Guitar Hero General Discussion

With the craze that is Guitar Hero, I'd figure it'd be nice to have a topic to discuss past, present and future in the phenomenon that it has become.

Currently, we're waiting on the arrival of the fourth installment, Guitar Hero World Tour. Unlike all of the previous installments in the series, Guitar Hero World Tour will be using a band interface similar to Rock Band.

The drums, as seen in the picture above, will be using a strength to sound system when played. As you hit harder, the notes on the game will also sound louder. As you can see, there will be 3 drum pads as well as 2 cymbal pads.

The game will also feature extensive Create-a-Character and Create-a-Guitar modes, similar to Tony Hawk. A Custom song feature will also be feature in the game, with a similar concept to Garage Band.

A rumored set list has been leaked, and can be found bellow. As you can see, this will easily be the largest game. It is also the first game to have DLC, Download able content for Wii in the Guitar Hero series.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944201&topic=44748496

The Guitar Hero series is also making installments with only one band featured. Guitar Hero Aerosmith was recently released, and Guitar Hero Metallica has been rumored for release next spring.

With a game like this, a competitive score aspect is obviously present. This topic could potentially offer assistance to those searching for high scores, FCs (full combo) or completing a song.

The real question, however, is quite simple. Is there a Guitar Hero in you?

(here are some links that are potentially useful)

http://www.scorehero.com/ - largest cross console database of scores

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_(series) - pretty much any other information you'd need

Scorehero Smogon Users -

moi - http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=244264&group=4&game=8&diff=4
JabbaTheGriffin - http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=281432&group=4&game=5&diff=4

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man I can't wait for World Tour to come out (even if I think the supposed setlist is a tad...lacking).

Figure I'll list what songs I'm looking forward to most:
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Dream Theater - Pull me Under (oh god this would be amazing)
Tool - Schism
Van Halen - Hot for Teacher

Yeah...not exactly what I'd call loaded :/ Hopefully the songs I don't know at least play well. In GH3 I can only really bring myself to play Impulse, The Metal, Cult of Personality or Cliffs of Dover since most of the songs really aren't too fun to play.

Also currently sporting a shiny 12 FCs in GH3:
Closer
Metal Heavy Lady
When You Were Young
Generation Rock
Sabotage
Mississippi Queen
Radio Song
My Name is Jonas
Slow Ride
Bulls on Parade
Talk Dirty to Me
Can't Be Saved

yeah I'm what you would call a GH addict.
Although, oddly, I'm not terribly amazing at it (considering how much I play). I have around 19 FCs at last count (Jabba's listed ones, as well as Miss Murder, Story of My Life, She Bangs the Drums, Ruby, School's Out, Sunshine of Your Love, and Hit Me with Your Best Shot). I'm also annoyingly close to Paranoid, Cherub Rock and Lay Down.

I'm really pleased at the addition of stuff like Obstacle 1, Today, Lazy Eye, Float On and especially Feel the Pain, which will be very fun to play imo, and even Dream Theater (which should prove difficult at the very least). I'm glad the Wii sports dl'able extras as of GH4, and will probably invest in some of them. The "rock band" direction seems very encouraging, but I hope they maintain the same difficulty level that I play GH for.

ahhhh I love guitar hero, although I'm not really anything special at it. I've beaten every song on expert except Raining Blood and TTFATF, although One took me several months of trying to beat. I think I've only FCed My Name is Jonas and Miss Murder, but I think I could probably do most of the beginning ones if I gave it a try. I almost FCed Pride and Joy once, but I messed up near the end :(

I'm really looking forward to GH4. The set list doesn't really look that fantastic, but the fact that it has that awesome song-maker and that you can download user generated content means there will almost always be some new songs to play, which will be incredible.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im ganna be the drum hero

i think I already have carpal tunnel from playing the guitar parts for so long ;(

My god, I love Guitar Hero. Just currently trying to complete expert mode. Raining Blood has me stumped at the moment, which doesn't make any sense since I got 94% on hard mode... It's the Mosh 1 section that gets me every time.

