5. Team usage tips
6. Threat List
7. Replays
8. Shoutouts
9. Importable
10. Other Teams

11. Outro

1. INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone! It’s Pinkacross, and I’ve got another team. I haven’t released many RMTs lately because I’ve had a lot of failed projects. I’ve tested many pokemon that were good enough to keep me testing them, but ultimately not good enough to be on a top-level team or justify an RMT. The drought is over, however. I have many promising projects, and the peak for another exciting team other than this Grass spam has already been achieved. I made this Grass spam shortly after the Nihilego team, very soon after the Kyurem ban. I waited for the meta to adapt and see if the team would still function well, and it certainly does. Using this team was extremely fun, and it performed very consistently for me on the ladder. It’s also almost 100% accurate, so it’s quite hax-proof for anyone out there who doesn’t have the best luck. I present to you: Mean&Green.

2. PROOF OF PEAK

This peak was achieved by me laddering alone.

3. TEAM + DESCRIPTION

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide

Role / General Tips
: Rillaboom is a breaker, sweeper-stopper, Water resist, and most importantly, Grassy Terrain support for the team. Rillaboom is often great to bring out early game to set Grassy Terrain and it can threaten common leads like Clefable, Urshifu, and Weavile.
Item: Choice Band is used to help Rillaboom deal as much damage as possible and be a more consistent breaker and sweeper-stopper.
Moves: Wood Hammer is for breaking and getting some important OHKOs. Superpower hits Steel types like Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Corviknight for solid damage. Grassy Glide is a powerful priority move that lets Rillaboom take on faster pokemon and threaten many with an OHKO. U-Turn is great for switching out powerfully when the opponent has a hard wall to Rillaboom. This can help get in other breakers like Bisharp or Victini.
EVs & Nature: Adamant with maximum Speed and Attack investment is to help Rillaboom break and outspeed threats.
Other Options: You can run Knock Off over Superpower or U-Turn but I would not recommend it.
Notable Calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Grassy Terrain: 357-421 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile in Grassy Terrain: 339-399 (120.6 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 398-470 (103.1 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 248-294 (70.4 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Role / General Tips: Kartana acts as Speed control and a late game sweeper. Generally preserve Kartana to the late game, but sometimes it can be sacked if needed against slow teams. Kartana's synergy with Rillaboom can be utilized lategame, with Grassy Terrain making Leaf Blade a lethal sweeping move.
Item: Choice Scarf lets Kartana be an extremely threatening sweeper combined with Beast Boost. It also makes it consistent Speed control.
Moves: Knock Off is an all-around good, high damage move that removes items and OHKOs Dragapult. Leaf Blade and Smart Strike are two helpful STAB moves, giving even Scarf Kartana a lot of OHKOs. Sacred Sword is great for hitting Steel types like Ferrothorn, and is often very helpful late game.
EVs & Nature: Jolly with max Attack and Speed to be a better sweeper.
Other Options: You can replace Smart Strike with Aerial Ace if you see Buzzwole around.
Notable Calcs:

252 Atk Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 342-404 (107.8 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 150-178 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

