Happy little bunny team [OU]

Hello.
I haven’t played in a very long time but I recently got Heartgold and decided to put a team together that I can use both in my game and against Smogon members. Sadly it won’t be used for very long, curse you black/white. I’ve already bred all the pokemon in-game apart from Rotom which should be coming soon. The first stage of putting my team together was just stuffing in my favourites, Lucario and Tyranitar being the MOST AMAZING POKEMON EVER CREATED! And Arcanine…who regrettably wasn’t anywhere close to being useful on this team.

Although I like offensive teams, Lucario and Tyranitar cannot sweep without the proper support and opportunities which is why I had to include three bulky pokemon. This also includes a Scizor DESTROYER, a Machamp DESTROYER, and paralysis support from Slowbro.
This is the team:

I have to make clear that I will not be replacing either Lucario or Tyranitar as the team is supposed to fit around them as opposed to them fitting in. Unfortunately, I have one Stealth Rock weakness and both my walls are weak to Toxic Spikes - Swampert and Slowbro. Another thing is that Tyranitar brings in Sandstorm. This is harmful to Slowbro, Gyarados and Gengar. Normally I don’t bring out Tyranitar until I can definitely get a sweep or until I really need something DEAD DEAD DEAD, so it’s not normally too much of a problem.

Ok now the team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent (Pointless)
Evs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
1: Stealth Rock
2: Earthquake
3: Ice Beam
4: Roar

The leader. Swampert is almost always my leader and for good reason. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t set up Stealth Rock (perhaps I’m being too protective of him). Usually after I’ve set up Stealth Rock I set him off on a roaring rampage, stacking up the Stealth Rock damage and scouting the team. Normally if a Heatran or something else severely weak to ground comes in, I’ll Earthquake it, if it switches, I’ll know for next time what to do. I do the same thing with Ice Beam, if Flygon or Dragonite comes in, I’ll Ice Beam them, although Flygon normally just U-Turns.

The real problems come up when either Celebi or Roserade switch in, or I roar them in. In the case of Roserade, I can either die or risk the chance of the opponent predicting my switch and using Sleep Powder. In the case of Celebi it’s the same, just with Thunder Wave instead. Normally I have to either let Swampert die, or switch in Gyarados to Taunt. Gengar is the best at this though, I can send Gengar in, Protect to scout their move, and either HP fire or run…or Shadow Ball in Celebi’s case. Other than that I can’t really deal with them too well, although Roserade gets easily worn down. Normally it’s just a problem at the start where I don’t know if they will status or attack outright.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
1: Thunder Wave
2: Slack Off
3: Surf
4: HP Electric

This guy should be in OU, don’t tell me he’s outclassed and this and that, he’s awesome! Way better than a crummy old Vaporeon or Suicune. Normally Slowbro takes out about 1 pokemon and paralyses quite a few. The main reason I even considered Slowbro is because he completely eats Machamp. Payback from a Machamp normally does about 22% although after I paralyse it and start surfing, it hits 40-50% which can be healed thanks to Slack Off anyway. Moreover, Slowbro has Own Tempo, an ability which will allow me to switch in to Machamp without being confused. Sooner or later, I win against the Machamp no doubt. As well as utterly destroying Machamp, Slowbro spreads around a lot of paralysis, this really helps Lucario and Tyranitar later when they want some stat boosts or easy kills with Close Combat or Stone Edge. HP Electric is for Gyarados who could otherwise Taunt in which case Gengar would have to switch in…not good. Slowbro also beats things like Vaporeon assuming they don’t have Toxic which is great. Although Starmie has the same typing and better offensive moves and Rapid Spin, I haven’t even considered changing Slowbro as in my eyes, his job, ability and defences will in most situations be more important than a quick Thunderbolt or Ice Beam.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Nature: Adamant
1: Dragon Dance
2: Taunt
3: Waterfall
4: Stone Edge

I just love how I get so many insults just by getting one or two Dragon Dances. Most of the time Gyarados can get 1 or two pokemon down itself, occasionally with some paralysis support from Slowbro. This team really wouldn’t work without him. He works as the Scizor crusher, the Blissey eliminator and quite simply, RAAAARRRGH! Admittedly, I copied the Ev spread from the Smogon strategy pokedex. That doesn’t make the set any less intimidating though, He runs straight through Blissey and other things like a carrot runs through a thick sheet of steel...sort of. I also have this exact Gyarados in Heartgold, although it’s the red one from the Lake of Rage. There’s not much else to say about Gyarados, I just don’t see myself replacing him.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
1: Substitute
2: Pain Split
3: Shadow Ball
4: Focus Blast

