Legendary Pokemon, for which the odds do not apply to...
  • It would be great if you could add what the shiny odds for the legends actually are, if the chart doesn't apply to them.
  • It might be helpful to note that you can only get 1 legend, but unlimited UBs/regular Pokemon.
  • You can technically change between riding Solgaleo or Lunala, so up to you if you want to include that info. This is beyond minor...
All-in-all only a few suggestions, despite how long this post ended up being :P. Again, great work. Thanks for the guide.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If the intent of this article is to inform, then it's great. If the intent is to assist, then I'd add a few things (which, admittedly, are a little subjective, but still could be useful):
Use Solgaleo over Lunala if you're going for distance - despite them technically having the same hitboxes and therefore being identical, almost everyone I've spoken to recommends using Solgaleo as Lunala has large wings that can obstruct visibility and increase your susceptibility to running in to the blue orbs that slow you down.
Use Analogue controls over motion controls - again, this is mainly down to personal preference (so this and the above could possibly be added under a "recommendations" section or something), but most of the serious wormhole hunters swear by the fact that motion controls are stupidly hard to use, and if you're hunting for legendaries or rare wormholes that appear more frequently at longer distances, then you should definitely not use them.

Other than that though, this looks great! Thanks for all the work you've all put in to it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I asked some people on OI discord to look over this (since I'm not familiar with this myself) and Blitzamirin had some good recommendations for this. He suggested that:
  • It would be useful to have wormhole images for the four tiers of wormholes (Type 1/Type 2/Type 3/Type 4).
  • Note that Pheromosa/Buzzwole and Kartana/Celesteela are version exclusives.
  • If you add Lego's recommendations, "add that you can skip the UB Cutscenes if you do this once over so it's easier on the hunt".
  • Note that Ho-Oh caught in Ultra Wormholes get exclusive access to Burn Up (which you cannot get elsewhere).
Also asked Worldie and he mostly reinforced what Blitz said.

I also have my own minor nitpick which should be an easy fix:

Every Pokemon captured in Ultra Space will have at least 3 Perfect IVs of 31. Which IVs will have 31 is entirely random.
Should mention that this is with regards to the Pokémon's stats.

The three of us are fine with the article post-change. Good job.

Clouds

False Pretenses
If the intent of this article is to inform, then it's great. If the intent is to assist, then I'd add a few things (which, admittedly, are a little subjective, but still could be useful):
Use Solgaleo over Lunala if you're going for distance - despite them technically having the same hitboxes and therefore being identical, almost everyone I've spoken to recommends using Solgaleo as Lunala has large wings that can obstruct visibility and increase your susceptibility to running in to the blue orbs that slow you down.
Use Analogue controls over motion controls - again, this is mainly down to personal preference (so this and the above could possibly be added under a "recommendations" section or something), but most of the serious wormhole hunters swear by the fact that motion controls are stupidly hard to use, and if you're hunting for legendaries or rare wormholes that appear more frequently at longer distances, then you should definitely not use them.

Other than that though, this looks great! Thanks for all the work you've all put in to it.
The guide is geared towards both purposes, so this would be great to include. Added!

I asked some people on OI discord to look over this (since I'm not familiar with this myself) and Blitzamirin had some good recommendations for this. He suggested that:
  • It would be useful to have wormhole images for the four tiers of wormholes (Type 1/Type 2/Type 3/Type 4).
  • Note that Pheromosa/Buzzwole and Kartana/Celesteela are version exclusives.
  • If you add Lego's recommendations, "add that you can skip the UB Cutscenes if you do this once over so it's easier on the hunt".
  • Note that Ho-Oh caught in Ultra Wormholes get exclusive access to Burn Up (which you cannot get elsewhere).
Also asked Worldie and he mostly reinforced what Blitz said.

I also have my own minor nitpick which should be an easy fix:

Should mention that this is with regards to the Pokémon's stats.

