ORAS OU Green Sand (Bulky Off. Peaked #300 and climbing)

Pendulum Swing

It's yours.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's a sad thing to say but my computer can't get screenshots and my usb cable is broken lol. Anyway Look for "RF_Drawer", i now have 1594 elo and i'll restart battles after i can post a photo here

Hi smogon, welcome to my first rmt here. Today I want to show you a team I built about 2/3 weeks ago that I'm really enjoying in this period.

Thiz. Some friends of mine said it was still a great wallbreaker even in oras ou and they were fucking right lol. It's quite an uncommon threat (uncommon also means that opponents rarely have a way to deal with him easily)but that doesn't means it can't be used. The new average speed in this meta also allows me to use a modest nature: lots of damage are coming from this lady!

MegaGarde surely has a great Sp.Def. but he suffers faster physical pokèmon that can easily revengekill her, so i thought hippowdon was a good choice, obtaining a fantastic rock setter that laughs at talonflame and deals with pokèmons as metagross, punny and garchomp. Next choice obv was sand rush exca, an awesome cleaner that gives 2HKO to the entire metagame with Garde's help.

At this point I imagined an angry keldeo throwing hydro pump to my team (lmao) and i also needed a defogger, so latias seemed me a good answer, that was also a good way to add some speed in this quite slow team and have a good revenge killer (sand isn't always raging y'know).

Sp.def Talonflame was becoming more and more popular so I decided to add it in my team. Garde+Exca fuck offense, but stall was a strong opponent for my team and a stallbreaker was what i needed indeed. Nothing to say, it works well and is one of the best switchins for megavenu and fairies in general.

Heatran could be very annoying for this team and hippowdon wasn't enough for bisharp imo. Keldeo was my final choice, adding fire power and more speed here. A good switch-in for sharp and ttar and a great revengekiller.

Mega Altaria? pff (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Substitute/Taunt
Like i said before, one of the best wallbreaker in ou imho. Fairy + Psychic + Fight gives me an incredible coverage, filled with the 4th move and the modest nature(All three are very useful, but i'm currently running Will-O-Wisp for scizor-mega and bisharp) gains to garde an incredible firepower that she uses for sweeping lots of pokèmon. I need 24 Def for avoid 2HKO from latios' psyshock.

It comes awake (Hippowdon) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

An amazing mixed wall, it can handle thundurus, metagross (when they're not running grass knot)punny, offensive talo, sharp, exca and lots of other offensive threats. I preferred rock slide to whirliwind because is a good move for Sp.Def. Talo that usually taunt me and because i don't suffer statuppers too much. Smooth Rock also gains 3 addictional sand turns, and i never suffered for leftiez absence.

Try to counter me (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

At first i decided to build on MegaGarde, but after battles and battles i noticed this little buddy was the real star here. Here we have an amazing fairyfagfucker that gets rid of the opponent's team after his rotom, or skarmo, or hippo is down. I don't like at all people who runs rapidspin on sandrush exca, I prefer swords dance , that trasforms this mon in a monster that 2HKOs the entire metagame and surprises things like slowbro and chansey.

Faster (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Classic set, nothing strange about it. Draco meteor and psyshock are latias' main stabs and I gave Recover>Healing wish 'cause specsdeo's hydropump wouldn't be very easy to handle for this team otherwise. 110 points is one of the best speed in oras ou, and it also deals with powerful wallbreaker like zardY and fwgManaphy hitting mons in general with her draco meteor.

HI STALL! (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

As i said in the buildingphase at first I used this thing with no motive, i just wanted to try this. It works well and he also give me a prio and a fantastic stallbreaker. It's nice burning thing landot on the switch, roosting on half of the meta and using taunt on some shits like clefable and others. Some friends of mine proposed a Bulk up set but I honestly didn't enjoyed it a lot.

