SM OU grassium z kart+bulu

ThelordofbadRNG

Banned deucer.
Hello,I wanted to share with y'all a team that has been working out for me quite a lot. Its a grass z kart + bulu team as you can tell from the thread name. Anyways,without further ado,lets get into the team.

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 36 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

I started off with kartana as the obvious first mon. I wanted to try out SD kartana while making this team and since I was planning for it to be a kart+bulu offense,I went with grassium z as terrain from bulu helps kartana to break through standard checks. Kartana is my stallbreaker as well.The set is p standard tbh. Leaf blade as obvious stab and the other two moves as coverage. Since kartana is prone to being revenged by greninja ash and tapu koko,here's where the next mon comes in

Bulu gives kart terrain to break through stuff like tang and zap after a SD with sheer raw power. Its also the koko check the team needed. I went with band here as I wanted the power to plow through things and not just have kart as my only offensive mon. Also,double swords dance is kinda redundant.

Gliscor is the mandatory ground type mon and also the rocks setter. I also needed a tran check as heatran plows through bulu and kartana. The glisc set is p standard. Anyways,next mon.

Tornadus is my defogger and my offensive kartana check. The set is standard as always. Tornadus also gives me another ground immune after gliscor and u turn support is pretty nice to bring in kartana or bulu safely. Next mon.

Jirachi is my speed control and my offensive magearna and lele check. All that bulk is to help check magearna while still having enough speed to revenge kill things like tapu koko,alakazam mega, and mega lopunny. The set is the standard smog set. U turn for momentum,iron head as the obvious STAB move while also having that nice flinch chance,you get the point.

Toxapex is my last mon here. I thought I needed another ash greninja check as banded bulu gets worn down pretty quickly with recoil and hydro pumps. Toxapex is also a pretty nice check for set up sweepers like volcarona with haze as those plow through my team. Set is really standard. Toxapex forms a really nice defensive backbone here with bulu as bulu checks the electrics that threaten pex like koko and also provides terrain while pex checks all the fire types not named heatran.

The teams weaknesses:

Tornadus therian: This is by far,the most annoying mon to face with this team. Nothing on my team appreciates a knock off and nothing appreciates hurricane. Its almost always a win for the tornadus player if they play well.

Charizard x: This mon is really annoying to face with this team. It'll almost always KO something after a dd. Though its not as big of an issue as tornadus as gliscor and pex under terrain still deal with it.

Kartana: This thing just goes insane vs this team. Band KO's everything if terrain is up which will almost always be up. Swords dance isn't as big of an issue but its still a nuisance. Scarf kartana is really annoying for this team as nothing really switches into it bar tornadus therian but if tornadus gets chipped,It can be KO'd and kartana can proceed to 6-0 me.

Shoutouts:

Curi: thanks for the rachi spread and suggesting grass z kart over normal z,I appreciate it.

Hi, this build looks pretty alright. However, I’d like to make some suggestions to improve it.

Major Changes:

—->

Magnezone over Tornadus-T

This change gives a way to help Kartana and Tapu Bulu get some their counters in Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and especially Celesteela removed, brings some momentum in a sense, and also aids the Mawile matchup that’s really important for every team. It can also act as a backup Lele and Koko switch-in. It can even trap Kartana locked into a move that isn’t Sacred Sword.

1563780912308.png
—->
1563781044113.png

Chansey over Jirachi

This change makes you have a much more surefire Alakazam counter while still supplying a fine Tapu Lele and non CM Pain Split Magearna switch-in that can set Stealth Rock. It can even benefit from Magnezone trapping checks like Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Celesteela.

—->

Landorus-T over Gliscor

This change grants a Choice Scarf user to help your offense matchup, a Ground-type to help block Volt Switch and Electric-type in general, and a good way to keep offensive momentum and get Mangezone in safely. It also acts as the Defogger with Tornadus gone.

Minor Changes:
Tapu Bulu: ToxTect lets Tapu Bulu lure and cripple counters to it and Kartana, such as Tornadus-T, Zapdos, Mega Lati@s, and the Charizard Megas. This change also makes Tapu Bulu act as a much more stable terrain setter and Dark resist. SD Kartana + Band Bulu is pretty redundant too as they’d both be wallbreakers the break the same walls and checked by the same things.

Toxapex: Was made to be more physically defensive as it’ll help in checking things like Mega Lopunny, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X, while helping scout Choice Scarf Kartana so Magnezone can potentially trap it. This also lets it still check Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y and Ash Greninja (although be careful for Dark Pulse).