The three of us are fine with the article post-change. Good job.
Added everything here, with the images of the wormhole all included from the in-game mini tutorial on Ultra Space. We mentioned that the Ultra Beasts were exclusive to certain games in the Legendary/UB chart, but decided to also include that in the Ultra Beast World chart, hopefully that works. Thanks for the help!

Wow, nice work guys! Really thorough and clean. I have a few suggestions after reading through it, so I'll start with the more important stuff and move on to the more minor :)

I believe the bold text is referring to the item drops, but it reads as though you can't SR for natures/IVs/etc on legendaries/UBs. As a suggestion, you could either split up the main point into 2 (one about IVs etc, one about the item), or just explicitly say in the bold point "the item drop does not apply..." rather than "this".

I'd encourage you guys to come up with your own descriptions of the UB worlds, or just nix them entirely and have a table or something. Admittedly, it's not just c/p from Bulbapedia, but it's clear where you got the info ;)

Yeah, there's not really a good way to post tables here, so pictures are great for now! If you want it to be a table ultimately, then anything you can do to make it easier to copy/paste the info would be huge. For example, you could leave the images, but attach the excel file or add a download link to it for the html'ers.

As for the more minor (nitpicking) stuff:
  • Wormhole types: Perhaps you could add a sentence just summing up the difference between the types. Something like, "the different wormhole types determine the shiny odds and which Ultra Beasts you can find". I was able to determine why the different types matter from the later sections, but I had to decipher the later tables a bit.

• It would be great if you could add what the shiny odds for the legends actually are, if the chart doesn't apply to them.
  • It might be helpful to note that you can only get 1 legend, but unlimited UBs/regular Pokemon.
  • You can technically change between riding Solgaleo or Lunala, so up to you if you want to include that info. This is beyond minor...
All-in-all only a few suggestions, despite how long this post ended up being :P. Again, great work. Thanks for the guide.
Implemented everything here barring the chart files, because we weren't sure how you can make a chart/table in google doc its own separate file. Can you briefly explain (or link some explanation) of how best to do so? Might be a question for the HTMLers though, so if not it's fine. Thanks for the help!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Implemented everything here barring the chart files, because we weren't sure how you can make a chart/table in google doc its own separate file. Can you briefly explain (or link some explanation) of how best to do so? Might be a question for the HTMLers though, so if not it's fine. Thanks for the help!
Looks good! Thanks for considering my changes. :) Just a slight nitpick on wording: when you say "Each Legendary Pokemon can only be encountered once...", I might change encounter to caught. To me encounter gives the sense that if you accidentally KO the legendary or run, it won't respawn, which isn't the case. Looks great otherwise!

As for the chart, I'll move to a VM.

Clouds

False Pretenses
All changes implemented. Note for HTMLers; (when it comes time) we decided to put all the charts in a separate google document which I'll share with you for firsthand access.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Looks all good to me! Nothing to add except for the missed "h" on the word "has" in this sentence: "With the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Ultra Space as greatly expanded, and many new worlds and features became available." (Yes I know that's more a GP thing but I'd feel bad if I said nothing at all ahah). Great work, guys! Super useful guide.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Sorry for the double post, but you may want to consider changing your images if they'll make it into the final product (maybe except the hole types image, but I'll let The Dutch Plumberjack be the judge of that). I believe that first image came from Serebii, so we'd want to put something of our own there to avoid people getting offended or whatever. I'm afraid I'm not far enough along to help with getting new screenshots, but maybe LegoFigure11 could help you out if you guys can't do it?

sry lego

Clouds

False Pretenses
Sorry for the double post, but you may want to consider changing your images if they'll make it into the final product (maybe except the hole types image, but I'll let The Dutch Plumberjack be the judge of that). I believe that first image came from Serebii, so we'd want to put something of our own there to avoid people getting offended or whatever. I'm afraid I'm not far enough along to help with getting new screenshots, but maybe LegoFigure11 could help you out if you guys can't do it?

sry lego
The holes type image is (I believe) directly from the game itself, during a tutorial for the Ultra Warp ride, so I think that one should be alright. The others are just the very first image with Solgaleo and the Ludicolo one, right? If so we can change those and wait for conformation on the Ultra Warp ride one. Sorry for the troubles!