Stay away from me (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

The last but not the least, here we have a pretty common scarfdeo. Like I said before it adds more firepower and speed to my team, while offering a great switch-in to ttar and bisharp. At first I decided to use a Calm Mind set, but i noticed that bulkyddgyarados was a serious threat to this team, and hippowdon wasn't always enough for punny-mega, so I decided to give him hp electric and a choice scarf.

It's quite late in my country, so i could have mistaked some words, tomorrow i will try to fix this text and to add the threat-list.
Mega Altaria? pff (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

It comes awake (Hippowdon) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Try to counter me (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Faster (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

HI STALL! (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Stay away from me (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man cool and very solid team! One nitpick is that you forgot to add in your talonflame set in the analysis so I'd add that asap! I know the set though so I can easily give you a rate still. Your fourth move on garde looks to be a little unsure to you from my point of view and it honestly is not too easy to determine the best answer for what should go here but I would personally go with either wil-o-wisp like you have been using or calm mind. Wow actually has great synergy with sand offense because of the ability to burn and whittle skarmory to the point that exca will break through it or garde will itself. There are some negatives though as scizor and other steel types are not too threatening to this team considering you have keldeo+the sand offense core to reliably smack pretty much every steel type in the tier. While crippling rachi or spdef zong is great for garde it does not by any means remove them and again they aren't too hard for the rest of the team to deal with at all. A big thing is that with wisp chansey walls garde making it's matchup against stall a bit less effective than usual. Also you did mention the weakness to spdef talon so the common balance cores of talon+skarm can make for some tricky plays between wisping or psyshocking since giving a free switch in for talon can be detrimental to your team in certain matchups where hippo can not afford to be burned. Calm mind allows garde to smash stall very hard and threaten pretty much any one of these switch-ins after some prior damage as a +1 focus blast does an solid amount to zong and rachi and spdef talon has a 62.5% chance of being OHKO'd by psyshock as brave bird will not kill. Hilariously enough a +1 psyshock 2hkos chansey so your matchup against stall is massively improved. This decision is really up to you whether you want to increase your matchup against stall or balance/bulky offensive teams by choosing the move for each respectively(wisp for balance/BO, cm for stall and I guess a different kind of utility against balance).

Due to the weakness to talon I'm going to have to suggest stone edge over rock slide. Despite the accuracy this change is necessary due to the commonness of this threat and how it can easily remove a key part to your core. Here's some calcs to show my point without writing another essay.
0 Atk burned Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 210-248 (58.4 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk burned Hippowdon Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 158-188 (44 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
EQ on the roost- 0 Atk burned Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 157-186 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

The rock slide damage relies on some high roles or crits to eventually whittle talon down until it's KO'd. This is also assuming you hit every one of them too :/. Stone edge will reliably beat talon 100% of the time if it lands and gives it no wiggle room to potentially stall out hippo and plague your team more than it already does.

Other than those two changes the team is very good! I'm considering stealing it actually so if I do I'l get back to you with any edits I may have made :]

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Team Pokepals, Reymedy, and Jimbon gave me some expert advice on Team Rating, so I hope it pays off.

Hey, thats a solid team you have there. Minor Suggestion but can you make an importable with the Hide Commands, this is so others can try it out. Also where is your Talonflame? I can't really rate this properly without know its moveset, I'm guessing its Sp.Def Talonflame as you said on your Team Building section. I'll rate the team anyway for now. Your team has a major weakness to water types such as Azumarill, and Manaphy as it can easily sweep your team as you don't have much to counter them. Also Rotom-W looks like a pain to deal with as it walls more than half your team and only Mega Gardevoir and Latias can deal with it. I'm going to suggest Celebi over Latias to deal with your weaknesses, as it can deal with Rotom-W as it has Natural Cure which heals Status Conditions when it switches out. The bad part changing it to Celebi this is that makes your more Charizard Y weak but I think Hippowdon and your Sp. Def Talon can deal with a few of its hits, and it also loses your defogger making Excadrill run Rapid Spin. With Celebi it can use Nasty Plot then Baton Pass into Mega Gardevoir letting it potentially sweep or go into Keldeo letting it clean the rest of the battle. Nothing to major but with Celebi it makes a G/F/W Core with Keldeo and Talon.
If you did change Latias to Celebi I would run Rapid Spin over Swords Dance to remove field hazards which helps Talonflame safely come in.
I agree with Mur on Stone Edge over Rock Slide as it does more damage, the bad part about is that is has lower accuarcy. I hoped I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Hey man, I really like this team and the use of some of the best wall breakers in the game (Mega Gardevior, SD excadrill and Keldeo). With this said, I have noticed some fatal flaws in your team that prevents it from breaking certain teams and cores, which literally mean that you can lose from team preview if your opponent is not mentally handicapped. This is cool though, cause I'm to give you a hand and fix some shit up and hopefully take your team to the next level. Ok, enough chit-chat lets get to the juicy shit!