- Beat Up

Role / General Tips: Bisharp acts as a breaker and Ghost resist. It also abuses Defog with Defiant. Bisharp’s Beat Up has a base power of 104 when all pokemon on the team are healthy. If you catch a Landorus-Therian lead with Bisharp, you’re likely going to get a kill as this pokemon is insanely strong.
Item: Choice Band allows Bisharp to break more effectively.
Moves: Knock Off is a great STAB move that removes items and deals massive damage. Iron Head hits Fairy types hard and hits other Dark resists such as Tyranitar or Hydreigon. Sucker Punch is a powerful priority move that lets Bisharp attack pokemon much faster than it. Lastly, Beat Up is an incredible breaking move, when the whole party is healthy (not fainted and no status conditions), Beat Up has 104 base power and gets some crazy 2HKOs against big walls. Beat Up is also a non-contact move, meaning it can hit safely despite Iron Barbs and Static.
EVs & Nature: Adamant Nature with max Speed and Attack gives Bisharp the best breaking set possible. Max HP investment over max Speed can also be run to increase bulk.
Other Options: A Swords Dance set can be run, it works quite well if you prefer it. Jolly Nature can also be run to outspeed Magnezone and most Volcanion.
Notable Calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Beat Up vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 145-172 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Beat Up vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 189-223 (47.3 - 55.8%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Beat Up vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 162-192 (46 - 54.5%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Role / General Tips: Victini functions as a breaker and in some ways, a wall. If you see a Volcarona, keep Victini alive. It beats all viable sets of Volcarona with V-create. Victini appreciates Stealth Rock support greatly, and it functions well at all stages of the game.
Item: Heavy Duty Boots lets Victini ignore Stealth Rock and other hazards that it’s very weak to normally.
Moves: V-Create is an extremely strong Fire STAB that lets Victini OHKO and 2HKO most of the tier. Bolt Strike hits bulky Water types like Toxapex and Slowbro that can take V-create. U-Turn lets Victini swap out while dealing damage. Will-O-Wisp is great for crippling Landorus, Garchomp, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, common switchins to Victini. Will-O-Wisp can also be used on walls like Slowbro and Toxapex to ensure a Bolt Strike 2HKO. It can also cripple Dragonite, which sometimes uses Victini as setup fodder.
EVs & Nature: Jolly Nature is important so Victini can outspeed Tapu Lele, Hydreigon, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike while Speed tying Zapdos.
Other Options: Encore can be run over Will-O-Wisp, though Victini + Grassy Terrain is the team’s main way to beat Dragonite so I would not advise this.
Notable Calcs:

252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 368-434 (92.2 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 216-255 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 126-150 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower / Toxic
- Flip Turn
- Yawn / Toxic

Role / General Tips
: Swampert is a wall, Electric immunity, and Stealth Rock setter for the team. Try to keep Swampert healthy if a Heatran is about, this team often has difficulties with Heatran if Swampert faints. Swampert is a common lead for this team.
Item: Leftovers gives Swampert as much longevity as possible, especially with Grassy Terrain.
Moves: Stealth Rock is a great move that pressures the opponent throughout the game, and is particularly threatening with Bisharp in the back to oppose Defog. High Horsepower is a strong STAB move that lets Swampert OHKO Heatran, even through Grassy Terrain (unlike Earthquake). Flip Turn is a great switching move that lets Swampert get in breakers safely and deal decent damage. For the last slot, Yawn is great as it lets Swampert get up Stealth Rock on any Defogger in the tier, most notably Corviknight, by forcing it out with the threat of Sleep.
EVs & Nature: Max Special Defense and HP lets Swampert be an effective Special wall for Heatran, and it provides an additional pokemon that can tank a Shadow Ball or two so the pressure isn’t all on Bisharp.
Other Options: Toxic can be run over Yawn or High Horsepower to do a better job at pressure Slowbro, Zapdos, and Tornadus-Therian.
Notable Calcs:

0 Atk Swampert High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 424-504 (109.8 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 127-150 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Icy Wind

- Heat Wave

Role / General Tips: Tornadus is removal, a Ground immunity, Speed control, and a wall. Tornadus can be used early-game to pressure Landorus-Therian and Garchomp with Icy Wind and Defog. Throughout the game it is most commonly used as a wall, particularly to switch into opposing Kartana and Rillaboom.
Item: Heavy Duty Boots makes Tornadus a more consistent wall as it can ignore Stealth Rock.
Moves: This set may be a bit weird, but it’s very effective. Defog is used to remove hazards, which is very helpful in certain matchups. U-turn helps Tornadus exit the field and Regenerate while also getting in other pokemon (often breakers). Icy Wind hits many pokemon in the OU tier with 4x super effective damage, such as Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, and Dragonite. It can also prevent Speed boosting pokemon from sweeping, such as a Dragon Dance Dragapult attempting to use Tornadus as setup fodder. Finally, Heat Wave hits Steel types and forces out Ferrothorn. It also deals significant damage to Corviknight and Melmetal.
EVs & Nature: Timid Nature with 168 Speed lets Tornadus outspeed base 110 (350 Speed) pokemon, like Gengar and Latios. It also outspeeds Kartana, Alolan Ninetales, and Adamant Weavile.
Other Options: I highly recommend running these 4 moves, though Toxic can be used over Icy Wind.
Notable Calcs:

