Playoffs Grand Slam IX Playoffs - Finals [Won by Santu]

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
4/4

5. SoulWind vs 16. Santu - SoulWind keeps putting up solid performances in tiers I do not think he is super familiar with. His overall level of play coupled with his team selection make him stand out in this field, especially since he seems to have a great grasp on UU and is not afraid to stall any tier the opponent may be vulnerable in. Santu is the second best player in this field probably, but these two had to play eventually and I'd side with SW. Winner of this takes it regardless though.

3. Confide vs 10. PinkDragonTamer - Confide keeps making it happen. Maybe he was a little fortunate, but he plays really well. I think that at this point, his raw playing skill is better than that of PDT. PDT is probably more knowledgeable in the UU-NU department, but that alone will not be enough to carry him when Confide has found ways to do well in those tiers and seems better in LC himself. I expect this series to go all five, but I'll take Confide's fearless piloting over PDT's more calculated playstyle for the time being.

gl all

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Go PDT!! A shame that PDT and Confide have to play this round, because I'm a big fan of both. Super impressive of the newer faces to make it this far, and I hope one of you two gets the trophy!

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
If SoulWind wins this, I think he might have a legitimate case for best player ever, skillwise. Not only can he be consistent enough to have nearly perfect/ actually perfect records in volatile tiers and constantly make finals for huge tournaments, he can win these huge tournaments no matter what format they're in (that he's supposed to be unfamiliar with) or how relatively new these formats are because of how quickly he can grasp the core of a metagame plus his raw playing ability. Therefore I can't help but root for SoulWind here.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Assuming these four dudes live where McDonald’s pay $15 (U.S. dollars) minimum wage, and all four players work four weeks a month, five days a week, eight hours a day. Instead of wasting, what, five months worth of time playing these Opens and winning it all, you could have made a whooping $12,000 instead; that’s enough money to have sex with at least 100 different hookers, assuming they’re high end ones that charge $100 a bang.

Don’t even bother checking my math. I’m Asian so you know it’s accurate.

Good luck playing these remaining games.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Assuming these four dudes live where McDonald’s pay $15 (U.S. dollars) minimum wage, and all four players work four weeks a month, five days a week, eight hours a day. Instead of wasting, what, five months worth of time playing these Opens and winning it all, you could have made a whooping $12,000 instead; that’s enough money to have sex with at least 100 different hookers, assuming they’re high end ones that charge $100 a bang.

Don’t even bother checking my math. I’m Asian so you know it’s accurate.

Good luck playing these remaining games.

PDT doesn’t need to rent hookers

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna be active on Discord tonight. I'm playing slam (semi final) in half an hour (wouldn't expect a lot of you to understand anyway) so please don't DM me asking me where I am (clapping confide) you'll most likely get aired because ill be clapping confide (again I don't expect you to understand) im really interested in the turquoise trophy and its not a situation i can pass up for some meaningless Discord degenerates (because ill be winning my slam game against confide, not that you really are going to understand) this is my life now. Winning slam and not wasting my precious time on ladder, I have to move on from such simple things and branch out (you wouldnt understand).

lgi pdt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)