Grand Slam VIII - Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
RU has banned Linoone. Linoone is still allowed for the remainder of RU Open round 1, so if you have yet to play your RU Open round 1 set please do so in the Gen 7 OU format (Gen 7 UU doesn't allow for Drought to be used, so please use Gen 7 OU) in order to still be able to use Linoone.

As of round 2 Linoone will no longer be allowed in RU Open.

Alright, the usage-based tier update for July is out and this is how it impacts your Grand Slam run:

UU Open
- No changes; UU quickbanned both Mimikyu and Pinsir-Mega with the intention to test them properly following the Altaria-Mega test

RU Open
- Feraligatr moved up to UU and alongside the recently banned Linoone won't be allowed from Round 2 onwards
- If you haven't played your Round 1 games for RU Open yet, please use the Gen 7 OU format to do so; read the post above this one as well
- You can use the Gen 7 RU format again for Round 2 onwards

NU Open
- No changes

PU Open
- Mesprit moved up to NU and it won't be allowed from Round 3 onwards
- Ferroseed dropped down to PU and will be allowed from Round 3 onwards
- Mesprit is still allowed for Round 2, so please do so in the Gen 7 NU format in order to still be able to use Mesprit
- You can use the Gen 7 PU format again for Round 3 onwards

LC Open
- No changes

Round 2 of PU Open was posted before the usage-based tier update was posted, so that's why the changes for PU Open won't go into effect until Round 3.

If this is too confusing or you have any other questions about Grand Slam, then feel free to stop by our Grand Slam channel in the Smogon Tournaments Discord server.

PU Open
- Abomasnow-Mega dropped down to PU and will be allowed from Round 3 onwards
- Cinccino dropped down to PU and will be allowed from Round 3 onwards
- Ferroseed dropped down to PU and will be allowed from Round 3 onwards

If the PU council ends up banning Abomasnow-Mega, Cinccino or Ferroseed I'll update you all here.
Aaaaaaaaaaand PU banned Abomasnow-Mega and Cinccino, so you can disregard those two. I've updated the above post accordingly, but for PU Open it comes down to Abomasnow-Mega and Cinccino NOT being allowed at all, while Mesprit won't be allowed from Round 3 onwards. Ferroseed, however, will be allowed from Round 3 onwards. Don't forget that PU Open is currently in Round 2 and not yet in Round 3, so the changes for Mesprit and Ferroseed won't go into effect until the next round is up; you can use Mesprit this round, but you cannot use Ferroseed.

We've had some connection issues with both PS! main server and Smogtours today. The issues have been resolved, but if you were unable to play your Grand Slam games because of this, then feel free to contact the respective Open's host to ask for a short extension should it be necessary.

Because there weren't enough tourbans for today...

RE: dcae, LC Open

Situation: dcae participated in LC Open both on his own account and on an alt named "kuroka".

Result: The alt has been banned and dcae will be tournament banned for 6 months.

RE: Z+V vs. Corckscrew, UU Open R7

Situation: In his UU Open set versus Corckscrew, Z+V intentionally forfeited shortly into both game 1 and game 2, which allowed Corckscrew to win the set and advance virtually uncontested. While Z+V and Corckscrew did not appear to have colluded in advance to rig the set (see these deleted posts), throwing a tournament game is explicitly against tournament rules and cannot be permitted in any form, as it severely undermines the competitiveness of our tournaments.

Result: Z+V will be tournament banned for three months. Corckscrew remains in UU Open.

RE: blarghlfarghl vs. Skelos, NU Open

Situation: blarghlfarghl and Skelos have not been able to find a suitable scheduled time to play the NU Open final. They've had two weeks time to play and have now overstayed their welcome as playoffs have already gone up. The reasons I allowed an extension this long were because the series no longer mattered for playoffs and wouldn't hold up said playoffs either; the conditions of all players trying to qualify for playoffs should be equal. It was just a fun set for the players to try and claim the NU Open title and I didn't wanna get in the way of that if I didn't have to. My fellow TDs warned me about granting an extension this long and I should've listened to them. We very likely won't ever grant a similar extension again after this, because you two somehow couldn't manage to schedule a single compatible playing window in two full weeks.

Result: I'll hereby set a deadline for this NU Open final for tonight at 11:59 PM GMT -4. If you guys haven't played the set by then, I'll label the final as [No Winner]. Get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)