HanSoloIndie's Art and WIPs

Wow, it's been about at least 3 months since I last posted anything on in here. Hopefully I can post some art or content soon after college exams conclude. I have worked on some Pokemon art pieces, but unfortunately I can't show you guys yet... can't wait when I can.

Hi everyone, since the results of the 2022 Pokémon Illustration are out, here are my illustrations I submitted to the competition. I didn't make the cut, but I am glad that I participated.
PokemonIllustrationContest2022_entry1 - Publish.png

PokemonIllustrationContest2022_entry3.png

The Ivysaur picture was created using Autodesk Inventor and Clip Studio Paint, while the Galariam Rapidash picture was solely Clip Studio Paint.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

It has been a LONG time since I posted anything here recently. I am sorry for the long period of inactivity, as for the past year and a half, I have been focusing on completing my CS degree and in particular, my health has not been doing so good. Whatever I am experiencing, it currently fatigues me very badly and combined with numerous medical visits, I have not been able to complete any WIPs or do any digital artwork. I hope I can start again soon.

That being said, I am wondering if I should keep my Smogon art thread, and by extent Smogon account open. Twitter is slowly becoming a hellscape to post any art there and staying there is a large liability. I am currently on Tumblr as well, and I am aware that there are some people on here know me for the art I did in the past for tournaments and tiers. I am also thinking about advertising art commissions, but went not good on Twitter, so I was wondering doing so here would be successful. However, my main interest has and always will be Sonic, so I am not sure if I should delete my account here, use this thread as an archive, or post here as well. I would appreciate any experienced Smogon artists' or moderators advice or input.

Thank you everyone,
Han

Pissog

ولكل سؤال كانت فلسطين هي الجواب
is a Top Artist
Hello everyone.

It has been a LONG time since I posted anything here recently. I am sorry for the long period of inactivity, as for the past year and a half, I have been focusing on completing my CS degree and in particular, my health has not been doing so good. Whatever I am experiencing, it currently fatigues me very badly and combined with numerous medical visits, I have not been able to complete any WIPs or do any digital artwork. I hope I can start again soon.

That being said, I am wondering if I should keep my Smogon art thread, and by extent Smogon account open. Twitter is slowly becoming a hellscape to post any art there and staying there is a large liability. I am currently on Tumblr as well, and I am aware that there are some people on here know me for the art I did in the past for tournaments and tiers. I am also thinking about advertising art commissions, but went not good on Twitter, so I was wondering doing so here would be successful. However, my main interest has and always will be Sonic, so I am not sure if I should delete my account here, use this thread as an archive, or post here as well. I would appreciate any experienced Smogon artists' or moderators advice or input.

Thank you everyone,
Han
Hey I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your situation, it must be quite troublesome with everything that's going on rn. As for the second part of the post, I see no reason why you should delete your smogon account. I'm not an expert when it comes to commissions but I think that if you are looking for visibility then the more accounts you have, the better. You never know what interests people may have on this site, just think that I once met a guy here that was obsessed with digimons lol.
I hope things will get better and I wish you good luck with everything ^^

Hey I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your situation, it must be quite troublesome with everything that's going on rn. As for the second part of the post, I see no reason why you should delete your smogon account. I'm not an expert when it comes to commissions but I think that if you are looking for visibility then the more accounts you have, the better. You never know what interests people may have on this site, just think that I once met a guy here that was obsessed with digimons lol.
I hope things will get better and I wish you good luck with everything ^^
Thanks for the advice. As of right now, I want to empathize that I am only active in the Smeargle Studio threads, and not into competitive at all. There's probably a decent chance I won't delete my Smogon account, but I feel like this place represents a radically different person (from 5 years ago). Looking in retrospect and my old posts, I feel like to make my account "current" to myself, I have to post or edit more radical changes. Some people may know me from here at Smeargle's studio, Ubers/AG, and Unpopular Opinions, but I wouldn't say I was the same person that interacted with those folks ago.

Some of these posts especially in Ubers/AG and Unpopular Opinions make me cringe at my old high school self, as I was for the first time outside of DeviantArt (which I used sparingly in the past in middle school) trying to genuinely communicate online, and that inexperience, immaturity, and lack of understanding shows. I guess for someone who is not good (and still isn't good) at communicating, certain social cues get lost in translation online. But at least I can look back and be self-critical of myself.

Last edited:
Anyways, here's some color study WIPS I did recently with some Sonic characters!

1677715170283.png

Alt: Fanart of Sonic characters for a color study. The top left corner shows Mimic shifting into Sonic like in a horror movie, the bottom shows Surge and Kit, and the top right shows Shadow taking off his inhibitor rings a la Sonic 06.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)