The very first thing I noticed about your team is how completely fucked over it gets by SpD Skarmory + most Keldeo check (Starmie,Tentacruel, Azumaril etc), which are really common in the tier. SpD Skarmory walls gardevoir as none of its move can 2hko it and it can retaliate with an Iron Head or start stacking Spikes. Hippowdon can't touch Skarmory and is just free layers of spikes. Excadrill can't do anything without boosts which means its also just free spikes and can be whirlwinded out once it has gotten to plus 2. Latias can't do anything, which like we've said before, equals free spikes. Taloflame can't 2hko Tentacruel or Bulky Starmie, and will just cop scalds forcing you to constantly roost. Finally, Keldeo is hard walled by both these two, as a scarf hidden power electric wont 2hko Bulky Starmie and Tentacruel. So if it isn't obvious already that your team can be entirely shut down by this core, you should now and is why I have a handful of changes I believe you should make here:

• Change 1, Modest > Timid on Keldeo, as this allows you to have a 78.5% chance to 2hko Bulky Starmie, which is huge and will allow you to take care of this threat a lot quicker. It also does a significant amount more to Tentacruel.

• Change 2, Taunt > Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind , as this means that Skarmory can not roost off the damage taken from a move on the switch in and if he doesn't have Iron Head, your certain to beat him. It also helps verses fat stuff like Chansey and allows you to beat them presuming you've taken no prior damage.

• Change 3, Three Attack Latios > Latias, the three moves being Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor and psyshock. This allows for a final measure against this previously mentioned cores, as they are completely destroyed by this set. If you fear that your losing a reliable switch into Keldeo as you no longer have Roost, you can run Rapid Spin > Swords dance on Excadrill and the run Roost > Defog, as at this point you would already have 3 really strong wall breakers. You could also run this three attacking set with Latias > Latios if you wanted more bulk and did decide to go with the Recover option.
Any way, this is everything me and my extremely exhausted brain can handle to contribute at this moment in time, but I will come back and add more inputs if I do feel like I missed out on anything. With this said, I hope you enjoyed my rate and were able to get something out of it! I wish you the best with your team in the future as well!

Pendulum Swing

It's yours.
Hey man cool and very solid team! One nitpick is that you forgot to add in your talonflame set in the analysis so I'd add that asap! I know the set though so I can easily give you a rate still. Your fourth move on garde looks to be a little unsure to you from my point of view and it honestly is not too easy to determine the best answer for what should go here but I would personally go with either wil-o-wisp like you have been using or calm mind. Wow actually has great synergy with sand offense because of the ability to burn and whittle skarmory to the point that exca will break through it or garde will itself. There are some negatives though as scizor and other steel types are not too threatening to this team considering you have keldeo+the sand offense core to reliably smack pretty much every steel type in the tier. While crippling rachi or spdef zong is great for garde it does not by any means remove them and again they aren't too hard for the rest of the team to deal with at all. A big thing is that with wisp chansey walls garde making it's matchup against stall a bit less effective than usual. Also you did mention the weakness to spdef talon so the common balance cores of talon+skarm can make for some tricky plays between wisping or psyshocking since giving a free switch in for talon can be detrimental to your team in certain matchups where hippo can not afford to be burned. Calm mind allows garde to smash stall very hard and threaten pretty much any one of these switch-ins after some prior damage as a +1 focus blast does an solid amount to zong and rachi and spdef talon has a 62.5% chance of being OHKO'd by psyshock as brave bird will not kill. Hilariously enough a +1 psyshock 2hkos chansey so your matchup against stall is massively improved. This decision is really up to you whether you want to increase your matchup against stall or balance/bulky offensive teams by choosing the move for each respectively(wisp for balance/BO, cm for stall and I guess a different kind of utility against balance).