252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 92 Def Tornadus-Therian: 159-187 (44 - 51.8%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 92 Def Tornadus-Therian in Grassy Terrain: 219-258 (60.6 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 156-188 (40.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 196-232 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4. TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

I wanted to make a Grassy Terrain team, so I started with CB Rillaboom + Scarf Kartana.

I added a Bisharp to act as additional priority, help force walls such as Corviknight and Ferrothorn to be significantly chipped, and act as a Shadow Ball resist. Bisharp also appreciated the Grassy Terrain healing and Earthquake damage reduction.

I needed a Stealth Rocker and I was extremely weak to Heatran, so I added Swampert. It gave my team more Special bulk and a consistent way to get my breakers in.

I added Victini so I would have a way to beat Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and other Steels by threatening the OHKO with V-Create. Victini also greatly appreciates Grassy Terrain.

Despite having a Rillaboom, I still needed a Ground immunity and removal. I added on a Tornadus-Therian to provide defensive support, an answer to Kartana, and to glue the team together.

5. TEAM USAGE TIPS

1. Often you don’t want to sack Rillaboom, Grassy Terrain support is very nice throughout the game as it benefits almost all of the team.
2. Don’t be afraid to let Bisharp die clicking Knock Off or Beat Up on Corviknight if it lets the Grass core win.
3. Focus on breaking. This team is an Offense, the long-game will very rarely benefit you.
4. Don’t let Swampert get too chipped if a Heatran is around. You do have other ways of dealing with it, but it’s very difficult to switch into without Swampert.
5. Play aggressively, it’s easy for your opponent’s team to be overwhelmed by this offensive core.
6. Check out the Replay section, it should help if you’re struggling to play the team.
7. Be patient with yourself, learning a new team can be difficult. :)

6. THREAT LIST

Choice Specs Tapu Lele is the primary concern of this team. Victini can take 2 hits and OHKO in return, but Tapu Lele can get in fairly easily on Rillaboom, Bisharp, Tornadus, and at times weakened Swampert. If you play aggressively and don’t let Tapu Lele come in too often it shouldn’t be an issue. Also, Grassy Terrain recovery can sometimes give Victini an extra Moonblast switchin.

We don’t really have much to hit Heatran outside of Swampert. If Swampert gets chipped, it can be trouble. Note that Victini can actually do huge damage to Heatran by using a few Bolt Strikes, so we aren’t helpless, but keep an eye on Heatran.

Volcanion is difficult to take on defensively. Rillaboom OHKOs with Wood Hammer, Swampert can tank non-Choice Specs hits, and Volcanion struggles to come in against members of the team (other than Tornadus), but it can still be scary. Try to set up Stealth Rock if Volcanion is Choice Specs, and you may have to risk switching Rillaboom in on a Steam Eruption.

7. REPLAYS

(Note: Some of these replays show the team above 1972, even in 2000s, though I couldn’t find a screenshot of the peak so I went with the #1 screenshot I did get).

Game that got me to #1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484340864-aspp2cgr3m9sgfeh2w60a8h8b6ahqo2pw
Vs Hail: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484414055-h0ud8dt28eqe7js8ohfjmf06otkpmzlpw
Vs HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484333585-gtcq5pk884zgpgzavydk6zvajkeq0kppw
Tornadus Sweep: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484318903-kd8s1gpg6nbjz1pr80epzpv4ir5sbgapw
Vs HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484312854-8y2mk7kqmo9qgmczpgltui8z02q1nhkpw
Vs Hydreigon Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1484309539-m7u7z6dmowrt6visrg1nh9dkutxd92npw
Vs Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1488050822-tpc9e6o159hqw8i0ighx3nb2rhdkb7hpw
Vs Keldeo Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1488303155-5r0ds9m44mh7mi4hx0c3rue7ldb1hxupw

8. SHOUTOUTS

Shoutouts to Storm Zone for help with testing and making small set adjustments. Also thanks to Tenebricite for helping with the banner design!