Weaknesses:
Mega Medicham: This thing absolutely obliterates something everything it comes in with its insanely powerful High Jump Kicks and coverage. However, this matchup can be won with smart pivots to Kartana and Landorus on the correct move and Tapu Bulu can take one Ice Punch and kill with Horn Leech after some chip.

Blacephalon: It can 2HKO Toxapex with Specs Shadow Ball and can even cripple Chansey with Trick on the switch. It can even get in pretty easily on Tapu Bulu to blow a hole in the team. However, Kartana shreds non Scarf sets when it gets in safety although this matchup will take some very precise pivoting.

Magearna: Calm Mind Pain Split sets can easily handle this team as it beats Chansey and uses it as set up fodder while barely being killable for this team. However, Mangezone can wear it into range of Kartana potentially before it gets too many boosts. However, this matchup is one that is nearly an auto-loss.

Kartana: By winning a speed tie against your own Kartana, the opponent’s Kartana can easily brutalize your whole team, especially since Tapu Bulu can summon terrain for it. While Choice sets can be trapped with some smart play, non Choice sets can easily smash this team. It’ll mostly be down to winning the Speed tie.

Import: https://pokepast.es/5a2ceabcc98fd3c3

Hope you consider this and hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hey ThelordofbadRNG thanks for the shoutout. This team is pretty cool but I definitely think this needs some work for this to be a really great team. I absolutely hate this team's matchup versus Mega Alakazam and Rotom-W, since both are easily able to take advantage of this team's defensive core and basically get a free pick whenever it comes in, which obviously really sucks in a meta where both are pretty big. Aside from that, this team just gives off a really awkward vibe. Like this team's defensive core is just so passive (or momentum draining w/e you want to call it) that all it's basically doing is just letting breakers like Kart, Torn, and Bulu in for free and basically handing them free turns. I won't go into too much detail since it's not the easiest to explain to a newer player concisely, but tl;dr, eq + terrain makes gliscor passive as shit and scarf rachi is so easily chipped + is also a huge momentum drain when locked into anything but uturn etc. Anyways I've got some suggestions so I lets get into that.

• > :Toxapex: +:Gliscor:
Gastrodon is really nice here as it basically compresses the defensive presence of both Toxapex and Gliscor, letting you keep the fantastic matchup versus Ash Greninja, Heatran, and Volcarona while additionally improving the Alakazam and Rotom-W matchups.

• :Heatran: > :Jirachi:
Heatran is definitely works fantastically here since it fixes up quite a lot of this team's current issues, particularly the Tornadus-t, Magearna and boltbeam Lati matchups. While Heatran definitely doesn't like taking a knock from Tornadus-T, it's not as pressured to keep its lefties here since Grassy Terrain provides it with enough recovery from Tornadus from ever pressuring you. It's also a lot less passive, improving the balance matchup and gives the team a replacement pivot to use versus Celesteela and Magearna. The set's still pretty standard but because you have Toxic on Gastro, you have the freedom to run Will-O-Wisp in the last slot, which would let you cripple Garchomp and Mega Swampert, taking quite a lot of pressure off of Bulu and Kart from being overwhelmed by both.

• :Alakazam_Mega: in the free slot
So since your last slot was free, I decided to add an Alakazam, which gave this team a more reliable form of speed control, while also greatly improving the balance and Heatran matchups. The last slot is quite flexible since Mega Latias is really pressured between having to check Kartana + Bulu while also dealing from Tox from Heatran / Gastrodon, so there are quite a few options to use in the last slot. HP Fire is generally the best as you can remove Ferrothorn and Scizor instantly, but options such as Future Sight and HP Ice are also quite solid.

• :tornadus-therian:
While U-Turn is definitely a great option, I ended up changing the last slot to Taunt, basically completely invalidating Celesteela and Toxapex, which makes it a lot safer to pivot around. Since I had dropped Taunt and already had the best zone check in the game, I made Tornadus bulkier to deal with Medi and Kart a lot more reliably. The spread allows Tornadus to survive a medi ice punch from full and allows it to outspeed everything up to Serperior.

:Kartana: :Tapu_Bulu: :tornadus-therian: :Alakazam_Mega: :Heatran:

That's basically everything, hit me up on discord @ curiosity #2758 if you have any questions about the rate,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)