The GSC UUBL tournament returns for its 3rd iteration! GSC UUBL has continued to develop in the time since the previous tournament, leading to innovations such as Curse + Roar Kangaskhan, Thunder Porygon2, and Thunderbolt + Toxic Ampharos that have been making waves in the metagame. What new strategies and structures will we see rise to the top this time? I can't wait to see!
- GSC UUBL Discord: https://discord.gg/uTXEqDeGR3
- GSC UUBL Discussion thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-bl-discussion.3662389/
- GSC UUBL Speed Tiers: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-bl-discussion.3662389/post-9350450
- https://pokepast.es/4b84da4d494baf3c - Double Curse + Zard
- https://pokepast.es/a09d0a170c7ad3b2 - RestTalk Toxic Ampharos
- https://pokepast.es/2e42c85c14e78506 - GSC UUBL Big 5 + Kingdra
- https://pokepast.es/4fd7317b6520cca3 - Stall
- https://pokepast.es/666a3fc4ae128942 - RD Lapras + Growth Spam
- https://pokepast.es/35b36526c3ce91c5 - Chansey Offense
- https://pokepast.es/4698f215707a541b - SD Pass Dragonite + Triple Poison
- Freeze Clause: If a player has already frozen an opposing Pokémon using a freeze-inducing move and that Pokémon is still frozen due to that freeze inducing move, the player cannot freeze another opposing Pokémon with a freeze-inducing move.
- Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep-inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep-inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep-inducing move.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokédex number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
- Cleric Clause: Pokémon must be at full health and without status conditions at the start of battle.
- SleepTrap Clause: Having a sleep-inducing move and Mean Look or Spider Web on the same moveset is not allowed.
- The tournament will begin on Monday, May 1st, 2023.
- All GSC UUBL Pokemon and lower are legal for use in this tournament.
- Games should be played in the [Gen 2] OU format.
- The format of the tournament will be Double Elimination, Best of Three.
- Each round will last one week.
- Replays are mandatory and must be posted by the winner to this thread.
- Extensions may be requested at any point during the week, but must be agreed to by both players.
- An extension will extend the period in which a game can be played by up to 3 days.
- After the extension period ends, if a game has not been completed, the winner will be decided via coinflip.
- The beginning of the next round will not be delayed in case of extension; the player who wins the extended match will simply join into the next round later.
Sign up by posting "in" in this thread. Sign-ups will end on Sunday, April 30th, 2023 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4.