Edit: What's the policy on using images from official Pokemon artwork?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
The holes type image is (I believe) directly from the game itself, during a tutorial for the Ultra Warp ride, so I think that one should be alright. The others are just the very first image with Solgaleo and the Ludicolo one, right? If so we can change those and wait for conformation on the Ultra Warp ride one. Sorry for the troubles!

Edit: What's the policy on using images from official Pokemon artwork?
Yeah, those were the ones I was referring to. I'll leave your edit for TDP as well since I'm not 100% sure haha

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
I can take high-quality screenshots if needed, yeah. Just @ me depending on what tdp says n_n

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
strong preference to original screenshots yea, would be wonderful if you could help LegoFigure11

official Pokemon artwork is generally fine but i'm not sure what you guys are referring to?

Clouds

False Pretenses
strong preference to original screenshots yea, would be wonderful if you could help LegoFigure11

official Pokemon artwork is generally fine but i'm not sure what you guys are referring to?
The image displaying the different types of wormholes is (I believe) directly from USUM, and that's the only one here that's official artwork. The Ludicolo & Solgaleo images are the ones that I believe will need to be changed. Also if you wouldn't mind doing that LegoFigure11 that'd be awesome.

EDIT: We could also use the presumably official artwork on this page if that's fine?

Last edited:

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

(make sure to change all your curly quotes (’) to straight quotes ('))

While introduced in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Space only granted the player access to Nihilego’s world prior to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. With the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Ultra Space has greatly expanded, and many new worlds and features became available. (normalize the tense here: either "has greatly expanded" and "have become available", or "greatly expanded" and "became available") In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about Ultra Space, from the legendary (lowercase) Pokemon available to the odds of finding a shiny (lowercase) Pokemon.

View attachment 121123

Where to Start
The portal that allows the player to enter Ultra Space can be found at the Altar of the Sunne (Ultra Sun) and or the Altar of the Moone (Ultra Moon), (don't italicize Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, because you don't do it elsewhere) which can be directly accessed through the Ride Pager by (after?) flying to the northern area of Ancient Poni Path. All areas that will be discussed in this guide can only be accessed through this portal. Before you begin, it is recommended you consider the following:
  • You can encounter numerous legendary Pokemon, shiny Pokemon, and even Ultra Beasts, so being prepared is important.
  • The Pokemon you encounter and its shiny value is determined from the moment you step into the a wormhole, so soft-resetting for a different Pokemon or for a Shiny shiny Pokemon will not work.
    • This does not apply to Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, which are normal stationary encounters, so and you are able to soft-reset your game to find shinies. Shinies. The odds for these Pokemon to be Shiny is shiny are the same as the base Shiny odds in the games: 1/4096. If you have the Shiny Charm, your odds become 3/4096.
  • All other aspects of the Pokemon are determined upon encounter, (remove comma) and thus can be soft-resetted soft-reset for. This includes nature, IVs, and whether or not the Pokemon will drop an item after battle.
    • The item itself is predetermined, so you cannot soft-reset for a different item.
    • The item drop mechanic does not apply to Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
  • Every Pokemon captured in Ultra Space will have at least 3 Perfect three perfect IVs of 31 in 3 random stats.
Changing Controls
The default method for going traveling the Ultra Wormhole is with tilt controls, but this can be changed to D-pad controls after the first run by talking to the Aether Foundation Employee in the Game Freak office in Heahea City. It is generally recommended to use the D-pad for controls, as it eases overall control.

