Green Galaxy
An LC RMT by 067jox

timburr.gif
galar pony.gif
oddish.gif
onix.gif
d9qjbau-c473d9b0-336e-4fa8-967f-535886a3ceab.gif
vullaby.gif

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and I made a new RMT. I Have played 2 days straight with this team. I got 17-0, 16-0, 19-0 and 24-0 on the ladder before losing with multiple alts. This team is a semi offensive team with pony as wallbreaker.

Teambuilding Process

galar pony.gif

So I started with pony. It's a strong psychic type with great coverage. Pony is also really fast and has a unique typing in lc as it’s the only viable psychic type. Pony has its downsides of course.

1. you can't get pony in safely without a U-turn or a revenge kill as its too frail to take a hit. it can switch into special moves like Sludge Bomb from Koffing or Oddish but it doesn’t like taking the hit.
2. Its weak against Sucker Punch and First Impression. while both moves can be countered it’s still a huge weakness.
3. His ability’s kind of sucks.
4. Mystical fire doesn’t kill Pawniard and actually raises his attack by 2 stages when it comes in.

Still Ponyta has great coverage allowing to hit everything in lc for at least neutral damage and it has 19speed making it one of the fastest Pokémon’s in lc!!

galar pony.gif
vullaby.gif
onix.gif

We need a core. Rocks are going to be important for a ton of rolls and Vullaby will provide us the bulk we need. Honestly a team without Vullaby isn’t a LC team. Vullaby will be an offensive pivot and Onix will be the dedicated rocker that can also provide a ton of offensive pressure.

Onix and Vullaby both have endured as support move. You can swap the move but it’s just a personal preference. I change it up from time to time as well. Another good option on Onix would be explosion. If you combine explosion Onix + protect pony than you can kill Trapinch after it traps Onix.
galar pony.gif
vullaby.gif
onix.gif
timburr.gif
oddish.gif

So, the team needed hazard removal and a way to switch into Pawniard. Timburr was also really great with switching into Ferro and having some extra priority can never hurt. Oddish on the other hand is my way of dealing with Spritzee, Timburr and Corpish. it’s a great defensive mon with multiple usages. Keep in mind that Oddish is your only Oddish switch in as well. try to trade the Oddish if they don’t have a Corpish as the trade will be worth it. You can consider going defog Vullaby + coverage punch Timburr for this weakness but both work.

galar pony.gif
vullaby.gif
onix.gif
timburr.gif
oddish.gif

Trapping is really good in lc and Trapinch was the perfect last mon I needed. it’s just a good mon that can kill anything that I want at least once. the way I use Trapinch on this team is as a late game priority user, a Pawniard trapper, a Diglett trapper and a way to kill Onix after u-turning with Vullaby. Another move you can run on Trapinch is superpower. it's a decent option as Ferroseed can be a pain for Oddish.

The Team
timburr.gif

Roid Rage (Timburr) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

- Defog

Just a solid Timburr spread that can also take on defensive Ponyta and Pumpkaboo. I like this set a ton. just know that you won't win any 1 vs 1 against other Timburr’s as they are probably run iron fist max attack. I'm running guts on this team because its better against bulky pony and Pumpkaboo. It can also help breaking Frillish.

galar pony.gif

Galaxy (Ponyta-Galar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Protect

Great coverage and able to hit both Ferroseed, Pawniard and Vullaby while nuking the field with stab psychic. you can go substitute > protect for the Pawniard matchup but protect helps your vs choice scarfer and Trapinch. This mon is pretty straight forward, try to use it as a mid-game wallbreaker and remember, pursuit is not in the game this gen ;)​

oddish.gif

Chlorofille (Oddish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 HP / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Great Foongus replacement that can glue this team together. Its great at making the battle a 5 vs 6 with sleep powder and having a dedicated Corpish switch never hurts. this mon can't hit steel types sadly enough so it will become passive if Pawniard and Ferro are still on the other side of the field. Keep in mind that strength sap actually raises Pawniard attack!!

onix.gif

Onixpected (Onix) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Endure

- Stealth Rock

Weak armour Onix is for Rufflet u-turning into Diglett meta. its better vs Diglett but potentially worse against Trapinch. I like this set but you can try Rockhead Head Smash with Dragon Dance > Endure. Another thing you can try is explosion > endure for the Trapinch matchup.​

Cracker (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Quick Attack

- First Impression

I prefer this Trapinch set on this team as it also deals perfectly with Onix. there is no reason to run 11 speed super power on a team that already deals quite well against Ferroseed. I run quick attack > feint in this gen because there isn’t really a reason to run it anymore like what do you want to outspeed? shell smash ice shard Shellder?

vullaby.gif

Kenny (Vullaby) (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn

- Endure
Offensive Vullaby set with U-turn to pivot and make predictions easier. Other than that you will have endure as a fail-safe. Other options > Endure are like sleep talk or defog.​

Threats

Wingull: scary mon but not used often. it can be a huge problem as it will destroy your team if you let your Vullaby die early on.

Pawniard: Pawn can be annoying if you need Trapinch for other stuff. try to make your focus to trap pawn unless you are substitute Ponyta.

Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur can be a problem if they can setup the sun. try to keep Vullaby healthy if that’s the case

Proof 24-0

win.png

Shoutouts MDL

Team

Last edited:
Hey Jordi, I really like this team! i managed to reach around 1300 before realizing that the team struggles quite a bit with spritzee, especially when they are fully offensive since psychic can 2HKO oddish. Without bringing massive changes to the team, is there a specific reason that oddish needs to be bold over timid? the extra speed would help to better its odds in the matchup without compromising its ability to deal with opposing oddish.

Reactions: Jox
What does Endure do for Weak Armour Onix, seeing as there's no Berry Juice or Sturdy to be activated by it?

Reactions: Jox

Jox

LCPL Champion
What does Endure do for Weak Armour Onix, seeing as there's no Berry Juice or Sturdy to be activated by it?
Really late reaction but it activates weak armour giving onix +2 speed so it can endure vs an scarf or +2 unit and outspeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)