9. IMPORTABLE

The Team: https://pokepast.es/7d52906dcd563138

Team with Nicknames: https://pokepast.es/aea3315c955d4b38

10. OTHER TEAMS

Flame Charge Blacephalon Balance - Peaked #1: POSSIBLY OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME CHANGES
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blacephalon’s-disco-party-peaked-1-2117-ft-flame-charge-blacephalon.3678209/

Alolan Raichu Balance (UPDATED) - Peaked #3:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...s-ft-gravity-vanilluxe-hail-tailwind.3693369/
OR

Hail Offense - Peaked #1: POSSIBLY OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME CHANGES
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ft-alolan-sandslash-alolan-ninetales.3681004/

Regieleki Rain - Peaked #1:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...1-2131-ft-specs-pelipper-barraskewda.3687991/

Galarian Zapdos Hazard Stack - Peaked #1:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...1-2041-90-0-gxe-ft-regieleki-weavile.3691380/

Alakazam Psyspam - Peaked #1: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/alakazam-psyspam-peaked-1-2086-ft-galarian-moltres.3694416/

Nihilego Offense - Peaked #1: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nihilego-offense-peaked-1-2040-all-100-accurate-moves.3695221/

Porygon-Z Rain - Peaked #1: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-1-2006-ft-seismitoad-4-choice-items.3696602/

11. OUTRO

Thank you to all who read this far! I’m still working to make more creative teams, and recently Storm Zone and I took an NU pokemon to #1… you’ll see what it is in my next RMT! I want to thank all of the people I've seen who've been enjoying my teams and building their own creative teams as well. It makes me so happy that my hobby of building these teams can make others happy as well. Thanks so much for the support, and keep being creative!

P.S. listen to “Mean Green Mother from Outerspace” when you play with the team! :)

Also, join the War on Stall! https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...usage-stats-in-post-3539.3672210/post-9164974

Last edited:
Great team, love rilla love considering how much hate its been geeting on the vr forums recently.
Gotta ask why torrent over damp on pert? In the HO game damp would have prevented that eleki from exploding, while torrent doesnt really benefit you at all?
Basically, Swampert can get a stronger Flip-Turn, which can be nice at low percents. Both abilities hardly do anything, but in my testing I found Torrent a little more useful. Either one can be used, though.

I love all your teams thx. Here's hoping you can make a sun team some day, especially with a chlorophyll sweeper that isn't Venu :]
To be honest Venusaur is the only Chlorophyll user other than Maractus that gets Weather Ball, and Maractus' lack of Earth Power makes it significantly worse than Venusaur. Thus, it is basically impossible to make a viable sun team with a Chlorophyll sweeper other than Venu. As for sun as a whole, I've failed repeatedly to build it and I'm pretty sure it's just unviable. There's a chance some variations of sun could work (possibly Leki + Rilla sun) but generally as a playstyle sun is awful. Still a chance it happens but... I wouldn't get your hopes up. :/ I'll definitely work on building other creative teams though, and if you want to try sun you should go for it! :)

I love all your teams thx. Here's hoping you can make a sun team some day, especially with a chlorophyll sweeper that isn't Venu :]
Shiftry is pretty based for sun ngl. trash defensive typing and bulk but it has heat wave and sucker punch to let it function outside of sun as well. also, being a ghost resist is pretty good for sun teams that normally can't switch into and immediately threaten pult.
99% of the time venusaur is miles better, but if I had to use another one it would be shiftry

Pinkacross fun looking team btw! i'm not entirely sure if bisharp is the best pokèmon you could have gone for in that slot, but I don't have any suggestions atm. I've noticed you really like that victini set in particular, I'm curious to try that out