I’ve won (and lost [thank you Focus Blast]) so many games because of Gengar. With this moveset I can beat Blissey and scout when switching pokemon out. On Gengar, I’d really like to replace the Life orb. In a sandstorm or hail or anything like that, Gengar dies unbelievably quickly, not to mention the fact that he’s quite frail too. Although with Pain Split I can heal off Sandstorm Damage (Thank God) and my Life Orb damage whilst also hitting the other pokemon for a bit of damage. I’m thinking about using an accuracy boosting item for Focus Blast. Although Gengar is good, this is the pokemon who is ready to be replaced for a GOOD reason with a VERY GOOD alternative.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sandstream
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
1: Dragon Dance
2: Crunch
3: Stone Edge
4: Earthquake

When Tyranitar gets one Dragon Dance he’s pretty good, when he gets two he’s indescribable and when he gets six (he’s got six before…) you can’t even beat him with 100 teams of six…or at least…you can’t beat him until he runs out of PP. Actually that’s pretty much the same with any Dragon Dancer, sorry Tyranitar you’re not one in 493. All the moves and Evs are self-explanatory. The Lum Berry is there for things like Blissey who’d like to paralyze me. It lets me get an extra Dragon Dance and proceed to sweep the team assuming Scizor’s been taken care of (if there is a Scizor). Mostly I bring him in on things like Rotom –H or a Choiced Gengar who can’t harm him (much) and can therefore get one or two Dances and DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!!!!! The only thing that ever troubles Tyranitar is Scizor who has two pokemon dedicated to crushing him like the bug he is. Tyranitar is my second favourite pokemon, second to Lucario and has no chance of being replaced.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
1: Swords Dance
2: Close Combat
3: Extreme Speed
4: Crunch

Standard excellent Lucario. Can sweep a team with a moment’s notice, even without Swords Dance on some occasions. Lucario is the main pokemon, joint with Tyranitar and also has no chance of being replaced. Who would want to replace him anyway? With Thunder Wave support from Slowbro, Gyarados to soften up targets with Intimidate and Stealth Rock support from Swampert…and whatever Gengar does, Lucario is arguably the best pokemon in OU when in this kind of team…well that’s my opinion anyway. Close Combat, Crunch and Extreme Speed are all obvious moves for great coverage. Life Orb is for extra damage and Jolly nature is for things like Mamoswine, Electivire and stuff like that. Although they’re uncommon, I think Jolly is still worth it.

Ok so rate. Thanks.

Hello Ouchies,

Welcome back to competitive Pokemon! First off, after looking at your team, you look pretty weak to Electric type moves from anything that would normally use them. Choice Scarf Rotom-a really does a number on you without Swampert. Other than Tyranitar (who isn't really supposed to be taking these types of attacks anyway being a sweeper, etc) everything on your team is 1/2 HKOed with relative ease. To help alleviate this weakness, I am going to reccomend: Life Orb Shaymin to replace your Gyarados. This set is a great wall breaker (save Blissey) and it will also help you to get past bulky waters like Suicune. Currently, they are very difficult for you to KO without losing a substantial amount of team members. Shaymin also has some handy resistances for your team to work off of, so I think it will make a great addition. Here is the set I reccomend:

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 180 Spe / 76 HP
Nature: Timid
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-HP Fire
-Rest
Hope this helps you out!

I'm going to build off of undisputed's rate, assuming you do make the change from Gyarados to Shaymin, your team becomes Stall weak. With Gyarados, you had a way to stop entry hazard set-up with Taunt versus stall teams, and having a shot at sweeping their team (Rest talk Rotom-A would've been a problem, but Tyranitar helps there). Instead of replacing Gyarados with Shaymin, I think Gengar should be replaced with Shaymin instead. DD Gyarados and DD Tyranitar is a remarkable offensive duo, Gyarados walls and sets-up on Scizor trying to stop Tyranitar's sweep, and Tyranitar does the same for Gyarados against Rotom-A. The Shaymin set in undisputed's rate will work wonders over Gengar, firstly because you still lure out Scizor and KO it with Hidden Power Fire, and secondly it solves the issue of "Gengar dies too fast with LO, Sandstorm, and frail defenses". Shaymin doesn't have the same power as Gengar, but has a more powerful STAB in Seed Flare, good coverage, and the valuable ability to heal itself from Life Orb recoil and recover back HP via Rest. This will allow it to stay healthy to take on bigger threats such as Offenive Calm Mind Suicune and Life Orb Starmie, tl;dr, it's a more bulkier, a little less powerful, more long lasting, Special Attacker when compared to Gengar.

GL

Thanks guys I think I'll go with Shaymin in place of Gengar and see how that turns out.