Ultra Warp Ride
Once you’ve entered the portal on either Solgaleo or Lunala, you will begin to see many orange energy orbs appear in the wormhole. The more of these orbs you collect, the faster your legendary will travel. However, hitting any of the blue energy orbs will cause your legendary to slow down, (remove comma) and be more susceptible to being pulled into a wormhole. You can change whether you ride on Solgaleo or Lunala by going to Ultra Megalopolis and talking to Soliera (Ultra Sun) or Zossie (Ultra Moon). (no italics for consistency) If you're going for distance, Solgaleo is preferred over Lunala, as Lunala's wings can obstruct visibility and increase susceptibility to hitting blue energy orbs.

Wormholes
Soon, you may begin to notice the many different colors of wormholes in Ultra Space. Each one leads to a different location depending on its color. As you travel farther, you may discover some wormholes with light rings around them, and these which raise your chances of encountering Legendaries and Shinies legendaries and shinies within them. Utilize the Collect (more precise) orange energy orbs while avoiding as many blue energy orbs as possible to accumulate speed over time, (comma) to reach much farther distances, (comma) and find rare Pokemon.

Wormhole Types
The chances of finding different wormhole types in Ultra Space can be found in the chart below. Distance is the only factor used to determine the odds of each type of wormhole appearing. The wormhole types affect type affects the Shiny odds of encountering a shiny within that wormhole, and it also determines which Ultra Beast’s world will appear within a white wormhole. In this guide, each wormhole type will be numbered.

Type 1 = No rings.
Type 2 = One ring.
Type 3 = Two rings.
Type 4 = Two rings and a vivid flower-like pattern. They will always contain a Legendary legendary Pokemon unless the player has captured or defeated all Legendaries legendaries found in the color of the wormhole.

View attachment 107367

View attachment 105075

Shiny Pokemon

View attachment 121124
(why a picture of shiny Natu if Natu can't be encountered in Ultra Space?)

The chart below shows the probability of Shiny shiny Pokemon appearing in each type of wormhole, except for Type 1. In Type 1 wormholes, the odds chance of encountering a Shiny shiny Pokemon will always be is always 1%, regardless of the distance traveled. Type 4 wormholes will normally contain a Legendary legendary Pokemon, for which the odds do not apply, but if the player defeats has defeated all Legendary legendary Pokemon in the color of wormhole, they are able to find non-Legendary non-legendary Pokemon, for which these odds do apply.

View attachment 105074

Pokemon in the Wormholes
Below you can find the different Pokemon that can be encountered in each color of wormhole. Every Pokemon encountered in Ultra Space will be Level 60.
Quagsire,
Lombre,
Floatzel,
Stunfisk,
Barbaracle

Nuzleaf,
Grumpig,
Drapion,
Audino,
Heliolisk

Swellow,
Altaria,
Yanmega,
Sigilyph,
Swanna

Magcargo,
Medicham,
Hippowdon,
Abomasnow,
Crustle

The chart below will show shows you every Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beast that can be encountered within the different color wormholes. Some of the Pokemon require specific games or Pokemon in the player’s party, which can be found to the right of the Pokemon’s name. Before encountering a Legendary legendary, a silhouette of the Pokemon will appear at the far end of the Ultra Space Wilds. Like the regular Pokemon, all Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts are encountered at Level 60. Each Legendary legendary Pokemon can only be caught once, while Ultra Beasts and normal Pokemon can be caught unlimited times. The lengthy cutscene preceding a battle with each Ultra Beast can be skipped by defeating it or capturing it once, and then returning to it. (or "skipped after you have defeated it or captured it once")
  • The Ho-oh Ho-Oh that can be obtained in Ultra Space has exclusive access to Burn Up, which it cannot get by any other means.

View attachment 105073

Ultra Beast Worlds
Once you have entered a white wormhole, you will land in one of (or "White wormholes can lead to ...", which is shorter but has less character) seven different worlds, which are all each home to a different Ultra Beast. The worlds of the beasts are The world of each beast is designed to reflect their its typing and/or appearance. (or keep everything else in the sentence the same and change to "typings" and "appearances", but I find this more awkward) The chart below displays the Ultra Beasts found in Ultra Space with their respective worlds and the odds of encountering each world.