It's funny one of these threads should come up... I was just 4 notes away from FCing Cliffs Of Dover yesterday. :(

Edit: I also heard that GH4 will include a feature where you can add songs to the game yourself. Has this been confirmed?

yups. And ZI DIE on Raining Blood. Only song i need to advance to lou on. I can currently fc 3 songs Closer(DUH!), Sabatage, and Generation rock. and got a 706 streak on my name is jonas. only missed one note the whole song D:

I play GH3, but I'm fail at it compared to you guys. I can't yet to TTFATF, One or Raining Blood on Hard, and I;ve get to get past Tier 6 on Expert :3

yeah. i can only 3 star ttfaf hard, 4 star one, and 5 star cliffs of dover. i can fc pretty much any easy or medium song sped up on hyperspeed(too slow). When i had beaten TTFAF the first time on hard, i was like. Fuck yeah!

I play GH quite proficiently, and I've 5 starred all the main setlist on GH3 expert. However lately I haven't been playing GH, mostly Rock Band with my friends. I personally find that GH is fun for achieving high scores and such while RB is just fun, regardless of whether or not you suck. It'll be interesting to see how World Tour is when it comes out.

Raining Blood's hardest part is the last section, I can't remember what it's called lol. I can make it past the Mosh 1 and Verse with no problem, usually at Max Green, but if I don't have Star Power at the end I can't pull it off. Mosh 1 isn't that hard for me for some reason, I can FC it

I love GH. I'm really good at it aswell. I play on Expert mode and I pass most of the songs. I can't wait for the next one, it's gonna be great!

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raining Blood's hardest part is the last section, I can't remember what it's called lol. I can make it past the Mosh 1 and Verse with no problem, usually at Max Green, but if I don't have Star Power at the end I can't pull it off. Mosh 1 isn't that hard for me for some reason, I can FC it
i don't get why so many people have problems with flood. it's just an assload of trills which are pretty easy even if you can't tap. i mean they're still somewhat tough, but my bar usually only drops into the yellow by the end of it. mosh 1 on the other hand is a bitch. i just flail my fingers around and hope i get lucky (sometimes i do!)

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher
That is awesome. Van Halen kicks ass. Though I would like to see the proposed set list for GH4.

Rock Band was nice to play due to its great set list, so the 4th Guitar Hero is one I am eagerly awaiting. GH Metallica sounds epic; I love Metallica. If it has The Unforgiven it's an insta-buy.

Might as well get my skills back up; I couldn't finish hard mode 7th set in GH3 (I hate Before I Forget anyway). If anyone cares I'd say I'm in between Hard and Expert, or atleast I was when I played a lot in late 2007.

Wi-Fi means I can play with you guys too :happybrain:

I got the DS version for cheap in america (on holiday) and it's pretty dissapointing :/ Most of the songs suck and you get hand cramps after a few songs...

Aerosmith is tons of fun, nothing really hard except maybe Train Kept a Rollin and Rats in the Cellar, but it's definitely worth playing. I've almost 5* all the songs in the GH3 setlist but I can't seem to beat Lou, he's too annoying.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
Aerosmith is tons of fun, nothing really hard except maybe Train Kept a Rollin and Rats in the Cellar, but it's definitely worth playing. I've almost 5* all the songs in the GH3 setlist but I can't seem to beat Lou, he's too annoying.
Heh me neither. The problem is that Lou gets the first powerup so unless he gets anything but whammy you're basically screwed since you'll probably miss your powerup. So I just pray he keeps getting whammy bars but my prayers haven't been answered yet :/

Oh man, I could see myself posting here a LOT.

Uhh, yeah fellow RB addict who used to play a lot of GH haha.

GH2 was fun, I 5 starred the expert setlist in less than 24 hours (if anyone is familiar with Six by All That Remains, that song is a bitch and a half)

GH3 was actually my first GH game, and I barely play it, but when i do dust off the old les paul controller, i find i can do things I couldn't before (I was able to randomly tap those last trills on the flood, which clock in at 20.3 Notes Per Second (NPS).