Due to the weakness to talon I'm going to have to suggest stone edge over rock slide. Despite the accuracy this change is necessary due to the commonness of this threat and how it can easily remove a key part to your core. Here's some calcs to show my point without writing another essay.
0 Atk burned Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 210-248 (58.4 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk burned Hippowdon Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 158-188 (44 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
EQ on the roost- 0 Atk burned Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 157-186 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

The rock slide damage relies on some high roles or crits to eventually whittle talon down until it's KO'd. This is also assuming you hit every one of them too :/. Stone edge will reliably beat talon 100% of the time if it lands and gives it no wiggle room to potentially stall out hippo and plague your team more than it already does.

Other than those two changes the team is very good! I'm considering stealing it actually so if I do I'l get back to you with any edits I may have made :]
Thanks for the rating bro, i honestly thought calm mind was shit for Gardevoir-Mega, but if you tell me it can 2HKO chansey after 1 setup... I must think for it, i'm pretty uncertain now. I will also change rock slide in favour of stone edge :)
Team Pokepals, Reymedy, and Jimbon gave me some expert advice on Team Rating, so I hope it pays off.

Hey, thats a solid team you have there. Minor Suggestion but can you make an importable with the Hide Commands, this is so others can try it out. Also where is your Talonflame? I can't really rate this properly without know its moveset, I'm guessing its Sp.Def Talonflame as you said on your Team Building section. I'll rate the team anyway for now. Your team has a major weakness to water types such as Azumarill, and Manaphy as it can easily sweep your team as you don't have much to counter them. Also Rotom-W looks like a pain to deal with as it walls more than half your team and only Mega Gardevoir and Latias can deal with it. I'm going to suggest Celebi over Latias to deal with your weaknesses, as it can deal with Rotom-W as it has Natural Cure which heals Status Conditions when it switches out. The bad part changing it to Celebi this is that makes your more Charizard Y weak but I think Hippowdon and your Sp. Def Talon can deal with a few of its hits, and it also loses your defogger making Excadrill run Rapid Spin. With Celebi it can use Nasty Plot then Baton Pass into Mega Gardevoir letting it potentially sweep or go into Keldeo letting it clean the rest of the battle. Nothing to major but with Celebi it makes a G/F/W Core with Keldeo and Talon.
If you did change Latias to Celebi I would run Rapid Spin over Swords Dance to remove field hazards which helps Talonflame safely come in.
I agree with Mur on Stone Edge over Rock Slide as it does more damage, the bad part about is that is has lower accuarcy. I hoped I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
I just added an importable and the tflame set, sorry for them :'( . Anyway Manaphy and Azumarill are serious threat to this team but I'm not weak to rotom-w lol, as you said before i have garde and tias for him and i think it's enough, I never had problems with it. Use baton pass to give megagarde a +2 Sp.Atk Boost surely is a great thing, but sd exca really saved my ass lots of time, so I think i'm not going to use celebi, thanks anyway for the rate :)
Hey man, I really like this team and the use of some of the best wall breakers in the game (Mega Gardevior, SD excadrill and Keldeo). With this said, I have noticed some fatal flaws in your team that prevents it from breaking certain teams and cores, which literally mean that you can lose from team preview if your opponent is not mentally handicapped. This is cool though, cause I'm to give you a hand and fix some shit up and hopefully take your team to the next level. Ok, enough chit-chat lets get to the juicy shit!