View attachment 107360

Item Drops
Each location in the Ultra Space Wilds will have a different set of possible items that will be dropped on the ground by certain Pokemon after the battle if it was caught or defeated. Each non-legendary Pokemon in the Ultra Space Wilds can potentially drop an item after being caught or defeated. (the original sentence was quite wordy. I think this change preserves the meaning and is easier to follow but you can reword however you want) You can save before the encounter and soft-reset for an item drop to occur, but the item that is dropped is determined upon entry of the wormhole. This only matters for Pokemon that have the possibility of dropping can drop more than 1 different item. (what is the chance of an item drop occurring?)

While in Ultra Space, any Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute that would normally evolve into its Alolan Evolution, the Alolan form of its evolution, due to being in Alola, (not entirely necessary in context, I think) will now evolve into its Evolution the Kantonian form of its evolution when the requirements are met.
Pikachu: Using a Thunderstone Thunder Stone

Clouds

False Pretenses
1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

(make sure to change all your curly quotes (’) to straight quotes ('))

While introduced in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Space only granted the player access to Nihilego’s world prior to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. With the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Ultra Space has greatly expanded, and many new worlds and features became available. (normalize the tense here: either "has greatly expanded" and "have become available", or "greatly expanded" and "became available") In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about Ultra Space, from the legendary (lowercase) Pokemon available to the odds of finding a shiny (lowercase) Pokemon.

View attachment 121123

Where to Start
The portal that allows the player to enter Ultra Space can be found at the Altar of the Sunne (Ultra Sun) and or the Altar of the Moone (Ultra Moon), (don't italicize Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, because you don't do it elsewhere) which can be directly accessed through the Ride Pager by (after?) flying to the northern area of Ancient Poni Path. All areas that will be discussed in this guide can only be accessed through this portal. Before you begin, it is recommended you consider the following:
  • The Pokemon you encounter and its shiny value is determined from the moment you step into the a wormhole, so soft-resetting for a different Pokemon or for a Shiny shiny Pokemon will not work.
    • This does not apply to Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, which are normal stationary encounters, so and you are able to soft-reset your game to find shinies. Shinies. The odds for these Pokemon to be Shiny is shiny are the same as the base Shiny odds in the games: 1/4096. If you have the Shiny Charm, your odds become 3/4096.
  • All other aspects of the Pokemon are determined upon encounter, (remove comma) and thus can be soft-resetted soft-reset for. This includes nature, IVs, and whether or not the Pokemon will drop an item after battle.
    • The item drop mechanic does not apply to Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
  • Every Pokemon captured in Ultra Space will have at least 3 Perfect three perfect IVs of 31 in 3 random stats.
Changing Controls
The default method for going traveling the Ultra Wormhole is with tilt controls, but this can be changed to D-pad controls after the first run by talking to the Aether Foundation Employee in the Game Freak office in Heahea City. It is generally recommended to use the D-pad for controls, as it eases overall control.

Ultra Warp Ride
Once you’ve entered the portal on either Solgaleo or Lunala, you will begin to see many orange energy orbs appear in the wormhole. The more of these orbs you collect, the faster your legendary will travel. However, hitting any of the blue energy orbs will cause your legendary to slow down, (remove comma) and be more susceptible to being pulled into a wormhole. You can change whether you ride on Solgaleo or Lunala by going to Ultra Megalopolis and talking to Soliera (Ultra Sun) or Zossie (Ultra Moon). (no italics for consistency) If you're going for distance, Solgaleo is preferred over Lunala, as Lunala's wings can obstruct visibility and increase susceptibility to hitting blue energy orbs.

Wormholes
Soon, you may begin to notice the many different colors of wormholes in Ultra Space. Each one leads to a different location depending on its color. As you travel farther, you may discover some wormholes with light rings around them, and these which raise your chances of encountering Legendaries and Shinies legendaries and shinies within them. Utilize the Collect (more precise) orange energy orbs while avoiding as many blue energy orbs as possible to accumulate speed over time, (comma) to reach much farther distances, (comma) and find rare Pokemon.

