Guitar Hero General Discussion

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm hearing they really improved with GHWT. Neversoft has apparently reached Harmonix levels with the tracks and the hardware is top notch. I've never got into the music games though.

Eh, I'm kinda addicted I guess... I don't really have the patience to FC easy songs although I sometimes do unintentionally, but still nothing really challenges me anymore =[. It's kinda weird that I pass TTFAF and Jordan easily.

Can anyone link me to a SIMPLE tutorial on how to put your own custom songs in GH3 for the PS2? I've seen like 3 so far, they all just assume we know the basics of customization and end up not being tutorials at all. I'd appreciate if anyone could find me an easy one to follow!

if you go to the scorehero forums they have things that tell you how to do customs songs and all
oh and i love guitar hero/rock band
ive 5 starred all expert songs besides raining blood and TTFAF and i was 1 note away from FCing The Number of the Beast
i can also play expert on the drums :D
too bad i only own RB1 with the crappy songs and all :(

It's dissappointing the REAL guitar bands, like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits and Eric Clapton aren't included...

I do love GH, but I actually play drums and guitar, so yeah.

Anyway, the new Guitar Hero is pretty sweet, but Hot for Teacher's intro is INSANE on Expert. my frined on Ex. Guitar, me on Ex. Bass, and some kid on wifi on drums didn't even get past the intro

if you go to the scorehero forums they have things that tell you how to do customs songs and all
oh and i love guitar hero/rock band
ive 5 starred all expert songs besides raining blood and TTFAF and i was 1 note away from FCing The Number of the Beast
i can also play expert on the drums :D
too bad i only own RB1 with the crappy songs and all :(
Lol, scorehero is like the smogon for guitar hero.

I just purchased GH: Decades for the DS.
While many people think this kind of Guitar Hero is an insult to the brand, it's very easy to pick up and play, having only 4 buttons, and the pick stylus is pretty cool as well.

The song selection is still a bit meh, but it's a HUGE improvement over the original DS game, having about 15 more titles than the previous version, and the songs are more rock and less pop.

I am absolutely TERRIBLE at Guitar Hero. I cannot FC any GH1 song on normal :( No, not even I love Rock 'n Roll or Smoke on the Water, I always seem to mess up sooner or later. And I always fuck up when down comes an orange note. Damn fat fingers.

I just got GH:WT yesterday and must say I am disappointed on Hotel California, I hadn't imagined certain notes that way :( maybe it's because I'm just playing in medium and the real fun lies in hard/expert. also the loading times are awful (PS2).

other than that YEAH pull me under/vicarious

It's dissappointing the REAL guitar bands, like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits and Eric Clapton aren't included...
This. No joke, when I heard Heartbreaker was gonna be on GH4 I got excited because I thought it was the Led Zep song, but no. Fucking pat benatar.

Also, no acdc yet? are you kidding me, neversoft?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Neversoft has little say in which music gets in. It's up to Activision to stop being douchebags and going up to top tier bands under the impression that they're doing the bands a favour. It's a different relationship depending on the bands. GH and RB help get exposure for smaller bands, but it's definitely the other way around for big acts like The Beatles and ACDC.

Not to mention EA and/or Activision might sign exclusivity deals with certain bands so that the other can't get a hold of the license.

Also, a really ironic note, Konami is supposedly working a Guitar Hero arcade game for Activision. The pioneer of the music game genre and guitar games making one for the publisher that just ripped it off. World can be cruel.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i got wt a while back and thats when i really got into guitar hero, its quite awesome. have only been playing for a few days but i'm 4-starring medium generally now, probably gonna move onto hard soon.

world tour is quite sweet even though the setlist lacks in many places.

wow Coalex, that's actually fucking impressive (this coming from a gh3 nerd)

in other news i have 26 FCs as of today, a raining blood away from el jefe and still choking like hell on even flow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)