The very first thing I noticed about your team is how completely fucked over it gets by SpD Skarmory + most Keldeo check (Starmie,Tentacruel, Azumaril etc), which are really common in the tier. SpD Skarmory walls gardevoir as none of its move can 2hko it and it can retaliate with an Iron Head or start stacking Spikes. Hippowdon can't touch Skarmory and is just free layers of spikes. Excadrill can't do anything without boosts which means its also just free spikes and can be whirlwinded out once it has gotten to plus 2. Latias can't do anything, which like we've said before, equals free spikes. Taloflame can't 2hko Tentacruel or Bulky Starmie, and will just cop scalds forcing you to constantly roost. Finally, Keldeo is hard walled by both these two, as a scarf hidden power electric wont 2hko Bulky Starmie and Tentacruel. So if it isn't obvious already that your team can be entirely shut down by this core, you should now and is why I have a handful of changes I believe you should make here:

• Change 1, Modest > Timid on Keldeo, as this allows you to have a 78.5% chance to 2hko Bulky Starmie, which is huge and will allow you to take care of this threat a lot quicker. It also does a significant amount more to Tentacruel.

• Change 2, Taunt > Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind , as this means that Skarmory can not roost off the damage taken from a move on the switch in and if he doesn't have Iron Head, your certain to beat him. It also helps verses fat stuff like Chansey and allows you to beat them presuming you've taken no prior damage.

• Change 3, Three Attack Latios > Latias, the three moves being Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor and psyshock. This allows for a final measure against this previously mentioned cores, as they are completely destroyed by this set. If you fear that your losing a reliable switch into Keldeo as you no longer have Roost, you can run Rapid Spin > Swords dance on Excadrill and the run Roost > Defog, as at this point you would already have 3 really strong wall breakers. You could also run this three attacking set with Latias > Latios if you wanted more bulk and did decide to go with the Recover option.
Any way, this is everything me and my extremely exhausted brain can handle to contribute at this moment in time, but I will come back and add more inputs if I do feel like I missed out on anything. With this said, I hope you enjoyed my rate and were able to get something out of it! I wish you the best with your team in the future as well!
Change 1: I agree on that, ModestScarfDeo still can outspeed lots of pokèmon and an increase of its firepower doesn't hurt. Thanks!
Change 2: Taunt, WoW, and Calm Mind: they' re all good and useful moves that help my team with different playstyles, this is another point where i must reflect.
Change 3: I appreciate this, i should really try it 'cause it looks a very cool set, but can i ask one thing? What does Psyshock + Thunderbolt need for? I mean, Thunderbolt hits starmie,keldeo, and tentacruel pretty hard, conkeldurr lost usage, i can handle venu with Sp.Def talo, and breloom is fucked by dmeteor. Considering the other 5 mons i have i don't think i need both of them, so Thunderbolt>Psyshock could be a nice fix :|
I'm gonna update sets as soon as i can.

Last edited:
Change 3: I appreciate this, i should really try it 'cause it looks a very cool set, but can i ask one thing? What does Psyshock + Thunderbolt need for? I mean, Thunderbolt hits starmie,keldeo, and tentacruel pretty hard, conkeldurr lost usage, i can handle venu with Sp.Def talo, and breloom is fucked by dmeteor. Considering the other 5 mons i have i don't think i need both of them, so Thunderbolt>Psyshock could be a nice fix :|
I'm gonna update sets as soon as i can.
Psyshock is just really nice in general even if you think you already have a handle for things like Conkeldure or Mega Venusaur, as it just allows for a back up answer for these mons and relieves some of the pressure placed upon your other mons. it also helps verses a bunch of other things like, fairy types including Mega Diancie, Clefable and Mega Altaria, secures kills without having to get drops from Draco Meteor verses things like Breloom, Helps verses fat fighting types like Mega Heracross who have a low chance to be killed with Draco and finally it helps with mons that are Calm Mind boosted or are generally invested in more SpD than Def. These are just a few reasons that make it pretty nice to have on a set like this. In saying this, Thunderbolt+Draco could work nicely, especially with your teams particular build, as it really could just appreciates the support given by these two coverage options.