Wormhole Types
The chances of finding different wormhole types in Ultra Space can be found in the chart below. Distance is the only factor used to determine the odds of each type of wormhole appearing. The wormhole types affect type affects the Shiny odds of encountering a shiny within that wormhole, and it also determines which Ultra Beast’s world will appear within a white wormhole. In this guide, each wormhole type will be numbered.

Type 1 = No rings.
Type 2 = One ring.
Type 3 = Two rings.
Type 4 = Two rings and a vivid flower-like pattern. They will always contain a Legendary legendary Pokemon unless the player has captured or defeated all Legendaries legendaries found in the color of the wormhole.

View attachment 107367

View attachment 105075

Shiny Pokemon

View attachment 121124
(why a picture of shiny Natu if Natu can't be encountered in Ultra Space?)

The chart below shows the probability of Shiny shiny Pokemon appearing in each type of wormhole, except for Type 1. In Type 1 wormholes, the odds chance of encountering a Shiny shiny Pokemon will always be is always 1%, regardless of the distance traveled. Type 4 wormholes will normally contain a Legendary legendary Pokemon, for which the odds do not apply, but if the player defeats has defeated all Legendary legendary Pokemon in the color of wormhole, they are able to find non-Legendary non-legendary Pokemon, for which these odds do apply.

View attachment 105074

Pokemon in the Wormholes
Below you can find the different Pokemon that can be encountered in each color of wormhole. Every Pokemon encountered in Ultra Space will be Level 60.
Quagsire,
Lombre,
Floatzel,
Stunfisk,
Barbaracle

Nuzleaf,
Grumpig,
Drapion,
Audino,
Heliolisk

Swellow,
Altaria,
Yanmega,
Sigilyph,
Swanna

Magcargo,
Medicham,
Hippowdon,
Abomasnow,
Crustle

The chart below will show shows you every Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beast that can be encountered within the different color wormholes. Some of the Pokemon require specific games or Pokemon in the player’s party, which can be found to the right of the Pokemon’s name. Before encountering a Legendary legendary, a silhouette of the Pokemon will appear at the far end of the Ultra Space Wilds. Like the regular Pokemon, all Legendary legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts are encountered at Level 60. Each Legendary legendary Pokemon can only be caught once, while Ultra Beasts and normal Pokemon can be caught unlimited times. The lengthy cutscene preceding a battle with each Ultra Beast can be skipped by defeating it or capturing it once, and then returning to it. (or "skipped after you have defeated it or captured it once")
  • The Ho-oh Ho-Oh that can be obtained in Ultra Space has exclusive access to Burn Up, which it cannot get by any other means.

View attachment 105073

Ultra Beast Worlds
Once you have entered a white wormhole, you will land in one of (or "White wormholes can lead to ...", which is shorter but has less character) seven different worlds, which are all each home to a different Ultra Beast. The worlds of the beasts are The world of each beast is designed to reflect their its typing and/or appearance. (or keep everything else in the sentence the same and change to "typings" and "appearances", but I find this more awkward) The chart below displays the Ultra Beasts found in Ultra Space with their respective worlds and the odds of encountering each world.

View attachment 107360

Item Drops
Each location in the Ultra Space Wilds will have a different set of possible items that will be dropped on the ground by certain Pokemon after the battle if it was caught or defeated. Each non-legendary Pokemon in the Ultra Space Wilds can potentially drop an item after being caught or defeated. (the original sentence was quite wordy. I think this change preserves the meaning and is easier to follow but you can reword however you want) You can save before the encounter and soft-reset for an item drop to occur, but the item that is dropped is determined upon entry of the wormhole. This only matters for Pokemon that have the possibility of dropping can drop more than 1 different item. (what is the chance of an item drop occurring?)

While in Ultra Space, any Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute that would normally evolve into its Alolan Evolution, the Alolan form of its evolution, due to being in Alola, (not entirely necessary in context, I think) will now evolve into its Evolution the Kantonian form of its evolution when the requirements are met.
Pikachu: Using a Thunderstone Thunder Stone
Implemented! Thanks for your check.