After numerous games with Shaymin instead of Gengar and Shaymin instead of Gyarados, I've decided that both Gengar and Gyarados are better than Shaymin on this team.

ok what is up with all these jirachi avatars you posers

jk

Hello there, glad to see that you're back into battling! I also think Shaymin would be a good fit on this team, but I personally think Gyarados should be replaced. Currently, you have three bulky Waters on your team, which is more than enough to cover opposing Heatran. I would use Shaymin's offensive Leech Seed to help out against stall, but feel free to keep your current team members if they've been working out well for you. Moving on to Gengar, I highly recommend that you replace its current set with the standard SubSplit set on site. This will clear up Gengar's survivability problems, as Pain Split will provide you with access to recovery, even capitalizing on Sandstorm's residual damage. Additionally, SubSplit Gengar is a great weapon to utilize against stall teams if played correctly.

Very nice team, but needs a few improvements, replace Slowbro. He's as slow as hell and any Electric/Grass/Bug type that has at least 100 Attack or Special WILL OHKO him, I/E Shaymin, Jolteon, or Scizor. He's also Pursuit bait. Not that fun considering that Tyranitar or Weaville are the main Pursuit users. And replace him with Vaporeon. Also, you should get rid of taunt on Gyardos and replace it with Ice Fang (I would've said EQ but stupid lack of TM26). On Gengar, take out Protect. This guy was never meant for it, it's a sweeper, not a wall, and replace it with Thunderbolt. And replace Swampert for Metagross, he's just THAT much better. Nothing else, really just that you're gonna have one huge heck of troubles with things named Infernape and Jolteon, maybe Electivire.

Very nice team, but needs a few improvements, replace Slowbro. He's as slow as hell and any Electric/Grass/Bug type that has at least 100 Attack or Special WILL OHKO him, I/E Shaymin, Jolteon, or Scizor. He's also Pursuit bait. Not that fun considering that Tyranitar or Weaville are the main Pursuit users. And replace him with Vaporeon. Also, you should get rid of taunt on Gyardos and replace it with Ice Fang (I would've said EQ but stupid lack of TM26). On Gengar, take out Protect. This guy was never meant for it, it's a sweeper, not a wall, and replace it with Thunderbolt. And replace Swampert for Metagross, he's just THAT much better. Nothing else, really just that you're gonna have one huge heck of troubles with things named Infernape and Jolteon, maybe Electivire.
Uh, Gengar uses Protect to see what a Band Scizor will use first attack. If it's Bullet Punch, Gengar switches. If it's Pursuit, Gar HP Fires to KO. Gyarados uses Taunt to stop any Phazers and Stausers who are slower then him from ruining his sweep. Your replacement for Slowbro is laughable; I don't see how Vaporeon actually helps when shes destroyed by the first two pokes you list that destroy Slowbro, Choice Band Scizor doesn't OHKO Slowbro with U-Turn, Vaporeon doesn't have T-Wave, which is crucial for this team to help Tar and Cario sweep.

Actually learn the damn metagame before rating.

Now to actually rate this team. Giving Tyranitar Fire Punch when you have the rest of your team to handle Scizor is a bit odd. Forretress may be able to take his Stone Edges, but only one if Tar has a Dragon Dance when Forry comes in, and you can easily wait until Forry is weakened enough or has Exploded to set up Tar. besides those two, pretty much everything else is hit harder by Crunch or Stone Edge besides Jirachi, and thats where I suggest you replace Fire Punch for Earthquake. All Jirachi varients survive a Crunch, while most Jirachi are outsped and OHKOed with a couple of Dragon Dances, while the only varients that outspeeds even at +2 can easily be taken advantage of with Gyarados.

Actually, I play the metagame, so I know what the hell I'm talking about and I studied it for a year, so yeah, I know what I'm saying. Thunderbolt Jolteon will OHKO Slowbro and if not Vaporeon, you should use Celebi, much better than Slowbro and learns thunder Wave. And she destroys all 3 Pokemon I put up. And if Gyarados is faster he OHKOs, I really don't see how on Earth does a fainted Pokemon attack? And I'd suggest getting rid of DDTar for MixApe because DDTar is slow at first, and he gets destroyed by anything named Focus Punch and Close Combat. While MixApe doesn't need any set-up and can sweep right from the start, just be wary of LO recoil. and w/out Thunderbolt, Gengar gets walled by stuff named Suicune and Gyarados, both of which can always survive and hit and OHKO back.

I think you misunderstood the point of Slowbro, it's used to get rid of things like Machamp and Infernape and as paralysis support. his speed doesn't make a difference, he paralyzes his foes and avoids the extra power from Payback. Oh and Thunderbolt from Jolteon doesn't kill Slowbro in one shot.