Rock Band is definitely the most kickass though if only because of the DLC. For god sakes, this week had Megadeth and Dream Theater. That wins at life. I'm currently at 37 FCs and can get a lot more.

Also Jabba, the main problem with the mosh is you play by the music because the music is horribly misleading on the mosh. If you're starting out each descending quad according to the music, you're really playing along with the bass. Otherwise, the mosh is not that fast, (13.33 NPS), and you can bullshit through it by playing the quads while lightly alt strumming).

Ah, Guitar Hero. When I got bored with pokemon, GH became my new addiction. I've been playing almost everyday since I got it back in January, but I recently started to record my accomplishments and upload them to youtube, as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Silver610 I'd say I'm pretty good; I've 4* both TtFaF and DWDTG and I've learned to tap the TtFaF intro. I can't wait for GH4 though.

I used to play GH III and RB fairly, but since my RB disc got screwed up and the yellow pad on the drums stopped working, I haven't been playing as much. I can beat every song on-disc RB except for GG&HT (aaaa the zig-zags), and I can beat most of the DLC (I have some trouble on some of the hardest songs, i.e. constant motion). As for GH III, I got stuck on Lou on hard mode (I can easily pass the song but I can't get him to fail or the power-ups he gets screw me up). I think I got to tier 6 or something on Expert mode and gave up after a while. I haven't FC'd any songs on GH III expert but I haven't really tried that much (although I doubt I could do very many, probably only the really easy songs like Closer); and I've FC'd a couple songs on RB (and might be able to do a few more).

Ah, Guitar Hero. When I got bored with pokemon, GH became my new addiction. I've been playing almost everyday since I got it back in January, but I recently started to record my accomplishments and upload them to youtube, as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Silver610 I'd say I'm pretty good; I've 4* both TtFaF and DWDTG and I've learned to tap the TtFaF intro. I can't wait for GH4 though.
This is why I play GH/RB, due to my complete boredom of pokemon haha.

Uh, I recorded all my accomplishments here http://www.youtube.com/user/discordRB

^ recorded fc's, solos, my progress on fc'ing ride the lightning and stuff

also I hate TTFAF. I worked on it for two days straight and i still only got to 540K which was 25K from 5 stars. that fucking song is a piss off and a half.

edit:

@ theamericandream38: constant motion is fucked up. that song is insanely difficult to pass, and as of now, will never be fc'ed. the triplets at the end of solo d are charted at 22.67 notes per second and the rest is very gay too.

drums, eh, i played for four days, finished hard, and realized i completely suck and got back to what i can do decently, guitar.

guitar hero is awesome i've been playing it a ton since christmas when i first got gh3.

for anyone who has gh on tour (the ds one) PLAY WITH THE STYLUS not that shitty hand pick they give you. it's a thousand times easier.

world tour is gonna be awesome too i've played rock band drums before they're fun :)

also I'm pretty good but not amazing I have 12 fc's just like jabba only a couple different. and my guitar sucks now and won't even hold down the frets half the time so long notes always cut short and shit like that.

guitar hero is awesome i've been playing it a ton since christmas when i first got gh3.

for anyone who has gh on tour (the ds one) PLAY WITH THE STYLUS not that shitty hand pick they give you. it's a thousand times easier.

world tour is gonna be awesome too i've played rock band drums before they're fun :)

also I'm pretty good but not amazing I have 12 fc's just like jabba only a couple different. and my guitar sucks now and won't even hold down the frets half the time so long notes always cut short and shit like that.
Are you using a Les Paul? Uh, either stick a folded piece of paper inside the neck or superglue the neck to the body and it shouldn't be a problem. Watch a youtube video or something to get the idea.

yeah les paul everyone says the whammys fuck up but mine is fine but the frets have gradually worn out.

and apparently more of the world tour setlist has been released but I still dunno what's official and what's not it's worse than brawl you can't trust any sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)