Hacked Pokemon conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently received off a wondertrade a clearly hacked 6 IV shiny JPN ditto and I have a lot of questions about:

Is it safe to keep it?
Can I use it for breeding and if so are the Pokemon which are bred from it classed as 'hacked'?
Should I get rid of it?
I heard having hacked mon can corrupt games, is this true?

I'm not sure if this was the correct place to post this but I'm kind of worried about having this in my game.

I can't answer your questions unfortunately, but I've got one of my own: How can you tell it's clearly hacked? I'm aware that the chance of someone wondertrading a legit perfect shiny is very low, I'm just asking because I'm wondering wether there's a foolproof method to check.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I have recently received off a wondertrade a clearly hacked 6 IV shiny JPN ditto and I have a lot of questions about:

Is it safe to keep it?
Can I use it for breeding and if so are the Pokemon which are bred from it classed as 'hacked'?
Should I get rid of it?
I heard having hacked mon can corrupt games, is this true?

I'm not sure if this was the correct place to post this but I'm kind of worried about having this in my game.
In order:

1) Yes.
2) The bred children will not be hacked or illegal. Hacked 6IV dittos as a parent has been a common breeding strategy for a good while.
3) No. If you do not want it there is no shortage of people who would be happy to take it for you because they either cannot/are not willing to hack one as a parent themselves.
4) In this case at the very least, it will not, especially since you didn't hack it in and got it through wondertrade.

The best place for this kind of thing is the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-and-moon-sqsa-thread.3587435/

I can't answer your questions unfortunately, but I've got one of my own: How can you tell it's clearly hacked? I'm aware that the chance of someone wondertrading a legit perfect shiny is very low, I'm just asking because I'm wondering wether there's a foolproof method to check.
Dittos can not be bred, and if chained have a guaranteed max of 4IV's. If you caught a ditto with this many IV's, the odds for the other two IV's to be perfect are 1/912. I don't know the exact odds for a shiny, but I will make a conservative estimate that with shiny charm + chaining, there are 1/300 odds for a shiny. Therefore, the odds for a shiny 6IV would be 1/288300, or 0.0000035%. The odds that this would happen legitimately and that the person would want to trade the ditto is nearly zero. It it legal, but not legit.

Nevertheless, it isn't an issue to use it. There is no way to trace the bred children back to it, and they will be considered legitimate. I wouldn't really consider it cheating, as you are just getting pokemon you would have been able to get quicker than usual. Plus, it could be useful for Masuda Method breeding.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
TheMantyke Can give a comprehensive answer on this as regards to Smogon Policy. I think he answered the question somewhere before too.

1) The ditto is 100% hacked. However, the game doesn't penalize you at all for keeping hacked Pokemon on your cartridge.
2) There isn't any data on a Pokemon that states if the parents were hacked. The resulting Pokemon is completely legal. However, please don't trade Pokemon bred with hacked dittos in Smogon's wifi section. We generally don't want hacked Pokemon to touch the breeding process at any point in the Pokemon's lineage. If you're somehow caught trading Pokemon who used hacked parents, you will be blacklisted from trading on Smogon.
3) I personally would, but there aren't any negative repercussions for not doing that. Once Pokemon Bank releases, perfectly legitimate flawless foreign dittos from gen 4 and 5 RNG manipulation will be accessible. There are very frequent RNG ditto giveaways in the giveaway section, even. I'm personally waiting to import the ones I've personally RNGed.
4) No, hacked Pokemon won't corrupt your game.

For those who aren't familiar with me or why I'd be the guy to talk about this, I use to help out on Pokecheck giving basic legality explanations to people in a small chat they had and I'm a longstanding wifi mod.

I'm going to close this thread now since its more SQSA material than anything, but if anyone else has further questions, feel free to send me a PM and I can try and explain whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)