This only matters for Pokemon that have the possibility of dropping can drop more than 1 different item. (what is the chance of an item drop occurring?)
The chance of an item drop occurring is still unconfirmed to my knowledge, so it's left out for now.

Not sure I'm allowed to post here (please remove if not), but just to point out that you can encounter Kartana/Celesteela in Type 4 White Wormholes as well. Not sure of the chances to get them vs. Guzzlord wrt to rarity.

I haven't encountered Xurkitree or anything more common in a Type 4.

Hardly an authority on this, but I have managed to get the full set of shiny RNG legends from my Ultra Moon playthrough if that even remotely counts as having a useful opinion here!

Clouds

False Pretenses
Not sure I'm allowed to post here (please remove if not), but just to point out that you can encounter Kartana/Celesteela in Type 4 White Wormholes as well. Not sure of the chances to get them vs. Guzzlord wrt to rarity.

I haven't encountered Xurkitree or anything more common in a Type 4.

Hardly an authority on this, but I have managed to get the full set of shiny RNG legends from my Ultra Moon playthrough if that even remotely counts as having a useful opinion here!
Thinking back, I believe I encountered a Kartana in a Type 4 as well, despite there not being a single online source that mentions this being a possibility. Gonna do some more testing to verify most likely but regardless, thanks a ton, that's incredibly helpful. You're always free to post on these articles if you have useful information to add.

Not a UWR mechanic, but in case it’s useful fodder for a part 2:

You can access festival plaza when in Ultra Space. If your synchroniser isn’t the right one for the encounter you get, you can trade it out if you have a second game or a helpful Smogoner.

Maybe a little bit of common sense, but really helped me out when I didn’t want to back out of an encounter I spent ages trying to get.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
GP 2/2
Ultra Space in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
By CloudyNatu, ExTopaz7, and Pants

(note: please note that the tables/charts in this article are not to scale, and are much larger than they will actually appear once HTML'd.)

While introduced Upon its introduction in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Space only granted the player access to Nihilego's world prior to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. However, with the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Ultra Space greatly expanded, and many new worlds and features became available. In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about Ultra Space, from the legendary Pokemon available to the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon.

View attachment 121123

Where to Start
The portal that allows the player to enter Ultra Space can be found at the Altar of the Sunne (Ultra Sun) or the Altar of the Moone (Ultra Moon), which can be directly accessed through the Ride Pager by flying to the northern area of Ancient Poni Path. All areas that will be discussed in this guide can only be accessed through this portal. Before you begin, it is recommended you consider the following:
  • The Pokemon you encounter and its shiny value is are determined from the moment you step into a wormhole, so soft resetting (RH) for a different Pokemon or for a shiny Pokemon will not work.
    • This does not apply to legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, which are normal stationary encounters, so you are able to soft reset (RH) your game to find shinies. The odds for these Pokemon to be shiny are the same as the base shiny odds in the games: 1/4096. If you have the Shiny Charm, your odds become 3/4096.
  • All other aspects of the Pokemon are determined upon encounter and thus can be soft reset (RH) for. This includes nature, IVs, and whether or not the Pokemon will drop an item after battle.
    • The item itself is predetermined, so you cannot soft reset (RH) for a different item.
    • The item drop mechanic does not apply to legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
  • Every Pokemon captured in Ultra Space will have at least three perfect IVs of 31 in random stats.
Changing Controls
The default method for traveling through the Ultra Wormhole is with tilt controls, but this can be changed to D-pad controls after the first run by talking to the Aether Foundation Employee in the Game Freak office in Heahea City. It is generally recommended to use the D-pad for controls, as it eases overall control.

