Old Gens [GSC OU] Tyranitar

tyranitar.gif.m.1523036372.gif
20AAAE2B-BEB9-4E91-B2D5-01BB50C965DE.png

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
- Rock Slide
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Roar / Pursuit

Tyranitar possesses key role compression that makes it a fantastic Pokemon in GSC OU. This set uses the slightly unusual Surf, which is useful for catching the Ground-types of the tier off guard, notably having a good chance to OHKO Golem and Rhydon and 3HKOing Marowak, while still retaining its usual roles as a Pursuit trapper and Normal-resistant phazer alongside a check key metagame threats such as Jynx, Snorlax, and Exeggutor. Rock Slide is Tyranitar’s main STAB move and hits Pokemon such as Zapdos and Charizard. Fire Blast hits Steel-types such as Skarmory and Forretress hard while also being useful for Exeggutor that might try to stay in on a predicted Pursuit. Roar is useful for phazing setup sweepers such as Curse Snorlax, but if paired with a Pokemon that struggles heavily with Ghost-types, such as CurseRestTalk Snorlax, Pursuit is an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the purpose of Facebook Spotlights to provide a general overview of a pokemon's main set or to showcase any set that is very viable in the current metagame?

This spotlight post should focus on the fact that Tyranitar is running Surf, since it is still sort of non-standard (arguably). I think you should introduce the Tyranitar as being different due to Surf and then proceed to explain how it still fulfils most of its normal roles such as compressing roles of Pokemon that resists Normal and Phazer or Pursuit Trapper.

I would remove "Rock Slide is mandatory", don't think it's technically mandatory. Although it is the best option for this set.

I would mention that Surf is useful for catching Golem off-guard as opposed to just being useful.

Apart from that I think this is sufficient for a FB spotlight.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
implemented this myself to give translations the jumpstart
add remove (comments)
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
- Rock Slide
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Roar / Pursuit

Tyranitar possesses key role compression that makes it a fantastic Pokemon in GSC OU. This Tyranitar set uses the slightly unusual Surf, is which is useful for catching the Ground-types of the tier off-guard (RH), notably having a good chance to OHKO Golem and Rhydon while also and 3HKOing Marowak, while still retaining its usual roles as a Pursuit trapper and Normal-resistance phaser Normal-resistant phazer alongside checking a check key metagame threats such as Jynx, Snorlax, and Exeggutor. Rock Slide is Tyranitar’s main source of STAB move and hits Pokemon such as Zapdos and Charizard. Fire Blast hits Steel-types such as Skarmory and Forretress hard, (RC) while also being useful for Exeggutor that might try to stay in on a predicted Pursuit. Roar is useful for phazing setup sweepers such as Curse Snorlax, but alternately if paired with a Pokemon that struggles heavily with Ghost-types, (AC) such as CurseRestTalk Snorlax, Pursuit is an option.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)