GSC GSC OU Summer Seasonal #2: Round 1

Out of all the matches, a majority (17/32) have not been played, well over a day past the deadline. I do not feel comfortable giving activity decisions/flips to this many matches, so I am giving a general, one-week extension, meaning the new deadline is Thursday, August 27 at 8 PM EDT/UTC-4. Take this as a fresh start to scheduling (as in, schedule as if it was a new match). If you or your opponent gave the win, or missed any number of scheduled times, or any other aberrations, that is all reset. I will tag all the unplayed matches below. As always, remember to post how many games you win in in your winposts.

TSR v. Luirromen
Staxi v. Radli
Quartosa v. RahelGamer03
Rubyblood v. TC
Diophantine v. Pohjis
kael v. Revulsion
Drogba In Shenhua v. Huston
Kenix v. Gera Mo Compassa
Marshall.Law v. Frrf
MajorJet v. rdar
Haru v. Spl4sh
Makkususu v. Lord Thorx
D4 Repertoire v. No man's hax
Yves Stone v. zugubu royale
Bomber. v. mc56556
SOMALIA v. iKiQ
Shakur v. Hockey1

Last edited:

D4 Repertoire

goin' fast
is a Tiering Contributor
I vehemently disagree with the decision to extend the deadline for all unplayed games. People who were already given the win by their opponent should not have that reversed, and opponents who have not even logged into Smogon in the past week should not have the tournament delayed to cater to them.

This is not the case of an unforeseen real-life event interfering with a scheduled time for one match in a late round where both players actively communicate with the TD to get an extension; this is delaying a tournament to hope that players who have made no contact and/or do not want to play will suddenly play the next week.

This is punishes players who have actually been active in the tournament (by completing games or actually contacting their opponents) and rewards the ones who are holding up the tournament in the first place.

I hope that in later rounds and future tournaments, this situation will be handled differently.

Out of all the matches, a majority (17/32) have not been played, well over a day past the deadline. I do not feel comfortable giving activity decisions/flips to this many matches, so I am giving a general, one-week (from the original deadline) extension, meaning the new deadline is Wednesday, August 26 at 4 PM EDT/UTC-4. Take this as a fresh start to scheduling (as in, schedule as if it was a new match). If you or your opponent gave the win, or missed any number of scheduled times, or any other aberrations, that is all reset. I will tag all the unplayed matches below. As always, remember to post how many games you win in in your winposts.

TSR v. Luirromen
Staxi v. Radli
Quartosa v. RahelGamer03
Rubyblood v. TC
Diophantine v. Pohjis
kael v. Revulsion
Marshall.Law v. Frrf
MajorJet v. rdar
Haru v. Spl4sh
Makkususu v. Lord Thorx
Bomber. v. mc56556
SOMALIA v. iKiQ
Shakur v. Hockey1
I already posted that Marshall gave me the win the reason being he doesn't have time to play

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I hope that in later rounds and future tournaments, this situation will be handled differently.
Looking at the date the round started, it seems generally too short for a Round 1. I would expect it to go up until the weekend originally. I think you could argue between that and the fact that the host probably wasn't expecting to make that many decisions, there could be some sort of delay. Someone's got to do that job if the host can't. With the delay, the more the games are played, the hopefully truer reflection of skill and the bigger the tournament will effectively be.

I would say a week can't be explained so easily though. It looks like there were only enough subs to fill in byes to me, so the host should expect some additional matches unplayed, on top of like generally the 25% or whatever that don't get played in R1 (I'm not an expert on GSC seasonals if they even do follow a pattern).

Given wins are not always accepted. The most common case being that substitutes can replace them (maybe you weren't arguing against this) at a contact deadline. They also introduce some bias since they probably aren't given at random, and could favour certain people. This latter thing is admittedly hard to deal with from a hosting perspective.

Out of all the matches, a majority (17/32) have not been played, well over a day past the deadline. I do not feel comfortable giving activity decisions/flips to this many matches, so I am giving a general, one-week (from the original deadline) extension, meaning the new deadline is Wednesday, August 26 at 4 PM EDT/UTC-4. Take this as a fresh start to scheduling (as in, schedule as if it was a new match). If you or your opponent gave the win, or missed any number of scheduled times, or any other aberrations, that is all reset. I will tag all the unplayed matches below. As always, remember to post how many games you win in in your winposts.

TSR v. Luirromen
Staxi v. Radli
Quartosa v. RahelGamer03
Rubyblood v. TC
Diophantine v. Pohjis
kael v. Revulsion
Marshall.Law v. Frrf
MajorJet v. rdar
Haru v. Spl4sh
Makkususu v. Lord Thorx
Bomber. v. mc56556
SOMALIA v. iKiQ
Shakur v. Hockey1
I contacted my oppo but he doesn't reply me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)