Hack checks

"The use of external devices to alter a player’s Pokémon game is expressly forbidden. Random checks will be performed throughout the tournament to determine whether or not an external device has been used to modify a player’s game or Pokémon. Players found to have games that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, regardless of whether the player tampered with his or her game, or received a Pokémon or item that was tampered with by someone other than the player. It is the player’s responsibility to have legal Pokémon. Event officials have the final determination regarding the legality of a Pokémon."

From the competition - http://showdown.pokemon.com/rules/qualifier_rules.xhtml

So, my question - what can these checks detect?
Can they check whether parents are hacked, or the pokemon having hacked IVs? Will they check if the items are hacked?
Can they see if it is cloned via AR as opposed to GTS or Emerald Cloning, or something like that?
Can they tell if the cartridge itself has had AR encounters?

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1223211&postcount=286

The best bet for the tournament is "If you used AR, or traded for crap like Shaymin/Arceus then you should reset your game".

From what I hear gamefreak has a way to roll back the clock and see if anything "suddenly appears" (lol this sounds completely fake though).

Also I heard that Save files are affected quite a bit by AR, and this is apparently detectable and such. Not too sure on this though.

Other than that, "Not much is known"

Well, I haven't actually "used AR" on my game. However, I have received weird things, like SlowStart Weavile which I immediately removed from my game. Promptly deleted withing one hour, I needed it so that I could breed ice punch for a trade (don't ask).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)