SM OU Gucci Gang

Hello guys, this is my first Rate My Team and im showcasing one of my favorite teams to use in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
My name is Lil Ske, and I am a fairly new player and I have been playing competitive pokemon since around late oras. ive been playing around on the ladder and playing friends alot, but I really like building teams more. Building teams is really hard in USM, with all of these offensive threats and centralizing pokemon such as Hawlucha and Toxapex. I wasn't nowhere near good when I first started, but I feel like I have become much better especially at building. Ok, I have rambled on enough lets get onto the team. :)

I wanna give a shout out to Mega Flexagross, who I got the idea of the Banded Tyranitar & SD Mega Scizor core from, Also this team looks similar to a team he made in SM.

:TEAM BREAKDOWN:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 24 Atk / 184 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Lando is my scarfer and my glue to this team. The utility lando provides is insane, It can be a deffoger, rocker, breaker ect,
This team however uses scarf Lando. the spread I gave it helps vs Zygarde, and it helps it take physical hits better overall.
U turn is nice because it brings in bulky grasses such as AV Bulu and Tangrowth, this allows me to bring in my Mega Scizor or Firium-Z Heatran and pivot with U-turn or break massive holes in the opponnets team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tyranitar is one of the most important mons on this team. It is a amazing wallbreaker that pairs very well with SD
Mega Scizor. Tyranitar is the main wallbreaker on the team and Mega Scizor's U-turn allows you to bring banded t-tar
in, and do massive damage to anything that dares to come in Tyranitars stab, pursuit trap opposing Heatran to
weaken it for Mega Scizor late game, or to just destroy heatran that decide to stay in with a banded superpower. I run superpower Tyranitar over
the more common fire punch or earthquake to threaten chansey (they always stay in) more, while also doing more
damage to Heatran than stone edge or earthquake under terrain.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 36 Def / 72 SpD / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Tapu Bulu is a amazing water, electric, and dark resist. This mon is a much needed ash greninja check and koko switch in.
Tapu Bulu brings in the terrain, supporting mons such as Tyranitar and Heatran, Allowing them to break stall
and bust through balances much easier. SD Mega Scizor + grassy terrain is also really neat, allowing it to set up even
easier, stone edge is over natures madness on the last slot to bop unaware Volcarona but this slot can be easily
be changed back to natures madness if you're not really that bothered by Volcarona.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Mega Scizor is the teams mega and main win condition. SD Mega Scizor is here to check non hp fire or Fightinium-Z
Magearna, while setting up and sweeping teams late game. U-turn over knock off is preferred, to help pivot and
complete the volt-turn combination. Banded Tyranitar + SD Mega Scizor is a really classic and solid core and Mega
Scizor provides U-turn utility, synergy while being one of the best set up sweepers in the OU tier.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heatran is the best fire type in USM OU rn and for good reason. Heatran is one of the few solid fire types in the tier, having
an amazing 9 resists and a immunity heatran is a very solid mon on this team. being a Mega Scizor check and a amazing
breaker Firium-Z burns through Defensive cores with ease. With help of grassy terrain from Tapu Bulu u can eat a earthquake
from a Gliscor -- 0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Grassy Terrain: 196-232 (60.6 - 71.8%) -- and do thIs
252 SpA Heatran Inferno Overdrive (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 152 SpD Gliscor: 310-366 (88 - 103.9%) --
guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This mon is so good. Shuca berry koko is its best set rn imo and it pretty much allows you to pivot on everything freely.
U don't really have to worry about common ground types because with the shuca berry u don't have to worry about them ohkoing
u back, allowing u to 1v1 them. Shuca koko and tyranitar actually go surprising well together, having koko get
rid of mons like lando and zygarde is very helpful to Tyranitar. removing common rock resists lets tyranitar spam
stone edge freely, doing massive damage to the opponents team.

:THREATS:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

This mon is so annoying, when u see this thing always lead with something that threatens it such as lando or koko.
Chipping it is VERY important, u need to put it in range of landos eq and kokos t bolt, putting it in range of
Mega Scizors BP is even better, remember AV Tapu Bulu can check it decently well when medicham is -1.
Remember to play around it and don't sack lando, bulu, or koko unless u need to.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

While it may not seem like it at first because I have AV Tapu Bulu, but water types such as Ash Greninja are a big threat if
Tapu Bulu gets weakened. This is especially true for rain, powerful rain abusers such as Specs Kingdra and Mega Swampert
can overwhelm Tapu Bulu if you are not too careful. try not to throw bulu into everything, when facing rain try to always put Tapu Bulu in position
where it isn't too overwhelmed by Mega Swampert or other rain abusers.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

SD Fightinium-Z or Grassium-Z is a pain for a lot of teams and its no different for this one. Again make sure u chip it
and put it in range of kokos t bolt or landos eq. If you're really that worried about this mon you can change lando to
hp fire at the cost of the matchup vs ground types such as Zygarde and Landorus.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Ground

While very uncommon Buginium-Z Volcorona is seen sometimes, while Psychium-Z is much more prevalent because pex is OU,
if u face this exact set without edge on your AV Tapu Bulu to lure it out just click X lol.

:THE TEAM:
http://pokepast.es/5fe2f66ecfe859aa
Shoutouts to Draco & Den
Have Fun :]​

Last edited:
Hey, solid team. Besides the threats you brought up such as M-Medicham and Z Move Kartana, which are right, I also feel like that you rely too much on Bulu to check Ground-Types such as Lando-T and Zygarde, because you cannot risk that Bulu vs these Pokemon since it's your only answer to Water-Types such as Ash-Greninja. Anyway, I just have one major change to make, that I think could somewhat improve the team.

Major Change

>
As you said, M-Medicham is a pain to deal with, and I also said that it would be cool if you have a second thing able to take on Ground-Types. That's why I'd suggest running Mew over Tapu Koko. This change provides you a solid check to M-Medicham, and a reliable check to Zygarde and Lando-T, too. Standard set here, however for the last slot you have two options. You can either run EQ (over Defog/SR) to not let Heatran and Magearna coming for free or you can run Defog which frees a slot of Lando-T's moveset, allowing you to run something like Stone Edge for M-Pinsir for example.

Minor Changes

Now that you have Mew to deal with all variantes of Zygarde, including Sub DD Coil, I'd consider running HP Fire over HP Ice. You basically deal with other Lando-Ts pretty well and HP Fire lets you pressure opposite Kartanas and M-Scizors better.

Notifed you run both Superpower and Stone edge, which isn't worth imo. I'd run Nature's Madness over Superpower since it's a great move in general on AV Bulu capable of weakening things like AV Magearna, Celesteela, etc.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 24 Atk / 184 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 36 Def / 72 SpD / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Stone Edge

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Earthquake / Defog

That's all, short rate but I just wanted to give you these suggestions. However, I didn't resolve the Volcarona problem, but I don't really see a way to definitely counter it, and well every team has its own weaknesses. Good luck too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)