Happy Harvest (Playable on Aqua!)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
As far as I remember, if you gain an item back, your speed returns to normal. So Unburden doesn't work too well in this meta. :/
Just for simplicity. I'm sure someone who reads this will find a way to force endess battles. Besides, no collateral damage, right?
this is false. the new endless battle clause pretty much makes every form of leppa infinites (or even any form of infinite as far as we know) out the window, it really hurts pokemon like quagsire, or clefable, who would otherwise enjoy potentially gaining a leppa berry to help stall out pokemon attacks. (especially clefable, who now has "reliable recovery" with moonlight.) making a cosmic power set sound pretty appealing.

some things i want to note, and also find interesting, is in regards to harvest...id imagine harvest should(hint hint, make it happen if it doesnt allready) end up giving the pokemon TWO 50% chances to recover its item-basically giving it 75% chance could be a funny concept, while also not being broken at all, considering items like starf berry forces you to be at 1/4th hp, and otherwise just gives a better chance to retreive a sitrus/lum berry back. they need niches man ;~;

speaking of lum berry, hello instant recovery for:

suicune- not a fan of sleep talk? well now suicune has access to pseudo recovery! so it now has a higher chance of waking up from a 2 turn sleep(think shed shell...but 50% chance)
ferrothorn- eyy, now the annoying thorn-to-your-side can forgo protect for its much more appriciated rest! or you can be a mr funny man, and run rowap berry. so even special attackers fear the residual damage.
Landorus-T- well, not as noteworthy, landorus sure will appriciate its newfound immunity to status alongside its reliable recovery.
Snorlax- curselax just got a much needed buff! now being able to run return/body slam, curse, rest, and whatever coverage it sees fit!
Shuckle?- yeah, i guess its somewhat noteworthy...im guessing its gunna prefer custap/mental herb(dispite not harvestable) over recovery.
Cresselia- Calm mind sets just got scary. whats worse then a cresselia immune to status? a cresselia immune to status that can heal up!
Bronzong- is really just inferior to jirachi bulkwise...but...it gets levitate i guess? idk...
Cofagrigus- yet another honorable mention, as it can now run toxic spikes and have a method of recovery (pain split is illegal with it) certainly giving coffee a good reason to be used.
Audino, alomomola, tangrowth, all regenners,- while not exactly Lum berry, packed with a sitrus berry, regenners are able to stay in on more risky moves, that would usually bring them down to less then 10% of hp, making their next switchin giving them only 45 damage to work with.. but with sitrus, it helps them gain their hp almost up 50% without requiring a recovery move...at first it sounds situational, and a bit redundant, but its actually very very helpful for offensive tangrowth to get off some damage and force your opponent to require a move that can deal over 50% to stop them. way more annoying when in a regen core.
Weezing-see cofag, except even with pain split, was still mediocre.
Throh-annoying as hell phaser that can now run bulk up AND knock off over sleep talk, rather then be forced to pick one/become a sitting duck for 2 turns.
florges- lets be serious here...wishtect is horrible on any pokemon with less then 110 hp, and in general, reliable recovery>wishtect anyways.
clefable-ok i lied...clef much prefers rest over leppalight...makes cosmic power sets almost invincible.

imma have fun with this meta...

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Harvest + Teravolt
Adamant/Jolly: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4hp
-Freeze Shock
-Outrage/Dragon claw
-Fusion Bolt/Roost
-Protect/Substitute

Kyu-B finally gets to use his signature move, and to great effect. With Sun support, he always has a 140 BP Ice STAB move with a paralysis chance. That's huge for him. And without Sun he can use it whenever possible and then Protect/Sub/Roost/other attack until he gets his herb back.

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Harvest + Teravolt
Adamant/Jolly: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4hp
-Freeze Shock
-Outrage/Dragon claw
-Fusion Bolt/Roost
-Protect/Substitute

Kyu-B finally gets to use his signature move, and to great effect. With Sun support, he always has a 140 BP Ice STAB move with a paralysis chance. That's huge for him. And without Sun he can use it whenever possible and then Protect/Sub/Roost/other attack until he gets his herb back.
Unfortunately, Power Herb is not a berry and isn't affected by Harvest.

Unfortunately, Power Herb is not a berry and isn't affected by Harvest.
I was pretty sure Herbs were included in that ability (they should be), but I guess not. scratch that idea then.
I guess a sub/sitrus set with hone claws or something could be effective on Kyu-B to get past bulky mons

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sticky hold might see more use. Sitrus Muk would be ironic, considering how muk obliterates plant life.
I'm pretty sure its violating the sitrus berry by just holding it tbh...

So this post isn't wasted, I'm interested to see how much of an effect SubStarf will have on the meta. The key issue I see with it is that it is somewhat unreliable without Protect(+possibly sun) to back it up, making it limiting in what the user can do with it.

I'm pretty sure its violating the sitrus berry by just holding it tbh...

So this post isn't wasted, I'm interested to see how much of an effect SubStarf will have on the meta. The key issue I see with it is that it is somewhat unreliable without Protect(+possibly sun) to back it up, making it limiting in what the user can do with it.
Or Sub, trigger Starf, and spam Acupressure (Starf would work like Acupressure this way). Then Baton Pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)