Guardians of Middle Earth (#guardians)

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Guardians of Middle-Earth

Official Site

Prices
Full Game (Xbox 360): 1200 Xbox Points
Season Pass (Xbox 360): 1200 Xbox Points
Full Game + Season Pass (PS3): $29.99

Description
GoME is a console MOBA game, much like League of Legends for PC. Currently it has 22 Characters from the expansive world of Middle Earth with just the Full Game, and 7 more to be released with the Season pass. Each character is one of 5 classes (Tactician, Enchanter, Warrior, Defender, Striker). In addition to this, each character has it's own unique stats, movepools, and playstyles to experiment with. There are two fields, one lane and three lane.

Season Pass Characters
Released Friday, December 14, 2012.

Bilbo Baggins - Striker - Good
Bert - Tactician - Evil

Released Wednesday, December 19th, 2012

Thorin Oakenshield - Warrior - Good
Great Goblin - Defender - Evil

Featured this week
Like LoL, there are weekly Guardians that will be featured. This means that they will be free to play for everyone. This weeks featured Guardians are:

Nori - Tactician - Good
Felgrom - Tactician - Evil
Lugbol - Enchanter - Evil
Eowyn - Defender - Good
Gollum - Striker - Evil
Arathorn - Warrior - Good

Challenges
CHALLENGE ALERT: THREE-HEADED MONSTER
Participate in our latest Challenge by winning the most rounds in 3-lane matches! The winner with the most total wins will walk away with +20,000 Gold and 4 Mithril items, added directly to their profile. Challenge runs from December 21,2012 at 12:01 AM to December 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM Pacific. More information is available at GuardiansofMiddleearth.com!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
@Minwu:

I think the idea is to keep it on the console to make it as gimicky of a MOBA as possible while still retaining that "MOBA on the console that's different" feel.

:o

Bought this today, it's really fun. I haven't tried out all of the characters yet but I enjoy the ones I have tried out. It's a pretty simple game to pick up but the matches are pretty challenging given that it's multiplayer and playing 1 lane 5 on 5 is really intense. Would definitely love it if more of you guys got this so we'd have more people to play with :D

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe that the game can be bought for $15 on PSN, but the game (as far as I know) can only be bought with the season pass if you buy it in a store.

This game seems a hot mess to me. Can't really make out what is going on in 5v5 because everything is green and brown. The minimap and status icons are microscopic in 1080p on my 42" tv. Demo was enough for me to decide it isn't worth it. Shame, some of the concepts seem really cool like the loadout system. And of course the characters seem cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)