Graceful Charity

sorta a surprise team, it uses odd sets to take advantage of peoples preconception of what pokemon should be using. It has a few problems, as the reliance of Suicune to take care of most DDers, and Dugtrio taking care of most Heatran and Fighters. I obviously have a problem with Champ more than anything but I'm trying to fix that.

Jirachi @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Great starter, scouts and hits pretty hard.

Ice Punch - used to take care of Salamence, as it has a speed tie with out a DD under its name.

Iron Head for its STAB and flinch rate. Its used over Zen Head Butt it hits more things.

U-Turn is usually my first move unless something is super effective. Scouts.

Fire Punch is for Steels thats not a penguin.

---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 128 HP/130 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Counter to HP Grassless Zapdos, sets up Stealth Rock, and even better.. its hits hard and takes hits. SDEF evs used to take some advantage of Solid Rock.

EQ/SE - STAB

SR- supports my team

Fire Punch, dunno really.. but it hits Forrey and Scizor harder.

---

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Explosion
- Will-o-wisp

GREAT coverage and unexpected killer with Sub and Explosion

Fire Blast - STAB

Substitute - scouts and tricks people

Explosion - kills just about everything

WoW - laughs at physical attackers, helps against those Protectors

---

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 90 HP/216 Atk/4 Def/200 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

opens up moves for other pokemon, pretty much the bread and butter.

EQ - STAB

Sucker Punch - priority

SE/AA coverage

---

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/78 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Reflect

Counter to most DDers save Kingdra.

HP Electric/Ice Beam DDer counter

Hydro Pump - STAB and Power

Reflect helps team when threat isnt shown

---

Shaymin-s @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Sweeper. More useful than most would think on this team.

Pretty standard i think, kills a lot.

Threat list

Zapdos - hard time getting around it
Rotom - same as Zapdos but at least Seed Flare takes care of it
Skarmory - real pain in the ass

will add to this later.
---

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, I don't know if I played you with my best team or my team with a Bronzong lead, but either way I know you definately won our one battle. First off, that Jirachi is fucking awesome :). I'm interested in the calcs vs stuff like Bronzong and Blissey which would usually switch in. Quick question, what do the extra 22 points in HP do for Dugtrio. My guess is that they allow for the survival of a Blissey Ice Beam, but considering you're not even 2HKOing, if that is the case then imo it is not worth it.

Shaymin-S seems to be doing the least for you out of everyone in the team. Aside from Suicune, your entire team is immune to SandStorm (dunno if you did that on purpose or not), so I think Tyranitar would be a perfect fit for the team. With 172 HP/252 atk/84 speed, it beats Zapdos, Rotom and Skarmory (2HKOed by Stone Edge) very easily. That and it pursuits Blissey, which you have a little trouble with. Aqua Tail/Crunch/Stone Edge/Pursuit is what I run, and it seems to fit really well into your team. Jirachi U-Turning into Tyranitar can be quite fun too :).

Anyway I'm going to rate this team 5 stars. Not only did it beat me, but it uses innovative yet effective movesets to take advantage of a largely stagnant metagame. It's a team I will definately have to playtest sometime.

Ill test the T-tar, but I think it might have to be Scarfed or have Rock Polish because I trouble with Skymin-S. And yeah it was on purpose, I dont like having my team being too much effected by SS.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah I just realised you had a pretty nasty Skymin weakness. Only Rock Polish Ttar outspeeds Skymin, so judging by your current criteria, you would want to test that out. It is a wonderful late-game threat and hurts this current metagame badly.

However, an option would also be to keep it CBed and swap Dugtrio for Zapdos. Dugtrio is probably a "keeper" in your team, what with Jirachi's U-Turn and all, but it is something to consider. If Dugtrio is only for Heatran switching in, Suicune/Tyranitar/Rhyperior is more then enough coverage against it. If there is another reason for it then by all means keep it.

Just a suggestion, it also helps with your rather large Machamp weakness.

I have a few ideas you could try out, although I can't say I know how well they'll work on your team.

You said that you have a problem with Suicune being your answer to stat ups, and that you like to have unexpected sets. I realize that you could replace Cune with a hazing Milotic, to fix that. However, it's a bit weaker defensively, so it won't help your Champ issues. Here's a Milotic set, if you want it:

Milotic@leftovers
Nature: Bold
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 def/ 116 Spa/ 140 HP
Ice beam
Surf
Recover
Haze

It's EV'd to be more physically defensive, and to OHKO Salamence with an Ice beam. Gliscor could also help with your fighting weakness, maybe over Rhy. Here's a set with SR:

Gliscor@Lefties
Trait: Sand veil (especially if you decide on TTar)
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake
Roost
Aerial Ace (To deal with fighting types better)
Stealth Rock

And here's a less common one, an SD'er:

Gliscor@Lefties
Trait: Hyper Cutter (Unless you use TTar)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 216 Spe / 252 Atk/ 36 HP
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace / Ice Fang
Earthquake
Roost

It is EV'd to outspeed max Lucario, and can slay many a foe. :)

I just had a funny thought. If you use TTar, you could replace Arena Trap Duggy with Sand Veil Duggy, because most people don't try to switch out when a Dugtrio comes in, they just assume that they're trapped and resign themselves to their fate. I know it's a pretty stupid idea, but also interesting.

seriously what the hell are the defense EVs on dugtrio for. there's no need to have such a complex ev spread on a frail revenge killer like that. you really want to max its unimpressive base 80 attack before anything else. just go with a plain 252 atk/252 speed spread.

I have a few ideas you could try out, although I can't say I know how well they'll work on your team.

You said that you have a problem with Suicune being your answer to stat ups, and that you like to have unexpected sets. I realize that you could replace Cune with a hazing Milotic, to fix that. However, it's a bit weaker defensively, so it won't help your Champ issues. Here's a Milotic set, if you want it:

Milotic@leftovers
Nature: Bold
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 def/ 116 Spa/ 140 HP
Ice beam
Surf
Recover
Haze

It's EV'd to be more physically defensive, and to OHKO Salamence with an Ice beam. Gliscor could also help with your fighting weakness, maybe over Rhy. Here's a set with SR:

I may test this out, looks pretty good.

Gliscor@Lefties
Trait: Sand veil (especially if you decide on TTar)
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake
Roost
Aerial Ace (To deal with fighting types better)
Stealth Rock

hmmm.. I not a bad idea over my current Rhydon guy.

And here's a less common one, an SD'er:

Gliscor@Lefties
Trait: Hyper Cutter (Unless you use TTar)
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 216 Spe / 252 Atk/ 36 HP
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace / Ice Fang
Earthquake
Roost

It is EV'd to outspeed max Lucario, and can slay many a foe. :)

I just had a funny thought. If you use TTar, you could replace Arena Trap Duggy with Sand Veil Duggy, because most people don't try to switch out when a Dugtrio comes in, they just assume that they're trapped and resign themselves to their fate. I know it's a pretty stupid idea, but also interesting.
seriously what the hell are the defense EVs on dugtrio for. there's no need to have such a complex ev spread on a frail revenge killer like that. you really want to max its unimpressive base 80 attack before anything else. just go with a plain 252 atk/252 speed spread.
it survives ES and BP from non-SD Luke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)