Ultra Warp Ride
Once you’ve you've entered the portal on either Solgaleo or Lunala, you will begin to see many orange energy orbs appear in the wormhole. The more of these orbs you collect, the faster your legendary will travel. However, hitting any of the blue energy orbs will cause your legendary to slow down and be more susceptible to being pulled into a wormhole. You can change whether you ride on Solgaleo or Lunala by going to Ultra Megalopolis and talking to Soliera (Ultra Sun) or Zossie (Ultra Moon). If you're going for distance, Solgaleo is preferred over Lunala, as Lunala's wings can obstruct visibility and increase susceptibility to hitting blue energy orbs.

Wormholes
Soon, you may begin to notice the many different colors of wormholes in Ultra Space. Each one leads to a different location depending on its color. As you travel farther, you may discover some wormholes with light rings around them, which raise your chances of encountering legendaries and shinies within them. Collect the orange energy orbs while avoiding as many blue energy orbs as possible to accumulate speed over time, reach much farther distances, and find rare Pokemon.

Wormhole Types
The chances of finding different wormhole types in Ultra Space can be found in the chart below. Distance is the only factor used to determine the odds of each type of wormhole appearing. The wormhole type affects the odds of encountering a shiny within that wormhole, and also determines which Ultra Beast’s world will appear within a white wormhole. In this guide, each wormhole type will be numbered.

Type 1 = No rings.
Type 2 = One ring.
Type 3 = Two rings.
Type 4 = Two rings and a vivid flower-like pattern. They will always contain a legendary Pokemon unless the player has captured or defeated all legendaries found in the color of the wormhole.

View attachment 107367

View attachment 122751

Shiny Pokemon

View attachment 122688

The chart below shows the probability of shiny Pokemon appearing in each type of wormhole, except for Type 1. In Type 1 wormholes, the chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon is always 1%, regardless of the distance traveled. Type 4 wormholes will normally contain legendary Pokemon, for which the odds do not apply, but if the player has defeated legendary Pokemon in the color of wormhole, they are able to find non-legendary Pokemon, for which these odds do apply.

View attachment 122750

Pokemon in the Wormholes
Below you can find the different Pokemon that can be encountered in each color wormhole. Every Pokemon encountered in Ultra Space will be Level 60.
Quagsire,
Lombre,
Floatzel,
Stunfisk,
Barbaracle

Nuzleaf,
Grumpig,
Drapion,
Audino,
Heliolisk

Swellow,
Altaria,
Yanmega,
Sigilyph,
Swanna

Magcargo,
Medicham,
Hippowdon,
Abomasnow,
Crustle

The chart below shows you every legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beast that can be encountered within the different color wormholes. Some of the Pokemon require the player using a specific games game or having a certain Pokemon in their player’s party, which can be found to the right of the Pokemon’s name. Before encountering a legendary, a silhouette of the Pokemon will appear at the far end of the Ultra Space Wilds. Like the regular Pokemon, all legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts are encountered at Level 60. Each legendary Pokemon can only be caught once, while Ultra Beasts and normal Pokemon can be caught unlimited times. The lengthy cutscene preceding a battle with each Ultra Beast can be skipped after you have defeated it or captured it once.
  • The Ho-Oh that can be obtained in Ultra Space has exclusive access to Burn Up, which it cannot get by any other means.

View attachment 122749

Ultra Beast Worlds
Once you have entered a white wormhole, you will land in one of seven different worlds, which are each home to a different Ultra Beast. The world of each beast is designed to reflect its typing and/or appearance. The chart below displays the Ultra Beasts found in Ultra Space with their respective worlds and the odds of encountering each world.

View attachment 122748

Item Drops
Each non-legendary Pokemon in the Ultra Space Wilds can potentially drop an item after being caught or defeated. You can save before the encounter and soft reset (RH) for an item drop to occur, but the item that is dropped is determined upon entry of the wormhole. This only matters for Pokemon that can drop more than 1 different item.

While in Ultra Space, any Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute that would normally evolve into the Alolan form of its evolution will now evolve into the Kantonian form of its evolution when the requirements are met.
Pikachu: Using a Thunder Stone

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)