dead on arrival
art by Blazenix
GSC OU Winter Seasonal #5
- This is a standard GSC OU tournament
- This tournament will be Double Elimination
- Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
- Replays will not be required until Top 16.
- Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a Tournament Director. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
- In the event that something is added to or removed from the GSC OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
- Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing up with more than one account
- Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what plays to make)
- Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for Smogon likes)
- Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
- Freeze Clause Mod: If a player has already frozen an opposing Pokémon using a freeze-inducing move and that Pokémon is still frozen due to that freeze-inducing move, the player cannot freeze another opposing Pokémon with a freeze-inducing move.
- Sleep Clause Mod: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep-inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep-inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep-inducing move.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokédex number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
- Cleric Clause: Pokémon must be at full health and without status conditions at the start of battle.
- SleepTrap Clause: Having a sleep-inducing move and Mean Look or Spider Web on the same moveset is not allowed.
- TrapPass Clause: A Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass alongside the moves Mean Look or Spider Web in its moveset.
What are we playing for?
This tournament will award points towards the 2023 GSC OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit.
GSC OU Resources can be found here. GSC OU Sample Teams can be found here. The general GSC Forum can be found here.
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines can be found here. Scheduling Guide can be found here. Activity Win guidelines can be found here.
Thepatatedouce vs Leru
Iguana vs Vileman
Lazuli vs GLFGno7
Rubyblood vs Pideous
XelloW vs Siatam
TLTK vs Medeia
vani vs Thor
Gekokeso vs Zokuru
Bomber. vs Amir
mael vs EarthTraveler413
Nael222 vs robjr
skimmythegod vs Sheik :
Surfy vs gorex
cherryb0ng vs Lhions
RealJester vs Chiles Habaneros
MrSoup vs melancholy0
The extension deadline is Wednesday, March 15th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.
The deadline to get your matches done is Sunday March 19th at 11:59 PM GMT-5