Gym League Re-establishment

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Alright, I'm pretty sure everyone is already aware of the fact that the Gym League is undergoing a massive change as a result of the new changes we're making to the forum. Here's the details of it.

Incumbency
Users that were gym leaders prior to the reset are able to retain ownership of one of their gyms from before. This requires a PM to the entire Gym Committee (myself, smashlloyd20, and Maxim) stating that you are intending to retain the gym.

Formats
Gyms are now going to be split into two tiers, Normal Mode and Hard Mode (think BW2 challenge mode I suppose). Leaders are allowed to have very different arenas and rulesets for the two tiers, provided that they pass the screening from the committee.

The only overarching requirement is that NM gym matches will only provide the gym leader with 2 additional mons on the bench as opposed to the 3 in HM.

New Leaders
The days of the short-lived application system are over. We'll be moving back to a qualifier system for establishing new gyms as a more effective way to choose between candidates and properly evaluate the capabilities of each potential leader.

All users are welcome to ask questions in the thread and I'll make sure to get answers here. Additionally, you can use this thread to state your interest in taking up a gym. The announcement about which gyms are being retained will be made in a week's time or so, so all users may begin planning if they want to lead one of the available gyms.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
I'd like to put myself in the running for Dark Gym again. I have the mons and the movepools for it.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I have the mons and movepools for both Dark and Psychic, and I'm not quite sure which I'd like to go for. I definitely would like to try for one of them though.

This is of course provided I can stay active.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Hi Mirbro, just to be clear, this is a forum game, not something we're playing on cartridge or Showdown. If you want to be a gym leader here first you need to actually join our forum game. The old Beginner's Guide hasn't been updated in quite a while for whatever reason, but if you contact me or another BBP player, or join our Discord server we'd be more than happy to help you get set up.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Interested in becoming Psychic Leader, though I guess it's not really happening anytime soon.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Alright, we're finally in a position where I feel like we are ready to go forward with these.

Dark: LouisCyphre, Geodude6
Psychic: TMan87, Geodude6
Ice: Un Passant Ordinaire

Other applicants are welcomed of course. This is just the current list and the ones that will be tagged when I put up the threads containing the rules and pools for these qualifiers. You are allowed to post in those threads if your interest in the gym has been piqued since this post, but not after the qualifiers have officially begun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)