Hey, that's a pretty interesting bulky offense team you have there, i really like how you paired a strong offensive core with a decent defensive backbone, i've not many change for you as your team seems to be pretty well but i can give you an advice that could be greatly liked.

• As i said before you're playing a bulky offense team which is for me one of the best playstyle you can find in this gen, however you got some weakness that shouldn't be there while playing that kind of team, indeed some threats such as Azumarill, Manaphy can give you a lot of troubles here as they can find a way to set up pretty easily and then sweep, that's why i'd suggest to swap Talonflame with Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is a solid add to your team as it can fix most of your weakness, with theorymoning you can see that Ferrothorn can help the team way better than Talonflame, it allows you to have better matchup against Special water + Pursuiter (Keldeo, Rotom-W, Manaphy) but also against fairy such as Diancie and Azumarill. However that change makes you weaker to Charizard-Y but your team can play around it. Plus Ferrothorn also make you safer against Specially Defensive Gliscor and CM Suicune.
  • With the add of Ferrothorn i can feel a little Scizor weakness assuming you may lure it with Will O Wisp Gardevoir, bulky variant can easily take advantage of Keldeo as it can root for roost spam until Hydropump miss, and scald still has to burn, that's why i'd suggest Choice Spec over Choice Scarf on Keldeo, it allows you to hit scizor as hard as possible so you can prevent it from being a threat. You can also put Hidden Power Flying instead of Electric as Starmie and Azumarill are no longer threats with Ferrothorn, and Venusaur might be annoying. Then i don't see the point of using Choice Scarf since your team doesn't lack speed especially if you're running Excadrill as a revenge killer.
  • Last, i'd suggest to use Timid instead of Modest nature on Gardevoir regarding how Charizard-Y can be a threat as they are all running with a pursuiter around, so being able to at least tie with this and limit its switch in would be very good, then you got Keldeo and Excadrill as solid stallbreaker so you're definitly not lacking of offensive pressure.
I hope i helped and good luck with your team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave
- Protect / Knock Off
- Power Whip

Last edited:

Pendulum Swing

It's yours.
Hey, that's a pretty interesting bulky offense team you have there, i really like how you paired a strong offensive core with a decent defensive backbone, i've not many change for you as your team seems to be pretty well but i can give you an advice that could be greatly liked.