Dirkhann

Banned deucer.
To be honest Venusaur is the only Chlorophyll user other than Maractus that gets Weather Ball, and Maractus' lack of Earth Power makes it significantly worse than Venusaur. Thus, it is basically impossible to make a viable sun team with a Chlorophyll sweeper other than Venu. As for sun as a whole, I've failed repeatedly to build it and I'm pretty sure it's just unviable. There's a chance some variations of sun could work (possibly Leki + Rilla sun) but generally as a playstyle sun is awful. Still a chance it happens but... I wouldn't get your hopes up. :/ I'll definitely work on building other creative teams though, and if you want to try sun you should go for it! :)
This message broke my heart since I'm a big fan of sun as a playstyle. Ive only managed to get to mid 1700s with sun and I've seen some other sun teams around that range but none of them have a chlorophyll mon. Only stuff like Volcanion + Heatran + Torkoal then glue mons. Still love your teams and your creativity tho, keep up the good work it's always a blast when you release a new rmt :)

This message broke my heart since I'm a big fan of sun as a playstyle. Ive only managed to get to mid 1700s with sun and I've seen some other sun teams around that range but none of them have a chlorophyll mon. Only stuff like Volcanion + Heatran + Torkoal then glue mons. Still love your teams and your creativity tho, keep up the good work it's always a blast when you release a new rmt :)
Tell ya what, let's schedule a time some weekend to attempt RillaLeki sun and see how it goes. Maybe it can work.

Dirkhann

Banned deucer.
Tell ya what, let's schedule a time some weekend to attempt RillaLeki sun and see how it goes. Maybe it can work.
That would be amazing my man! You're the goat. I'm free mostly every afternoon including weekends ofc. I'm not a good builder but I have some sun teams i've gathered from decent elo players, thought they're a bit outdated. Nowadays with Tornadus and Zapdos running around everywhere its harder for sun.

Mimikyu Stardust

nyeheheheh
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
how do i beat this team with your rain team, asking for a friend

all jokes aside this is really awesome, people do underrate grass spam post kyurem, while buzzwole does suck for it this team has enough check to it, dnite and other anti grassers. will def use

how do i beat this team with your rain team, asking for a friend

all jokes aside this is really awesome, people do underrate grass spam post kyurem, while buzzwole does suck for it this team has enough check to it, dnite and other anti grassers. will def use
When using my Rain against this team you basically have to get reads correct against Bisharp. I'd recommend leading Barraskewda to bait Sucker Punch and doubling into Pelipper to get Rain. Timid Specs Seismitoad can destroy this grass spam if it gets in when it needs to. Preserve Ferrothorn for Rillaboom. If you predict a swampert lead, probably the best Counterlead is Pelipper. In general, this particular grass spam is a rough MU for rain but it's winnable.

As for Buzzwole, Knock it Off sometime early game, set Stealth Rock, abuse it to get free Victini switches (since most Buzzwole teams heavily rely upon Buzzwole and will regularly be forced into it. After a few SR entries CB Bisharp Iron Head can 2HKO as well.

Have fun! :)

yo fire team brother, but a few questions.

Kartana - Kartana seems to put in a good bit of work. Band variants seem to be able to completely demolish the team, with smart strike, knock off, leaf blade, and sacred sword sets covering your whole teams weaknesses and being able to kill all the mons. When put against kart it seems like you would have to predict a lot, and even with torn, knock cripple + smart strike is doing a billion. I understand you can revenge kill with your own kartana but still, them switching out and just bringing it back in could lead to them claiming one after the other. This wasn't very well explained, but I think it should definitely be put on the threats list.

Tornadus - A pokemon like tornadus looks pretty good against ur team on MU. The mon kinda just clicks knock off and hurricane over and over again, crippling ur pokemon. It also kinda just clicks u turn after it does its knocking thing and racks up momentum. Idk if I don't see something, but how do you usually work around it?

Volt turn cores (mainly urshifu)- Another question that related to the tornadus thing, how do u deal with volt turn cores? It looks like hazard stacks or just Koko + Urshifu cores really put in work vs your team. Koko threatens a good bit of your team, and when you bring in pert on the turn, they bring in shifu. Looking at urshifu on paper vs this team, it seems like it does hella damage, considering you have no wall to it without taking a billion.