As for Gyarados, Taunt breaks down things like Blissey and Skarmory who would otherwise paralyze, burn or whirlwind or set up spikes on or cure the team or anything like that, also avoiding things like toxic from vaporeon and hippowdon and then setting up 6 DDs. What would Ice Fang hit that Stone Edge can't apart from Roserade and Shaymin?

Also, you can't just say a pokemon is "better". Metagross doesn't fit in with my team because it gives another ground weakness and fire weakness which is really hard to deal with. So...how is Metagross "THAT" much better?

Now to actually rate this team. Giving Tyranitar Fire Punch when you have the rest of your team to handle Scizor is a bit odd. Forretress may be able to take his Stone Edges, but only one if Tar has a Dragon Dance when Forry comes in, and you can easily wait until Forry is weakened enough or has Exploded to set up Tar. besides those two, pretty much everything else is hit harder by Crunch or Stone Edge besides Jirachi, and thats where I suggest you replace Fire Punch for Earthquake. All Jirachi varients survive a Crunch, while most Jirachi are outsped and OHKOed with a couple of Dragon Dances, while the only varients that outspeeds even at +2 can easily be taken advantage of with Gyarados.
Thanks for the rate, I'll try Earthquake just after I finish testing some other stuff suggested by other raters. My only problem with it is that I can't hit Skarmory for too much...Whirlwind could ruin a whole DD or two.

Well, considering a STAB Stone Edge is the same power as a super effective Fire Punch, Physically defensive Skarm beats Tyranitar anyway.

But an Azelf lead would work because it's immune to Ground attacks, OHKOs both Machamp and Infernape with Psychic. And Thunderbolt from Jolteon would OHKO Slowbro 73.7625% of the time with Stealth Rock. As for Gyarados, he's faster than both of them, but he can't 2HKO either on one of them with Stealth Rock, because it only does about 30% damage on either one. And Ice Fang WILL hit harder on Roserade and Shaymin, always. So I guess you're kinda right, though. And as for Slowbro, I can say that he should be replaced by Shaymin, because it will create a Ground resistance, Shaymin is 3.3x faster, and Shaymin does whatever Slowbro does, better. And as for the Machamp and Infernape threat, Azelf should deal with them really well.

OK
you really need to think about base stats and weaknesses
swampert has a really low sp attack so make it have ice punch instead of ice beam

gyarados HAS to have earthquake no matter what or it can easily be screwed over by any electric type

tyranitar, gengar and slowbro are good

but i would suggest that you make lucario a special sweeper because of its higher Sp attack base stat and aura sphere really helps with revenge killing.

hope this helps!

Sir Koopaman: So does Shaymin utterly destroy Machamp and Infernape?

Azelf lead wouldn't help me very much as I will need some kind of wall that resists electric. Also even if Jolteon OHKOs Slowbro (although it's never happened in any game i've ever fought), I can still switch to Swampert which is why Azelf wouldn't work there. Azelf can't fit in Thunder-Wave either.

And to Dillon:
Thanks for your rate but I don't think I need to use Earthquake to take out electric types. The only electric users weak to ground are Magnezone and Jolteon which are both easily taken out by a boosted Waterfall. I can't take out Jolteon without being boosted anyway because it's too fast.

Thanks for the tip about Swampert I'll be testing that out.

If Lucario was a special sweeper I would miss out on ExtremeSpeed and Swords Dance. With Swords Dance I can boost my attack to astronomical levels, much higher than its special attack, and ExtremSpeed is crucial for taking out faster pokemon who are low defence or that resist Close Combat. 5 Base special attack doesn't make much of a difference and I can get amazing sweeps with physical combat.

Thanks.

Berserkerlord: Oops, forgot about that. =P

Sir Koopaman: So does Shaymin utterly destroy Machamp and Infernape?

Azelf lead wouldn't help me very much as I will need some kind of wall that resists electric. Also even if Jolteon OHKOs Slowbro (although it's never happened in any game i've ever fought), I can still switch to Swampert which is why Azelf wouldn't work there. Azelf can't fit in Thunder-Wave either.
Shaymin doesn't utterly destroys Machamp but if it survives an Infernape Flamethrower, Infernape will be OHKOed by Earth Power. And even though Azelf doesn't resist Electric, he will OHKO every Electric type if not by Flamethrower/Fire Blast. But I tested him out yesterday, and he FAILS, so just stick with your Swampert. And Machamp can't OHKO Shaymin regardless of any situation. And please, just stop defending Slowbro, he's slow and not that bulky. And he's weak to Electric, and please GET EQ on Gyarados otherwise, Electric types will run all over him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)