• As i said before you're playing a bulky offense team which is for me one of the best playstyle you can find in this gen, however you got some weakness that shouldn't be there while playing that kind of team, indeed some threats such as Azumarill, Manaphy can give you a lot of troubles here as they can find a way to set up pretty easily and then sweep, that's why i'd suggest to swap Talonflame with Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn is a solid add to your team as it can fix most of your weakness, with theorymoning you can see that Ferrothorn can help the team way better than Talonflame, it allows you to have better matchup against Special water + Pursuiter (Keldeo, Rotom-W, Manaphy) but also against fairy such as Diancie and Azumarill. However that change makes you weaker to Charizard-Y but your team can play around it. Plus Ferrothorn also make you safer against Specially Defensive Gliscor and CM Suicune.
  • With the add of Ferrothorn i can feel a little Scizor weakness assuming you may lure it with Will O Wisp Gardevoir, bulky variant can easily take advantage of Keldeo as it can root for roost spam until Hydropump miss, and scald still has to burn, that's why i'd suggest Choice Spec over Choice Scarf on Keldeo, it allows you to hit scizor as hard as possible so you can prevent it from being a threat. You can also put Hidden Power Flying instead of Electric as Starmie and Azumarill are no longer threats with Ferrothorn, and Venusaur might be annoying. Then i don't see the point of using Choice Scarf since your team doesn't lack speed especially if you're running Excadrill as a revenge killer.
  • Last, i'd suggest to use Timid instead of Modest nature on Gardevoir regarding how Charizard-Y can be a threat as they are all running with a pursuiter around, so being able to at least tie with this and limit its switch in would be very good, then you got Keldeo and Excadrill as solid stallbreaker so you're definitly not lacking of offensive pressure.
I hope i helped and good luck with your team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave
- Protect / Knock Off
- Power Whip
Thanks for the rate :)
Don't hate me lol , but I think I'm not going to apply none of your fixes, and I will explain you why:
- Ferrothorn and choice specs Keldeo: Ferrothorn surely can handle well Azumarill, but it's not great against Manaphy: ( I'm writing this by phone and I don't have a calc right now) I'm sure Thorn doesn't like +3 ice beam or hp fire, so my team is still weak against manaphy. Also adding choice specs deo means obtaining an enormous weakness to punny , meta (scarfdeo doesn't revengekill metagross, but an hpump isn't a bad thing) and scizor (Superpower fucks keldeo ), considering that hippo couldn't be enough. And what if punny runs PoP and sand is down? GG. Is a weakness to gross,punny and zor better than a weakness to azu in this gen ? I honestly don't think so bro :]
About garde-mega: ZardY is a fantastic wallbreaker, but it' s very uncommon and I have different ways to get rid of him (not only tias, Sp.def talo can spam roost on Zard's Fireblast). Timid>Modest is a big waste of damage imho, expecially in this team.

You're watching way too much on paper, your team is definitly not weak to lopunny as you got hippowdon + Excadrill to revenge kill him, (i don't even talk about Metagross because i litterally don't understand why he's a threat for you), then for manaphy if it has hp fire it doesnt have ice beam for latias so who cares ?_? And again, you're playing will o wisp Gardevoir, Excadrill LO and coupled with keldeo, how can you be that Scizor weak too, sorry if i seems harsh here, but i really don't get what you're saying here. Gardevoir is optional but you're totally wrong when you're saying he's wasting damage.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man i've see a couple suggestions above and notice that u dont wanna make changes in terms of Pokes, your team struggle a lot against Water types bulky or offensives both ways give a lot of issue specially when ur only water switch in is Latias, cuz every single common water threat Keldeo like Rotom, Starmie, Manaphy, Azu; this last is a huge threat for ur team literally 6-0'ed ur team u lack of switch ins. Another annoying mon for ur team is Torn-T but i dont found it a threat cuz talon + sand deal with this. As leftiez said Ferro could be a great option helping u against bulky water types and backup check for fairies, but u definitely need Specs Keldeo > Scarf, Scizor could get really annoying because can set up on 4/6 mons but with Specs Keldeo u gotta pray to hit hydropump or fish for scald burn and then revenge it with LO Exca or Talon. Also having sand u already have a speed control so scarf isnt needed after all the fastest threat in the common metagama are checked by Hippo and Talon like MegaMan, Bee, Lopu, Aero, Sceptile.
  • As u dont wanna add Ferro to the squad i'd suggest a more offensive spread on Talon for revenge those bulky waters that give some trouble to ur team, and with this spread still u deal with some offensive threats like Torn, Scizor or ZardY.
Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
- Roost

You can go more speedy and Jolly nature but u need bulk for take on ZardY and Torn, ill leave some calc for reference
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 130-154 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 109-129 (29.8 - 35.3%)
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame in Sun: 156-184 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 135-160 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
248+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 157-186 (43 - 50.9%)
248+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 189-223 (47.1 - 55.6%)
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 202-238 (56.2 - 66.2%)
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame in Sun: 233-275 (64.9 - 76.6%) As u see the power is real and still got some bulk + priority roost
Hope i help u man and gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)