Amazing build tho, keep it up :D

yo fire team brother, but a few questions.

Kartana - Kartana seems to put in a good bit of work. Band variants seem to be able to completely demolish the team, with smart strike, knock off, leaf blade, and sacred sword sets covering your whole teams weaknesses and being able to kill all the mons. When put against kart it seems like you would have to predict a lot, and even with torn, knock cripple + smart strike is doing a billion. I understand you can revenge kill with your own kartana but still, them switching out and just bringing it back in could lead to them claiming one after the other. This wasn't very well explained, but I think it should definitely be put on the threats list.

Tornadus - A pokemon like tornadus looks pretty good against ur team on MU. The mon kinda just clicks knock off and hurricane over and over again, crippling ur pokemon. It also kinda just clicks u turn after it does its knocking thing and racks up momentum. Idk if I don't see something, but how do you usually work around it?

Volt turn cores (mainly urshifu)- Another question that related to the tornadus thing, how do u deal with volt turn cores? It looks like hazard stacks or just Koko + Urshifu cores really put in work vs your team. Koko threatens a good bit of your team, and when you bring in pert on the turn, they bring in shifu. Looking at urshifu on paper vs this team, it seems like it does hella damage, considering you have no wall to it without taking a billion.

Amazing build tho, keep it up :D
Thank you for the encouragement! As for your critcisms, I can't say I agree. As far as offenses go, we switch into CB Kartana very well. Victini + Bisharp + Defensive Heat Wave Tornadus-Therian is very solid for preventing Kartanan from getting kills, and I had no issues with Kartana during testing. Tornadus is more scary, yes, but the opponent often can't afford to lose a load of health on their Tornadus, as it's frequently the only answer to a core of Kartana and Rillaboom. Therefore, pokemon like Swampert, Victini, Bisharp, and our own Tornadus can threaten opposing Tornadus. As for Urshifu Volt-Turn, the scariest set is Choice Band and it can't come in easily against most of the team. It's pretty scary, but also slow and can't OHKO Swampert. I've found it threatening but overall not too difficult to deal with. If you miss a few reads against it, however, it can be very scary. Overall the pokemon you listed can be scary, but I don't see them as being so threatening given that the team IS an offense, and can apply pressure back quite promptly. If you have any changes you'd like to recommend I'd be glad to evaluate them, but I don't see any reasonable way to fix these threats. Thanks for the rate and have a great day! :)

Nice team, but I feel like these certain mons might give u trouble.
:sm/zapdos-galar: :choice band:
This thing can swap in on Rillaboom and Swampert, and can threaten huge damage with brave bird, as the only resist is Bisharp which gets 2 hit OHKO'd, though it dies of recoil, it would still have punched major holes.
:sm/hawlucha:
If this thing gets a swords dance off, then it might get really scary as +2 acrobatics has over 50% chance to OHKO torn, and rillaboom and bisharp aren't able to revenge kill thanks to its typing.

Nice team, but I feel like these certain mons might give u trouble.
:sm/zapdos-galar: :choice band:
This thing can swap in on Rillaboom and Swampert, and can threaten huge damage with brave bird, as the only resist is Bisharp which gets 2 hit OHKO'd, though it dies of recoil, it would still have punched major holes.
:sm/hawlucha:
If this thing gets a swords dance off, then it might get really scary as +2 acrobatics has over 50% chance to OHKO torn, and rillaboom and bisharp aren't able to revenge kill thanks to its typing.
Very true, these are both quite scary. Hawlucha often has a difficult time setting up and can usually be hit once and then killed by Glide, but it is threatening. Gapdos is super scary as well, although Tornadus can switch in once.

I've been having a lot of trouble with Kommo-o. Should I switch yawn for toxic on Swampert or is there some other solution I'm missing? I keep running into a guy with iron defense + body press kommo-o and a heatran lol

I've been having a lot of trouble with Kommo-o. Should I switch yawn for toxic on Swampert or is there some other solution I'm missing? I keep running into a guy with iron defense + body press kommo-o and a heatran lol
Sure that's a change you can make if Kommo-o is giving you issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)